FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Banglapedia CCI Finally Closed -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This subforum is for critical evaluation of Wikipedia articles. However, to reduce topic-bloat, please make note of exceptionally poor stubs, lists, and other less attention-worthy material in the Miscellaneous Grab Bag thread. Also, please be aware that agents of the Wikimedia Foundation might use your evaluations to improve the articles in question.

Useful Links: Featured Article CandidatesFeatured Article ReviewArticles for DeletionDeletion Review

> Banglapedia CCI Finally Closed
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

Group: Contributors

Right after I was banned, I posted publicly about Banglapedia being copied onto Wikipedia to a large extent. I contacted Arbitrators before my ban regularly and constantly asked for something to be done. As always Arbitrators want to do whatever they can to let such problems continue to exist while hindering those who fight against the systematic problem.

The CCI finally closed. It was massive, and probably one of the largest sets of plagiarism ever. Were the people punished? Of course not. They were rather prominent Wikipedians. This took 2 years, no one was punished, but hundreds of pages were cleaned.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)