FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Important Wikipedia-related blogs -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Important Wikipedia-related blogs
gomi

Group: Members

Wikipedia Review Blog Roll
One-Stop-Shop of the latest Wikipedia related blog posts read by Google Reader

General-interest blogs focusing on Wikipedia:

Wikipedia Review's Blog (blush)

On Wikipedia

Danny Wool's Blog

Kelly Martin's Blog - Kelly Martin's Arbitration Archive Blog

The official Wikimedia Foundation Blog

Signpost archives

Special-interest blogs critical of Wikipedia:

Anti-Social Media - WordBomb's Blog

Satirical Wikipedia blogs

The Wiki Defender
Parody of a Wikipediot

Web 2.0. / Internet focused blogs often critical of Wikipedia

Andrew Keen's blog

Nicholas Carr's blog

Seth Finkelstein's Blog - Infothought

Akahele - Internet Review Corporation (Analysis Blog created by Greg Kohs with other Wikipedia Reviewers, including Judd Bagley)

Citizendium blog - Larry Sanger

Blogs of Wikipedians

RDH's blog

Lar's blog

Musings of Majorly

Privatemusings' blog

Cyde Weys Musings

Durova's Blog

Andrew Lih's Blog

WikiVoices

The Wikipedian

Noroton's Blog

NonVocalScream's Blog

Giggy's Blog

Messedrocker's blog
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Kato

dhd

Group: Regulars

I guess we can add Kelly Martin's new blog to the list

http://arbitrary-notions.blogspot.com/

Kelly explains the purpose of the blog here

http://arbitrary-notions.blogspot.com/2009...of-purpose.html

QUOTE(Kelly Martin)
I've created this blog as a way to disseminate the non-private parts of my personal archive of the emails of Wikipedia's Arbitration Committee. I was a member of this committee from October 2005 through January 2006, and remained privy to its mailing list until September 2006, when I requested to be removed from it. I have some 4300 emails archived during that time interval.

In publishing these emails, of course, I am breaching the expectation that these emails would remain private; I'm sure Jimmy Wales will once again call me a traitor (or some other equally noxious epithet). However, I feel that the general public interest is served by the publication of these emails. An examination of these emails provides significant insight into the internal workings of Wikipedia's parajudicial body, as well as of the personalities of those who provide the closest thing to leadership that the Wikipedia community has. Also, none of these emails is less than two years old, and most of the matters being discussed are long settled; it is unlikely that any of these emails will have much effect on today's Wikipedia. (Or at least they shouldn't. They probably will, because Wikipedia's governance is so personality-centered that I have no doubt that there will actually be some significant effect, but that's really another example of the defects in Wikipedia's governance.) Those interested in understanding the dynamics of one of the Internet's largest social communities will no doubt find much value here.

I will be posting the emails one at a time over, probably, the next several months. I do have to "vet" each email to remove any personal information (other than that of the arbitrators themselves, who, in my opinion, have largely waived their right of privacy by choosing to be arbitrators) from the emails. I intend to limit redactions to the minimum required to protect the privacy of those who are not "movers and shakers" in Wikipedia's community, and all redactions will be obvious. If you, as a reader, notice that I have failed to redact something, please do let me know.

The motivation for this project grows out of a discussion at Wikipedia Review.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: