FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Jimbo's financial irregularities? -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Jimbo's financial irregularities?, merged with "WMF finances"
dogbiscuit

Could you run through Verifiability not Truth once more?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,015

In amongst the tittle-tattle, there have been some bits and pieces popping out about how Jimbo has been misusing WMF funds and failing to keep proper account of his spending. It is rather reminiscent of that felon employee and the "no money is missing, but if it is, I'll pay it back myself" approach.

It would be a shame to have the proper exposure of these serious, potentially criminal activities covered up by Jimbo's mid-life crisis. What do we have courtesy of Danny?
  • WMF funding private expenses of Jimbo without any apparent control of his expenditure in advance.
  • Jimbo reimbursing inappropriate expenditure via a donation rather than a direct payment.
  • The suggestion that the reimbursement value was negotiated, rather than properly backed up by receipts. If this is the case, was the WMF in reality properly reimbursed?
  • If there have been substantial amounts ($30,000) owning for several months, then surely a charity should be reimbursed for the interest lost due to offering unauthorised free loans. These are not trivial amounts of money, and Jimbo should be repaying several thousand dollars for this.
  • We are also aware that Wikia Inc activities have been performed while Jimbo is on tour financed by WMF. How has Wikia Inc. reimbursed the WMF for its proportion of the costs?
  • I'm not sure of his point, but Danny seems to suggest that some payments that Jimbo took (honorariums), rightly belonged to the WMF - the "gold washing machine".
I think if I was the auditor of the WMF, I'd be rather nervous of my professional standing. We are told, by Jimbo, that all these indiscretions are in the past, but as the auditing process did not make these issues public, did not qualify the accounts or bring these to the attention of the public, we simply wonder what other issues are lurking to be found out. Jimbo does not have any moral concerns about abusing the charity status of the WMF, as he does not generally seem to be troubled by morals.

I should think Jimbo will have a busy couple of days getting his expense claims squeaky clean. once he has finished dealing with his other dirty laundry.

I'm pretty sure that in the UK the charity commission would be breathing all over him by now. Time for Jimbo to step down from WMF.

This post has been edited by dogbiscuit:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)