FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Global ban for Abd? -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

> Global ban for Abd?, Gotta stop that POV-pushing
Abd

Postmaster

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 9,019

JzG at AN, the usual

Some of the usual usual, but I'd noticed before that T. Canens knew the difference between a block and a ban, and he points it out. JzG will try to get a ban declared, that's his history. Not that it matters.

JzG, however, has been the long-term POV-pusher here, that's clear. EnergyNeutral was, indeed, my sock. Demonstrating how I'd edit if not for the ban. Middle-of-the-road, actually. JzG archived and collapsed a discussion that was started by others, in which I'd merely commented, as if it were mine. EnergyNeutral was cooperating with Brian Josephson, a Nobel laureate in physics. By comparison, JzG has a friend who is a scientist. And he's 100% convinced that he's right. (I.e., that what his friend told him years ago is The Truth, which it might even have been, but you have to have some background to understand the issues.) He thinks he's talking about me.

(EnergyNeutral was created for just what I wrote on the EN user page, because of what I saw happening at EnergyCatalyzer, which is either the biggest fraud ever to hit the field of cold fusion, or it's the real thing, and .... the real experts are saying, "Damn! We can't tell, this is either a huge fraud, or Rossi Has Done It." Lying was not involved.) EN "pushed" for reporting what is in reliable sources, only, and added highly skeptical material. Brian Josephson had been active there, that's how he became involved. Off-wiki, he's known as a supporter of cold fusion research, and so have at least two other Nobel laureates in physics....

Hut 8.5 points to the Wikiversity documentation. Why, thanks, Hut! I tried to point to that on-wiki and it was Revision Deleted. Leading to some, ah, consideration of the boundaries of revision deletion.... The last edit documented there was May 13, and very little has anything to do with ban evasion, but it's all block evasion. EnergyNeutral was ban evasion, almost totally editing in cold fusion.

How was EnergyNeutral identified? Topic interest. Any new editor who isn't pseudoskeptical in the cold fusion area arouses claims of ban evasion, since the road is littered with knowledgeable banned editors. Has Wikipedia ever considered that it's banning scientists and experts? (Most experts simply stay away, to be sure.)

If Wikipedia were sane, the "ban evasion" and "block evasion" would be considered as to the effect. But WP isn't sane. The early block evasion consisted entirely of self-reverted edits, so there was no necessity for further enforcement. But we all know that they don't think that way. It was when they turned to revision deletion and larger range blocks, making it less convenient to IP sock, that I turned to socking. I wonder. With some socks, I've not been so careful, with some, I very much doubt they could find them. EnergyNeutral was very obvious as a suspect, and I didn't take any care about OS and browser details, so Coren did not have to work hard.

Rdfox 76 suggests a global ban, based on alleged "POV-pushing." That's interesting. WTF is Rdfox 76 (T-C-L-K-R-D) ? From the user page, I get the distinct feeling that this guy isn't, er, collaborative. Guns.

Not only can someone be banned on Wikipedia for coming to positive conclusions about cold fusion (which is now a substantial minority position among scientists, possibly a majority opinion among subject matter experts, like the peer reviewers in journals), but we will attempt to make sure that it isn't even studied, as at Wikiversity.

My, my. JzG edits BLP on Brian Josephson. That had been discussed on Talk, and the removal had been suggested by Stanistani, I decided that it was poorly sourced, took it out, and 2over0, normally an editor who'd as soon see me vanished, agreed and praised the removal.

From my supposed POV-pushing, I'd have wanted it mentioned that Brian Josephson is friendly with cold fusion researchers, and, of course, I know it to be a fact, because I know the field and am in close contact with the scientists, including face-to-face contact with some, and, I expect, more coming. I'm having fun, except when I get tempted to look back at Wikipedia.... Someone may notice JzG's restoration of improperly sourced BLP material....

This post has been edited by Abd:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Abd   Global ban for Abd?  
Abd   And now Raul654, that flatulent luminary (do not s...  
tarantino   The Office decides on global bans? That's ne...  
The Joy   [quote name='Abd' post='276193' date='Sun 5th Jun...  
radek   [quote name='tarantino' post='276195' date='Sat 4...  
SB_Johnny   Meh. If they try to ban him from WV, I'll exh...  
Abd   Meh. If they try to ban him from WV, I'll exh...  
Ceoil   Can any threads started by Abd be automatically ta...  
thekohser   Can any threads started by Abd be automatically t...  
Abd   Meanwhile, that poetlister ban thread on Foundatio...  
Somey   There was no identity theft; identity theft is a s...  
thekohser   I would call what Poetlister did "wrongful im...  
Abd   I would call what Poetlister did "wrongful im...  
Abd   This response to a site ban proposal shows how it...  
Doc glasgow   Is it just me, or does ANYONE read an Abd post aft...  
lilburne   Is it just me, or does ANYONE read an Abd post af...  
Abd   Is it just me, or does ANYONE read an Abd post aft...  
Gruntled   Is it just me, or does ANYONE read an Abd post af...  
Abd   Is it just me, or does ANYONE read an Abd post aft...  
Peter Damian   Is it just me, or does ANYONE read an Abd post af...  
Abd   (edited, to add more comments from the discussion)...  
thekohser   ...Wikipedia process, to be functional, requires ...  
Zoloft   ...Wikipedia process, to be functional, requires...  
Abd   [quote name='Abd' post='276575' date='Thu 9th June...  
Zoloft   I read Abd's posts, but then again I read at 2...  
Abd   I read Abd's posts, but then again I read at 2...  
SB_Johnny   I read Abd's posts, but then again I read at ...  
Abd   I read Abd's posts, but then again I read at 2...  
Abd   Yay! At least someone is saying it! The p...  
Abd   related: Wikipedia:Miscellany_for_deletion/Abd_use...  
Abd   Geez, I'm on a roll: There was canvassing in t...  
Silver seren   Two more now, so yes, you're on a "roll...  
Abd   Two more now, so yes, you're on a "roll...  
Milton Roe   And then Enric Naval shows up. I was wondering wh...  
Silver seren   But the navel is one of the best parts to lick. :...  
Milton Roe   But the navel is one of the best parts to lick. ...  
Abd   Something very unexpected happened today. I'd ...  
Abd   Once upon a time, Enric Naval started a community ...  
Abd   Well, there is some technical error here, but Enri...  
Malleus   And these are the people who run free, "resp...  
Abd   This is just plain too long, and I don't have ...  
Abd   AN discussion closed with community ban of Abd. No...  
The Joy   I count 39 editors voting. How is that "comm...  
Abd   I count 39 editors voting. How is that "comm...  
SB_Johnny   The process makes no difference whatever in my be...  
Abd   [quote name='Abd' post='277022' date='Wed 15th Jun...  
Wikifan   why were you banned again?  
Abd   why were you banned again?Not "again." T...  
EricBarbour   I will say this: during this "process" o...  
Abd   I will say this: during this "process" o...  
Milton Roe   I will say this: during this "process" ...  
Abd   [quote name='Abd' post='277111' date='Thu 16th Jun...  
Wikifan   Okay, maybe I should clarify. You aren't cry...  
Abd   Okay, maybe I should clarify. You aren't cryin...  
thekohser   In the end, some editors did save some of the fil...  
Abd   [quote name='Abd' post='277161' date='Fri 17th Jun...  
Wikifan   67?? Geez. Go on a vacation or something. For a ...  
Jay   Is there an update on this?  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)