FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
MBisanz: You're soooooooo vain! -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MBisanz: You're soooooooo vain!
Rating  1
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

Even by wacky Wiki standards, Oppose #1 is a lulu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req.../MBisanz#Oppose

After reading this, I can't help but envision MBisanz primping at the mirror while wondering which tight t-shirt to slip into for the day's strutting.

Oh, you malignant narcissist! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
One

Postmaster General

Group: Contributors

Yeah "malignant" narcissism is a strange reason, but Martinp seems to have a problem with MBisanz' response to the rare extension of time that happened in the Cla68 RFA. MBisanz' comments were thus:
Confused, I would rather a checkuser or arb handled the concern quickly than extending an otherwise passing RFA

I think that "confused" is the least I could say about extending an RFA in order for parties to conduct an unverified smear campaign. MBisanz would rather ask a checkuser to determine whether scandalous claims plausible before extending the vote. Good for him.

This post has been edited by One:
+Quote Post
Nerd

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 11,945

This is Keepscases (T-C-L-K-R-D) , who has an RFC open for his disruptive edits on RFA. Who does this remind people of?

This post has been edited by Nerd:
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Nerd @ Tue 11th August 2009, 10:58am) *

This is Keepscases (T-C-L-K-R-D) , who has an RFC open for his disruptive edits on RFA. Who does this remind people of?

Keepy is only in RfC because an attempt to get him topic banned at AN was a fiasco. Hey, the drama-go-round never stops. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif)

+Quote Post
Nerd

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 11th August 2009, 4:15pm) *

Keepy is only in RfC because an attempt to get him topic banned at AN was a fiasco. Hey, the drama-go-round never stops. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif)

If Keepscases didn't keep up his nonsense on RFA, there'd be no need... oh what's the use, no one will be interested.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Nerd @ Tue 11th August 2009, 11:24am) *

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 11th August 2009, 4:15pm) *

If Keepscases didn't keep up his nonsense on RFA, there'd be no need... oh what's the use, no one will be interested.

Indeed...then we'd have nothing to do but look admiringly at those dozens and dozens of MBisanz photos. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
dtobias

Obsessive trolling idiot [per JzG]

Member No.: 962

"Bisanz" sounds like a combination of "business" and "science".
+Quote Post
Sarcasticidealist

Head exploded.

Member No.: 4,536

QUOTE(dtobias @ Tue 11th August 2009, 12:41pm) *
That is the single most edifying thing I have ever read.
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

QUOTE(Nerd @ Tue 11th August 2009, 3:58pm) *

I dunno... you?
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

So, this leads to the most obvious question for MBisanz: what's with all of those pictures of you? It looks like you're the most photographed man this side of Robert Pattinson -- how does it feel to be the center of the shutterbugs' focus? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

This is all very amusing. But his bureaucrat election seems to be foregone.
Right now, 156 for (including the very worst of admin assholes, nice work Matt,
all those years of butt-snorkeling really paid off!!) and only 5 opposes.

So, narcissists vote for other narcissists. Big whoop.
+Quote Post
Achromatic

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 4,185

My personal favorite was the "Juris Doctor, Georgetown, 2012 (Expected)".

If I saw this in a resume, and you were anything more than a term away from graduation (let alone 3 damn years), I'd laugh, and throw your resume out.

"Currently studying". Yes. "In progress". Sure.

Not "Expected".

I can see "Expected" being written/sniffed haughtily while looking down the nose.

Apparently MBisanz feels that Georgetown's JD program is unchallenging, a moot point, a fait accompli. Perhaps he could express that to his professors and see if they could do something about it?
+Quote Post
tarantino

the Dude abides

Matt's also a new member of the Wikimedia Foundation audit committee.
Matt was founding treasurer of the Wikimedia New York chapter and is an administrator on the English Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons (User:MBisanz). His past experience includes exempt organization tax compliance with a Big Four accounting firm and federal grants reporting compliance in an educational setting. He holds an MBA in accounting from Hofstra University and a graduate certificate in strategy and leadership from NYU.

+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Achromatic @ Tue 11th August 2009, 6:38pm) *

Apparently MBisanz feels that Georgetown's JD program is unchallenging, a moot point, a fait accompli. Perhaps he could express that to his professors and see if they could do something about it?

He also may want to consider taking some courses at the Fashion Institute of Technology. It looks like he is making his clothing out of late 1960s wallpaper. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)

This post has been edited by A Horse With No Name:
+Quote Post
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Tue 11th August 2009, 12:14pm) *

QUOTE(dtobias @ Tue 11th August 2009, 12:41pm) *
That is the single most edifying thing I have ever read.

I thought it was an attempt to show that he could "get down wit da homeboys" and that he wasn't white and nerdy? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif)

"Bisanz my Nisanz" or whatever the strange, young people say today. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/confused.gif)
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Achromatic @ Tue 11th August 2009, 3:38pm) *

If I saw this in a resume, and you were anything more than a term away from graduation (let alone 3 damn years), I'd laugh, and throw your resume out.

"Currently studying". Yes. "In progress". Sure.

Not "Expected".

I can see "Expected" being written/sniffed haughtily while looking down the nose.

And after this is mooted about, perhaps a moot trial in moot court would be in order?

There's still the "Passed Examination and Admitted Before Bar (expected 2012)" (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif) Ah, the Faith of the Young in their Destiny. Is it not pure and wonderful?

I think Cool Hand Luke is expecting, too, but is a bit further along in gestation. Although another Scientology Arbcom case may frighten him into a miscarriage. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Kelly Martin

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Member No.: 6,696

QUOTE(Achromatic @ Tue 11th August 2009, 5:38pm) *

Especially since that timing means he's merely been admitted. Law school in the US is a three year deal, so if he's "expected" in 2012 it means he matriculates in 2009. I'm pretty certain that Georgetown only matriculates new students once a year, and that hasn't happened yet for 2009. Should be in a few weeks.

It's technically improper for him to claim to have attended a school that he has merely only been admitted to. Given that most first-division law schools have first-year fail rates in the 30% to 60% range, I'd say it's highly optimistic of him to predict graduation quite so soon.

Caveat: Some schools have early summer programs, and there are a handful of four-year programs for specialty degrees. However, it's unlikely either of these applies to our dear friend here.
+Quote Post
Sarcasticidealist

Head exploded.

Member No.: 4,536

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Tue 11th August 2009, 9:25pm) *
It's technically improper for him to claim to have attended a school that he has merely only been admitted to. Given that most first-division law schools have first-year fail rates in the 30% to 60% range...
Jesus, really? That's nuts. I'm estimating, but I'm virtually certain that no Canadian law school has a first year failure rate higher than 10%. Do those figures include people who drop out, possibly because they would have to repeat classes?

And for whatever it's worth, putting expected graduation dates on resumes is certainly the norm up here; I'd be surprised if the culture was any different in the States.
+Quote Post
Nerd

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(tarantino @ Wed 12th August 2009, 12:01am) *

Matt's also a new member of the Wikimedia Foundation audit committee.
Matt was founding treasurer of the Wikimedia New York chapter and is an administrator on the English Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons (User:MBisanz). His past experience includes exempt organization tax compliance with a Big Four accounting firm and federal grants reporting compliance in an educational setting. He holds an MBA in accounting from Hofstra University and a graduate certificate in strategy and leadership from NYU.

Ooh, should we be grovelling or something? He really is Wikipedia's everyman! Is there anything MBisanz hasn't done on Wikipedia?
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Wed 12th August 2009, 12:25am) *

QUOTE(Achromatic @ Tue 11th August 2009, 5:38pm) *

Especially since that timing means he's merely been admitted. Law school in the US is a three year deal, so if he's "expected" in 2012 it means he matriculates in 2009. I'm pretty certain that Georgetown only matriculates new students once a year, and that hasn't happened yet for 2009. Should be in a few weeks.

It's technically improper for him to claim to have attended a school that he has merely only been admitted to. Given that most first-division law schools have first-year fail rates in the 30% to 60% range, I'd say it's highly optimistic of him to predict graduation quite so soon.

Caveat: Some schools have early summer programs, and there are a handful of four-year programs for specialty degrees. However, it's unlikely either of these applies to our dear friend here.

If someone said on their resume, "Currently attending Georgetown law school, projected graduation date of September 2012" I would know that they had barely started, and I would ask them about it in the interview to see if they had actually started attending classes yet and if they were sure that they could work full time and still finish law school in three years.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)