FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Did Tarc call the Wikipedia Review an "off-wiki website of dubious quality"? -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Did Tarc call the Wikipedia Review an "off-wiki website of dubious quality"?
mbz1

Group: Contributors

Today in response to tarc's trolling at the MFD, I brought up tarc's uncivil rant stated in August on wikipedia review. What followed surprised me. First tarc removed my note altogether, and then, when I added it back, tarc called the wikipedia review "off-wiki websites of dubious quality". (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

Dunno what the mods think of Tarc, but I put up with his WP fanboi-ism because he occasionally has something worthwhile to say.

And he makes a handy punching bag. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

(IMG:http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/julystar1993/funny%20bunny%20and%20other%20cartoons/RATS-ASS_DR.jpg)
+Quote Post
Kelly Martin

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Member No.: 6,696

Mods, please move this thread to wherever we move completely irrelevant garbage.
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Member No.: 275

I dunno, the way I read that, it sounds like he's saying the links themselves are of dubious quality, which I can attest to because I clicked on the link in question and it changed my view mode to "Outline."

Nevertheless, this is irrelevant garbage, all the same. No offense to Ms. (or is it Mr.?) Mbz1 though, who I'm sure was just trying to keep us "in the loop."
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 9th March 2011, 3:22am) *

I dunno, the way I read that, it sounds like he's saying the links themselves are of dubious quality, which I can attest to because I clicked on the link in question and it changed my view mode to "Outline."

Nevertheless, this is irrelevant garbage, all the same. No offense to Ms. (or is it Mr.?) Mbz1 though, who I'm sure was just trying to keep us "in the loop."

I assure you I feel no offense at all. There are some people that simply cannot offend me, tarc is one, you and everybody who called my post "irrelevant garbage" are the others, so no worries. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by mbz1:
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 8th March 2011, 9:57pm) *
I assure you I feel no offense at all. There are some people that simply cannot offend me, tarc is one, you and everybody who called my post "irrelevant garbage" are the others, so no worries. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)

Well, I meant "irrelevant garbage" in the nicest possible way, of course...

I mean, we don't generally object to people posting about minor incidents of poor or suspect behavior. It just helps when the incident is illustrative of a larger problem or trend, and this sort of isn't like that.

Based on what we've seen in the past, if Mr. Tarc thinks WR is unworthy in some way, it's presumably because we allow Mr. Victim (of Censorship) to post here, and he doesn't like Mr. Victim. I don't blame him for that, certainly - it's hard to imagine Mr. Victim not rubbing most people the wrong way.

It's just one of those things!
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 9th March 2011, 4:21am) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 8th March 2011, 9:57pm) *

Well, I meant "irrelevant garbage" in the nicest possible way, of course...

I mean, we don't generally object to people posting about minor incidents of poor or suspect behavior. It just helps when the incident is illustrative of a larger problem or trend, and this sort of isn't like that.

Based on what we've seen in the past, if Mr. Tarc thinks WR is unworthy in some way, it's presumably because we allow Mr. Victim (of Censorship) to post here, and he doesn't like Mr. Victim. I don't blame him for that, certainly - it's hard to imagine Mr. Victim not rubbing most people the wrong way.

It's just one of those things!

Fair enough. I am new here, so it is my learning process. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

I guess the mods have spoken. Welcome to the Annex craphole.
Don't forget to feed the Fat Man. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Wed 9th March 2011, 7:42am) *

I guess the mods have spoken. Welcome to the Annex craphole.
Don't forget to feed the Fat Man. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

Well, I definitely will not forget to feed the Fat Man with tarc and mods together. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 8th March 2011, 10:25pm) *

Today in response to tarc's trolling at the MFD, I brought up tarc's uncivil rant stated in August on wikipedia review. What followed surprised me. First tarc removed my note altogether, and then, when I added it back, tarc called the wikipedia review "off-wiki websites of dubious quality". (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)

Oh, Mila. I half-figured you'd run here like a little tattletale after I said that, but I rarely look in the Annex when I login here. Anyways...

Just as with the Wikipedia itself, there are both good and bad aspects of the Review. I admire their efforts to serve as a sort of meta-critique of the Wikipedia and especially its admins, and how they take BLP issues far more seriously than the average "I just saw it on CNN/TMZ so I must write an article on this person NOW" mental retardation. But they do tend to have a rather severe Jimbo obsession, a prudery when it comes to sexual images, and they give safe harbor to some of the worst trolls in existence, e.g. Joe Hazleton.

So, in short; what I may post on a two-bit place like this has little bearing elsewhere.

Btw, the topic I am "trolling" on is mbz trying to get a user's sub-page of accusations against her deleted. In other words, BAWWWW
+Quote Post
Malik Shabazz

Member No.: 25,765

The MfD closed as Keep, and I was counting down the minutes until Mbz started haranguing the closing admin (Gfoley4).

I was surprised it took her 38 minutes to begin her complaining. I expected a quicker response than that.
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Malik Shabazz @ Wed 16th March 2011, 12:25am) *
I was surprised it took her 38 minutes to begin her complaining. I expected a quicker response than that.

Kids these days... it's like they just don't care! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

Mila will soon console herself by making up some more stuff about Wagner, making evil Muslims analogies, or whining about everyone being mean to poor Israel.

This post has been edited by Tarc:
+Quote Post
dtobias

Obsessive trolling idiot [per JzG]

Member No.: 962

At least they're not trying to oversight all revisions that dare to link to WR, in the classic BADSITES manner.
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Tarc @ Wed 16th March 2011, 8:44am) *
...making evil Muslims analogies...

You're saying that Mbz1 (T-C-L-K-R-D) is also Marokwitz (T-C-L-K-R-D) ...? I see a similar POV of course, but other than that, it doesn't look super-likely.
+Quote Post
Obesity

I taste as good as skinny feels.

Member No.: 6,909

now THIS is what the Annex is all about. more threads like this, please.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Thank you for feeding the fat man. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

or whining about everyone being mean to poor Israel.

And thank you, Tarc, for posting that thoroughly disgusting AFD. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
If the annex is intended for things that belong on WP, that one fails--
because it belongs nowhere. What a massive load of vomit.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 16th March 2011, 5:05pm) *

QUOTE(Tarc @ Wed 16th March 2011, 8:44am) *
...making evil Muslims analogies...

You're saying that Mbz1 (T-C-L-K-R-D) is also Marokwitz (T-C-L-K-R-D) ...? I see a similar POV of course, but other than that, it doesn't look super-likely.

I have no idea who marokwitz is, I was just rattling off a few of mbz's more ridiculous AfD inputs. This one was simply "per Wikifan", which is lulzy all on its own.

This post has been edited by Tarc:
+Quote Post
mbz1

Actually tarc should not have even been here. I fed it to the fat man a few days ago. I guess tarc tasted so badly, and stank so disgusting that even the fat man was not able to swallow it. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by mbz1:
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)