Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today I will get community banned
jd turk
post Mon 20th February 2012, 9:08pm
Post #41

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 5,976

QUOTE(Larry Sanger @ Mon 20th February 2012, 2:21pm) *

But is it really possible for anybody in his right mind to get all broken up about being kicked out of the Wikipedia insane asylum? I mean, they're so ridiculously self-important, when they aren't acting like trolls, and show no sense of grace, humanity, or even style.

Well put. I would advise anyone who's been contributing to Wikipedia for six months or so (just long enough to feel like you're making a difference) to make some kind of move and see just how much the community is in your corner. File an RfA, try and contribute to a highly-watched article, add some controversial material, jump into the BLP page, try and help on the IP pages, start a discussion about clarifying or changing a policy, etc.

You can sit back and fight vandals all day and never get anything really accomplished. Jump in and see exactly how much your contributions are appreciated, and how much a part of the community you feel like once they finish putting you through the full-on anal probe that is finding Wikipedia consensus.

I'd bet that's when that curve of Wikipedians starts to fall off. It's very easy to lose an argument on the internet with people who live there, and already have their support system in place to keep things exactly the way they are.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cedric
post Mon 20th February 2012, 11:21pm
Post #42

General Gato

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 1,116

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Vigilant @ Mon 20th February 2012, 2:54pm) *

I wonder if Sue Gardner even remotely realizes how damaged her career is by association with wikipedia.

Not entirely, but she is beginning to get a clue.
+Quote Post
mbz1
post Fri 24th February 2012, 4:32am
Post #43

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 25,791

QUOTE(Larry Sanger @ Mon 20th February 2012, 8:21pm) *

Wikipedia insane asylum

Yes, cannot have said any better:
after reading this edit summary
fuck this site and the abusive cowards that for the most part administrate it

by English wikipedia admin, and oversighter Beeblebrox (T-C-L-K-R-D) .

Besides everything else Beeblebrox even does not know how to read. Once I quoted an article from WS Journal and got this post http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=411447420
Holy shit, did you really just say that?!?! Go away. I can't think of anything else to say in the face of such blatant racism, go away and don't come back. [[User:Beeblebrox|Beeblebrox]] ([[User talk:Beeblebrox|talk]]) 21:44, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
It took Beeblebrox a few hours to understand what it was reading, and strike out its stupidity.
It is scary to think who gets the tools in "Wikipedia insane asylum".

The word it could not understand was "the debasement".Back then I emailed to the author of the article in WS Journal, and told him about wikipedia admin Beeblebrox. He emailed me back and told me he has known for a long time that there is "the debasement of Wikipedia mind" . He advised me stop contributing to wikipedia. I wish I listened.

This post has been edited by mbz1: Fri 24th February 2012, 4:42am
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd 6 17, 1:38am