FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
I case you need to take a dump in that fair city -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This subforum is for critical evaluation of Wikipedia articles. However, to reduce topic-bloat, please make note of exceptionally poor stubs, lists, and other less attention-worthy material in the Miscellaneous Grab Bag thread. Also, please be aware that agents of the Wikimedia Foundation might use your evaluations to improve the articles in question.

Useful Links: Featured Article CandidatesFeatured Article ReviewArticles for DeletionDeletion Review

> I case you need to take a dump in that fair city
papaya

Group: Contributors

Everything you need to know about Public restrooms in Bratislava.

And it's sourced...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Mister Die

Group: Contributors

"Public toilets were separated by sex, entrances being guarded by notoriously ill-tempered restroom ladies (Slovak: hajzelbaba)."

I call bias against Slovakian restroom ladies.
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(Mister Die @ Mon 6th February 2012, 10:27am) *

"Public toilets were separated by sex, entrances being guarded by notoriously ill-tempered restroom ladies (Slovak: hajzelbaba)."

I call bias against Slovakian restroom ladies.

I don't know if Slovak restrooms were anything like their Polish counterparts, but yes, it's true that there used to be (and still are) "notoriously ill-tempered restroom ladies" guarding those. BUT, in my experience and travels across Europe and North America, this is basically how it works:

Eastern Europe: you pay to pee but the public toilets are at least half way clean.
France: you don't have to pay to pee but the public toilets are disgusting
Germany: you don't have to pay to pee and the public toilets are immaculately clean
Italy: you pay to pee and the public toilets are disgusting
UK: you don't have to pay to pee but the public toilets are usually locked up, making the point moot.
US: What are "public toilets" anyway? Gas stations?
Mexico: Like Eastern Europe except the pipes break if you flush toilet paper down the toilet.

I remember back in the day, the bad ol' communist day, as a kid, trawling the neighborhood with friends and collecting trash-paper from trash cans, which could then be turned into specially designated "recycling centers" for toilet paper. Because you couldn't buy toilet paper in stores - there was a shortage and/or it was rationed. Honestly.

Edit: Austria and Switzerland: whether you pay to pee or whether they're clean or not, the public toilets is where the junkies hang out.

This post has been edited by radek:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)