FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
WP:V will always be flawed -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> WP:V will always be flawed, no matter how the open is worded
that one guy

Doesn't get it either.

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 5,935

First off, lets define "flawed". Flawed in this case will be open for gaming, lawyering, yadda yadda. That being said lets continue.

Lets look at the current wording, or the (in)famous "verifiability, not truth" line. The intent is to allow any content that is verifiable to be added. The truth value does not matter. So if an article in the news paper is verified to exist, the data in it can be added. Now what if the data is false? Well that's no matter cause it's verifiable.

Now lets pull out "not truth". Can we verify the data via sources? Yes we can, and the data can be added. Now is that data true? Nope, but we still can add it cause it's verified data. Truth value doesn't matter still believe it or not.

For the kicker, lets say it says "verifiability and truth". Now we have verified data. We add it. But it gets removed cause some guy says it's not true. Commence argument, edit wars, blah blah blah. Truth is in the eye of the beholder.

I know this is a very pessimistic view and probably flawed as well, but that's how I see things. I'm open to flames really (but please keep them civil and back them up), but that's my view.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
that one guy

Doesn't get it either.

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 5,935

Which arbcom case are you talking about here? I've only seen one involving you and it wasn't titled Abd-JzG.
+Quote Post
Abd

Postmaster

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 9,019

QUOTE(that one guy @ Tue 8th November 2011, 10:04am) *

Which arbcom case are you talking about here? I've only seen one involving you and it wasn't titled Abd-JzG.
Abd and JzG, sorry. Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/Abd and JzG
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)