EricBarbour
post Sat 30th July 2011, 11:36pm
Post #41

blah

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 5,066

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

This is why people on the Crazypedia don't take WR seriously. They cover up and hide their crazy.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Sat 30th July 2011, 11:38pm
Post #42

Known alias of J. Random Troll

Member No.: 5,156

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 4:27pm) *

Trite insults don't help. Not much helps right now. Maybe I'm not as well as I should be right now, and maybe I'm not getting the help I should be. So, who the fuck are you? If you don't like me, ignore me. Is that so difficult for someone purporting to be superior in some way? I don't t'ink so.

Phil, you're about as hard to ignore as a dog who got hit by a car out front, who dragged itself up onto our lawn, snarling at everybody and bleeding. I don't think you came for euthanasia, did you?

Perhaps you could start by stopping all those activating drugs you're taking that tend to make people nasty, from legal to illegal, and get some rest?
+Quote Post
Encyclopedist
post Sat 30th July 2011, 11:46pm
Post #43

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 8,944

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 31st July 2011, 12:38am) *

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 4:27pm) *

Trite insults don't help. Not much helps right now. Maybe I'm not as well as I should be right now, and maybe I'm not getting the help I should be. So, who the fuck are you? If you don't like me, ignore me. Is that so difficult for someone purporting to be superior in some way? I don't t'ink so.

Phil, you're about as hard to ignore as a dog who got hit by a car out front, who dragged itself up onto our lawn, snarling at everybody and bleeding. I don't think you came for euthanasia, did you?

Perhaps you could start by stopping all those activating drugs you're taking that tend to make people nasty, from legal to illegal, and get some rest?

Nevertheless, some people manage to ignore me- those with presumably something better to do with their time. However, I don't think you and I know each other IRL, so please do assume we are not on first-name terms. And it's a gross insult to assume that I'm taking any drugs whatsoever; I am not.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Sun 31st July 2011, 12:21am
Post #44

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 4:46pm) *

Nevertheless, some people manage to ignore me- those with presumably something better to do with their time. However, I don't think you and I know each other IRL, so please do assume we are not on first-name terms. And it's a gross insult to assume that I'm taking any drugs whatsoever; I am not.

It's not a gross insult, it's just by far the best guess. But if you're not, good.
+Quote Post
Vigilant
post Sun 31st July 2011, 3:44am
Post #45

Member No.: 8,684

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 11:27pm) *

QUOTE(Vigilant @ Sun 31st July 2011, 12:19am) *

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 11:10pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sat 30th July 2011, 11:51pm) *

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 3:46pm) *

So he may be a shrink; but it's professionally inexcusable to offer an opinion, let alone a diagnosis, without a full and proper consultation with a subject, let alone a client, and without reference to any history and case notes. He should not have made those comments in those circumstances, and if he were acting in a professional manner, at minimum, a disclaimer in the above terms should have been issued. But thanks for the heads up, and I will certainly examine the complaints procedures for any professional bodies of which he is a member. Once he gets over his cold, he's going to need some help of his own, either legal or of the type that wasn't offered to me by ArbCom, and given that he was ideally placed to offer it, at least privately, and failed to do so, again indicates his lack of professionalism. In short, he's a charlatan.

And you're about as in contact with reality as Charlie Sheen right now, "Rod." Why don't you give it a rest?

Who the fuck are you? If you don't like me, ignore me. Otherwise, crawl back under whatever stone you came from.

Milton's not the only one. You come across as a seriously deranged fruitbat.

I'd call it at about 1472 milli-Ottavas
Just sayin'

They're not trite and they're not insults. You are mad as a hatter. I get the heebie geebies everytime I read one of your posts.

Stop posting please.
+Quote Post
Sololol
post Sun 31st July 2011, 4:37am
Post #46

Bell the Cat

Member No.: 50,538

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Casliber @ Sat 30th July 2011, 1:05am) *

Maybe if you tried a pegasus or manticore.....

You think we can just email a pegasus to Sydney?! My God, if you thought the rabbits played merry hell with the ecosystems what do you think would happen with those things?! And the more PC term is "personticore", which I'll be happy to send post-haste.

P.S.: Could you mail me some Bundy? It would be for psychiatric purposes only.
+Quote Post
Encyclopedist
post Mon 1st August 2011, 12:03am
Post #47

Member No.: 8,944

QUOTE(Vigilant @ Sun 31st July 2011, 4:44am) *

QUOTE(Vigilant @ Sun 31st July 2011, 12:19am) *

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 11:10pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sat 30th July 2011, 11:51pm) *

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 3:46pm) *

So he may be a shrink; but it's professionally inexcusable to offer an opinion, let alone a diagnosis, without a full and proper consultation with a subject, let alone a client, and without reference to any history and case notes. He should not have made those comments in those circumstances, and if he were acting in a professional manner, at minimum, a disclaimer in the above terms should have been issued. But thanks for the heads up, and I will certainly examine the complaints procedures for any professional bodies of which he is a member. Once he gets over his cold, he's going to need some help of his own, either legal or of the type that wasn't offered to me by ArbCom, and given that he was ideally placed to offer it, at least privately, and failed to do so, again indicates his lack of professionalism. In short, he's a charlatan.

And you're about as in contact with reality as Charlie Sheen right now, "Rod." Why don't you give it a rest?

Who the fuck are you? If you don't like me, ignore me. Otherwise, crawl back under whatever stone you came from.

Milton's not the only one. You come across as a seriously deranged fruitbat.

I'd call it at about 1472 milli-Ottavas
Just sayin'

They're not trite and they're not insults. You are mad as a hatter. I get the heebie geebies everytime I read one of your posts.

Stop posting please.

Let's get this quite clear: *I* am as "mad as a hatter", yet *you* "get the heebie geebies everytime you read one of my posts"? It's like the old joke- Man goes to a doctor & says "It hurts when I do this"; doctor says "Well, don't do that". Same thing. Stop reading my posts, if they cause you so much pain. The remedy lies in your own hands.

+Quote Post
Anna
post Mon 1st August 2011, 2:34am
Post #48

Member No.: 57,500

Seconded, Encyclopedist.
+Quote Post
chrisoff
post Mon 1st August 2011, 1:19pm
Post #49

Member No.: 17,248

QUOTE(powercorrupts @ Fri 29th July 2011, 7:02pm) *

I found Casliber's comment totally unconvincing in terms of being from a qualified psychiatrist. The more I read it the less convincing it is, in fact.

Asking Casliber this kind of question is ridiculous. They should have brought in (or even actually employ for these occasions) qualified people - including the police on occasions it could be argued - but instead they are querying their anonymous selves, and constantly bargaining with misfits to attempt to maintain the appearance of credibility.

Is Casliber another Essejay? Just act like you are a psychiatrist and everyone believes it? Isn't there a rule about acting like a professional (whatever), and then using this professional "persona" to make pronouncements? Has Cas shown his real life credentials to arbcom? Or do they ask him to make professional psych pronouncements based on an Essejay-like faith?

Is arbcom really as stupid and naive as these emails make them seem?

And aren't there codes of ethics for psychiatrists that they don't make psychiatric opinions on people they don't know and haven't even seen? Especially on a site like wikipedia where no one is who they seem they are?
+Quote Post
Kelly Martin
post Mon 1st August 2011, 1:45pm
Post #50

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Member No.: 6,696

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Mon 1st August 2011, 8:19am) *
And aren't there codes of ethics for psychiatrists that they don't make psychiatric opinions on people they don't know and haven't even seen? Especially on a site like wikipedia where no one is who they seem they are?
Why would that have those? The APA's code of ethics is intended to protect psychiatrists and the APA; it is not intended to protect patients or the public generally.
+Quote Post
Anna
post Mon 1st August 2011, 2:11pm
Post #51

Kelly --

If that is so, it would explain a lot.

In my completely non-professional opinion, there do seem to be a lot of really incompetent psychiatrists in the world, or at least in the parts of the U.S. where I have lived, and a fair number of incompetent psychologists too.

One would think that giving a professional psychological diagnosis without extensive contact, preferably in-person contact, with the patient would be generally considered unethical, but that doesn't seem to stop people.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Mon 1st August 2011, 5:13pm
Post #52

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Anna @ Mon 1st August 2011, 7:11am) *

One would think that giving a professional psychological diagnosis without extensive contact, preferably in-person contact, with the patient would be generally considered unethical, but that doesn't seem to stop people.

Where have you seen a professional psychological diagnosis given without in-person contact? Such suggestions are not "professional diagnoses" simply because they use the same words. By definition they are NOT professional diagnoses, but rather suggestions for consideration. Though such evaluations are not secure, a professional can sometimes get a good idea of what is going on, without actually seeing a patient. Also, there are plenty of situations in life where one doesn't need to be a professional at all, to understand what is happening. You don't need to be a weatherman to tell when ... ah... there are presently large amounts of precipitatation outside. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Anna
post Mon 1st August 2011, 5:42pm
Post #53

Milton --

Mostly New Mexico, but a few times in Virginia. But you're right! It is an oxymoron when you think about it.

Well, right, but when I say, "That guy's alcohol addiction is making him do things he probably wouldn't do otherwise," I don't add, "and I'm a psychiatrist, so what I say is incontestable by you commoners." Because I mean it as a concerned citizen, not as a professional. Besides, in that example at least, it really does help to smell the alcohol and see how he's acting, which isn't something I can do online. Online, perhaps all I could say would be, "that person is acting oddly."
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name
post Mon 1st August 2011, 6:29pm
Post #54

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Member No.: 9,985

QUOTE(NuclearWarfare @ Sat 30th July 2011, 6:35pm) *

You're a man of few words. ermm.gif
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name
post Mon 1st August 2011, 6:34pm
Post #55

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Member No.: 9,985

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 7:46pm) *
And it's a gross insult to assume that I'm taking any drugs whatsoever; I am not.

Good for you! Drugs are bad for you. Malt liquor, on the other hand, is quite therapeutic. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Sxeptomaniac
post Mon 1st August 2011, 7:34pm
Post #56

Member No.: 3,542

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

And maybe if multiple people say your posts come across as a little crazy, you should reconsider what you post (unless you prefer coming across crazy). It goes both ways.
+Quote Post
Anna
post Mon 1st August 2011, 7:40pm
Post #57

It isn't Encyclopedist's responsibility to entertain us. It's not as if it's hard to scroll past his or her posts if you don't like them.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Mon 1st August 2011, 7:58pm
Post #58

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Mon 1st August 2011, 11:34am) *

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 7:46pm) *
And it's a gross insult to assume that I'm taking any drugs whatsoever; I am not.

Good for you! Drugs are bad for you. Malt liquor, on the other hand, is quite therapeutic. smile.gif

Yep. And malt does more than Milton can to justfy God's ways to man.

Although, actually, I'm dealing with a horribly alcoholic friend at the moment, and should bite my tongue about that. unhappy.gif

You know those know-it-alls that say that drugs are tools if used therapeutically, but devils if used recreationally? Well, alcohol is one of those drugs for which the opposite is true. Just to remind how fucked up conventional wisdom is. Therapeutic users of alcohol are exactly the people who get into trouble, and whose lives are ruined by the stuff.
+Quote Post
powercorrupts
post Mon 1st August 2011, 8:23pm
Post #59

Member No.: 6,776

QUOTE(Anna @ Mon 1st August 2011, 8:40pm) *

It isn't Encyclopedist's responsibility to entertain us. It's not as if it's hard to scroll past his or her posts if you don't like them.

He is a 'he' - perhaps you should read up on him before judging on whether people should read/react to him or not?

The thing is that (most) people here genuinely want WR to be credible, if not perhaps always 100% 'serious'. That is why it matters if the place fills up with un-questioned bilge from nutters like Rodhull&Emu (Encyclopedist). WR doesn't have the best of names as it is, we can't let it be seen as complete loony bin.

Obviously countering the fruitcakes can be something of a battle at times (ignoring doesn't always work – look at Karting and that other similar account), especially as everything happens under the lingering-distrust caused by a total rogue who gets off on creating male and female accounts, and manipulating innocent people. Nut-defenders like Abd would say "well it's up to people on WR to feel paranoid or not" - but that is a similarly poor argument for a website like this. You just can't let the loonies run wild. (When Poetlister, for example, arses-around unchecked for a sustained period, we know things eventually will get out of hand).

Like it or not, WR is the main place to go to criticise Wikimedia – and so the whole world (you could say) needs it to maintain at least a smidgen of credibility.

This post has been edited by powercorrupts: Mon 1st August 2011, 8:28pm
+Quote Post
Anna
post Mon 1st August 2011, 8:34pm
Post #60

It's not about whether or not what he writes is worth reading. That's for each man or woman to decide for him or her self.

I'm just not a huge fan of censorship, and going around calling people "fruitcakes" really doesn't sound like a comprehensive criticism. Not that I'm going to stop you, but I'm not going to start thinking someone's a fruitcake just because you say so.

Personally, I prefer Encyc for pointing out flaws in articles on Wikipedia.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd 7 17, 8:44am