FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Oh my god! Ryulong is Danny's son or maybe even Danny! -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oh my god! Ryulong is Danny's son or maybe even Danny!
How strong is the relation between Ryulong and Danny?
How strong is the relation between Ryulong and Danny?
Sheer coincidence [ 16 ] ** [66.67%]
Strong association. Such as living together, family, lovers, best friends forever, or something. [ 5 ] ** [20.83%]
They are the same person [ 3 ] ** [12.50%]
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
LamontStormstar

Postmaster

Group: Regulars

In one thread a ways back I speculated on Ryulong being the son of Jayjg and SlimVirgin.

In yet another thread somwhere someone else said that Ryulong obviously is a sock puppet of another administrator. I asked some questions and yada yada, nothing came of it.

I'll get right down to it.

Danny and Ryulong both moved from Brooklyn, New York to Florida.

See their IPs
http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/cgi-bin/girc.cgi?Na=Ryulong
http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/cgi-bin/girc.cgi?Na=Danny

Also old versions of Ryulong's userpage said he was from Brooklyn. It may still say it somewhere. Even if he deletes it, there are lots of mirrors. Danny's userpage says he moved from somewhere to Florida.

Wikipedia watch has:

Danny
administrator
Jimbo's executive assistant
(resigned 2007-03-20)
Danny Wool
St.Petersburg, Florida, USA
born:1963-09-07
formerly lived in Brooklyn, where he worked
for the Museum of Jewish Heritage in New York

Another similarity.

Ryulong's last adminship had too low a percentage for him to be nominated, but Raul made him admin despite this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...nship/Ryulong_3

Danny, despite resigning, ran for adminship again and then despite losing, Raul made him admin anyway.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_tal...ly_unacceptable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_tal...Dan.27s_conduct

Here's the kicker.....

August 2, Ryulong deleted my userpage purely because he saw me posting on Wikipedia Review. Majorly then restored it August 24th. September 14th, Ryulong came and deleted it. A MERE FOUR MINUTES LATER, Danny came and deleted my talk page. I thought at the time someone emailed a bunch of admins, but it turns out that's not the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...LamontStormstar
01:57, 14 September 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) deleted "User:LamontStormstar" ? (User's only edit to this page was to add {{wikibreak}} and the user has made absolutely no contributions elsewhere. Wikipedia is not a free webhost.)
18:20, 24 August 2007 Majorly (Talk | contribs) restored "User:LamontStormstar" ? (3 revision(s) restored: must have been a mistaken delete on Ryulong's part. Restoring.)
08:02, 2 August 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) deleted "User:LamontStormstar" ? (User has not edited Wikipedia in a year; WP:NOT#WEBSPACE)

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...LamontStormstar
02:01, 14 September 2007 Danny (Talk | contribs) deleted "User talk:LamontStormstar" ? (content was: ''''Welcome!'''Hello, {{BASEPAGENAME}}, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like ...')

The evidence here points to Ryulong being the same person as Danny, however Danny is 44 years old right now. And yet, Ryulong has a huge fascination with Japanese children's TV shows--not stuff when Danny was a kid that he may be nostalogic about but children's shows for a person born in 1990 and later. So unless Ryulong is his son, then Danny at age 44 has a huge obsession with lots of children's TV shows and that is TRULY DISTURBING.

This post has been edited by LamontStormstar:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
everyking

Postmaster

This is very weak. The only piece of evidence that strikes me as possibly meaningful is the page deletions, four minutes apart, but most likely it came up on IRC or in some backchannel way like that (does Danny hang out in IRC?). Why would he be using different accounts to do the same basic thing in such a brief span of time?
+Quote Post
jorge

Postmaster

Group: On Vacation

Danny is gay.
+Quote Post
LamontStormstar

Postmaster

I also forgot some things. Ryulong and Danny both identify as Jewish.

Also, what's interesting is Jayjg

Jayjg
aka Jay
administrator
checkuser, oversight
former arbitrator John Doe #22
New York or Canada
works in management

Jayjg and Danny both are middle aged, had all the full powers at Wikipedia, lived in New York, and had some deep involvement in a Jewish group. Danny with Museum of Jewish Heritage and Jayjg I'm not sure other than Hasbara fellowships. I wonder if Danny worked in management at that Museum?

As for deleting my userpage again, Ryulong was wheel warring with Majorly. So a different admin account deleting the talk page would basically discourage Majorly or others from restoring it and so far it has.

QUOTE(jorge @ Mon 1st October 2007, 2:45am) *

Danny is gay.

Has he stated this?
+Quote Post
jorge

Postmaster

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Mon 1st October 2007, 10:46am) *

Jayjg and Danny both are middle aged, had all the full powers at Wikipedia, lived in New York, and had some deep involvement in a Jewish group. Danny with Museum of Jewish Heritage and Jayjg I'm not sure other than Hasbara fellowships. I wonder if Danny worked in management at that Museum?

Danny Wool was in charge of education at the museum. Now he is educating the whole WORLD.

Danny is gay.

Has he stated this?

Yes.
+Quote Post
LamontStormstar

Postmaster

QUOTE(jorge @ Mon 1st October 2007, 2:55am) *

Danny is gay.

Has he stated this?

Yes.

When I put the word "lovers" in the poll, I just wanted to cover all scenarios in the second choice, not to imply anything. I was worried about putting it there so I tried to make it stand out less. But now I am glad I have it there.

This post has been edited by LamontStormstar:
+Quote Post
jorge

Postmaster

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Mon 1st October 2007, 10:58am) *

When I put the word "lovers" in the poll, I just wanted to cover all scenarios in the second choice, not to imply anything. I was worried about putting it there so I tried to make it stand out less. But now I am glad I have it there.

If Danny did have a partner I'd say it is likely they would be editing Wikipedia. Whether they would be editing Wikipedia articles on Manga cartoons I know not.
+Quote Post
guy

Postmaster General

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 23

Do we know definitely that Ryulong is male?
+Quote Post
badlydrawnjeff

Writing four featured articles made me a danger to the project.

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 1,007

then Danny at age 44 has a huge obsession with lots of children's TV shows and that is TRULY DISTURBING.

And what's disturbing about this, pray tell?

Come on, seriously.
+Quote Post
jorge

Postmaster

QUOTE(badlydrawnjeff @ Mon 1st October 2007, 12:43pm) *

then Danny at age 44 has a huge obsession with lots of children's TV shows and that is TRULY DISTURBING.

Come on, seriously.

So you you think that Danny might be Ryulong?

EDIT: Ryu Long was a character in the 2001 martial arts film Koroshiya 1 aka Ichi the Killer
+Quote Post
everyking

Postmaster

QUOTE(badlydrawnjeff @ Mon 1st October 2007, 12:43pm) *

Come on, seriously.

It's like you and "The Turk". You're almost 200 years too young to be interested in that thing, and frankly, I find it disturbing.
+Quote Post
Alex

Back from the dead

Seriously Lamont, what crap is this??? They both edit way too much to be the same person - both have more than 30k edits I believe. They both IRC at the same time, and Danny would have done so at work, when he was working for Wikimedia. Would have looked slightly odd if he was using two IRC clients at the same time, don't you think? It's all just coincidences.
+Quote Post
guy

Postmaster General

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 23

QUOTE(Alex @ Mon 1st October 2007, 1:39pm) *

It's all just coincidences.

Basically, they're just two people living in the USA in a similar way.
+Quote Post
Jonny Cache

τα δε μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

QUOTE(Alex @ Mon 1st October 2007, 8:39am) *

Seriously Lamont, what crap is this??? They both edit way too much to be the same person — both have more than 30k edits I believe. They both IRC at the same time, and Danny would have done so at work, when he was working for Wikimedia. Would have looked slightly odd if he was using two IRC clients at the same time, don't you think? It's all just coincidences.

Hey! I'm convinced!

We already discussed the DragGoon² RowBot a bunch on the thread about WP:DENY, where it Outted Itself as being — ¤ gasp ¤ — A BUNNY !!!

As I noted in this post, that puts our Knight of the Lepus somewhere in the sequence of ages: 8, 20, 32, 44, 56, 68, 80, 92, 104, etc.

As far as the edit count thing goes, Bunny Numero Uno has in xcess of 100K edits, but a quick scan will show that 98% of them are simple reverts of other people's edits. It's the sort of thng it could do left-handed — well, nevermind. And I think that DennyColt already showed us what can be done with semi-automatic weapons of mass destruction.

Jonny (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/cool.gif)

This post has been edited by Jonny Cache:
+Quote Post
Krimpet

Member No.: 1,975

Ryulong/Danny would have to cover a lot of ground each day between Miami and St. Petersburg, considering the two cities are almost 300 miles away from each other and all -- maybe he's got a Tyler Durden split-personality thing going on?
+Quote Post
Nya

Also, Ryulong is apparently from Long Island, not Brooklyn, at least according to his old userboxes. They haven't been disappeared yet, but maybe they will after this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=100813433
+Quote Post
jorge

Postmaster

Ryolong clearly seems to be a sock of somebody as they were far too familiar with Wikipedia on their first edits. I'd guess whoever it is set up that account as they thought whichever their other account is might be discredited/mocked if people knew of their interest/obsession with Power rangers.
+Quote Post
blissyu2

the wookie

Member No.: 5

Before we do a poll on something like this, we need to discuss it and try to sort through the evidence, I think.

For what its worth, I like lots of quality "kids" shows. Of course, I don't consider them to be kids. Cartoons for example. I watch The Simpsons, South Park, sometimes Kim Possible, Naruto, and a bunch of other stuff. Well, not so much now that I don't have the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon anymore, but yeah. Of course I don't watch Sesame Street anymore (at least not unless I'm babysitting - I still consider that to be quality) and I would never ever watch fucking lambchops playalong or Barney the crap dinosaur or any of those really mind numbingly awful ones.
+Quote Post
Jonny Cache

τα δε μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Mon 1st October 2007, 10:07am) *

Before we do a poll on something like this, we need to discuss it and try to sort through the evidence, I think.

For what its worth, I like lots of quality "kids" shows. Of course, I don't consider them to be kids. Cartoons for example. I watch The Simpsons, South Park, sometimes Kim Possible, Naruto, and a bunch of other stuff. Well, not so much now that I don't have the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon anymore, but yeah. Of course I don't watch Sesame Street anymore (at least not unless I'm babysitting — I still consider that to be quality) and I would never ever watch fucking lambchops playalong or Barney the crap dinosaur or any of those really mind numbingly awful ones.

Yes, as usual, a poll is a pretty lame way to incite a discussion, but now that we're all incited …

The thing that's really at issue here is not one person's peculiar hobby — who really gives a flying filly? — and we wouldn't care a whit if they didn't ride their hobby horse all over everyone else's farms and gardens.

But that's just what they do, and they do it with the kind of FlyLord RoninBot SakéCrazed Samurai Knight Fever Mindlessness that might be the Tao Of Online Gamers, but that is wholly toxic to the project of writing an encyclopedia for the knowledge-seeking, not coup-counting public.

The supreme irony is that we can literally extract a general principle from Hao Rong Ryu's own dicta that would solve the problem of keeping these Terrible Tots from constantly tearing everyone else's hair out, as discussed here.

This post has been edited by Jonny Cache:
+Quote Post
jorge

Postmaster

QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Mon 1st October 2007, 3:07pm) *

For what its worth, I like lots of quality "kids" shows. Of course, I don't consider them to be kids. Cartoons for example. I watch The Simpsons, South Park, sometimes Kim Possible, Naruto, and a bunch of other stuff. Well, not so much now that I don't have the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon anymore, but yeah. Of course I don't watch Sesame Street anymore (at least not unless I'm babysitting - I still consider that to be quality) and I would never ever watch fucking lambchops playalong or Barney the crap dinosaur or any of those really mind numbingly awful ones.

Isn't there a kids programme in Australia that is really famous? I can't remember what it is though. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sad.gif)

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 1st October 2007, 3:34pm) *

The thing that's really at issue here is not one person's peculiar hobby — who really gives a flying filly? — and we wouldn't care a whit if they didn't ride their hobby horse all over everyone else's farms and gardens.

The question is, has Ryulong committed the ultrimate wiki crime- being in possession of two administrator accounts simultaneously?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)