FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Stephen Colbert's "Me Reporters" -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Stephen Colbert's "Me Reporters", CNN just like Wikipedia?
thekohser

Group: Regulars

Well worth watching and noting how closely CNN's move is a Wikipedia-esque shift, and oh how Colbert skewers it!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

And this is why the media are so perversely fond of Wikipedia. They see a giant encyclo-thing
put together by random twits, and go "why can't we get random twits to report the news for us".
CNN has been trying since 2006 with iReport. I seriously doubt that will be very effective. But they
don't care.

Plus, (remaining) members of the Fourth Estate are quite fond of snitching pseudo-facts from WP.

You see, (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif) Wikinews (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif) is the future. A shitty future, but the future nonetheless.

Hopefully all the corporate newspapers, newsmagazines, and TV news operations will bankrupt
themselves, and be replaced by something more honest.....if we're incredibly lucky.....
(whatever it is, it probably won't be (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif) Wikinews (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif) . You can't get much lower than (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif) Wikinews (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif) .
Even British tabloids give you more information than (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif) Wikinews (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif) .)

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)