Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ask the Leaker, Go ask Malice, I think he'll know
-DS-
post Wed 29th June 2011, 8:47am
Post #41

Ethernaut

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 39,458

Is there anything on the blocking of User:Bstone aka "0kmck4gmja " in early January 2010?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
melloden
post Wed 29th June 2011, 3:35pm
Post #42

Member No.: 34,482

More specifically to my last request, is there anything about the account named "Sophie" or "SophJ"? I'm interested in how much ArbCom knew other than he was a pedo.
+Quote Post
carbuncle
post Wed 29th June 2011, 3:42pm
Post #43

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 5,544

To echo some earlier requests, I would be interested in seeing any discussion related to the oft-discussed Haiduc. And Shankbone, just for laughs.

On an unrelated topic, an Arb emailed me on 6 July 2010 to warn me off taking action against an IP who was editing on Wikipedia talk:Child protection (found now in this archive). Although I was fairly sure at that time that it was Benjiboi (who at that point wasn't yet banned, although some of his socks had been blocked without linking them to his account) and said as much, I was told that a checkuser had been run by one of the Arbs and this was not the case. There is now no doubt that it was Benjiboi, so I am very curious about the discussion which took place at that time given that I was told "...the Committtee is well aware of the situation, even before you posted, and one of the members of the Committee did a comprehensive range check on the user...". The IP in question was 71.139.2.170 and any discussion would have occurred in the first week of July 2010.
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank
post Wed 29th June 2011, 4:23pm
Post #44

Über Member

Member No.: 82

Go ask Malice, when she's ten feet tall.
+Quote Post
Abd
post Wed 29th June 2011, 7:09pm
Post #45

Postmaster

Member No.: 9,019

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

I'd be interested in any mails relating to my cases before ArbComm and subsequent enforcement and clarification/amendment actions.

There is one particular matter which I do understand was discussed, Fritzpoll offered (more than once, actually) to mentor me, the first time was before his election as an arbitrator, the second time was after that election. Did any correspondence about this show up on the list?

(Fritzpoll had strong intentions of reform, but gave up rather rapidly with no public fuss. What happened?)

My sock, EnergyNeutral, was recently blocked by Coren as a checkuser block. How did Coren come to check this account, which wasn't being disruptive (though the Cold fusion topic ban was being violated), EnergyNeutral was making useful edits, accepted by consensus, and, though one editor obviously had a suspicion that EN wasn't a "new editor," no SSP report was filed.

Any mention of this?
+Quote Post
Craftyminion
post Wed 29th June 2011, 10:08pm
Post #46

Neophyte

Member No.: 13,484

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

I'd also be interested to know if the voluminous archives have anything on the egregious Off2riorob. What a knob.
+Quote Post
trenton
post Wed 29th June 2011, 10:40pm
Post #47

Member No.: 8,237

MaliceAforethought,

A lot of your posts are getting cut off due to the word limit on posts. Instead of one long post, could you make many smaller posts?

thx
+Quote Post
RMHED
post Wed 29th June 2011, 10:49pm
Post #48

Über Member

Member No.: 11,716

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Dear Malice,

Could you please stop, as I'm bored now.

Arbcom exposes are so yesterday.
+Quote Post
melloden
post Thu 30th June 2011, 2:27am
Post #49

Member No.: 34,482

QUOTE(trenton @ Wed 29th June 2011, 10:40pm) *

MaliceAforethought,

A lot of your posts are getting cut off due to the word limit on posts. Instead of one long post, could you make many smaller posts?

thx

Use pastebin, it's what all the cool kids are doing.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Thu 30th June 2011, 2:52am
Post #50

Known alias of J. Random Troll

Member No.: 5,156

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(RMHED @ Wed 29th June 2011, 3:49pm) *

Dear Malice,

Could you please stop, as I'm bored now.

Arbcom exposes are so yesterday.

Irony or not, I disagree. Arbcom is like so many human institutions. It feels no pain, it does not age, it cannot be killed by any reasonable means. The members are replaced but the thing continues.

All that is left for such a thing is embarassment. Which it does "feel" in a palid sort of way. Just like City Hall.

So continue with the only weapon that has any effect. Just for the Hell of It, since the thing is evil. You might not be able to kill it, but doing anything else would be to assent to It's actions.

+Quote Post
Peter Damian
post Thu 30th June 2011, 5:20pm
Post #51

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Member No.: 4,212

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Well I now have a copy of the famous 'anvil' email, sent in September 2008 (or something that purports to be it, I am trusting no one here). Now we need to roll forward to February 2010, when someone sent the email to someone on Arbcom, probably Cool Hand Luke. Is there anything in the archives for that date? It must surely have been discussed.

The contents of the email are horrifying, and I hope it is a forgery.
+Quote Post
Peter Damian
post Thu 30th June 2011, 6:27pm
Post #52

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Member No.: 4,212

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

I can now confirm that the entire Anvil email was published on the Arb mailing list some time in February 2010 - at the latest early March, and that there was correspondence about it. Also, FT2 is supposed to have mailed the list saying that the publication of the mail would put the committee in harm, that his tactics were necessary to help the project.

It would be very interesting to see that correspondence.

This post has been edited by Peter Damian: Thu 30th June 2011, 6:51pm
+Quote Post
Rhindle
post Thu 30th June 2011, 7:59pm
Post #53

Member No.: 6,834

These leaks are basically like declassified documents. It seems more for historical intrigue rather than anything earth-shattering. Perhaps something will come up that will be. The only thing that would interest me is if there were any cases where Jimbo played a major part or which arbs(past or present) are silent publicly but are very vocal behind the scenes. The former should be fairly easy to ascertain, the latter would take more time and don't know if I'm THAT interested in digging into but perhaps someone else might be.
+Quote Post
Abd
post Thu 30th June 2011, 8:09pm
Post #54

Postmaster

Member No.: 9,019

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Thu 30th June 2011, 2:27pm) *
I can now confirm that the entire Anvil email was published on the Arb mailing list some time in February 2010 - at the latest early March, and that there was correspondence about it. Also, FT2 is supposed to have mailed the list saying that the publication of the mail would put the committee in harm, that his tactics were necessary to help the project.

It would be very interesting to see that correspondence.
Of course, we could judge what FT2 is supposed to have said if we could see that mail. For this purpose, it is not necessary to know if the information in the mail, nor the mail, is "authentic."

(I have no idea what the "Anvil" mail is. But with this comment from Peter Damian, no lightweight, he, I do want to see it!)
+Quote Post
chrisoff
post Thu 30th June 2011, 8:28pm
Post #55

Member No.: 17,248

QUOTE(Craftyminion @ Mon 27th June 2011, 4:31am) *

I'd be interested to know the gory details of Ottava's wrangles with the Big Bad Arbs. Also anything about Sandy Georgia.

The arbs are in Sandy Georgia's pocket. They know the whole scam of "Featured articles" would collapse and fall without her bullying everyone into doing things his/her way.

+Quote Post
Kelly Martin
post Thu 30th June 2011, 8:29pm
Post #56

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Member No.: 6,696

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Thu 30th June 2011, 3:28pm) *
The arbs are in Sandy Georgia's pocket. They know the whole scam of "Featured articles" would collapse and fall without her bullying everyone into doing things his/her way.
Nice try, but no.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky
post Thu 30th June 2011, 9:20pm
Post #57

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Rhindle @ Thu 30th June 2011, 12:59pm) *

The only thing that would interest me is if there were any cases where Jimbo played a major part or which arbs(past or present) are silent publicly but are very vocal behind the scenes. The former should be fairly easy to ascertain, the latter would take more time and don't know if I'm THAT interested in digging into but perhaps someone else might be.
I was involved in numerous Arb Events back in the day, and I'm sure there must be a back-story which might be entertaining. For starters, this thread demonstrates that at least one arb (Iridescent) was fully cognizant of the whole racket being run by SlimVirgin and Will Beback, along with handmaidens such as Georgewilliamherbert. I am curious about any secret correspendence at the time of Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/Nobs01 and others (T-H-L-K-D), where I was placed on indefinite probation for the crime of suggesting that other respondents were being sanctioned in an inequitable manner. Here we see a Raul654 baleeting that embarrassing revelation. Slim 'n' Will managed, through adroit gaming of the system, to parlay that into a series of blocks, setting the stage for my eventual Community Ban by a community comprised of Will and JoshuaZ. So, any incriminating chatter from that period?
+Quote Post
thekohser
post Thu 30th June 2011, 9:45pm
Post #58

Member No.: 911

QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 28th June 2011, 10:43am) *

I doubt it, but if there is anything in there about the following individuals, I'd be interested in seeing:
  • Danny Wool
  • Carolyn Doran
  • Brad Patrick
  • Rand Montoya

Malice, when you don't respond, does that mean you haven't yet gotten to our requests, or does it mean that there was no information on the requested subject?

Keep these leaks coming -- don't let the turkeys get you down.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour
post Thu 30th June 2011, 10:11pm
Post #59

blah

Member No.: 5,066

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Thu 30th June 2011, 1:29pm) *

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Thu 30th June 2011, 3:28pm) *
Nice try, but no.

The ArBlubs are in their own pockets. Playing pocket pool, because no one will help them play. hrmph.gif
+Quote Post
MaliceAforethought
post Fri 1st July 2011, 12:07am
Post #60

u Mad?

Member No.: 57,801

Tarc - Anobody whinges about you and you've shown up because P/I socks edit your talk page.

Wikipeek - Avoiding CU? PM me.

Trenton - Working on the word limit problem. The forum's character count is buggered.
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th 10 17, 12:35pm