FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Chase Me abandons ship -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Chase Me abandons ship
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

One more slot to fill in the ArbCom elections:
Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry standing down as an arbitrator
On Wednesday, I was accepted in a full-time job as the Office & Development Manager for Wikimedia UK. This is a permanent role based in London. As there is a potential conflict of interest between the two roles, especially with regard to Arbitration cases and ban appeals that involve UK Chapter members, the Wikimedia UK Board have asked me to step down in order to maintain complete transparency. I agree with their position. It is therefore with great regret that I am announcing my intention to stand down as an arbitrator on 31 December 2011. The Cavalry (Message me) 14:57, 24 November 2011 (UTC)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mbz1

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Thu 24th November 2011, 4:54pm) *

One more slot to fill in the ArbCom elections:
Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry standing down as an arbitrator
On Wednesday, I was accepted in a full-time job as the Office & Development Manager for Wikimedia UK. This is a permanent role based in London. As there is a potential conflict of interest between the two roles, especially with regard to Arbitration cases and ban appeals that involve UK Chapter members, the Wikimedia UK Board have asked me to step down in order to maintain complete transparency. I agree with their position. It is therefore with great regret that I am announcing my intention to stand down as an arbitrator on 31 December 2011. The Cavalry (Message me) 14:57, 24 November 2011 (UTC)

Ah, Chase, what a downgrade! From first being a Royal Navy officer (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif) , then holding even more exiting position of English wikipedia's arbitrator (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif) , you now got a very boring job with Wikimedia UK. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif)

BTW it is interesting that to step down of being an arbitrator was not Chase's own idea. He was asked to step down by Wikimedia UK Board.

This post has been edited by mbz1:
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

Member No.: 8,716

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Thu 24th November 2011, 6:13pm) *
BTW it is interesting that to step down of being an arbitrator was not Chase's own idea. He was asked to step down by Wikimedia UK Board.

That he had to be asked is indeed interesting.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Malleus @ Thu 24th November 2011, 3:00pm) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Thu 24th November 2011, 6:13pm) *
That he had to be asked is indeed interesting.

That they hired the little troll, and gave him a salary, is beyond disgusting.

I've looked at his edit patterns. He gets his rocks off blocking people, with the ever-popular
fake-checkuser claims. And he oversights some of them, to insure opacity.
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 25th November 2011, 12:32am) *

And he oversights some of them, to insure opacity.
Wow, I've never seen one of those before. No user contributions. What could the rationale possibly be? That Eladram's edits were so terrible that the community must be shielded from even seeing them?
+Quote Post
Detective

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Sat 26th November 2011, 5:04pm) *

Wow, I've never seen one of those before. No user contributions. What could the rationale possibly be? That Eladram's edits were so terrible that the community must be shielded from even seeing them?

Maybe that account never made any contributions but was identified solely from the IP used to create it.
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Detective @ Sun 27th November 2011, 11:39am) *

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Sat 26th November 2011, 5:04pm) *

Maybe that account never made any contributions but was identified solely from the IP used to create it.

That account appears to be just one of many created by a sockpuppet farmer and blocked by Chase Me. They had no edits because they had made no edits, not because anything had been oversighted.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)