FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Jimmy Wales -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Jimmy Wales, will shill for timekeeping device
thekohser

Group: Regulars

This could be the beginning of a hilarious wave of Jimbo endorsements.

Bob Geldof, Jimmy Wales and Justin Rose: The Inspirational New Ambassadors for Swiss Watch Brand Maurice Lacroix

ZURICH, January 25 /PRNewswire/ --

- Cross Reference: Picture is Distributed via EPA (European Pressphoto Agency) and can be Downloaded Free of Charge at: http://www.presseportal.ch/de/pm/100005598/?langid=2

Maurice Lacroix has created an inspiring, meaningful and above all, authentic brand campaign: "Follow Your Convictions". With the help of their new world-renowned ambassadors Sir Bob Geldof, Jimmy Wales and Justin Rose, Maurice Lacroix are inspiring the world to be who they really are across a variety of media, from print and TV to online.

Just as Maurice Lacroix creates its award-winning designs and ingenious movements by hand, each world-famous ambassador was chosen because they too have never veered from their beliefs in their journey to success.

"You can't just say you're authentic or that you have substance," explains Sir Bob. "That won't wash. You've got to prove it. You've got to be it. In everything you do." And he should know. In his lifetime Sir Bob has been a music journalist, had a succession of international hit records with his punk band The Boomtown Rats, organised arguably the most successful global fundraising events of all time in LiveAid and Live8, created his own TV production company and is an accomplished businessman in his own right. "Let nobody tell you who you are."

Justin Rose is an extraordinary golfer who defied all odds by going pro at just 17 years old. "That decision was always controversial, but I don't care about controversy. I just believed in myself." And it paid off. In his career, Justin has won multiple titles and even made it to European no.1. Today, he is considered one of the most consistent competitors on the PGA Tour as well as finding time to be a devoted husband, father and charity worker.

Then there's Jimmy Wales, the incredible internet entrepreneur who founded Wikipedia. "I imagined a world where every single person on the planet was given free access to the sum of all human knowledge. Then I created it." Staying true to his convictions, Jimmy quickly turned Wikipedia into a non-profit foundation to ensure his dream of free knowledge for the world remained intact. Today, Wikipedia.org is one of the five most visited sites on the whole of the internet.

With these truly authentic and inspiring ambassadors beside them, Maurice Lacroix have the perfect partners to support their unique positioning in the marketplace.
As CEO Martin Bachmann concludes, "Our ambassadors achieved greatness without the need to compromise their principles. We at Maurice Lacroix share this incredible passion, as our innovative and pioneering watches prove, time after time."

Contact for press inquiries:

Maurice Lacroix S.A.
Katrin Roth, International PR Manager
Tel. +41(0)44-209-12-73
Email: katrin.roth@mauricelacroix.com

Free accessible database on: http://www.mauricelacroix.com

Oh, dear... shave your neck, Jimbo -- and help us clean up our vomit when you're talking about "authenticity"!

"If you try to pretend to be something you aren't, that shows through." -- Jimmy Wales, "Founder" of Wikipedia

This post has been edited by thekohser:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
thekohser   Jimmy Wales  
Jon Awbrey   [i]I don't look for trouble — I don...  
Milton Roe   This could be the beginning of a hilarious wave o...  
thekohser   Remember all the trouble Kato went to in order to ...  
GlassBeadGame   ...as a Randoid? Don't "entrepreneurs...  
Milton Roe   ...as a Randoid? Don't "entrepreneurs...  
A Horse With No Name   So what does Sanger get, a Timex from K-Mart? :(  
Milton Roe   So what does Sanger get, a Timex from K-Mart? :(...  
RDH(Ghost In The Machine)   So what does Sanger get, a Timex from K-Mart? :(...  
thekohser   The sound of Jimbo caught like a deer in the headl...  
thekohser   Wow, they are getting so RUDE and BOLD on Jimbo...  
carbuncle   It's really no one's business if Jimbo wan...  
dogbiscuit   Anyone want to take a guess as to whether or not ...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   The Maurice Lacroix advert is just asking to be ri...  
Abd   WikiWatch, the watch anyone can set.  
thekohser   According to Wikipedia: "The name 'Mauric...  
GlassBeadGame   According to Wikipedia: "The name 'Mauri...  
Achromatic   Jimbo, leading by example, shows us all that WP:A...  
thekohser   If I did an endorsement campaign where I was paid ...  
Milton Roe   If I did an endorsement campaign where I was paid...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   It's not a write-off if Jimbo donates all proc...  
carbuncle   The problem is, there are contradictory statement...  
GlassBeadGame   [quote name='Cock-up-over-conspira...  
Lar   The slightly nervous and uncomfortable are an imp...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   No disrespect intended to Jimbo, but in that littl...  
thekohser   If I did an endorsement campaign where I was pai...  
Lar   Maybe Lar slipped something in my Yards. It was ...  
Abd   If I did an endorsement campaign where I was paid ...  
A Horse With No Name   Ultimately, who want to buy a watch just because J...  
thekohser   Breaking news, from the horse's mouth... Half...  
EricBarbour   <<< :yecch:  
Milton Roe   <<< :yecch: A fashion model noted for...  
thekohser   Quality control is one of the hallmark attributes ...  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)