Group: Contributors
Member No.: 7,328

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Sun 3rd March 2013, 5:16am) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sun 3rd March 2013, 3:38am) *

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Sat 2nd March 2013, 3:16pm) *

That's ruddy Ottava logic.

I'm not sure why my logic would be brown.

Don't keep flaunting your ruddy ignorance of English. Obviously any native English speaker would know that "ruddy" isn't "brown".

And The Joy, that proves Ottava here isn't user Ottava Rima. Although Ottava Rima is a total shithead, he does write English correctly, at least most of the time.

Funny, because Graham McNeill and other dime novel writers in England all use it only to refer to a color.

As I pointed out, no one actually uses it in the way you pretend. You are a bad parody. You might as well claim to be Australian and add "Crikey" to the end of all of your sentences.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Abd
post Sun 3rd March 2013, 10:13pm
Post #22

Postmaster

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 9,019

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sun 3rd March 2013, 9:50am) *
QUOTE(Retrospect @ Sun 3rd March 2013, 5:16am) *
QUOTE(Ottava @ Sun 3rd March 2013, 3:38am) *
QUOTE(Retrospect @ Sat 2nd March 2013, 3:16pm) *
That's ruddy Ottava logic.
I'm not sure why my logic would be brown.
Don't keep flaunting your ruddy ignorance of English. Obviously any native English speaker would know that "ruddy" isn't "brown".

And The Joy, that proves Ottava here isn't user Ottava Rima. Although Ottava Rima is a total shithead, he does write English correctly, at least most of the time.
Funny, because Graham McNeill and other dime novel writers in England all use it only to refer to a color.

As I pointed out, no one actually uses it in the way you pretend. You are a bad parody. You might as well claim to be Australian and add "Crikey" to the end of all of your sentences.
Crikey, mates.

Plus ca change, plus le meme chose, mes amis.

I looked at WR today, just because the button is there, and I see this, Ottava defending a stupid comment he made, endlessly. I knew exactly what was intended by "ruddy," I've seen or heard the usage many times. However, I looked it up. Yup. It's an intensifier, and "bloody" would be the origin, an obvious substitution.

However, I'm also sure that this Ottava is the real one, i.e., JP. Such a dedicated combination of intelligence and stubborn stupidity is rare, and he's had this account for a long time.

+Quote Post
Ottava
post Mon 4th March 2013, 3:15am
Post #23

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Abd @ Sun 3rd March 2013, 5:13pm) *

I looked at WR today, just because the button is there, and I see this, Ottava defending a stupid comment he made, endlessly. I knew exactly what was intended by "ruddy," I've seen or heard the usage many times. However, I looked it up. Yup. It's an intensifier, and "bloody" would be the origin, an obvious substitution.

Abd, you are dense. This sock of Poetlister tries to make it seem like he isn't the same as the other socks by overuse of "ruddy." British people don't actually use the term in the way he does anymore (as I said before, it would be similar to hearing "rad" used in the US). However, he uses it in every post and sometimes multiple times. Selina vanished for the time, so the Poetlister socks have free reign, which is to everyone's detriment.
+Quote Post
The Joy
post Mon 4th March 2013, 11:41am
Post #24

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

John Carter has proposed a possible solution to your dilemma, Ottava:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Drmies#Ottava_Rima

If you're ever going to get back in the Wikipedia game, you're going to have some restrictions on you at least at first. confused.gif

I still don't know who you think I am in that Arb Noticeboard thread. shrug.gif
+Quote Post
The Joy
post Mon 4th March 2013, 6:02pm
Post #25

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...de_review_log=1

Your talkpage access has been restored, Ottava.

Don't blow it. frustrated.gif
+Quote Post
The Joy
post Mon 4th March 2013, 7:13pm
Post #26

QUOTE(The Joy @ Mon 4th March 2013, 1:02pm) *

Your talkpage access has been restored, Ottava.

Don't blow it. frustrated.gif

Oh, never mind!

+Quote Post
Shalom
post Mon 4th March 2013, 8:57pm
Post #27

Über Member

Member No.: 5,566

jEFFREY WILL NEVER BE UNBLOCKED HAHA!!!
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Tue 5th March 2013, 1:07am
Post #28

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(The Joy @ Mon 4th March 2013, 6:41am) *

If you're ever going to get back in the Wikipedia game, you're going to have some restrictions on you at least at first. confused.gif

There is only one person, and I stated you were he before.

Also, I proposed far harder restrictions than John did each time I sent in a ban appeal and got laughed at. ArbCom doesn't go for restrictions nor have they even attempted to put any together.

Shalom

tongue.gif

What is your status? I couldn't keep up after a while.

This post has been edited by Ottava: Tue 5th March 2013, 1:18am
+Quote Post
Jay
post Tue 5th March 2013, 12:28pm
Post #29

Member No.: 13,123

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sun 3rd March 2013, 2:50pm) *

Firstly, they would use it to refer to a colour, not a color. Secondly, the fact that some writers choose to restrict themselves to one meaning of a word doesn't prove that other meanings, well documented in dictionaries, have ceased to exist.

Thirdly, due to your inability to understand English, you have of course missed the point that ruddy means red. Do you know the difference between red and brown?

QUOTE(Abd @ Sun 3rd March 2013, 10:13pm) *

Such a dedicated combination of intelligence and stubborn stupidity is rare

What intelligence? unsure.gif
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Tue 5th March 2013, 11:10pm
Post #30

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Jay @ Tue 5th March 2013, 7:28am) *

Firstly, they would use it to refer to a colour, not a color.

No, because I am not British. You don't offer snide "corrections" to back up your sock. Instead, you realize that socking is stupid and your harassment is stupid and cut it out.

Thirdly, due to your inability to understand English, you have of course missed the point that ruddy means red. Do you know the difference between red and brown?

Actually, you fell into a trap and admitted that the term actually means a color and not "damned" or whatever silly notion you tried to push on your sock account.

This post has been edited by Ottava: Tue 5th March 2013, 11:10pm
+Quote Post
Abd
post Wed 6th March 2013, 1:57am
Post #31

Postmaster

Member No.: 9,019

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 5th March 2013, 6:10pm) *
No, because I am not British. You don't offer snide "corrections" to back up your sock. Instead, you realize that socking is stupid and your harassment is stupid and cut it out.
Looks like Ottava thinks Jay is Poetlister. While it's not impossible -- it's quite unlikely, for reasons that I don't care to disclose. Lets just say the age of the account and certain actions of the user. I know Poetlister fairly well. Not him, my judgment.
Actually, you fell into a trap and admitted that the term actually means a color and not "damned" or whatever silly notion you tried to push on your sock account.
Only Ottava could keep a straight face through this insanity. Ruddy has a number of meanings, and in context, it meant the same as "bloody," or "damned," for which it is a common euphemism. And of course there is another usage, as in ruddy complexion. Reddish. Certainly not "brown."

Of course, there may never have been a real Ottava Rima, only an elaborate troll.

Wikipedians might still read this, and anyone seeing Ottava argue here would realise that he hasn't recovered, he's crazier than ever. But maybe they need some more fodder for the cannons over there.

I had an occasion to look at some business on Wikipedia, and started looking at histories and contributions and sock reports and, damn! it could have stolen the whole day if I hadn't caught myself.

Just saw, for the first time, King of Hearts. I wrote years ago that being blocked on Wikipedia was a promotion. Certainly it was an elevation.

G'night.

This post has been edited by Abd: Wed 6th March 2013, 1:58am
+Quote Post
Jay
post Wed 6th March 2013, 12:18pm
Post #32

Member No.: 13,123

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 5th March 2013, 11:10pm) *

No, because I am not British.

Do you not realise the difference between "they" and you?
You don't offer snide "corrections" to back up your sock.

That is true on both counts. I am never snide, and I have no socks. Thank you for your perceptive comment.
Actually, you fell into a trap and admitted that the term actually means a color and not "damned"

As others have pointed out, there are words in English that have more than one meaning; "ruddy" is one of these.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ruddy

I appreciate that you do not speak English very well.
+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Wed 6th March 2013, 10:58pm
Post #33

Londoner born and bred

Member No.: 71,989

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 5th March 2013, 11:10pm) *

What a shithead! laugh.gif He makes a ridiculous mistake because he can't speak English, so he comes up with a cock-eyed "explanation" that would never fool a five year old!
+Quote Post
The Joy
post Thu 7th March 2013, 3:00am
Post #34

QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 4th March 2013, 8:07pm) *

QUOTE(The Joy @ Mon 4th March 2013, 6:41am) *

There is only one person, and I stated you were he before.

Also, I proposed far harder restrictions than John did each time I sent in a ban appeal and got laughed at. ArbCom doesn't go for restrictions nor have they even attempted to put any together.

I still don't know what you know. You say I know what you know, but I don't know what you know. I say I don't know what you know, but you say I do know what you know, because I know that you know what you know. I still don't know what you know. You never said who you know me to be. confused.gif

According to http://www.translatebritish.com/index.php, the word "ruddy" means "fucking," in British slang. wtf.gif
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Thu 7th March 2013, 3:09am
Post #35

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Jay @ Wed 6th March 2013, 7:18am) *

Do you not realize that I do not care? The "realise" and similar mistakes is how you exposed yourself as Poetlister. You really need to try harder.

TheJoy

It isn't used by actual British people anymore. I can point out to many novelists from the UK that use it primarily as a color, because that is the primary meaning over there just as it is in the States.

And seriously, how do you not remember who I said you were? I would PM you to remind you, but there is only one person in that thread that you could match up. The person was a highly respected content editor and also a member of this forum.

This post has been edited by Ottava: Thu 7th March 2013, 3:11am
+Quote Post
SarekOfVulcan
post Thu 7th March 2013, 3:10am
Post #36

Member No.: 6,874

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 5th March 2013, 6:10pm) *

Gilbert's response to being told they meant the same thing was: "Not at all, for that would mean that if I said that I admired your ruddy countenance, which I do, I would be saying that I liked your bloody cheek, which I don't."
+Quote Post
The Joy
post Thu 7th March 2013, 3:34am
Post #37

QUOTE(Ottava @ Wed 6th March 2013, 10:09pm) *

TheJoy

It isn't used by actual British people anymore. I can point out to many novelists from the UK that use it primarily as a color, because that is the primary meaning over there just as it is in the States.

And seriously, how do you not remember who I said you were? I would PM you to remind you, but there is only one person in that thread that you could match up. The person was a highly respected content editor and also a member of this forum.

I've reinstated my PM settings. Why not? I have nothing else better to do.

You think I'm Iridescent (T-C-L-K-R-D) ? Didn't you claim once that I, therefore Iridescent, used IP socks? blink.gif
+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Thu 7th March 2013, 8:33pm
Post #38

Londoner born and bred

Member No.: 71,989

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Thu 7th March 2013, 3:09am) *

Do you not realize that I do not care?

He doean't care about the difference between a group of people he's never met and himself?!? As a shithead, he's beyond parody. laugh.gif
The "realise" and similar mistakes

Look, fuckwit. "Realise" is the majority spelling in Britain. Even a Yank would know that, so it's more proof if any were needed that you're not a Yank. Where are you really?
It isn't used by actual British people anymore. I can point out to many novelists from the UK that use it primarily as a color

And this dimwit is pretending to be a failed PhD student! The claim (which may be true) that many novelists don't use a word in a well-attested meaning doesn't prove that the meaning is obsolete. With logic like that, you wouldn't get into any British university.
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Fri 8th March 2013, 3:39am
Post #39

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(The Joy @ Wed 6th March 2013, 10:34pm) *

I've reinstated my PM settings. Why not? I have nothing else better to do.

You think I'm Iridescent (T-C-L-K-R-D) ? Didn't you claim once that I, therefore Iridescent, used IP socks? blink.gif

I wouldn't put it beyond Iridescent or you to post logged out during some of the most controversial things.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th 4 17, 5:09pm