FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
GODAMMIT -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GODAMMIT, indef blocked again
Obesity

I taste as good as skinny feels.

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 6,909

these new admins don't put up with a shred of fun or nonsense. I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!

This is like the 4th time I've been indeffed in the past 2 years, and this time I didn't even do anything (except call people who use AN/I "douche," a fairly benign colloquial term that I frequently direct toward my cat and my sister).

This post has been edited by Obesity:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zoloft

May we all find solace in our dreams.

Member No.: 16,621

QUOTE(Obesity @ Sun 7th November 2010, 8:09pm) *

these new admins don't put up with a shred of fun or nonsense. I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!

This is like the 4th time I've been indeffed in the past 2 years, and this time I didn't even to anything (except call people who use AN/I "douche," a fairly benign colloquial term that I frequently direct toward my cat and my sister).

QUOTE(http://www.jokebuddha.com/Douche/recent)
A drunk man walks into a bar and orders a drink. While he waits for the bartender to mix his cocktail, he notices a woman alone at the end of the bar. When his drink comes, he says, "Hey b-b-b-artender. Give that douche bag at the end of the bar a drink for me."
The bartender tells the drunk to keep his voice down, but the drunk is belligerent. "Give that douche bag a drink, dammit!" he shouts.
The bartender becomes angry. "Sir, I will not permit you to sit here and call the lady names."
The drunk persists. "For the last time, bartender, bring me my drink and give that douche bag down there a drink, too!"
Attempting to quell the growing disturbance, the bartender approaches the woman and apologizes for the behavior of the drunk. "The gentleman insists upon buying you a drink, ma'am. What can I get for you?"
The woman replies, "Oh,... I'll have a vinegar and water, please!"
I salute you sir, with your own cocktail, named for you:

Obesity Called Me a Douche

2 oz. cheap gin, say Beefeater Gin

3/4 oz. lemon liqueur, say Paula's Texas Lemon

1/2 oz. lemon juice

1/2 oz. balsamic vinegar

1 oz. cane syrup

2 in. lemon peel

Put all of the above except the peel in an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake until chilled.
Decant into a Manhattan glass and wring out the peel into the cocktail. Drop it in.

Place a glass of mineral water nearby as a chaser.

*Plagiarized, adapted, and shaken from a recipe in the Washington Times

This post has been edited by Zoloft:
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

Important Update

His charm offensive has succeeded. His block is lifted, all's right with the world.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Obesity @ Sun 7th November 2010, 9:09pm) *

This is like the 4th time I've been indeffed in the past 2 years, and this time I didn't even to anything (except call people who use AN/I "douche," a fairly benign colloquial term that I frequently direct toward my cat and my sister).

Well, somebody purporting to be an Rlevse new account got tromped on. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)

Avraham has no sense of humor. Which is okay, since Rlevse didn't either.
+Quote Post
powercorrupts

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Mon 8th November 2010, 6:04am) *

Well, somebody purporting to be an Rlevse new account got tromped on. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)

Peace, everyone. Rlevse

Hahaha. That's got to be in the all time Top 10 comedy vandalism.

This post has been edited by powercorrupts:
+Quote Post
Zoloft

QUOTE(powercorrupts @ Mon 8th November 2010, 5:49am) *

Peace, everyone. Rlevse

Hahaha. That's got to be in all time Top 10 comedy vandalism.

Hrmmm...
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Mon 8th November 2010, 8:29am) *

Peace, everyone. Rlevse

Hrmmm...

Good point. I noticed the non-vandal diffs at the time but failed to see the signifance. Looking at the diffs of the specific contributions of Vanished_6551232 (T-C-L-K-R-D) , it does look like old Rlevse himself, editing under that account since he scrambled his Rlevse password on Halloween. Oooohh, wait will Giano realizes this....

Don't take him off hivemind yet, Brandt.
+Quote Post
Obesity

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Mon 8th November 2010, 11:56am) *

Peace, everyone. Rlevse

Hrmmm...

Good point. I noticed the non-vandal diffs at the time but failed to see the signifance. Looking at the diffs of the specific contributions of Vanished_6551232 (T-C-L-K-R-D) , it does look like old Rlevse himself, editing under that account since he scrambled his Rlevse password on Halloween. Oooohh, wait will Giano realizes this....

Uhh.... I think you're a few steps behind the game. Avraham openly renamed Rlvese's account to Vanished_6551232 in order to obscure his contributions once he decided to "vanish". ALL of Rlvese's diffs can be found in vanished's contributions
+Quote Post
Killiondude

QUOTE(Obesity @ Mon 8th November 2010, 9:33am) *

Uhh.... I think you're a few steps behind the game. Avraham openly renamed Rlvese's account to Vanished_6551232 in order to obscure his contributions once he decided to "vanish". ALL of Rlvese's diffs can be found in vanished's contributions

Right. Rlevse actually logged in and made that comment.
20:51, November 7, 2010 Avraham (talk | contribs | block) renamed User:Rlevse to "Vanished 6551232" ‎ (93,195 edits. Reason: RTV)

From Special:Log/renameuser (timestamp is UTC -8).
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Obesity @ Mon 8th November 2010, 10:33am) *

Peace, everyone. Rlevse

Hrmmm...

Sure enough-- I didn't look down the page far enough.

Okay, riddle me this, Fatman: if Avraham actually opened the Vanished_6551232 account for Rlevse, why is he now indef blocking it, saying vanished users have no reason to be posting comments? Is Avraham starting to get embarassed by Giano's rather pointed comments that Rlevse is not going to vanish at all, in any sense of the word? What?

You're not going to tell me that Avraham JUST NOW noticed that Rlevse was using this account to post comments under his Rlevse username? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
powercorrupts

And 05:04, November 8, 2010 Avraham (talk | contribs) blocked Vanished 6551232 (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked, autoblock disabled) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (Vanished users do not need to edit)

Not sure if "(Vanished users do not need to edit)" makes sense, but Rlevse is clearly now keeping his head down.

Oh well, it was just mere comedy and not vandalism at all. What kind of fruitcake goes around saying "peace" anyway? Machiavellian is one thing, but the froth of Wikipedia are real nutcases too.

This post has been edited by powercorrupts:
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(powercorrupts @ Mon 8th November 2010, 12:05pm) *

And 05:04, November 8, 2010 Avraham (talk | contribs) blocked Vanished 6551232 (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked, autoblock disabled) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (Vanished users do not need to edit)

Not sure if "(Vanished users do not need to edit)" makes sense, but Rlevse is clearly now keeping his head down.

It doesn't make much sense, actually. Traditionally there's been a difference made between "editing" (which generally refers to editing articles in mainspace) and posting TALK comments. What this really means is: "We don't want to be hearing from you, Rlevse, especially not while we're in the middle of blocking Giano for disruption, when he insists you're not really gone...." (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

QUOTE(powercorrupts @ Mon 8th November 2010, 11:05am) *

"autoblock disabled"? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif)
+Quote Post
Abd

Postmaster

Member No.: 9,019

QUOTE(Alison @ Mon 8th November 2010, 7:37pm) *
Good catch, Alison. It's blatantly obvious what that means.

Look, Rlevse wasn't the brightest bulb on the tree, but not the worst either.

On the other hand, those who sit in judgment of others find that the searchlight of judgment gets turned back on them. Oops!

But the hypocrisy is what shines through the most. Not Rlevse, who obviously recognizes that he screwed up, and royally, but the rest of the crowd on both sides. Attacking the current scapegoat and protecting their friends, and never stopping to look at the central problem: an abusive system, a monster that eventually eats those who feed it.
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

QUOTE(Abd @ Mon 8th November 2010, 5:17pm) *

QUOTE(Alison @ Mon 8th November 2010, 7:37pm) *
Good catch, Alison. It's blatantly obvious what that means.

My first thought when I saw this was 'LOLWUT?' I emailed Avi to ask what he was at when he did that, and apparently he just assumed Rlevse was on a dynamic IP and that there was no reason to block *that* too. When I pointed out what it looked like, esp. a block coming from a checkuser, he shat bricks (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) Guess he won't do that again ...
+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.
Member No.: 981

QUOTE(Alison @ Mon 8th November 2010, 9:03pm) *

My first thought when I saw this was 'LOLWUT?'

Putting the obsessive on-wiki politics aside, are you getting stupider?
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 8th November 2010, 6:47pm) *

No. Are you?
+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.

QUOTE(Alison @ Mon 8th November 2010, 9:49pm) *

No. Are you?

So you need a web page to work through the lamest level of irony?
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 8th November 2010, 6:56pm) *

No. Are you?

At least I answered the question, Ass-bead. Can we take this as a yes? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

QUOTE(Alison @ Mon 8th November 2010, 9:57pm) *

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 8th November 2010, 6:56pm) *

No. Are you?

At least I answered the question, Ass-bead. Can we take this as a yes? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)

I bet you slay the kiddies on 4chan and your ED homeland.
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 8th November 2010, 7:00pm) *

I don't hang out on 4chan any more - haven't in years. And yeah, had to get the ol' ED dig in there, eh? Real soon, you'll end this thread with your trademark "Fuck off!", like you usually do when you run out of wind. Round about now, in fact.

This is so inane. Go have the last word and walk off with a 'win' or whatever you need to stroke your ego. Same garbage, different day (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/bored.gif)
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(Alison @ Mon 8th November 2010, 10:09pm) *

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 8th November 2010, 7:00pm) *

I don't hang out on 4chan any more - haven't in years. And yeah, had to get the ol' ED dig in there, eh? Real soon, you'll end this thread with your trademark "Fuck off!", like you usually do when you run out of wind. Round about now, in fact.

This is so inane. Go have the last word and walk off with a 'win' or whatever you need to stroke your ego. Same garbage, different day (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/bored.gif)

Why is every thread about you guys? Why can't we talk about the amusing antics of the Fat Man for once?

By the way, I love participating in Irony.

As a question, if I am in love with some of your comments, does that make me gay? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

This random bit of nonsense was paid for by the Free Ottava 2010 Committee. Treasurer: The Fat Man Who Might Have Came Back.
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 9th November 2010, 3:15am) *

As a question, if I am in love with some of your comments, does that make me gay? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

I have alway just assumed that you were gay. Aren't you?
+Quote Post
Zoloft

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Mon 8th November 2010, 7:41pm) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 9th November 2010, 3:15am) *

I have alway just assumed that you were gay. Aren't you?

I feel Ottava is gay only in the eldest sense of the word.
+Quote Post
MZMcBride

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Alison @ Mon 8th November 2010, 10:49pm) *
No. Are you?
Hmm. The "No." link returns an error for me. Another secret part of the site?
+Quote Post
Lar

"His blandness goes to 11!"

Member No.: 4,290

QUOTE(MZMcBride @ Tue 9th November 2010, 3:10am) *

QUOTE(Alison @ Mon 8th November 2010, 10:49pm) *
No. Are you?
Hmm. The "No." link returns an error for me. Another secret part of the site?

Apparently. So therefore that link needs to be oversighted out of existence....
+Quote Post
Gruntled

Quite an unusual member

Group: On Vacation

QUOTE(Alison @ Tue 9th November 2010, 2:49am) *

No. Are you?

"stupider" is of course a well-known word, attested to by an impeccable source:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/stupider

It's also in the Official Scrabble Dictionary, not that anyone thinks that's more reliable than Wiktionary.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 8th November 2010, 10:15pm) *

Ottava Rima: Guys want to be like him! Girls want to be with him! Some guys also want to be with him! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Obesity

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 8th November 2010, 9:47pm) *

QUOTE(Alison @ Mon 8th November 2010, 9:03pm) *

My first thought when I saw this was 'LOLWUT?'

GLASSBEADGAME FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, this subforum is for people who LIEK WIKIPEDIA!!!!!!! you go away and go hang out in the grown ups forum and DON'T INSULT ALISON SHE IS MY GIRLFRIEND (or as the 14 year-old kids say, my "wifey")
+Quote Post
Obesity

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Mon 8th November 2010, 2:02pm) *

QUOTE(Obesity @ Mon 8th November 2010, 10:33am) *

Peace, everyone. Rlevse

Hrmmm...

Sure enough-- I didn't look down the page far enough.

Okay, riddle me this, Fatman: if Avraham actually opened the Vanished_6551232 account for Rlevse, why is he now indef blocking it, saying vanished users have no reason to be posting comments? Is Avraham starting to get embarassed by Giano's rather pointed comments that Rlevse is not going to vanish at all, in any sense of the word? What?

You're not going to tell me that Avraham JUST NOW noticed that Rlevse was using this account to post comments under his Rlevse username? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)

I think you're right; Avraham was trying to preempt any further trouble or controversy by the unstable Rlevse. And I think he has some sort of policy on his side in blocking the account.

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sun 7th November 2010, 11:31pm) *

QUOTE(Obesity @ Sun 7th November 2010, 8:09pm) *

QUOTE(http://www.jokebuddha.com/Douche/recent)
A drunk man walks into a bar and orders a drink. While he waits for the bartender to mix his cocktail, he notices a woman alone at the end of the bar. When his drink comes, he says, "Hey b-b-b-artender. Give that douche bag at the end of the bar a drink for me."
The bartender tells the drunk to keep his voice down, but the drunk is belligerent. "Give that douche bag a drink, dammit!" he shouts.
The bartender becomes angry. "Sir, I will not permit you to sit here and call the lady names."
The drunk persists. "For the last time, bartender, bring me my drink and give that douche bag down there a drink, too!"
Attempting to quell the growing disturbance, the bartender approaches the woman and apologizes for the behavior of the drunk. "The gentleman insists upon buying you a drink, ma'am. What can I get for you?"
The woman replies, "Oh,... I'll have a vinegar and water, please!"
I salute you sir, with your own cocktail, named for you:

Obesity Called Me a Douche

2 oz. cheap gin, say Beefeater Gin

3/4 oz. lemon liqueur, say Paula's Texas Lemon

1/2 oz. lemon juice

1/2 oz. balsamic vinegar

1 oz. cane syrup

2 in. lemon peel

Put all of the above except the peel in an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake until chilled.
Decant into a Manhattan glass and wring out the peel into the cocktail. Drop it in.

Place a glass of mineral water nearby as a chaser.

*Plagiarized, adapted, and shaken from a recipe in the Washington Times

thank you, i am honored and humbled
+Quote Post
Obesity

QUOTE(Obesity @ Sun 7th November 2010, 11:09pm) *

This is like the 4th time I've been indeffed in the past 2 years, and this time I didn't even do anything (except call people who use AN/I "douche," a fairly benign colloquial term that I frequently direct toward my cat and my sister).

I JUST GOT INDEFFED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

what is with these admins?

I am mystified and disappointed.
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(Obesity @ Tue 9th November 2010, 10:26am) *

We are like twins now, in the sense that Arnold Swartznegger was the twin of that short fat guy. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

By the way, if I am brought back I will run for adminship on the platform of unblocking the Fat Man whenever I can. This ad was paid for by the Free Ottava 2010 Committee. Treasurer: your mom.
+Quote Post
Obesity

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 9th November 2010, 11:05am) *

We are like twins now, in the sense that Arnold Swartznegger was the twin of that short fat guy. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

I see you more as The Cable Guy.
+Quote Post
Mike R

feo pero que bien baila

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 9th November 2010, 10:05am) *

By the way, if I am brought back I will run for adminship on the platform of unblocking the Fat Man whenever I can.

I as well may run for adminship and/or arbcom on the platform of unblocking The Fat Man and generally tolerating his antics.
+Quote Post
Obesity

QUOTE(Mike R @ Tue 9th November 2010, 1:17pm) *

By the way, if I am brought back I will run for adminship on the platform of unblocking the Fat Man whenever I can.

I as well may run for adminship and/or arbcom on the platform of unblocking The Fat Man and generally tolerating his antics.

How many edits do you have these days?
+Quote Post
Mike R

feo pero que bien baila

QUOTE(Obesity @ Tue 9th November 2010, 12:51pm) *

i don't know, a few thousand prolly
+Quote Post
Obesity

QUOTE(Mike R @ Tue 9th November 2010, 1:56pm) *

QUOTE(Obesity @ Tue 9th November 2010, 12:51pm) *

i don't know, a few thousand prolly

Get User:Bad edits r dumb to co-nominate you.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Obesity @ Tue 9th November 2010, 11:02am) *
Get User:Bad edits r dumb to co-nominate you.

Captain Picard has this for you, nerd. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(Obesity @ Tue 9th November 2010, 3:26pm) *

That's cool that the moderator for the forum for people who supposedly like Wikipedia has been banned from Wikipedia.
+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Tue 9th November 2010, 5:46pm) *

QUOTE(Obesity @ Tue 9th November 2010, 3:26pm) *

That's cool that the moderator for the forum for people who supposedly like Wikipedia has been banned from Wikipedia.

You almost have to love Wikipedia to get banned. Otherwise once it is clear that it isn't working out you just leave.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)