FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
2011 WMF board candidacy criteria -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> 2011 WMF board candidacy criteria
thekohser

Group: Regulars

The weasels at the Wikimedia Foundation have narrowed the doorway to the club even more than in 2009. Now...

The eligibility requirements for candidates are the same as for voters...

Voters' user account must "not be blocked on more than one project", and the user account must:
  • have made at least 300 edits before 15 April 2011 across Wikimedia wikis (edits on several wikis can be combined if your accounts are unified into a global account); and
  • have made at least 20 edits between 15 November 2010 and 15 May 2011.

This might be a job for MZMcBride, but is there some way to count how many Wikimedia user accounts would satisfy these requirements? Whatever that number is, we could probably reduce it by 10 percent, to account for the fact that some users will be sockpuppets of the same human being.

Unfortunately, because I am blocked on about 4% of the Wikimedia Foundation's active wiki projects, I am not eligible to run for the 2011 election of trustees. I was going to run on a very simple platform of fiscal responsibility that I think would have been very attractive to a good portion of voters.

Anyway... there are probably about 4.9 billion adults on Earth. How many of them do you think qualify to stand for election to the Wikimedia Foundation board? Is it safe to say that the Wikimedia Foundation's public election of trustees -- as a prerequisite -- excludes more than 99.9% of the globe's adult population?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)