FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Majorly -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Majorly
tarantino

the Dude abides

Group: Regulars

Majorly has quietly faded away, (though I see he still checks in here once in a while).

Majorly@various
Please remove all user rights from meta, commons and simple English Wikipedia. --Majorly talk 01:41, 27 March 2010 (UTC)

Good for you, Alex!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

QUOTE(tarantino @ Sun 28th March 2010, 7:37pm) *

Majorly has quietly faded away, (though I see he still checks in here once in a while).

Majorly@various
Please remove all user rights from meta, commons and simple English Wikipedia. --Majorly talk 01:41, 27 March 2010 (UTC)

Good for you, Alex!

Good gravy, I almost had a heart attack! I thought you were announcing Majorly's death! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif)

I can imagine how Wikipedians would deal with it. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)

Majorly: "Everyone, I think I'm dyin-- ARRRGGH!"

Admin 1: "Majorly? You haven't edited in days. Are you dead?"

Admin 2: "I don't think he's dead. What kind of person edits 'ARRRGGH!' while they are dying?"

Admin 1: "Perhaps he was dictating?"

Admin 3: "If he was dictating, that means his account is not being run by him. It is compromised."

17:17, 27 March 2010 Admin 3 (talk | contribs) blocked Majorly (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked, cannot edit own talk page) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (compromised account, dead can't edit encyclopedia)

Admin 3: "Majorly, if you are alive, please contact ArbCom to confirm you've regained control of your account. If you are dead, please don't as it would scare the crap out of ArbCom."

:Everyking: "I don't see why the undead should be prevented from editing the wiki."

::Friday: "The dead and editors under 18 should not be editing Wikipedia as they lack maturity and souls."

:::Everyking: "You don't have to have a soul to edit Wikipedia."

(WR Thread regarding Everyking's comment breaks out with much hilarity)

IP: "Does anyone care that Majorly is dead?"

:Admin 3: "Please Assume Good Faith. Just because people don't mourn or speak respectfully of the dead does not mean we don't care. We really don't care, but it's inappropriate for you to assume bad faith that we don't."

::IP: "That's not very nice."

19:17, 27 March 2010 Admin 3 (talk | contribs) blocked IP (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked, cannot edit own talk page) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (personal attacks, assuming bad faith)

And that would be how Majorly and anyone would be mourned on Wikipedia. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(The Joy @ Sun 28th March 2010, 5:10pm) *

Good gravy, I almost had a heart attack! I thought you were announcing Majorly's death! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif)

I can imagine how Wikipedians would deal with it. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)

Admin 2: "I don't think he's dead. What kind of person edits 'ARRRGGH!' while they are dying?"

Admin 3: "If he was dictating, that means his account is not being run by him. It is compromised."

17:17, 27 March 2010 Admin 3 (talk | contribs) blocked Majorly (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked, cannot edit own talk page) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (compromised account, dead can't edit encyclopedia)

Admin 3: "Majorly, if you are alive, please contact ArbCom to confirm you've regained control of your account. If you are dead, please don't as it would scare the crap out of ArbCom."

:Everyking: "I don't see why the undead should be prevented from editing the wiki."

::Friday: "The dead and editors under 18 should not be editing Wikipedia as they lack maturity and souls."

:Admin 3: "Please Assume Good Faith. Just because people don't mourn or speak respectfully of the dead does not mean we don't care. We really don't care, but it's inappropriate for you to assume bad faith that we don't."

19:17, 27 March 2010 Admin 3 (talk | contribs) blocked IP (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked, cannot edit own talk page) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (personal attacks, assuming bad faith)

And that would be how Majorly and anyone would be mourned on Wikipedia. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

God, how funny, and true.

Institutional memory, how we love thee. Not. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)

Unlike the ants in Frost's poem, Wikipedia is not only departmental, but ungentle TOO. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
+Quote Post
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 30th March 2010, 2:44pm) *

QUOTE(The Joy @ Sun 28th March 2010, 5:10pm) *

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

God, how funny, and true.

Institutional memory, how we love thee. Not. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)

Unlike the ants in Frost's poem, Wikipedia is not only departmental, but ungentle TOO. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)

I remember when JzG's sister passed away, he created a memorial page for her. Some tried to have it deleted under "Wikipedia is NOT a memorial." They failed, but other memorials have been deleted as "not contributing to the encyclopedia." Yes, the goals and mission of any organization is important and nothing should impede it if it can be helped, but a memorial page in user space on the world's largest wiki hardly impedes the creation of a so-called encyclopedia. The mental and emotional welfare of workers and volunteers should be a top priority for any organization as doing so increases morale and work efficiency. It also acknowledges that the organization treats its members as human beings and recognizes the emotional, mental, and even spiritual aspects of all members. That means providing leeway in exceptional circumstances (i.e. family hardship, death, medical issues, etc.). Hardline Wikipedians do not seem to understand these concepts of empathy and sympathy. They are obsessed with following the rules to their current letter and act like pre-programmed machines unable to accept anomalies and exceptions that most people in the meat world accept as natural, necessary, and human. It really doesn't help that wikis lack the ability for people to display physical and social cues necessary to display appropriate reactions. Even still, more kindness could be given on Wikipedia.

I, for one, am so glad that Majorly is not dead.
+Quote Post
SarekOfVulcan

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 30th March 2010, 6:13pm) *

I remember when JzG's sister passed away, he created a memorial page for her. Some tried to have it deleted under "Wikipedia is NOT a memorial." They failed, but other memorials have been deleted as "not contributing to the encyclopedia."

And still other memorials have never been on WP in the first place....
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)