FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
banned means banned -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> General Discussion? What's that all about?

This subforum is for general discussion of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. For a glossary of terms frequently used in such discussions, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary. For a glossary of musical terms, see here. Other useful links:

Akahele.orgWikipedia-WatchWikitruthWP:ANWikiEN-L/Foundation-L (mailing lists) • Citizendium forums

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> banned means banned, Don't they understand how sick they really are?
mbz1

Group: Contributors

A few days ago I told my friend that, when a user is banned from wikipedia, his user page is replaced with banned user template. She looked at me, and asked "why?" I was not able to explain to her "why" because a normal person will never be able to understand it anyway.

Even before I was banned, I observed how a "little shit" Daedalus969 (T-C-L-K-R-D) and other "little shits" were doing this, but today a sitting arbitrator AGK (T-C-L-K-R-D) did it too:
"banned means banned; barnstars, and his actual userpage, are in the history"
Why, AGK, did you do it? What is wrong, if below the banned user template there would be barnstars? What are you afraid of? Don't you understand how sick it looks to normal people?

And suddenly I realized that "the banned user template" is the only thing I'd like to be associated with me in the insane asylum that calls "wikipedia" http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?titl...0&oldid=3513926.

This post has been edited by mbz1:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Heat

Tenured

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 27th February 2012, 6:35pm) *

A few days ago I told my friend that, when a user is banned from wikipedia, his user page is replaced with banned user template. She looked at me, and asked "why?" I was not able to explain to her "why" because a normal person will never be able to understand it anyway.

Because to a great extent banning people is a game of whack-a-mole and the banned template is either a trophy for the banner or his/her way of branding the banee as his/her chattel.
+Quote Post
Emperor

Postmaster

QUOTE(Heat @ Mon 27th February 2012, 1:47pm) *

Because to a great extent banning people is a game of whack-a-mole and the banned template is either a trophy for the banner or his/her way of branding the banee as his/her chattel.

That's a nice way to put it. I agree, it's really all about the banner feeling good about themselves.
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(Heat @ Mon 27th February 2012, 6:47pm) *

Well, yes, but why in the world that template could not be simply added to a current user page,with everything else that the user had there before is left alone. What is wrong with that?
+Quote Post
AGK

Member No.: 5,613

Even before I was banned, I observed how a "little shit" Daedalus969 (T-C-L-K-R-D) and other "little shits" were doing this, but today a sitting arbitrator AGK (T-C-L-K-R-D) did it too:
Why, AGK, did you do it? What is wrong, if below the banned user template there would be barnstars? What are you afraid of? Don't you understand how sick it looks to normal people?

And suddenly I realized that "the banned user template" is the only thing I'd like to be associated with me in the insane asylum that calls "wikipedia" http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?titl...0&oldid=3513926.

My objection in this case was to the use of an invented barnstar gallery. The banned template was not replaced or added above Will Beback's previous userpage.

I see you circumvented your English Wikipedia block by adding a message on my Meta talk page. Please stop using other Wikimedia websites to participate in Wikipedia, at least until you're willing to act in that project's benefit.

By the by, I may be a sitting arbitrator, but I was inactive on the TimidGuy case and I played no part in the decision-making process for the case.
+Quote Post
spp

Neophyte

QUOTE(AGK @ Mon 27th February 2012, 7:20pm) *

My objection in this case was to the use of an invented barnstar gallery. The banned template was not replaced or added above Will Beback's previous userpage.

I see you circumvented your English Wikipedia block by adding a message on my Meta talk page. Please stop using other Wikimedia websites to participate in Wikipedia, at least until you're willing to act in that project's benefit.

By the by, I may be a sitting arbitrator, but I was inactive on the TimidGuy case and I played no part in the decision-making process for the case.

Wait, how can one circumvent a block on one project by posting to another? Tons of users do that every day on other projects.
+Quote Post
mbz1

I assure you that I will use "other Wikimedia websites" as I am pleased. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
Although you still have a choice: You could block me globally as some sickos have already suggested. I will appreciate this action. Cheers.

+Quote Post
jd turk

The banned template and blanking of the user page should, in essence, end all on-wiki discussion of and from the banned user. Sure, there's something to the whole "trophy kill" aspect of it for the banner, but if you've screwed up badly enough to be actually banned, nothing should be going on at your talk page anyway. You appeal to Arbcom, or you go away. No more time lost for either party.

Mbz1's latest campaign of insanity has gotten her banned, her page should be blanked and marked as such. Leaving it open for people to come there and either talk about her photos or take shots at her doesn't help anyone. She's in the "crying out for attention" stage of the final flameout right now, the quicker she goes away permanently, the better it will actually be for her.
+Quote Post
lilburne

Chameleon

English isn't Mbz1's firsty language and I think that 'sitting' is a spelling mistake.
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(lilburne @ Mon 27th February 2012, 7:43pm) *

English isn't Mbz1's firsty language and I think that 'sitting' is a spelling mistake.

Thanks for catching it. What should it be?
+Quote Post
mbz1

And now, when you refused to grant my request, I "circumvented my English Wikipedia block" with this post:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?titl...0&oldid=3514357
But, why, oh why, AGK? I am banned, am I not? "Banned means banned", is it not? Are you refusing to do it because I deserve the honor less than Will BeBack (T-C-L-K-R-D) does :-) I simply cannot believe that admins get preferential treatment even in adding "banned user templates" to user pages :-) Cheers --[[User:Mbz1|Mbz1]] ([[User talk:Mbz1|talk]]) 19:54, 27 February 2012 (UTC)

+Quote Post
Emperor

Postmaster

Wait.

You added a message on his talk page?

What kind of person does that?
+Quote Post
AGK

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 27th February 2012, 6:58pm) *

Well, yes, but why in the world that template could not be simply added to a current user page,with everything else that the user had there before is left alone. What is wrong with that?

Sure, it could be - that strikes me as the most elegant, fair solution.
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(AGK @ Mon 27th February 2012, 1:20pm) *

I actually hate that practice of putting those templates on user's pages. It is very unsavory. And in some cases (not nec this one) the glee with which people jump to slap it up there is plain ol' disgusting.

Anyway, can someone explain to me what is up with the "For working around the clock to defend fascism and synarchism, I hereby award you the "rabid dog beast-man Barnstar." Keep up the bestial work. " barn-star from Cognition? Was that someone trolling Will?
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(AGK @ Mon 27th February 2012, 8:02pm) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 27th February 2012, 6:58pm) *

Sure, it could be - that strikes me as the most elegant, fair solution.

It does? Then why did you do this http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=479093896 ?

I am not sure about barnstar gallery added after he was banned, maybe he does not want these himself, but how about using his old page http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=474717749 (only remove "administrator" things, and add the template)?

BTW, AGK, I'd like to ask you please, how you got to this thread so quickly? Were you emailed about it? I am asking because a few months ago I made a comment about another arbitrator here on WR. Then I got a quite innocent email from him. He told me he was emailed about my post, and asked me to email him, if I am to post something about him ever again. Would you like me to email to you too? Oh, wait, I forgot you told me "never email to you again" (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
AGK

QUOTE(Emperor @ Mon 27th February 2012, 8:02pm) *

Wait.

Not the whole story. Mbz1 e-mails me and the committee's various mailing lists more frequently than probably any other editor, and all about basically the same issue. My annoyance at seeing yet another venue - my meta talk page, which I never use - being used for her agenda is not as misplaced as it may seem.
+Quote Post
AGK

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 27th February 2012, 8:14pm) *

I am not sure about barnstar gallery added after he was banned, maybe he does not want these himself, but how about using his old page http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=474717749 (only remove "administrator" things, and add the template)?

BTW, AGK, I'd like to ask you please, how you got to this thread so quickly? Were you emailed about it? I am asking because a few months ago I made a comment about another arbitrator here on WR. Then I got a quite innocent email from him. He told me he was emailed about my post, and asked me to email him, if I am to post something about him ever again. Would you like me to email to you too? Oh, wait, I forgot you told me "never email to you again" (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

I have already said I have no issue with his userpage.

Good grief, please don't e-mail me too (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(AGK @ Mon 27th February 2012, 8:24pm) *

Wait.

Not the whole story. Mbz1 e-mails me and the committee's various mailing lists more frequently than probably any other editor, and all about basically the same issue. My annoyance at seeing yet another venue - my meta talk page, which I never use - being used for her agenda is not as misplaced as it may seem.

Publish all my emails, and all you responses! Publish emails members of govcom exchanged about me. Publish them either here or on wiki. Publish everything.
I have nothing to hide, do you? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif) And, if you do not want to publish it, then shut up.

QUOTE(AGK @ Mon 27th February 2012, 8:28pm) *

You did not respond my question, which was "how did you find out about the thread"?

+Quote Post
Wikifan

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 27th February 2012, 8:37pm) *

QUOTE(AGK @ Mon 27th February 2012, 8:24pm) *

Wait.

Publish all my emails, and all you responses! Publish emails members of govcom exchanged about me. Publish them either here or on wiki. Publish everything.
I have nothing to hide, do you? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)

QUOTE(AGK @ Mon 27th February 2012, 8:28pm) *

You did not respond my question, which was "how did you find out about the thread"?

most admins involving in the enforcement process browse review. most won't come out unless they're called out but even then it is unlikely. thread already has 200 views and it's less than a day old. probably be 1,000 by friday.

people hate you mbz1.

+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Wikifan @ Mon 27th February 2012, 3:52pm) *
people hate you mbz1.

I feel a sad sort of pity, in a Dunning-Kruger kinda way.

+Quote Post
mbz1

Does it change anything?

+Quote Post
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

You haven't answered his question. His question wasn't why in this particular case. The question is why you engage in this barbaric practice in general. I'm tempted to say 'medieval' but medieval society was somewhat more civilised than Wikipedia, so I won't.

This post has been edited by Peter Damian:
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Mon 27th February 2012, 9:10pm) *

You haven't answered his question. His question wasn't why in this particular case. The question is why you engage in this barbaric practice in general. I'm tempted to say 'medieval' but medieval society was somewhat more civilised than Wikipedia, so I won't.

It is a punishment by shame, something like this:

(IMG:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/48/No_hubo_remedio.jpg/434px-No_hubo_remedio.jpg)
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 27th February 2012, 9:31pm) *

As though not just the one enacting the ban, but everyone in the community must participate in the shaming of the one cast out, the common participation in his or her public humiliation justifying their action and cementing their self-solidarity.

I think this has all been said before many time by sociologists, historians, anthropologists etc.
+Quote Post
lilburne

Chameleon

Has any one danced around WBB's latest talk page comments and striking them out?

+Quote Post
jd turk

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 27th February 2012, 3:31pm) *

It is a punishment by shame...

I just don't see where the shame is, especially with someone like Mbz1 who claims to take so much pleasure and personal pride in being banned from Wikipedia.

Everyone who is banned has been so for long-term disagreements. No actual contributor gets banned straight off, there's a pattern there of conflict over a sustained period of time. If a user is determined to stick to their guns and fight for what they consider to be correct, they do so while realizing that the truth doesn't always win out, especially in a social network like Wikipedia.

No shame involved with it, you just wind up winning back your free time.
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(lilburne @ Mon 27th February 2012, 9:38pm) *

Has any one danced around WBB's latest talk page comments and striking them out?

I do not think so. BTW Will got a special barnstar :-)
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Mon 27th February 2012, 9:34pm) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 27th February 2012, 9:31pm) *

As though not just the one enacting the ban, but everyone in the community must participate in the shaming of the one cast out, the common participation in his or her public humiliation justifying their action and cementing their self-solidarity.

That's it. Thanks, Peter!
+Quote Post
Malik Shabazz

Member No.: 25,765

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 27th February 2012, 4:02pm) *

QUOTE(Wikifan @ Mon 27th February 2012, 8:52pm) *

people hate you mbz1.

why almost every time you open your mouth, you say something stupid?

Will somebody get these two a room?
+Quote Post
lonza leggiera

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 28th February 2012, 6:51am) *

QUOTE(lilburne @ Mon 27th February 2012, 7:43pm) *

Thanks for catching it. What should it be?

I think this is a subtle joke on Lilburne's part. I believe he's suggesting that you might've omitted a 'h'.
+Quote Post
iii

QUOTE(AGK @ Mon 27th February 2012, 2:20pm) *

Listen here, you sanctimonious little fuck: Who the flying fuck do you think you are telling another human being you've never met how they are or are not willing to act? Here, let me try to divine how you're "willing to act":

You have no empathy for human beings and generally have a hard time interacting with them in the real world so you are "willing to act" as an arrogant piece of shit proclaiming with certainty and idiotic self-assurance what the motivations are of any and all doubleplusungood nonpersons that you come across. Beyond your basement dwelling jack-off sessions playing Wikipedia, you have nothing to live for, and that causes you intense anxiety and an extreme "will to act" as a self-appointed guardian of the cult of which you're so happy to be a part. You're "willing to act" like a total schmuck because you think that your hard-fought attrition into some obscure cadre called the "Arbitration Committee" gives you a great responsibility as some Great Person on a popular internet site.

Well, you know what? You're nothing.

FUCK YOU.

If any member of the human race wants to use the perfectly legal means of fucking with Wikipedia because that website keeps more open doors and security holes in place than almost anywhere else of the world wide web, I encourage them to do so, if only to waste more of your miserable life's time so that we can ensure you'll stay locked in your basement and won't interact with the real world.
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(iii @ Mon 27th February 2012, 11:14pm) *

Listen here, you sanctimonious little fuck: Who the flying fuck do you think... (extended diatribe redacted)

Mmmmm, I'm sensing some anger management issues here.
+Quote Post
jayvdb

Member No.: 1,039

QUOTE(radek @ Mon 27th February 2012, 8:07pm) *

I actually hate that practice of putting those templates on user's pages. It is very unsavory. And in some cases (not nec this one) the glee with which people jump to slap it up there is plain ol' disgusting.

I think a note at the top of the userpage is useful, but the notice could be a lot less aggressive than it currently is, and their previous webpage doesnt need to be removed in the process. Discussion about this has erupted at Wikipedia_talk:BAN#User_pages.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

QUOTE(iii @ Mon 27th February 2012, 6:14pm) *

Listen here, you sanctimonious little fuck: Who the flying fuck do you think you are telling another human being you've never met how they are or are not willing to act? Here, let me try to divine how you're "willing to act":

You have no empathy for human beings and generally have a hard time interacting with them in the real world so you are "willing to act" as an arrogant piece of shit proclaiming with certainty and idiotic self-assurance what the motivations are of any and all doubleplusungood nonpersons that you come across. Beyond your basement dwelling jack-off sessions playing Wikipedia, you have nothing to live for, and that causes you intense anxiety and an extreme "will to act" as a self-appointed guardian of the cult of which you're so happy to be a part. You're "willing to act" like a total schmuck because you think that your hard-fought attrition into some obscure cadre called the "Arbitration Committee" gives you a great responsibility as some Great Person on a popular internet site.

FUCK YOU.

If any member of the human race wants to use the perfectly legal means of fucking with Wikipedia because that website keeps more open doors and security holes in place than almost anywhere else of the world wide web, I encourage them to do so, if only to waste more of your miserable life's time so that we can ensure you'll stay locked in your basement and won't interact with the real world.

Wow. Welcome back to WR, Mr. AGK! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE(RMHED @ Mon 27th February 2012, 6:19pm) *
Mmmmm, I'm sensing some anger management issues here.

Ya think???
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

FUCK YOU.

I encourage such people to slit their wrists and save us from having to listen to their pedantic emo retardation. I will also point out that most movies with wrist-slitting do it completely wrong by showing the wound going across the wrist, when in reality you need to go up and down (i.e. inner-elbow-to-wrist) to get the preferred (i.e. dead) good result.

I am no fan of Wikipedia governance, but sometimes they do get it right; Mbz's ban was in all ways, shapes and forms correct.

This is a pathetic wastrel who in another time and place would've been shipped off to the gulag without a second thought.

This post has been edited by Tarc:
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 28th February 2012, 12:43am) *

FUCK YOU.

I encourage such people to slit their wrists and save us from having to listen to their pedantic emo retardation. I will also point out that most movies with wrist-slitting do it completely wrong by showing the wound going across the wrist, when in reality you need to go up and down (i.e. inner-elbow-to-wrist) to get the preferred (i.e. dead) good result.

I am no fan of Wikipedia governance, but sometimes they do get it right; Mbz's ban was in all ways, shapes and forms correct.

This is a pathetic wastrel who in another time and place would've been shipped off to the gulag without a second thought.

I have a premonition that your children too will grow up to become "pathetic wastrels", with you as their father it really is inevitable.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

FUCK YOU.

Hear hear. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

Although I might point out that Young Mr. Kelly is such an arrogant little twat, any criticism of him or
his methods or actions is a waste of breath/typing. People have tried--nothing gets thru.
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(RMHED @ Mon 27th February 2012, 8:05pm) *
I have a premonition that your children too will grow up to become "pathetic wastrels", with you as their father it really is inevitable.

Ahh, the non sequitur, what the weak mind falls back when it has no other recourse.
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 28th February 2012, 1:16am) *

QUOTE(RMHED @ Mon 27th February 2012, 8:05pm) *

Ahh, the non sequitur, what the weak mind falls back when it has no other recourse.

Quite so. I'm an arse.
+Quote Post
Cedric

General Gato

Member No.: 1,116

QUOTE(Tarc @ Mon 27th February 2012, 6:43pm) *

FUCK YOU.

That's our reporter Trolli Trollerson with his "View From Under The Bridge." Thank you, Trolli, and now back to the studio . . . .
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)