> SlimVirgin socking (Part 1)
It's the blimp, Frank
post Wed 27th July 2011, 1:29am
Post #21

Über Member

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 82

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 26th July 2011, 6:50pm) *

Then, a very precious little letter by SlimVirgin directly to Jimbo, batting her eyes and playing innocent:

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 19:39:15 -0500
Subject: [Arbcom-l] [Fwd: The Skinny on SlimVirgin's abusive
sockpuppetry]

Jimbo, I don't read WordBomb's website and I've stopped reading
Wikipedia Review because I find it very upsetting. I've also asked my
wikifriends not to tell me if those sites are saying anything about
me, so I have no idea what you're talking about, and I don't want to
have to pour through their nonsense to find out.

Would you please tell me what *your* exact concerns are? Not theirs,
but yours. I'm certainly willing to "come clean" as you put it,
because I haven't done anything I need to hide from you.

Translation: "See, I'm showing you my belly, like dog in submission. It's all very complicated and I would have to pour through a lot of NONSENSE to even find out what it means. So I'd like YOU to pour through the nonsense and see if you can extract something about me that you don't like!" rolleyes.gif

There's also the implication that nothing happened in reality, only at the Wikipedia Review.

I guess it's time to update my web page. BTW, the use of the word "pour" in place of "pore" demonstrates that SV is illiterate.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Wed 27th July 2011, 2:19am
Post #22

Known alias of J. Random Troll

Member No.: 5,156

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Tue 26th July 2011, 6:29pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 26th July 2011, 6:50pm) *

Then, a very precious little letter by SlimVirgin directly to Jimbo, batting her eyes and playing innocent:

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 19:39:15 -0500
Subject: [Arbcom-l] [Fwd: The Skinny on SlimVirgin's abusive
sockpuppetry]

Jimbo, I don't read WordBomb's website and I've stopped reading
Wikipedia Review because I find it very upsetting. I've also asked my
wikifriends not to tell me if those sites are saying anything about
me, so I have no idea what you're talking about, and I don't want to
have to pour through their nonsense to find out.

Would you please tell me what *your* exact concerns are? Not theirs,
but yours. I'm certainly willing to "come clean" as you put it,
because I haven't done anything I need to hide from you.

Translation: "See, I'm showing you my belly, like dog in submission. It's all very complicated and I would have to pour through a lot of NONSENSE to even find out what it means. So I'd like YOU to pour through the nonsense and see if you can extract something about me that you don't like!" rolleyes.gif

There's also the implication that nothing happened in reality, only at the Wikipedia Review.

I guess it's time to update my web page. BTW, the use of the word "pour" in place of "pore" demonstrates that SV is illiterate.

wink.gif
+Quote Post
melloden
post Wed 27th July 2011, 4:22am
Post #23

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 34,482

Was any of this really a surprise? I thought the socking and whatnot had already been established by WordBomb's WR thread several years ago, surely an ArbCom coverup is nothing shocking? Malice, is there anything more recent about Slim? Possibly involving Cirt?
+Quote Post
Wikicrusher2
post Wed 27th July 2011, 4:37am
Post #24

Member No.: 14,796

Yes, all too interesting. "Becky Beckett" sounds like Bagley, and his post to the list raises several questions. Keep in mind, this was back in the day when the Cabal was amateurish yet Stalinistic, obsessed with the bogeyman of "stalkers" and defending other members against scrutiny. The pushy old Cabal always tried to brand as evil anyone who brought light to unflattering truths. Villains! Stalkers! Conspiracy theorists, spreading dangerous lies! Punish them! Eat their brains!

Now, on to "Becky Beckett". "Becky Beckett" refers to two Wikipedia accounts as socks of SlimVirgin, "Szero" and "Jon513". "Szero" is currently unregistered, and doesn't appear to have been renamed. An account by that name never existed. But, SZero (T-C-L-K-R-D) did, and made 5 edits during its entire lifespan, all in June and July 2006 (unless something has been oversighted). The first edit was simple vandalism reversion. The second called for expansion of a section in the article on Japan_–_United_States_relations. The addition of a hatnote to Recep_Tayyip_Erdoğan was to be SZero's third edit, followed by criticizing Foreign_relations_of_Venezuela as biased toward Hugo Chávez. The final edit in Szero's short journey was a comment to Talk:Sea_of_Japan, participating in a discussion about how to address the naming dispute in the corresponding page.

There doesn't seem to be evidence in the edits alone, other than the possible right wing point of view in the Venezuela-related comment, linking this account with SlimVirgin. Wonder how "Becky Beckett" knew?

As for Jon513 (T-C-L-K-R-D) , if that's SlimVirgin, then she is using a fake identity, with a fake male first name to boot!And the last edit was in June of this year. Could SV still be socking? Does she speak Hebrew? <insert Mossad conspiracy theory here>
+Quote Post
Sololol
post Wed 27th July 2011, 6:28am
Post #25

Bell the Cat

Member No.: 50,538

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Jayjg spun a fine tale for them. The information oversighted (IP and personal details) is meaningless unless you already know who Linda Mack is and her IP. If you don't know then there's nothing to connect her to the account. Do we know when the oversighting took place?
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Tue 26th July 2011, 8:49pm) *

Yes, this is very interesting stuff. Jayjg is more evil than I had thought. Jpgordon and Dave Gerard are stupendous flaming assholes, but that's not really news.

I'm agape at how proficiently slimy Jayjg is here. The doubletalk, the misdirection, the victim cards, it is a virtuoso performance. He plays off sockpuppet vote-stacking and the libeling of then recently-deceased Senator Pierre Salinger as the delusions of SV's enemies.* And it works despite stiff initial resistance. Remarkable. "the more accurate way of looking at it that actually accords with the facts is that a new editor made some edits on her first couple of days of editing, later came under a horrific amount of stalking and attempts to find her by various Wikipedia-haters."

Jay had to protect an innocent editor from the ravages of the self-hating Wikipedians! SlimVirgin and Jayjg have been subjected to creepy amounts of internet attention but that doesn't justify these oversight abuses.
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 26th July 2011, 6:45pm) *

By the time they were through, Slim was waving both hands in a V and flying off in a helicopter for San Clemente. Metaphorically. All from a little abuse of power and some information leaking into the wrong hands. blink.gif

I love a happy ending smile.gif And Cla68 is right, many of these issues could of been smoothed over if some bureaucrat came forward, acknowledged the problem and apologized.

*("Salinger worked on PA 103. Passed ABC News information to the CIA. May have passed the same information to Colonel Gadaffi of LIbya." Accusing a US senator of potential treason a week after his death. Stay classy. )
+Quote Post
MaliceAforethought
post Wed 27th July 2011, 12:21pm
Post #26

u Mad?

Member No.: 57,801

QUOTE(gomi @ Tue 26th July 2011, 9:15pm) *

QUOTE(cyofee @ Tue 26th July 2011, 1:09pm) *
Perhaps you should ask Somey to increase the maximum post length?

I didn't want to announce it, but I tried to increase the max post length by 10x, but it looks like it didn't take. This board's control panel is indescribably opaque.

No blame on the mods, posting ridiculously long email threads is a relatively new thing and they're trying things to fix it or make it easier. Gomi's change shows up when you check post length and preview, but the buggered thing cuts off far sooner when you save the post. I'll sort out where it cut off this one and get you blokes the rest.
+Quote Post
Rhindle
post Thu 28th July 2011, 5:11am
Post #27

Member No.: 6,834

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Tue 26th July 2011, 5:49pm) *

Kirill inspires respect, as does Theresa and TT (I don't know what WP username that guy is connected to.)

I believe TT is Paul August.
+Quote Post
-DS-
post Thu 28th July 2011, 6:56am
Post #28

Ethernaut

Member No.: 39,458

QUOTE(Rhindle @ Thu 28th July 2011, 7:11am) *

Kirill inspires respect, as does Theresa and TT (I don't know what WP username that guy is connected to.)

Well clearly. He even signs his emails as Paul August.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Thu 28th July 2011, 3:53pm
Post #29

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(-DS- @ Wed 27th July 2011, 11:56pm) *

QUOTE(Rhindle @ Thu 28th July 2011, 7:11am) *

Well clearly. He even signs his emails as Paul August.

That's another piece of evidence, then. hmmm.gif
+Quote Post
WordBomb
post Thu 28th July 2011, 10:07pm
Post #30

Über Member

Member No.: 309

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Holy crap! I cannot believe I missed this development! If you're still taking requests, I'd love to see anything relating to Gary Weiss (as, in descending order of importance: Mantanmoreland, samiharris, janeyryan, lastexit, tomstoner, stetsonharry, coljenkins, amishpete).

Has the leak been dumped anywhere, or does a small group retain control?
+Quote Post
WordBomb
post Thu 28th July 2011, 10:15pm
Post #31

Über Member

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 26th July 2011, 12:23pm) *

Slim says:
I hope you're bearing in mind that WordBomb (Judd Bagley) is insane
and very unpleasant, even worse than Brandt.

That's odd. I've served on a non-profit board with Bagley, and I've hardly ever met a more level-headed and pleasant person on the planet.

Trapped animals will do desperate things, though, when cornered.
Thanks, Greg. Ditto my assessment of your character. What a sad, dark place SV was clearly in at that time. I honestly feel bad imaging what it must have been like for her. That's not to say I regret what I did, only that I regret it was ever necessary. Gary Weiss is a cancer who seems to inflict pain on those whom he fools into supporting him, beginning with his wife and working all the way down to pseudonymous Wikipedia admins and beyond (good thing the guy will most likely die without fathering any children).

What a revelation this thread is.
+Quote Post
WordBomb
post Thu 28th July 2011, 10:22pm
Post #32

Über Member

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

By the way, as a favor to SV, a couple of years ago I removed the post on Antisocialmedia.net that started all this. Instead, I redirected the traffic to a lecture on the subject I gave at the University of Texas, and that's where clicks on the link I sent Jimbo are going now. If anybody wants to see the original post (for the sake of context, not to rub salt in SV's wounds), you can see an archived version of the post here.\

It's funny reading that stuff now four years later. I cannot believe I invested so much time on this issue.
+Quote Post
-DS-
post Fri 29th July 2011, 7:44am
Post #33

Ethernaut

Member No.: 39,458

QUOTE(WordBomb @ Fri 29th July 2011, 12:07am) *

Holy crap! I cannot believe I missed this development! If you're still taking requests, I'd love to see anything relating to Gary Weiss (as, in descending order of importance: Mantanmoreland, samiharris, janeyryan, lastexit, tomstoner, stetsonharry, coljenkins, amishpete).

Has the leak been dumped anywhere, or does a small group retain control?

To my knowledge, no dumps exist: Malice retains control.
+Quote Post
Detective
post Fri 29th July 2011, 9:32am
Post #34

Member No.: 35,179

QUOTE(WordBomb @ Thu 28th July 2011, 11:22pm) *

It's funny reading that stuff now four years later. I cannot believe I invested so much time on this issue.

There's a lot of that attitude among people associated with WP. Indeed, any former regular editor could say much the same thing. "Why on earth did I spend so much time doing that?"
+Quote Post
Sololol
post Fri 29th July 2011, 5:55pm
Post #35

Bell the Cat

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(WordBomb @ Thu 28th July 2011, 6:22pm) *

By the way, as a favor to SV, a couple of years ago I removed the post on Antisocialmedia.net that started all this. Instead, I redirected the traffic to a lecture on the subject I gave at the University of Texas, and that's where clicks on the link I sent Jimbo are going now. If anybody wants to see the original post (for the sake of context, not to rub salt in SV's wounds), you can see an archived version of the post here.\

At least you have more to show for your efforts than if you'd spent that time editing Wikipedia.

Very helpful link. Just in case anyone had doubts that Jayjg's summary "A number
of edits from her IP were inadvertently exposed, and were oversighted for that reason. That's 'the truth of the entire affair' " was anything but complete horseshit.
+Quote Post
Heat
post Sat 30th July 2011, 4:13am
Post #36

Tenured

Member No.: 1,066

QUOTE(Sololol @ Fri 29th July 2011, 5:55pm) *

QUOTE(WordBomb @ Thu 28th July 2011, 6:22pm) *

At least you have more to show for your efforts than if you'd spent that time editing Wikipedia.

Very helpful link. Just in case anyone had doubts that Jayjg's summary "A number
of edits from her IP were inadvertently exposed, and were oversighted for that reason. That's 'the truth of the entire affair' " was anything but complete horseshit.

That explains oversighting the IP edits but not the sock edits or covering up the Pierre Salinger smears (or rather allowing them to be attributed to another editor).
+Quote Post
Sololol
post Sat 30th July 2011, 5:22am
Post #37

Bell the Cat

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Heat @ Sat 30th July 2011, 12:13am) *

That explains oversighting the IP edits but not the sock edits or covering up the Pierre Salinger smears (or rather allowing them to be attributed to another editor).

I guess he (correctly) assumed no one would check.
+Quote Post
Rhindle
post Sat 30th July 2011, 7:08pm
Post #38

Member No.: 6,834

Pop Quiz:
If an outsider informs you that you've been conned by someone who you consider an ally. Do you
A. Look into the evidence and see if it's true or not before making a judgement?
B. Inform the person of the proper protocols and tell them just to be patient and will investigate the matter?
C. Ban the person for not following the proper procedure leading to resentment and exposing your double standards?
D. When that persons allegations appear more likely to be true, continually slime that person with the help of some of your "friends" until he/she has no credibility so you get away with your misdeeds and be the victim?
E. Both A and B
F. Both C and D
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Sun 31st July 2011, 12:24am
Post #39

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Rhindle @ Sat 30th July 2011, 12:08pm) *

Pop Quiz:
If an outsider informs you that you've been conned by someone who you consider an ally. Do you
A. Look into the evidence and see if it's true or not before making a judgement?
B. Inform the person of the proper protocols and tell them just to be patient and will investigate the matter?
C. Ban the person for not following the proper procedure leading to resentment and exposing your double standards?
D. When that persons allegations appear more likely to be true, continually slime that person with the help of some of your "friends" until he/she has no credibility so you get away with your misdeeds and be the victim?
E. Both A and B
F. Both C and D

F !!! On Wikipedia the answer is always "F".

FFFFFFFF UBAR rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th 9 17, 5:19pm