FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Biograph Company -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This subforum is for critical evaluation of Wikipedia articles. However, to reduce topic-bloat, please make note of exceptionally poor stubs, lists, and other less attention-worthy material in the Miscellaneous Grab Bag thread. Also, please be aware that agents of the Wikimedia Foundation might use your evaluations to improve the articles in question.

Useful Links: Featured Article CandidatesFeatured Article ReviewArticles for DeletionDeletion Review

> Biograph Company, Open slander and harrassment
biographco

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 1,201

First, I want to thank the editors of the blog and say that there is such a need for this forum about Wikipedia, since this so called "Encyclopedia" is crawled by many other information websites and so many editors on Wikipedia truly have an agenda that is unfair and biased.

My company is a small independent film company and had been on Wikipedia for quite awhile with an article. Our company is a very old company, and has an exemplary reputation. We did not even post the first article but one of the Wiki-members did. The first article was fine and fairly accurate. However, in 2004 after our monument in Hollywood event, one editor appeared and became malicious with intent to harm the reputation of the company. This "Editor" also had a certain group of "Editors" that knew this person or he/she recruited them in an effort to discredit our company, and supply false information. We feel this was a personal attack and intent on harming the company's reputation for certain reasons.

At the time, I was not that familiar with Wikipedia guidelines or standards, and one of our VP's was extremely upset and dared to defy this "Editor". This VP who had a previous Wikipedia account was promptly blocked. I admit our VP did go against some Wiki-policies. Our attorney then attempted to call and contact Wikipedia to resolve the issue, but without results. The article was further re-written, including ambiguous information and intentional inclusions to make the company look "Ridiculous" which is actually posted IN WRITING by one of the administrators, yes, that this was their intent and goal. Since this, we have not attempted to change anything, in-process of legal proceedings according to state and federal law.

We also noticed that some other members of Wikipedia who were trying to correct the article contacted us on our information. These other editors also discovered that their was malicious intent against us, and were blocked as well by this other coalition of editors determined to discredit the company. This information we know of because of the blocked editors contacting our office.

We also was recently hacked and even embezzlement of funds occurred by hacking that coincide with recent Wikipedia activity against the company. This has been already reported to the proper authorities, and we believe it may have been a Wikipedia person involved in this slanderous effort.

Unfortunately, anyone attempting to correct the article about us is "Blocked" or "Banned". A monopoly of only a few associated editors now is able to include any false or harmful information without recourse. With this in mind, we have several options that we are in the process of initiating against Wikipedia and the foundation, some of it possibly criminal.

It is sad that Wikipedia is a great idea but is monopolized and used for personal and sometimes hateful agendas against others without provocation. We want to make everyone aware of this and maybe this can be stopped before Wikipedia finally pushed too far, and will eventually be shut down for inappropriate activity.

Please feel free to check out the Wikipedia article under "American_Mutoscope_and_Biograph_Company" and also read the "Talk" sections as well as the archive sections. We also encourage any kind of input on this subject.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
biographco   Biograph Company  
anon1234   It's standard practice for editors and adminis...  
biographco   It's standard practice for editors and admini...  
anon1234   From AN/I: Typical distortion. I notice they ar...  
Somey   By far! I found this archived AN entry. Shoul...  
Toledo   In the part of the Wikipedia article about your co...  
biographco   In the part of the Wikipedia article about your c...  
biographco   In the part of the Wikipedia article about your c...  
Kathryn Cramer   In the part of the Wikipedia article about your ...  
Somey   Typical distortion. I notice they are associating...  
guy   By the way, welcome to the forum, Toledo! We ...  
Somey   Cleveland is in North-East England and Toledo is i...  
Toledo   That whole business about building a studio lot on...  
Somey   ...The property deed on the moon is valid. Branson...  
biographco   ...The property deed on the moon is valid. Branso...  
biographco   [quote name='guy' post='26444' date='Sun 1st Apri...  
Toledo   On "Building" a studio lot, no such thin...  
biographco   [quote name='anon1234' post='26423' date='Sat 31s...  
Toledo   Most states have a statute of limitations on libel...  
biographco   Most states have a statute of limitations on libe...  
Toledo   The article is libelous because it presents inaccu...  
biographco   The article is libelous because it presents inacc...  
Toledo   Libel under Florida law is a civil tort, not a cri...  
Toledo   I've read through all the discussion page (inc...  
biographco   I've read through all the discussion page (in...  
Toledo   Because of time constraints, I cannot give you the...  
biographco   Because of time constraints, I cannot give you th...  
dtobias   "I think it's obviously an attempt at se...  
biographco   [quote name='biographco' post='27109' date='Sun 8...  
biographco   [quote name='biographco' post='27109' date='Sun ...  
Somey   Bingo! Couldn't have said it better muh...  
biographco   Bingo! Couldn't have said it better muh...  
biographco   Bingo! Couldn't have said it better muh...  
Uly   There's a saying in the legal profession: ...  
Cedric   There's a saying in the legal profession: ...  
Toledo   62A Am. Jur. 2d Privacy § 128: Restatement (Sec...  
Toledo   One comment from one editor = "they mention i...  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)