FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Where oh where -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where oh where, Long see, no time
Grep

Group: Contributors

What on earth has happened to Elonka? She took a sudden Wikibreak on the 20th February, going cold turkey after being a 40-a-day woman trying to solve the Middle East problem all by herself. It seems odd that having achieved her goal of Arcbom-santioned unlimited power (as an "uninvolved" admin) in some of her favourite stamping grounds, she should suddenly give it all up.

Could it be that real life has finally caught up with her too? Was she actually laid off by Simutronics in their recent round of cutbacks? That would be a scurvy return for all her hard COI work as "General Manager of Online Community" boosting their vapourware in concert with her loyal staff. (BTW, any takers for replacing the term "admin" by "manager of online community"?)

In her absence, drama levels have been sadly in decline. BTW, did anyone notice the brief and inglorious career of User:IGDA, who rose and fell entirely during Elonka's absence? Obviously not a newcomer, equally obviously not the maestra herself, perhaps just a member of her fan club over-excited by the page at Elonka's Other Wiki where she coordinated an attempt to boost her fellow workers onto Wikipedia.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pwok

I can only hope she's lost her job and doesn't have time for Wikipedia anymore.
+Quote Post
Alex

Back from the dead

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(Pwok @ Fri 22nd May 2009, 11:17am) *

Surely losing your job would create more time for Wikipedia, not less.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

For that matter, whatever became of Lifebaka? There has been no input from that admin since February 12. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

QUOTE(Grep @ Mon 13th April 2009, 6:47am) *

Could it be that real life has finally caught up with her too? Was she actually laid off by Simutronics in their recent round of cutbacks? That would be a scurvy return for all her hard COI work as "General Manager of Online Community" boosting their vapourware in concert with her loyal staff. (BTW, any takers for replacing the term "admin" by "manager of online community"?)
Moderator's note: It appears that you have skated close to the line here, but not crossed it. Our posting rules don't permit the posting of info that would enable a stalker to locate his quarry, but in this case, you have posted just enough to identify COI (assuming that the info is correct.) Please don't post a map to her house or anything like that.
+Quote Post
Mathsci

Member No.: 11,217

In fact her wikibreak just ended three days ago.

She has been woken from her deep sleep by KillerChihuahau, a kind fairy who has given her friendly words of advice.

But it seems that in her sleep she has lost all memory of things past.
+Quote Post
Grep

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Fri 22nd May 2009, 3:51pm) *

Moderator's note: It appears that you have skated close to the line here, but not crossed it. Our posting rules don't permit the posting of info that would enable a stalker to locate his quarry, but in this case, you have posted just enough to identify COI (assuming that the info is correct.) Please don't post a map to her house or anything like that.

Guaranteed all from her ladyship's own user page or BLP. Glad to see that drama levels are already rising.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

QUOTE(Grep @ Fri 22nd May 2009, 2:15pm) *

Guaranteed all from her ladyship's own user page or BLP.
Roger that.

QUOTE(Mathsci @ Fri 22nd May 2009, 9:40am) *

She has been woken from her deep sleep by KillerChihuahau, a kind fairy who has given her friendly words of advice.
Touching. Category: Admins Open to Recall is an interesting read. Not surprisingly, it looks to me as if no admins whom we would likely regard as members of the Cabal are on the list, with the possible exception of Jersey Devil, who at one time was an aspirant.
+Quote Post
Grep

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 23rd May 2009, 1:44am) *

Category: Admins Open to Recall is an interesting read. Not surprisingly, it looks to me as if no admins whom we would likely regard as members of the Cabal are on the list, with the possible exception of Jersey Devil, who at one time was an aspirant.

Elonka's recall criteria are good for a laugh. Sudoku addicts can work out whether there are any circumstances, likely or unlikely, under which those criteria could actually be met.
+Quote Post
Guido den Broeder

QUOTE(Alex @ Fri 22nd May 2009, 12:42pm) *

QUOTE(Pwok @ Fri 22nd May 2009, 11:17am) *

Surely losing your job would create more time for Wikipedia, not less.

How naive. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Ahypori

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Fri 22nd May 2009, 5:44pm) *

QUOTE(Grep @ Fri 22nd May 2009, 2:15pm) *

Guaranteed all from her ladyship's own user page or BLP.
Roger that.

Touching. Category: Admins Open to Recall is an interesting read. Not surprisingly, it looks to me as if no admins whom we would likely regard as members of the Cabal are on the list, with the possible exception of Jersey Devil, who at one time was an aspirant.

I guess it's too much to assume that they've either all been desysopped or have rejected Cabalist Principles (oxymoron?) then? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
+Quote Post
Alex

Back from the dead

QUOTE(Grep @ Sat 23rd May 2009, 10:42pm) *

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 23rd May 2009, 1:44am) *

Category: Admins Open to Recall is an interesting read. Not surprisingly, it looks to me as if no admins whom we would likely regard as members of the Cabal are on the list, with the possible exception of Jersey Devil, who at one time was an aspirant.

Elonka's recall criteria are good for a laugh. Sudoku addicts can work out whether there are any circumstances, likely or unlikely, under which those criteria could actually be met.

I love the "Senior Wikipedians" section - are these editors somehow better than normal ones because they got a couple of titles attached to their name?

Also, related to recent events: "good standing" mentions no desysopped admins, but someone from ArbCom is a "senior editor". Which trumps the other one? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
CharlotteWebb

Postmaster General

QUOTE(Grep @ Sat 23rd May 2009, 9:42pm) *

I'm no seppuku addict but if I think her criteria are more straightforward than this esoteric nonsense.
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

Member No.: 8,716

QUOTE(Alex @ Sun 24th May 2009, 12:36am) *
Also, related to recent events: "good standing" mentions no desysopped admins, but someone from ArbCom is a "senior editor". Which trumps the other one? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

Elonka is apparently a woman; their brains are too small to accommodate two ideas simultaneously. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sun 24th May 2009, 12:36am) *

QUOTE(Alex @ Sun 24th May 2009, 12:36am) *

Elonka is apparently a woman; their brains are too small to accommodate two ideas simultaneously. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)

Nor men's, apparently, which is why they've been given two* (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

(* only one of which functions at any given time (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif) )
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

You are not funny. I am not laughing.
+Quote Post
CharlotteWebb

Postmaster General

QUOTE(Alison @ Sun 24th May 2009, 8:07am) *

(* only one of which functions at any given time (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif) )

You mean "no more than one of which", as this figure is often zero.
+Quote Post
Mathsci

Member No.: 11,217

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 24th May 2009, 9:29am) *

Should I care?
+Quote Post
Cedric

General Gato

Member No.: 1,116

QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Sun 24th May 2009, 2:23am) *

QUOTE(Grep @ Sat 23rd May 2009, 9:42pm) *

I'm no seppuku addict but if I think her criteria are more straightforward than this esoteric nonsense.

Yikes! Did he get FT2 to help him with that? Such a waste of time and effort. All he needed to say was this:

+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE(Mathsci @ Sun 24th May 2009, 6:05am) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 24th May 2009, 9:29am) *

She has been woken from her deep sleep by KillerChihuahua, a kind fairy who has given her friendly words of advice.

Should I care?

Moi? I'm sure laughing. This is a Real Contender™ for the Most Ironic Thing Ever Written On Wikipedia (MITEWOW) —

Hi, didn't know if you were aware of this: Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/Ryulong/Proposed decision#Ryulong desysopped. As he is the only Admin besides you I know of who was asked to step down under AOR who did not, perhaps there is a lesson there for you — those who have expressed concern about your methods and actions do so with concern for Wikipedia in mind, and not for any baseless or personal reason. You would do well to heed their advice and pay attention to their concerns, and modify your approach accordingly. Those who cause distress and concern to such a large group of established, reputable editors would do well to examine their own actions, because while the majority is not always right, when there are that many complaints, there are generally grounds for them and eventually this must be corrected, one way or the other. I hope you will consider this a helpful bit of advice, and cease your high-handed, dismissive way of simply ignoring or personalizing concerns brought to you about your actions and instead view the mass of criticism directed your way as an opportunity to improve. KillerChihuahua?!? 18:50, 18 May 2009 (UTC)

And that is saying a lot —

Ja Ja (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/boing.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)