FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Ktr101 RfA - 4th time the charm? -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ktr101 RfA - 4th time the charm?, Or will NW nuke him?
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

To quote the Chairman of the Board - just what makes that little ol' ant think he can move a rubber tree plant? Everyone knows an ant...can't...move a rubber tree plant. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif)

But whatever high hopes he had seem to have been kneecap whacked by our favorite NW, leading the Oppose charge. Plus, there is a vague acknowledgment by the candidate of a "a copyright problem at an article I created" -- hmmm, that may explain why an Arbcom member nominated him for adminship! (Arbcom to community: send more plagiarists!) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)

By the way, Ktr101 is also on Facebook. The kid needs to spend more quality time at Popeye's Fried Chicken! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

Could you run through Verifiability not Truth once more?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,015

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 1st June 2010, 1:24am) *

By the way, Ktr101 is also on Facebook. The kid needs to spend more quality time at Popeye's Fried Chicken! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Ah the joys of Facebook privacy:

Kevin only shares some of his Profile information with everyone.

I have removed the information after a polite request from Kevin. This information contained a significant number of personal details, and several quotes of dubious taste that suggested a lack of appropriate judgement. Kevin has appropriately modified his Facebook profile. DB
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Mon 31st May 2010, 8:38pm) *

Interested in: Women

Oppose. Too many heterosexual admins. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Theanima

Group: Contributors

Can this thread be tarpitted? Dumbass dogbiscuit is posting personal information that was probably intended to be private.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Theanima @ Mon 31st May 2010, 7:07pm) *

Can this thread be tarpitted? Dumbass dogbiscuit is posting personal information that was probably intended to be private.

Data Processor
Hyannis, Massachusetts
I enter in 50 resumes a day and scan stuff. I also have newfound internet sleuthing skills.

Us, too! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)

If you don't want everyone in the universe to know it about you, don't put it on the internet.™

+Quote Post
Zoloft

May we all find solace in our dreams.

Member No.: 16,621

A great argument you guys are, for anonymity here. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
One

Postmaster General

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Tue 1st June 2010, 2:23am) *

A great argument you guys are, for anonymity here. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)

Don't even think about giving up your anonymity here. It's a pseud paradise.
+Quote Post
Kelly Martin

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Member No.: 6,696

QUOTE(Theanima @ Mon 31st May 2010, 9:07pm) *
If he had intended for it to be private, he shouldn't have put it into Facebook. Duh.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Mon 31st May 2010, 8:45pm) *
QUOTE(Theanima @ Mon 31st May 2010, 9:07pm) *
If he had intended for it to be private, he shouldn't have put it into Facebook. Duh.

Second. Obviously you objectors must have your own Facebooks, and you don't realize how bad
Facebook actually is when it comes to "privacy". You (and a long list of other Wikipedians) are
damned fools.
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

QUOTE(Theanima @ Tue 1st June 2010, 3:07am) *

I have no Facebook relationship with this person. I blanked the email addresses. I felt the sheer quantity of publicly available information was noteworthy.

I do note that his birthdate is in there, so I'll happily blank that, there was so much information up there I didn't spot it.

If it wasn't intentional that he published it, then is the sort of person you want administrating Wikipedia, obviously someone of sound judgement.
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Member No.: 3,670

A lot of people on Facebook have a love-hate relationship with privacy issues.
+Quote Post
ulsterman

Group: Inactive

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 1st June 2010, 1:24am) *

To quote the Chairman of the Board - just what makes that little ol' ant think he can move a rubber tree plant? Everyone knows an ant...can't...move a rubber tree plant. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif)

But whatever high hopes he had seem to have been kneecap whacked by our favorite NW, leading the Oppose charge. Plus, there is a vague acknowledgment by the candidate of a "a copyright problem at an article I created" -- hmmm, that may explain why an Arbcom member nominated him for adminship! (Arbcom to community: send more plagiarists!) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)

Interesting range of opposers. Where else will you see agreement between Sarah, our own Abd, NW and Cirt? Sarah is one of the best admins going and not to be confused with other admins who may or may not have a similar name. I doubt that I need comment on the others!

+Quote Post
Rick

I thought this bloke was already an admin?

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Fri 23rd April 2010, 11:19pm) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 23rd April 2010, 4:52am) *

QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Thu 22nd April 2010, 6:29pm) *
QUOTE(Rick @ Fri 23rd April 2010, 1:03am) *

Tiptoety is one of my least favourite admins.....http://concordiapdx.org/wp-content/uploads.../09_9-cnews.pdf
He's in the photo on the right on the first page, and he's the one wearing glasses.
These are Portland Police Cadets ... is he second on the right named as Tyler Van Wormer, or Nathan Hepp with the shades on his head?

Tyler Van Wormer.

Yes, I think that backstabbing little twat definitely belongs on Hivemind.

Damn...Tyler looks like he was separated at birth by another of the too-eager teenager admins, young master Kevin Rutherford, aka Ktr101. Check out his inane grinning mug shot on Facebook. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif)

To quote Paul Lynde from "Bye Bye Birdie" - what's the matter with kids today? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)

(emphasis on the "teenager admins" part mine)

This post has been edited by Rick:
+Quote Post
CharlotteWebb

Postmaster General

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 23rd April 2010, 4:52am) *

QUOTE(Rick @ Fri 23rd April 2010, 1:03am) *

Tiptoety is one of my least favourite admins.....http://concordiapdx.org/wp-content/uploads.../09_9-cnews.pdf
He's in the photo on the right on the first page, and he's the one wearing glasses.

Tyler Van Wormer.

Except he looks more like Randy Van Warmer (with a crew cut). (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yak.gif)

+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(ulsterman @ Tue 1st June 2010, 8:03am) *

Interesting range of opposers. Where else will you see agreement between Sarah, our own Abd, NW and Cirt? Sarah is one of the best admins going and not to be confused with other admins who may or may not have a similar name. I doubt that I need comment on the others!

I can't agree about Sarah -- I've found her to be vindictive and, sadly, rather stupid -- and Cirt has no credibility. But kudos to Abd, who pretty much nailed the coffin in a precise and clearly-defined manner.

At this point, the Good Ship Rutherford has taken on too much water. If the kid was smart, he'd get off while he can and come back next year. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif)
+Quote Post
Theanima

QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Tue 1st June 2010, 8:37am) *

I have no Facebook relationship with this person. I blanked the email addresses. I felt the sheer quantity of publicly available information was noteworthy.

I do note that his birthdate is in there, so I'll happily blank that, there was so much information up there I didn't spot it.

If it wasn't intentional that he published it, then is the sort of person you want administrating Wikipedia, obviously someone of sound judgement.

That's strange, I don't recall wanting him to become an admin. Of course, you know me better than I do.
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

QUOTE(Theanima @ Tue 1st June 2010, 3:54pm) *

That's strange, I don't recall wanting him to become an admin. Of course, you know me better than I do.

<sigh> Typos excepted, I would hope that those people who like to go around throwing casual insults would at least have the understanding of English.

I'll put it more simply:

If someone does not understand the implications of publishing highly personal information, including that which includes comments that could be taken as racist, and does himself no favours in terms of his CV, is he the sort of person that should be given access to stand in judgement over other people and have privileged access to information?

Put another way, is this the sort of person who increases the stature of Wikipedia?

The "it's just some tools" meme died a long time ago.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Tue 1st June 2010, 11:31am) *

Put another way, is this the sort of person who increases the stature of Wikipedia?

The only person who would possible increase WP's stature is Stephen Hawking, but he's now chasing UFOs. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)

QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Tue 1st June 2010, 11:31am) *

Yes, but for too many Wikipedians, the tools represent the only genuine accomplishment they can boast about. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)
+Quote Post
Theanima

QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Tue 1st June 2010, 4:31pm) *

<sigh> Typos excepted, I would hope that those people who like to go around throwing casual insults would at least have the understanding of English.

I'll put it more simply:

If someone does not understand the implications of publishing highly personal information, including that which includes comments that could be taken as racist, and does himself no favours in terms of his CV, is he the sort of person that should be given access to stand in judgement over other people and have privileged access to information?

Um, this was never in dispute. I opposed the guy for goodness sake. What is the issue is your unnecessary posting of his information here. As if to prove some sort of a point.
+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.
Member No.: 981

QUOTE(Theanima @ Tue 1st June 2010, 10:12am) *

QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Tue 1st June 2010, 4:31pm) *

I'll put it more simply:

Um, this was never in dispute. I opposed the guy for goodness sake. What is the issue is your unnecessary posting of his information here. As if to prove some sort of a point.

He just told you, in plan English, the point. What does your personal position on his Rf A have to do with anything? Make sense to me.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)