FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
RMHED -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RMHED, Going, going, gone?
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

Best retirement notice ever?

Goodbye Wikipedia.Oh and Aitias you really are an arsehole.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

Not hardly! Besides, they've deleted RMHED (T-C-L-K-R-D) 's user page, so we can't even verify this.
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Somey @ Thu 26th February 2009, 2:53am) *

Not hardly! Besides, they've deleted RMHED (T-C-L-K-R-D) 's user page, so we can't even verify this.

It was on his talk page, not his user page. His user page was deleted at his request as one of the first signs of impending meltdown, along with putting a banner at the top of his talk page reading "GO AWAY".
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Wed 25th February 2009, 9:09pm) *
It was on his talk page, not his user page. His user page was deleted at his request as one of the first signs of impending meltdown, along with putting a banner at the top of his talk page reading "GO AWAY".

At the moment, it says "The End Is Nigh"...

It still doesn't look particularly unusual, though. And it just happened, so hardly worth mentioning at this stage - most of the established users who do this are back within a week, sometimes within a day or two. And they've learned nothing in the meantime, unfortunately.

I don't mean to seem dismissive, though... Is there anything special or unusual about this situation that doesn't appear at first glance? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
Sarcasticidealist

Head exploded.

Member No.: 4,536

Unusual? Well, RMHED was an Arb Comm candidate, so he's of at least slight interest, I'd think. He also tried, in his way, to address the BLP problem (by sticking PRODs on dozens or hundreds of unreferenced BLPs). But I think his departure's probably been a while in coming.
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Wed 25th February 2009, 7:23pm) *

Unusual? Well, RMHED was an Arb Comm candidate, so he's of at least slight interest, I'd think. He also tried, in his way, to address the BLP problem (by sticking PRODs on dozens or hundreds of unreferenced BLPs). But I think his departure's probably been a while in coming.

He's on a vandalism spree right now and from the looks of things, has now got himself blocked. He's gone on to cycle out his IP address to vandalize articles with the 'ARSEHOLE' comment. Mega-burnout (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/confused.gif)
+Quote Post
Anonymous editor

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Wed 25th February 2009, 10:23pm) *

I do agree. He's been showing signs of instability for quite some time and the flameout honestly took longer than I had expected.
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE(Alison @ Wed 25th February 2009, 10:41pm) *

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Wed 25th February 2009, 7:23pm) *

He's on a vandalism spree right now and from the looks of things, has now got himself blocked. He's gone on to cycle out his IP address to vandalize articles with the 'ARSEHOLE' comment. Mega-burnout (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/confused.gif)

Way Out Here (WOH), We Call That —

Ω Ω Ω The Dickness Before The Dawn ☼ ☼ ☼

J☼N
+Quote Post
The Wales Hunter

Hackenslasher

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Thu 26th February 2009, 3:23am) *

Standing for Arbcom is, arguably, one technique used by those who have realised they can't change the system and just want to make as public a comment - "inWiki" - as they can before giving up entirely.

Perhaps.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

And now, he'll be tagged forever as a "problem", by assorted officious little slimes.
After THEY made his life miserable.

This is becoming at least a weekly occurrence.

It's what those little fuckers excel at--
driving otherwise good people crazy.

And btw, this is not a "sickening joke". Appropriate, if anything.

Anyone familiar with this Aitias (T-C-L-K-R-D) person? Looks like yet another
block-revert machine who contributes almost nothing, and ignores criticisms.
(Or stabs the criticizer in the back.)

RMHED just called me an arsehole. Could someone please extend the block accordingly? Thanks. — Aitias // discussion 02:27, 26 February 2009 (UTC)

(Starting to get the feeling that Aitias IS, in fact, an arsehole....)
+Quote Post
Wikileaker

Group: Contributors

If Aitias isn't a child, he certainly behaves like one all the time.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

RMHED just called me an arsehole. Could someone please extend the block accordingly? Thanks. — Aitias // discussion 02:27, 26 February 2009 (UTC)

Just once I want to see somebody feel free to say: "Well, son, that depends entirely upon whether or not he is making a WP:V statement..."
+Quote Post
SmashTheState

Yeah, I noticed that:

Off-wiki harassment by User:EricBarbour

I just saw this edit from User:EricBarbour at RMHED's talk page inviting RMHED to participate in a off-wiki discussion here [link to this thread]. In this discussion User:EricBarbour wrote: “(Starting to get the feeling that Aitias IS, in fact, an arsehole....)”. I won't take action here myself, but nevertheless I'd like to ask whether this kind of off-wiki harassment is deemed acceptable. — Aitias // discussion 04:55, 26 February 2009

"Boo hoo hoo, the bad mans are saying insulting and perfectly true things about me!"

Why on Earth is he crying to people on Wikipedia about what's being written about him here? Does he think Jimbo can wave his magic fasces and punish all the wrong-doers? What the hell does he expect a bunch of pimply Wikipedia factotums to do about it? These people really do have a total lack of perspective and social skills, don't they?

RMHED was one of the few people to dare to defy the groupthink of the Wikistocracy when I was indefinitely blocked by JzG, and it annoys me to see him being fed into Jimbo's woodchipper.

This post has been edited by SmashTheState:
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

On second thought...........he's DEFINITELY an arsehole. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

I was quite impressed by this "RMHED" character and his answers to questions when he ran for that election recently.

QUOTE(RMHED)
A. I'm all in favour of an Opt Out of the marginally notable, or to be clearer, anybody not in a traditional paper encyclopedia of one kind or another should be allowed to Opt Out of Wikipedia.
A. Yes to that, the sooner a non consensus BLP AfD is a default delete the better IMO.

A. I'd try to pressure the Foundation into taking an OFFICE action of semi protecting all BLP's and introducing Flaged Revisions. This stuff is too important to be left to consensus, trying to get a consensus for any major change on Wikipedia is nigh on impossible these days.

At least he has the right idea and priorities.
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Kato @ Thu 26th February 2009, 1:21am) *
At least he has the right idea and priorities.

He does seem like quite a decent fellow, actually. It's a good thing I didn't say anything particularly disparaging about him earlier on in the thread! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)

If he's already a WR member, I have no idea which one of us he is...
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 25th February 2009, 11:27pm) *

He does seem like quite a decent fellow

Seemed.

Now, he's a demon from Wiki-hell Who Must Be Destroyed.

Does he think Jimbo can wave his magic fasces and punish all the wrong-doers?

Yes, he does, in fact.
Jimbo has a mysterious magical power over pimply nerds.....
+Quote Post
jd turk

Good grief, what a mess and a waste of time. Childishness abounds, and am I correct that Aitias is an admin?

It's like a ready-made billboard for why Wikipedia is a waste of time. At any given point, a discussion between two people the WP community trusts (one of whom can apparently block people) can degenerate into a schoolyard shoving match between two thirteen year-olds.
+Quote Post
maggot3

Aitias really is a moron. He was the first person to oppose flagged revisions in the vote, if that helps at all.

This post has been edited by maggot3:
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

QUOTE(maggot3 @ Thu 26th February 2009, 8:07am) *

Aitias really is a moron. He was the first person to oppose flagged revisions in the vote, if that helps at all.

Yes, Aitias seems to be a complete jerk. Take a look at this, where Aitias blocked RMHED back in December for ridiculous reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...0#December_2008
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)