FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Someone wants to interview SlimVirgin? -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Someone wants to interview SlimVirgin?
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

Just posted on Jimbo's talkpage:

Open Letter in re: Linda Mack (User:SlimVirgin)

Hello Mr. Wales,

I am an investigative journalist who has thoroughly researched the background of one of the main administrators of wikipedia, SlimVirgin. I am posting this message on this page, as I could not for some reason post on her message page. I have discovered the background of this user through senstive sources, and it appears this person was in fact an informant to British intelligence assets in the midst of the Lockerbie investigation. This seems to be a conflict of interest based on her editing of wikipedia.

I am contracted with COnde Nast Publishing for this piece, but I need to contact Ms. Mack directly, preferably via telephone or in person. Please advise how to proceed.

Regards,

Blair Sykes —Preceding unsigned comment added by Sykesmedia (talk • contribs) 00:01, 27 June 2010 (UTC)

And yet, Google shows no such journalist to exist.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zoloft

May we all find solace in our dreams.

Member No.: 16,621

It's the Mossad!
Run, Slim, run like the wind!
+Quote Post
Kevin

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 10,522

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 27th June 2010, 10:13am) *

Hello Mr. Wales,

I am an investigative journalist who has thoroughly researched the background of one of the main administrators of wikipedia, SlimVirgin. I am posting this message on this page, as I could not for some reason post on her message page. I have discovered the background of this user through senstive sources, and it appears this person was in fact an informant to British intelligence assets in the midst of the Lockerbie investigation. This seems to be a conflict of interest based on her editing of wikipedia.

I am contracted with COnde Nast Publishing for this piece, but I need to contact Ms. Mack directly, preferably via telephone or in person. Please advise how to proceed.

Regards,

Blair Sykes —Preceding unsigned comment added by Sykesmedia (talk • contribs) 00:01, 27 June 2010 (UTC)

There is an Andrew Sykes however who operates sykesmedia.com. Either way, Sykes need better PR to make it in media.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 26th June 2010, 5:13pm) *

Hello Mr. Wales,

Regards,

It will be interesting to see what happens to the message itself. I expect it will be oversighted, expunged, removed from WP history, etc.

That is, unless Jimbo just posts all her contact info for the guy. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

Clearly Der Troll. Guesses as to how long user:Sykesmedia lasts before being:

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/obliterate.gif)

[Later] Actually, I see no such message on Jimbo's talk page nor suggestion it was ever there in the history. The user's TALK page shows the message was posted, however: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Sykesmedia.

Wow, this oversight thing works without even showing anything EVER existed. Impressive.
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sat 26th June 2010, 11:16pm) *

Wow, this oversight thing works without even showing anything EVER existed. Impressive.

Like A Virgin (LAV)

Jon (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sat 26th June 2010, 8:42pm) *

Like A Virgin (LAV)

Indeed it is not unlike the famous perpetual virginity of The Blessed Virgin Mary. Nothing can phase the intactus of the various illusions on Wikipedia.
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 27th June 2010, 12:00am) *

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sat 26th June 2010, 8:42pm) *

Like A Virgin (LAV)

Indeed it is not unlike the famous perpetual virginity of The Blessed Virgin Mary. Nothing can phase the intactus of the various illusions on Wikipedia.

Cf. Lavo → Wiki-Pontius Pseudo-Innocence.

Jon (IMG:http://wikipediareview.com/stimg9x0b4fsr2/1/folder_post_icons/icon9.gif)
+Quote Post
Cock-up-over-conspiracy

Now censored by flckr.com and who else ... ???

What is it with Wikipedian culture that it is so full of "bottom wipers". you know what I mean ... people that go about wiping other people's bottoms to keep them "clean".

By "bottoms" here, I am really speaking about user talk pages. One might be having a perfectly civil or reasonable discussion ... or even exercising one's right to a heated dispute ... and then some bottom wiper who is not involved, knows nothing of the history, has no idea of right and wrong, does not know the subject ... comes along and licks it all off.

Here is a typical example with Risker doing the licking of Jimbo's butt. Needless to say, like the prison daddy he is, Jimmy Wales gets his butt licked lots ... Risker tossing the salad.

Of course, it upset and winds people up, waste other peoples time etc. Who the hell do they think they are butting into other people's business ... and how has such a culture of it grown up to be acceptable?

This post has been edited by Cock-up-over-conspiracy:
+Quote Post
CharlotteWebb

Postmaster General

Could be they expect collective punishment in the event something like that remains in place long enough for Jimbo to see it.
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Member No.: 275

Why do people keep doing things like this? Maybe if we all did this on a regular basis, like every few hours, it would stop being entertaining to them. In fact, the letter above could be used as standard "boilerplate":
Hello Mr. Wales,

I am a reporter and also a journalist and author and writer and TV personality and fried chicken salesman who has done extensive confidential and secret research on Wikipedia which is all original, I swear I never looked at any of the dozens of Wikipedia criticism sites out there and indeed have never heard of any of them. After all this extensive research it has come to my attention that many Wikipedians are very, very naughty! In my opinion they should all be severely chastised.

I am posting this message on this page, as I could not for some reason simply publish my findings in the extremely respectable publication(s) I claim to represent and/or work for without fussing about it here first. I have discovered that in addition to the aforementioned naughtiness, which I discovered all by myself through senstive sources (as opposed to sensitive sources, most of whom are too sensitive to be used as sources), it appears that everyone involved in Wikipedia is in fact teh ghey. This seems to be a conflict of interest, or at the very least, highly interesting to people such as myself and my vast legions of loyal readers, like my Mom, and sometimes my Aunt Carol.

I am working under contract for Shiny-Shine Touchless Car Wash and Tanning Salon for this piece, but it's essential that I contact all the females on Wikipedia directly, preferably in person, so that I can measure the sizes of their, uh, appendages. Please advise how to proceed.

Regards,

{Your SPA username here}

Whaddya think?
+Quote Post
Cock-up-over-conspiracy

Now censored by flckr.com and who else ... ???

QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 27th June 2010, 6:37am) *
Whaddya think?

I think that the men on the Wikipedia have the bigger boobs.
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Sun 27th June 2010, 1:40am) *
I think that the men on the Wikipedia have the bigger boobs.

Right, but I believe it's important that the people who post these things on Jimbo's talk page find that out "the hard way." (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wtf.gif)
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 26th June 2010, 11:37pm) *

Why do people keep doing things like this? Maybe if we all did this on a regular basis, like every few hours, it would stop being entertaining to them. In fact, the letter above could be used as standard "boilerplate":
Hello Mr. Wales,

I am a reporter and also a journalist and author and writer and TV personality and fried chicken salesman who has done extensive confidential and secret research on Wikipedia which is all original, I swear I never looked at any of the dozens of Wikipedia criticism sites out there and indeed have never heard of any of them. After all this extensive research it has come to my attention that many Wikipedians are very, very naughty! In my opinion they should all be severely chastised.

I am posting this message on this page, as I could not for some reason simply publish my findings in the extremely respectable publication(s) I claim to represent and/or work for without fussing about it here first. I have discovered that in addition to the aforementioned naughtiness, which I discovered all by myself through senstive sources (as opposed to sensitive sources, most of whom are too sensitive to be used as sources), it appears that everyone involved in Wikipedia is in fact teh ghey. This seems to be a conflict of interest, or at the very least, highly interesting to people such as myself and my vast legions of loyal readers, like my Mom, and sometimes my Aunt Carol.

I am working under contract for Shiny-Shine Touchless Car Wash and Tanning Salon for this piece, but it's essential that I contact all the females on Wikipedia directly, preferably in person, so that I can measure the sizes of their, uh, appendages. Please advise how to proceed.

Regards,

{Your SPA username here}

Whaddya think?

NOT until you bring us... a shrubbery.
+Quote Post
CharlotteWebb

Postmaster General

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 27th June 2010, 3:16am) *

[Later] Actually, I see no such message on Jimbo's talk page nor suggestion it was ever there in the history. The user's TALK page shows the message was posted, however: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Sykesmedia.

As of 2010-06-27 at 07:14 (UTC) it is still present:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=...27015&diff=prev
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Sun 27th June 2010, 12:14am) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 27th June 2010, 3:16am) *

I see it now. Dunno why it didn't show for me before. Perhaps I got the previous page.

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sat 26th June 2010, 8:16pm) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 26th June 2010, 5:13pm) *

Hello Mr. Wales,

Regards,

It will be interesting to see what happens to the message itself. I expect it will be oversighted, expunged, removed from WP history, etc.

That is, unless Jimbo just posts all her contact info for the guy. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

Clearly Der Troll. Guesses as to how long user:Sykesmedia lasts before being:

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/obliterate.gif)

Even later: no, I'm on the right page history finally. Risker fixed it.
+Quote Post
ulsterman

Group: Inactive

QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Sun 27th June 2010, 8:14am) *

It was removed by our good friend Risker at 00:24, 27 June 2010, having been there for all of 23 minutes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=370329363

Oddly, it was someone else, admin Shirik, who posted to his talp page at 00:29 (things move fast in Wikiworld):

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&action=history

My limited knowledge of Shirik suggest's he's a sensible enough fellow, which no doubt is why he didn't ban the chap.
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Sun 27th June 2010, 1:10am) *

What is it with Wikipedian culture that it is so full of "bottom wipers". you know what I mean … people that go about wiping other people's bottoms to keep them "clean".

By "bottoms" here, I am really speaking about user talk pages. One might be having a perfectly civil or reasonable discussion … or even exercising one's right to a heated dispute … and then some bottom wiper who is not involved, knows nothing of the history, has no idea of right and wrong, does not know the subject … comes along and licks it all off.

Here is a typical example with Risker doing the licking of Jimbo's butt. Needless to say, like the prison daddy he is, Jimmy Wales gets his butt licked lots … Risker tossing the salad.

Of course, it upset and winds people up, waste other peoples time etc. Who the hell do they think they are butting into other people's business … and how has such a culture of it grown up to be acceptable?

See “The Cult of Mister WPple”

Jon (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

Group: Contributors

Moderators, can this be merged into the already open thread on Slim Virgin?

Now, as a response: Risker is not doing anything pro Jimbo. She could be said to be doing something pro Slim Virgin. I could see how you would confuse the two (as many say Slim Virgin is close to Jimbo). But you have to remember - Risker's closest person on Wiki is probably Bishonen, and we both know that Bishonen and Jimbo don't mix.

Furthermore, many people on WR would dismiss the Slim Virgin is CIA stuff simply because it would make Slim Virgin seem 1. able to hold a job, 2. able to be trusted by anyone, 3. competent enough to wake up and leave the house, etc., all stuff that most of the WR could not believe possible with her. However, since angry attacks seem to be able to mix with any other angry attack even though they are logically incompatible, it is possible that they feel she is CIA and the above.

I think she is just a normal person who may be too interested with Israel related stuff, but there are plenty of those around.
+Quote Post
CharlotteWebb

Postmaster General

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sun 27th June 2010, 2:44pm) *

However, since angry attacks seem to be able to mix with any other angry attack even though they are logically incompatible…

Ding ding ding. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/bash.gif)

That is is the real reason WR mods still allow you to post, and I'm surprised you just now figured it out. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sun 27th June 2010, 9:44am) *
Moderators, can this be merged into the already open thread on Slim Virgin?

Yes indeed! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

I'm tempted to put this thread somewhere else, like the tar-pit, since I'm about 99.99999 percent certain that this "Blair Sykes" person doesn't exist (or at least isn't who/what he says he is). Either way, people who do this sort of thing should at least have the decency to not pretend they "researched" this stuff on their own, when in fact any idiot can do a simple Google search to find this stuff out.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)