Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The TimidGuy case, aye, there's the rub
It's the blimp, Frank
post Tue 28th February 2012, 8:33pm
Post #121

Über Member

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 82

One thing I've noticed is that while all these other big-name cabal people are getting sanctioned, you don't hear anything about SlimVirgin. But she's still in there, keeping watch over "Animal Rights" and her other projects. She is very slick.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tarc
post Tue 28th February 2012, 8:39pm
Post #122

Fat Cat

Member No.: 5,309

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Tue 28th February 2012, 3:33pm) *

One thing I've noticed is that while all these other big-name cabal people are getting sanctioned, you don't hear anything about SlimVirgin. But she's still in there, keeping watch over "Animal Rights" and her other projects. She is very slick.

What helped SV was reducing her presence in the I-P battleground, I think she saw the writing on that wall when Jayjg got slapped down a few years ago.
+Quote Post
Daniel Brandt
post Tue 28th February 2012, 9:06pm
Post #123

Postmaster

Member No.: 77

No one should forget his smiling face. He'll Be Back, somehow, someday. You can change your socks, but not your face.

+Quote Post
Vigilant
post Tue 28th February 2012, 9:18pm
Post #124

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 8,684

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Tue 28th February 2012, 9:06pm) *

No one should forget his smiling face. He'll Be Back, somehow, someday. You can change your socks, but not your face.

What is it with gay people and wikipedia and the whole victim culture?
Outing committee? Really?

Do these gay people on wikipedia have no other subjects in their lives but that they are gay?
The gay people I know are people with rich lives who happen to be gay, not gays who are gay and gay and omg gay and omg homophobia with no other aspects to their lives...

So weird.
+Quote Post
Text
post Tue 28th February 2012, 9:33pm
Post #125

Member No.: 15,107

There is a large base of LGBT people at Livejournal and surely there was one at Usenet in the past, they just moved to the more "mainstream" sites like Wikipedia to insert their data which portrays the LGBT phenomenon in a more favorable light. By pushing their agenda they can feel good about themselves.

I assume there was a large base of Everything Imaginable at Usenet and earlier bulletin boards, they all moved to better softwares and more "mainstreasm" sites as time passed.
+Quote Post
Tarc
post Tue 28th February 2012, 10:35pm
Post #126

Fat Cat

Member No.: 5,309

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Vigilant @ Tue 28th February 2012, 4:18pm) *

Seeing how homosexuality was still technically a criminal offense as recently as 2003 in some US states, feeling like victims isn't such a far-fetched concept. The problem is those that take it way way to far and demand prominence of everything and anything LGBT-related. The gay bathhouse regulars atricle, the small-s santorum bullshit,and the attempts to add a gratuitous sex act description to "Crisco" of all things for example.
+Quote Post
DanMurphy
post Tue 28th February 2012, 10:44pm
Post #127

Member No.: 73,922

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Uhm, If I'm reading that thing right, he's deeply involved in the Sierra Club. I think "outing" in that context is a noun, meaning "a camping trip." (Or maybe I'm dumber than usual today).
+Quote Post
lilburne
post Tue 28th February 2012, 10:56pm
Post #128

Chameleon

Member No.: 21,803

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(DanMurphy @ Tue 28th February 2012, 10:44pm) *

Uhm, If I'm reading that thing right, he's deeply involved in the Sierra Club. I think "outing" in that context is a noun, meaning "a camping trip." (Or maybe I'm dumber than usual today).

Some one is feeding the WR victimisation meme.
+Quote Post
Vigilant
post Tue 28th February 2012, 11:03pm
Post #129

Member No.: 8,684

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(DanMurphy @ Tue 28th February 2012, 10:44pm) *

Nope. That's me being an idiot. Sorry, folks.

The broader point is still strange to me. Why do the most visible gay people on wikipedia have such a fixation on just how gay they are?

I do get the discrimination angle and I am ashamed that California voted for the spiteful Proposition 8. A true civil rights debacle, stripping away rights from a disfavored class. This piece of shit amendment is headed towards the trash heap of history.

Things are getting better for gays, generally, in this particular decade(no more Don't Ask, Don't tell, gay marriage has much higher acceptance than before and will likely be approved in many states soon, etc)

I don't think it's all that healthy for people to be so fixated on who they have sex with to the exclusion of all else. I'm looking at you, Ashley van Haefton...

This post has been edited by Vigilant: Tue 28th February 2012, 11:04pm
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky
post Tue 28th February 2012, 11:04pm
Post #130

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(DanMurphy @ Tue 28th February 2012, 2:44pm) *

I like to think that it's an intentional pun. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Daniel Brandt
post Tue 28th February 2012, 11:13pm
Post #131

Postmaster

Member No.: 77

QUOTE(DanMurphy @ Tue 28th February 2012, 4:44pm) *

You are right. Leave it to a real journalist like Mr. Murphy to apply a bit of non-cyberspace street sense. The article from Southern Sierran, Nov/Dec 2004 went on to say:
The Angeles Chapter's outings program, started in 1911, has always been more than a source of recreation, exercise, and companionship. It has also been the source of many thousands of conservation activists who have gone from the mountains to the boardrooms and council chambers to fight for the preservation of the nature they have grown to love.

+Quote Post
TungstenCarbide
post Tue 28th February 2012, 11:22pm
Post #132

Allegedly shot down by stray Ukrainian missile

Member No.: 10,787

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Vigilant @ Tue 28th February 2012, 11:03pm) *
The broader point is still strange to me. Why do the most visible gay people on wikipedia have such a fixation on just how gay they are?

I don't think it's strange at all. Gay people still get fired, rejected, beaten up and killed for who they are. If you lived your life under that how do you think it would affect your actions?
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th 11 17, 9:01pm