FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Ramsey Clark -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Discussions in this subforum are hidden from search engines.

However, they are not hidden from automobile engines, including the newer, more "environmentally-friendly" electric and hybrid engines. Also, please note that this subforum is meant to be used for discussion of the actual biographical articles themselves; more generalized discussions of BLP policy should be posted in the General Discussion or Bureaucracy forums.

> Ramsey Clark
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

I was enjoying the battle between Will Beback and assorted other editors at Talk:Lyndon LaRouche. Since Clark, who approached LaRouche at the time of his trial and asked to be his attorney, maintains that LaRouche was the target of a political prosecution, Will is obliged to argue that Clark has "a poor grasp of the federal justice system, or at least of the right standards for justice and legal activity." A reference to Clark's obviously non-notable opinion was removed from the lead in this stealth edit by SlimVirgin on March 23. Will is defending this action on the grounds that the reference was added by my purported legions of socks four years ago, and was only recently noticed by Slim 'n' Will. That, and the fact that Clark has a poor grasp of the federal justice system.

All this is by way of introduction. I admire Clark, without necessarily agreeing with him, because he seeks out political trials with no ideological filter -- he has defended left-wingers, right-wingers, you name it. In my view, this is admirable, but generally, it means he pisses off people of all persuasions. So, let's take a look at his BLP.
William Ramsey Clark (born December 18, 1927) is an American lawyer and former United States Attorney General. He worked for the U.S. Department of Justice, which included service as United States Attorney General from 1967 to 1969, under President Lyndon B. Johnson. Decades later, he was a defense attorney for Slobodan Milosevic and Saddam Hussein.

That's the lead. No mention of the fact that he authored the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and Civil Rights Act of 1968 (although that is mentioned in the article.) He's notable for defending Slobodan Milosevic and Saddam Hussein, two cases that were cherry-picked out of dozens in order to make him look bad. This is typical Wikipedia crap.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)