Post #41

Known alias of J. Random Troll

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 5,156

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 8th July 2011, 3:04pm) *

QUOTE(Shalom @ Fri 8th July 2011, 2:57pm) *

Given Arbcom's delinquence in failing to desysop Good Olfactory and Od Mishehu, I suspect they would not desysop Sam Korn even if I would present strong evidence that Sam leaked the Arbcom-L mailing list. Still, I considered compiling the evidence I have in as clear a format as I can -- which would also require me to check something which could point to his innocence -- and at that point I punt and say it's not my problem.

What is your motivation in criticizing Wikipedia in general, if you're not willing to challenge unethical behavior when you see it? That's a reason to "out" Wikileaker or Malice if possible. Leaking these materials is unethical. Some of what happened behind the scenes was also unethical.

Yeah, right. And yet it's "not your problem".

Identifying the leaker will just help to keep the Same Old Assholes in charge at WP. Because they are vengeful, and will make an example of any leakers.

Do you really want to do that?

I guess Shalom wants to do that. unhappy.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
melloden
post Sat 9th July 2011, 2:46am
Post #42

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 34,482

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sat 9th July 2011, 12:06am) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 8th July 2011, 3:04pm) *

QUOTE(Shalom @ Fri 8th July 2011, 2:57pm) *

Given Arbcom's delinquence in failing to desysop Good Olfactory and Od Mishehu, I suspect they would not desysop Sam Korn even if I would present strong evidence that Sam leaked the Arbcom-L mailing list. Still, I considered compiling the evidence I have in as clear a format as I can -- which would also require me to check something which could point to his innocence -- and at that point I punt and say it's not my problem.

What is your motivation in criticizing Wikipedia in general, if you're not willing to challenge unethical behavior when you see it? That's a reason to "out" Wikileaker or Malice if possible. Leaking these materials is unethical. Some of what happened behind the scenes was also unethical.

Yeah, right. And yet it's "not your problem".

Identifying the leaker will just help to keep the Same Old Assholes in charge at WP. Because they are vengeful, and will make an example of any leakers.

Do you really want to do that?

I guess Shalom wants to do that. unhappy.gif

Sam Korn is not a sysop at this time, so it's not like they could desysop him anyway.
+Quote Post
The Adversary
post Sat 9th July 2011, 3:50am
Post #43

CT (Check Troll)

Member No.: 194

Having earlier encountered Shalom´s great ability to spot socks in the Mantanmoreland -case...
..... and Shaloms great work proving, without a shadow of a doubt, that poor Poetlister (and all her lovely friends) are innocent! ( They even had the photographs to prove it!)...

With such a stellar history of being spot-on, I bet both Wikileaker and Malice are hoping, nay, praying that Shalom shall name their real names tongue.gif
+Quote Post
cyofee
post Sat 9th July 2011, 10:06am
Post #44

Member No.: 2,233

QUOTE(The Adversary @ Sat 9th July 2011, 5:50am) *

Having earlier encountered Shalom´s great ability to spot socks in the Mantanmoreland -case...
..... and Shaloms great work proving, without a shadow of a doubt, that poor Poetlister (and all her lovely friends) are innocent! ( They even had the photographs to prove it!)...

With such a stellar history of being spot-on, I bet both Wikileaker and Malice are hoping, nay, praying that Shalom shall name their real names tongue.gif

Shalom also apparently bears a grudge against Sam Korn for blocking some of his sock accounts back in 2008.
+Quote Post
nableezy
post Sat 9th July 2011, 1:39pm
Post #45

Member No.: 11,908

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Shalom @ Fri 8th July 2011, 4:57pm) *

I never really understood the loyalty that people have to "the Project" (always a capital P), or "the community". I dont actually care about either of those things. The thing I care about is having the top google result for most anything not be bullshit. Thats it. What is my motivation in criticizing wikipedia in general? Because wikipedia structure is designed to focus on "the Project" and "the community", not the product. And these leaks, so far, show that problem. There was one email that I have read, obviously of the ones so far released, that show an arb actually analyzing what counts. That email being the discussion of the article Goy and Jayjg's edit removing an alternate translation and emailing for support. The rest of the discussions have been about things that, in my view, do not matter.

QUOTE(Shalom @ Fri 8th July 2011, 4:57pm) *

I have every reason to believe Wikileaker and Malice both have accurate archives. I've already been quoted in two separate emails (Poetlister and CAMERA) and both are accurate represenations, word for word, of what I wrote, when I wrote it, and to whom I wrote it.

Again, thats what counts for me.
+Quote Post
Shalom
post Sun 10th July 2011, 4:00am
Post #46

Über Member

Member No.: 5,566

QUOTE(cyofee @ Sat 9th July 2011, 6:06am) *

QUOTE(The Adversary @ Sat 9th July 2011, 5:50am) *

Shalom also apparently bears a grudge against Sam Korn for blocking some of his sock accounts back in 2008.

I looked at every former arbitrator, without prejudice, and decided that Sam Korn was the most likely match. If it's not Sam Korn, what can I say, I've been wrong before. Revenge has nothing to do with my motivation in undertaking the investigation and reporting my tentative conclusion.
+Quote Post
bi-winning
post Sun 10th July 2011, 5:51pm
Post #47

Member No.: 45,540

QUOTE(Shalom @ Sat 9th July 2011, 8:00pm) *

I looked at every former arbitrator, without prejudice, and decided that Sam Korn was the most likely match. If it's not Sam Korn, what can I say, I've been wrong before. Revenge has nothing to do with my motivation in undertaking the investigation and reporting my tentative conclusion.

You are a child, Shalom.

Oh nos! Did I "out" myself as Sam Korn. Shit. I hate when that happens.
+Quote Post
-DS-
post Sun 10th July 2011, 6:25pm
Post #48

Ethernaut

Member No.: 39,458

QUOTE(bi-winning @ Sun 10th July 2011, 7:51pm) *

You are a child, Shalom.

Thank you, bi-winning, I was just going to post about how ridiculous that was.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Sun 10th July 2011, 7:44pm
Post #49

Known alias of J. Random Troll

Member No.: 5,156

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(bi-winning @ Sun 10th July 2011, 10:51am) *

You are a child, Shalom.

No, but maybe The Adversary just did that. Few would know THAT much about Shalom's screwups, off the top of their head or in that short a search time. Shalom has indeed slipped on his shoelaces and fallen down quite a lot while hunting socks. He's been victimized by the best! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Shalom
post Tue 12th July 2011, 11:42am
Post #50

Über Member

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 10th July 2011, 3:44pm) *

QUOTE(bi-winning @ Sun 10th July 2011, 10:51am) *

You are a child, Shalom.

No, but maybe The Adversary just did that. Few would know THAT much about Shalom's screwups, off the top of their head or in that short a search time. Shalom has indeed slipped on his shoelaces and fallen down quite a lot while hunting socks. He's been victimized by the best! biggrin.gif

Two separate issues.

1. Wikileaker = Sam Korn, confidence >50%

2. Wikileaker = Anonymous editor, speculative.

I said as much originally. Don't conflate two separate issues.

Whoever Anonymous editor is, he clearly has stalked my contributions on Wikipedia around November 2009, noting a specific oppose on an RFA as disruptive. I know that Sam Korn was not around then, so on further review, I can say Anonymous editor is someone else.
+Quote Post
Tarc
post Tue 12th July 2011, 2:42pm
Post #51

Fat Cat

Member No.: 5,309

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Shalom @ Tue 12th July 2011, 7:42am) *
Whoever Anonymous editor is, he clearly has stalked my contributions on Wikipedia around November 2009, noting a specific oppose on an RFA as disruptive. I know that Sam Korn was not around then, so on further review, I can say Anonymous editor is someone else.

Its not like you're a difficult person to track, Yechiel Man.
+Quote Post
Shalom
post Tue 12th July 2011, 4:30pm
Post #52

Über Member

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 12th July 2011, 10:42am) *

QUOTE(Shalom @ Tue 12th July 2011, 7:42am) *

Its not like you're a difficult person to track, Yechiel Man.

Why does every thread I start wind up being about me? (After it's finished going off topic.)

Tarc, you again missed the point. It's possible to take notice of an RFA oppose if either you follow RFA generally, or you stalk a user's contributions. I suspect "Anonymous editor" did the latter, but he may have done the former. My point is, Sam Korn didn't do that because he wasn't active on Wikipedia then, and if he was following anything at all, he wouldn't have been following both Arbcom and also RFA.
+Quote Post
chrisoff
post Tue 26th July 2011, 11:12pm
Post #53

Member No.: 17,248

I'm sorry the leaker will leak no more because of all this speculation. Wikipedia is a secret organization, run by a small group of people. Any insight into their doings is hugely helpful because the rest of us are victims of their whims.

Now hope is gone!

Why does it matter who he is? His info checked out. Just the wikipeida mentality of "get anyone" you can that fails to keep the SECRETS that we all need to know.

To chase Malice away by threats is standard wikipedia practice.

This post has been edited by chrisoff: Tue 26th July 2011, 11:14pm
+Quote Post
Abd
post Wed 27th July 2011, 2:17am
Post #54

Postmaster

Member No.: 9,019

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Tue 26th July 2011, 7:12pm) *
I'm sorry the leaker will leak no more because of all this speculation.
Eh? What happened?
+Quote Post
chrisoff
post Wed 27th July 2011, 6:17pm
Post #55

Member No.: 17,248

QUOTE(Abd @ Tue 26th July 2011, 10:17pm) *

Eh? What happened?

It's the stalking the sockpuppet mentality gone awry. Too much speculation on who the leaker is. That is all this thread is, so the leaker decided not to leak anymore.

Vulture mentality here, just like on wikipedia. That is what editors love to do, rather than learn what goes on behind the curtain of secrecy of the cesspool called wikipedia.
+Quote Post
melloden
post Wed 27th July 2011, 7:20pm
Post #56

Member No.: 34,482

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Wed 27th July 2011, 6:17pm) *

Eh? What happened?

It's the stalking the sockpuppet mentality gone awry. Too much speculation on who the leaker is. That is all this thread is, so the leaker decided not to leak anymore.

Vulture mentality here, just like on wikipedia. That is what editors love to do, rather than learn what goes on behind the curtain of secrecy of the cesspool called wikipedia.

Really? Looks like he's still leaking to me.
+Quote Post
MaliceAforethought
post Wed 27th July 2011, 8:00pm
Post #57

u Mad?

Member No.: 57,801

QUOTE(melloden @ Wed 27th July 2011, 7:20pm) *

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Wed 27th July 2011, 6:17pm) *

Eh? What happened?

Really? Looks like he's still leaking to me.

They mean Wikileaker. I don't worry because I've not been anyone of consequnce on Wikipedia so the chances some chav is going to suss out my identity is nil. (Not that the idiots on AC aren't trying their level best)
+Quote Post
Encyclopedist
post Thu 28th July 2011, 2:25am
Post #58

Member No.: 8,944

I don't worry because I've not been anyone of consequnce on Wikipedia so the chances some chav is going to suss out my identity is nil. (Not that the idiots on AC aren't trying their level best)

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. It's about to become common knowledge, as far as I'm aware. And that's when the excrement contacts the rotating machinery.

This post has been edited by Encyclopedist: Thu 28th July 2011, 2:27am
+Quote Post
MaliceAforethought
post Thu 28th July 2011, 3:19am
Post #59

u Mad?

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Thu 28th July 2011, 2:25am) *

I don't worry because I've not been anyone of consequnce on Wikipedia so the chances some chav is going to suss out my identity is nil. (Not that the idiots on AC aren't trying their level best)

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. It's about to become common knowledge, as far as I'm aware. And that's when the excrement contacts the rotating machinery.

Well mate, I've already told you to come out with it since the day you emailed me when the leaks came out, so out with it then.
+Quote Post
MaliceAforethought
post Thu 28th July 2011, 3:26am
Post #60

u Mad?

Stop the presses! His royal hineyness Rodhullandemu has deigned to give us all a clue:

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. "
—Albert Einstein

Too late; you've blown it big style. Just keep an eye over your shoulder. The alternative is to leave me alone. So, D, how confident do you feel that you're untouchable right now?

So does that make me David, Durova...who else starts with a D? Come now Rod, don't be a tease.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th 11 17, 3:13pm