Ottava
post Sat 16th March 2013, 10:53pm
Post #1

Über Pokemon

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 7,328

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

SlimVirgin makes an interesting response to Coren's proposal about observers.

"When the mailing list was last leaked, it was clear that a huge percentage of the committee's time was spent dealing with issues it was not elected to deal with, sometimes at great length. While that happened, cases stood unresolved for weeks or months with all the bad feeling that entails. So having independent observers, or clerks (but people truly independent and not scared to speak up) would have been very useful in reminding the committee to leave some of these issues to others."

Also, bonus mention of Floquenbeam sarcastically claiming that FT2 was "neutral, fair, professional, competent, project focused, and insightful". FT = sick.gif

This post has been edited by Ottava: Sat 16th March 2013, 10:55pm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jay
post Mon 18th March 2013, 12:21pm
Post #2

Member No.: 13,123

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sat 16th March 2013, 10:53pm) *

"When the mailing list was last leaked, it was clear that a huge percentage of the committee's time was spent dealing with issues it was not elected to deal with, sometimes at great length. While that happened, cases stood unresolved for weeks or months with all the bad feeling that entails. So having independent observers, or clerks (but people truly independent and not scared to speak up) would have been very useful in reminding the committee to leave some of these issues to others."

Also, bonus mention of Floquenbeam sarcastically claiming that FT2 was "neutral, fair, professional, competent, project focused, and insightful". FT = sick.gif
Please do not quote out of context. The sentence reads
The problem is that there are so few people as neutral, fair, professional, competent, project focused, and insightful as you were.

It is certainly true that very few people match that description. At least 99.99% of people are more neutral, etc. The question is: why is this a problem?

+Quote Post
Ottava
post Mon 18th March 2013, 10:36pm
Post #3

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Jay @ Mon 18th March 2013, 8:21am) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sat 16th March 2013, 10:53pm) *

Please do not quote out of context. The sentence reads
The problem is that there are so few people as neutral, fair, professional, competent, project focused, and insightful as you were.

It is certainly true that very few people match that description. At least 99.99% of people are more neutral, etc. The question is: why is this a problem?

Once again, you are dense. Floquenbeam was being sarcastic. Either you didn't read the statement from him to see that or you didn't read my statement to see that. Reading is essential.
+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Tue 19th March 2013, 8:59pm
Post #4

Londoner born and bred

Member No.: 71,989

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 18th March 2013, 10:36pm) *

Once again, you are dense. Floquenbeam was being sarcastic. Either you didn't read the statement from him to see that or you didn't read my statement to see that. Reading is essential.

Once again, you are dense. Jay was being sarcastic. Anyone who can read would have seen that. Reading is essential.

+Quote Post
Ottava
post Fri 22nd March 2013, 3:14am
Post #5

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Tue 19th March 2013, 4:59pm) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 18th March 2013, 10:36pm) *

Once again, you are dense. Jay was being sarcastic. Anyone who can read would have seen that. Reading is essential.

Asking "why this is a problem" removes the possibility that he was being sarcastic.
+Quote Post
Jay
post Fri 22nd March 2013, 12:35pm
Post #6

Member No.: 13,123

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 22nd March 2013, 3:14am) *

Asking "why this is a problem" removes the possibility that he was being sarcastic.

It seems that Ottava knows very little about sarcasm.
+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Fri 22nd March 2013, 10:17pm
Post #7

Londoner born and bred

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Jay @ Fri 22nd March 2013, 12:35pm) *

Also, by his selective out of context quote, he was ruining the subtlety of the joke. I expect that's because he didn't understand the joke.

+Quote Post
Ottava
post Sat 23rd March 2013, 12:46am
Post #8

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Jay @ Fri 22nd March 2013, 8:35am) *

You are an idiot. He did not mean that FT2 had any of those attributes. He was being sarcastic and mocking FT2 for not having those attributes. You didn't get it, and now you are hoping you can win with your sock.

+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Sat 23rd March 2013, 6:55am
Post #9

Londoner born and bred

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sat 23rd March 2013, 12:46am) *

You are an idiot. He did not mean that FT2 had any of those attributes. He was being sarcastic and mocking FT2 for not having those attributes. You didn't get it, and now you are hoping you can win with your sock.

Everyone but you knows that Jay isn't my ruddy sock, but let that pass. I think that your utter lack of comprehension of the Eglish language is bloody beautifully illustrated.

+Quote Post
Ottava
post Sat 23rd March 2013, 6:09pm
Post #10

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Sat 23rd March 2013, 2:55am) *

Everyone but you knows that Jay isn't my ruddy sock, but let that pass. I think that your utter lack of comprehension of the Eglish language is bloody beautifully illustrated.

I've never heard of the "Eglish language," so you can't blame me for not using it.
+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Sun 24th March 2013, 10:19am
Post #11

Londoner born and bred

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sat 23rd March 2013, 6:09pm) *

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Sat 23rd March 2013, 2:55am) *

I've never heard of the "Eglish language," so you can't blame me for not using it.

When you type utter incoherent gibberish, it's OK because you're the great and mighty Lord Ottava who is above mere mortal activities like making sense. OK, I made a typo. So what? The fact is that you are proven to be unable to understand English.
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Sun 24th March 2013, 2:12pm
Post #12

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Sun 24th March 2013, 6:19am) *

Blah blah blah I'm a hypocrite blah blah blah

bored.gif
+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Mon 25th March 2013, 9:00am
Post #13

Londoner born and bred

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sun 24th March 2013, 2:12pm) *

Blah blah blah I'm a hypocrite blah blah blah

bored.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th 9 17, 12:19pm