FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Featured Articles Dictator-for-life -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Featured Articles Dictator-for-life
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

Raul654 (T-C-L-K-R-D) provides an ominous warning to those seeking an alternative to the FA process:

Re: Another approach would be to assign FA status outside their process. - such behavior will not be tolerated. Consider yourself warned. Raul654 (talk) 20:25, 27 January 2012 (UTC)

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=473570981

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)

Raul wants to be the FA dictator-for-life and he's going to pummel anyone that tries to take power away from him. I can't believe he's allowed to get away with that kind of behavior. Who on earth would want to write an FA dealing with jerks like him? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Abd

Postmaster

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 9,019

QUOTE(The Joy @ Mon 30th January 2012, 4:52am) *
Raul654 (T-C-L-K-R-D) provides an ominous warning to those seeking an alternative to the FA process:
Re: Another approach would be to assign FA status outside their process. - such behavior will not be tolerated. Consider yourself warned. Raul654 (talk) 20:25, 27 January 2012 (UTC)http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=473570981

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)
Raul wants to be the FA dictator-for-life and he's going to pummel anyone that tries to take power away from him. I can't believe he's allowed to get away with that kind of behavior. Who on earth would want to write an FA dealing with jerks like him? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
Yeah, that's classic Raul654 behavior. Clear conflict-of-interest, threats of blocking if you revert him, etc. He once removed a probable Scibaby edit from User talk:GoRight. Knowing that GoRight would want to see the edit, I reverted it back in. (GoRight and I both wanted Scibaby to engage with the community. He'd been abused by Raul654, that's how that sock farm got started.) Raul654 reverted my restoration, and threatened to block me for "meat puppetry" and, as I recall, "disruption." That, in fact, is how and why I researched the Scibaby case, how I found out what Raul had done. GoRight, as I recall, reverted the edit back in and Raul654 dropped it, for then. He knew that his faction would sooner or later manage to indef GoRight, and it didn't matter what the equities were, they had the power.

Raul654 wasn't bullet-proof, however. He was pushed into resigning his checkuser privileges, and I may have helped nudge that along a bit, discussing it with Foundation functionaries at WikiConference New York. They were aware of the damage being done by an unrestrained Raul.

Raul, as well, led to one of the funniest sequences I recall from Wikipedia. I'd called him a fat asshole here on WR. (As I recall, it was "Mathsci is an asshole, Raul654 is a fat asshole.") Not without cause, mind you. He linked to the comment in RfAr/Abd and William M. Connolley, thus enshrining it on an ArbComm case talk page. It seems he thought that I'd immediately be blocked, it was so outrageous. There was no response. I imagine Raul becoming, himself, disgusted at how wimpy the community had become.....

I would never have said that on-wiki. I might have thought it on occasion, and there are those who imagine they can divine what I'm thinking from what I write. (Bad Idea. It's often wrong.)

I have no opinion about whether or not Raul has done a good job as FA coordinator. Maybe he has. But threatening someone with sanction for suggesting something that could reduce his power, that is, I suggest, intolerable. Even if he were doing a good job. How about he's still coordinator if he gives up his admin tools? Why would the coordinator need admin tools?

I notice that mayors and presidents and judges don't carry guns.

This post has been edited by Abd:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)