FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Worst of the Wannabees -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Worst of the Wannabees
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

This refers

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Fri 1st January 2010, 4:18pm) *

Save the 'hasten the day' socks for the inevitable RFA of Coldplay Expert (T-C-L-K-R-D) , almost certainly the most slack-jawed and drooling of the current crop of wannabees.

I haven't really followed the careers of the newer ones climbing the ladder of success on Planet Wiki. Any suggestions for other would-be admins like 'Coldplay Expert' - examples of noxious and sick-making behaviour would be useful.

Perhaps we could draw up a shortlist for the WP:DICK awards.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Number Six

Group: Contributors

Coldplay's myspace talkpage buddy Thejadefalcon (T-C-L-K-R-D) takes runner up in the slack-jawed and drooling competition.
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

QUOTE(Number Six @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 3:38pm) *

Coldplay's myspace talkpage buddy Thejadefalcon (T-C-L-K-R-D) takes runner up in the slack-jawed and drooling competition.

Yes can we have some slack-jawed and drooly diffs please if possible to keep as amused.
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

Member No.: 8,716

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 9:29am) *

This refers

Save the 'hasten the day' socks for the inevitable RFA of Coldplay Expert (T-C-L-K-R-D) , almost certainly the most slack-jawed and drooling of the current crop of wannabees.

I haven't really followed the careers of the newer ones climbing the ladder of success on Planet Wiki. Any suggestions for other would-be admins like 'Coldplay Expert' - examples of noxious and sick-making behaviour would be useful.

Well, I found this self-centred saccharine nonsense quite vomit-inducing. "Oh no, I'll never be an admin now, I've lost all respect". How can you lose what you never had?

This post has been edited by Malleus:
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

I'm quite taken by the "This user knows that Nazi Germany is in no way assiciated with the real Germany" on CE's userpage. Presumably all the real Germans popped out to the shops, and when they weren't looking those sneaky imposters occupied Western Europe.
+Quote Post
cyofee

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 6:49pm) *

I'm quite taken by the "This user knows that Nazi Germany is in no way assiciated with the real Germany" on CE's userpage.

Maybe he just found out?
+Quote Post
everyking

Postmaster

He seems to be self-destructing due to some sockpuppetry allegation.
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 3:29am) *

Apparently, there's a script running under an account called Rick Bot (T-C-L-K-R-D) that maintains a page called Wikipedia:List of administrator hopefuls (T-H-L-K-D), though this isn't specifically mentioned on the Rick Bot user page. If I understand this correctly, any time a user places the "{{Template:User wikipedia/Administrator someday}}" userbox on his/her user page, the page gets added to Category:Wikipedia administrator hopefuls and this script adds the user to the list, and also checks for users who have had "successful" RfA's and places them in a separate part of the list - in the third (last) section. (Since the last section of the list has nobody in it, presumably one of the first things all newly-minted admins do is remove that "would like to be an admin someday" template from their user pages.)

Anyway, there aren't really a lot of familiar names on that list. I recognized Promethean (T-C-L-K-R-D) from a recent Malleus-related dust-up, and Moe Epsilon (T-C-L-K-R-D) , and of course the inevitable Razorflame (T-C-L-K-R-D) . I also remember Dendodge (T-C-L-K-R-D) , who was one of those who ran afoul of Mr. Friday's "oppose all minors" rule on RfA voting, and a couple others look sort of familiar... All in all, though, nobody really leaps out. That probably just means that the vast majority of wannabe admins have finally twigged to the "head-down, shut up, avoid controversy" route to WP adminship.
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(everyking @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 11:58am) *

He seems to be self-destructing due to some sockpuppetry allegation.

Come on, my star is fading, I swerve out of control
If I'd only waited, I'd not be stuck here in this hole
And I swear, I waited and waited...

But time is on your side, it's on your side now
Not pushing you down, and all around...

It's no cause for concern.

+Quote Post
Trick cyclist

Fortunately Denmark palmed Norway off to Sweden in 1814

Group: Inactive

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 5:49pm) *

I'm quite taken by the "This user knows that Nazi Germany is in no way assiciated with the real Germany" on CE's userpage. Presumably all the real Germans popped out to the shops, and when they weren't looking those sneaky imposters occupied Western Europe.

Perhaps he could explain then why there are former Nazis, involved in the occupation of Denmark, still living in Germany?

There is a story "The Groaning Hinges of the World" by R A Lafferty that suggests that every so often various places in the world such as Germany flip over and swap the people living there for subterranean people. Maybe hes read that story.
+Quote Post
Emperor

Postmaster

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 12:49pm) *

I was pretty unimpressed with him in a discussion on the WWII talk page. I get the feeling that he's just very young, and perhaps needs to read more books and go to school a bit longer. I don't think he's a bad kid, just out of his league (or in his league, if you consider the crowd he's running with).
+Quote Post
Juliancolton

QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 1:00pm) *

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 3:29am) *

Apparently, there's a script running under an account called Rick Bot (T-C-L-K-R-D) that maintains a page called Wikipedia:List of administrator hopefuls (T-H-L-K-D), though this isn't specifically mentioned on the Rick Bot user page. If I understand this correctly, any time a user places the "{{Template:User wikipedia/Administrator someday}}" userbox on his/her user page, the page gets added to Category:Wikipedia administrator hopefuls and this script adds the user to the list, and also checks for users who have had "successful" RfA's and places them in a separate part of the list - in the third (last) section. (Since the last section of the list has nobody in it, presumably one of the first things all newly-minted admins do is remove that "would like to be an admin someday" template from their user pages.)

Anyway, there aren't really a lot of familiar names on that list. I recognized Promethean (T-C-L-K-R-D) from a recent Malleus-related dust-up, and Moe Epsilon (T-C-L-K-R-D) , and of course the inevitable Razorflame (T-C-L-K-R-D) . I also remember Dendodge (T-C-L-K-R-D) , who was one of those who ran afoul of Mr. Friday's "oppose all minors" rule on RfA voting, and a couple others look sort of familiar... All in all, though, nobody really leaps out. That probably just means that the vast majority of wannabe admins have finally twigged to the "head-down, shut up, avoid controversy" route to WP adminship.

Dendodge was a shame. I nominated him... eight months ago? And it failed largely for age/maturity reasons. He's now a sysop on en.wikinews having passed RfA unanimously and hasn't had any issues.

I still think he would be an excellent admin on en.wiki, but I don't think he's very active anymore.
+Quote Post
SDJ

QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 1:00pm) *

I think I might just drop that template on my userpage, just to see what happens.
+Quote Post
Number Six

QUOTE(Number Six @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 3:38pm) *

Can do, easily, if anyone's really interested. Lotta time to dig through "i am nt wrthy" crap and varous kiss-assery. And since Coldplay's clearly the Princess...
+Quote Post
IShadowed

Neophyte

While working with {{helpme}}'s, one certainly runs across myspacers and newbies who have no clue what they were doing. However, I think we all forget sometimes to be patient... Of course I understand the difference between a newbie vandal, and a newbie myspacer, but I believe that many of us just become overwhelmed and begin biting.

Again, I'm not saying Coldplay Expert hasn't been on my nerves, and I was especially appalled regarding the barnstar entitled "The Helping Random Idiots Who Can't Use Wikipedia" , given to him/ her by one of his/ her myspacing friends. No calling newbies idiots... please.

This post has been edited by IShadowed:
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

Well, somebody hit a nerve. Quite why Malleus is the bad guy here, I'm not quite sure.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Fri 8th January 2010, 11:50am) *
Well, somebody hit a nerve. Quite why Malleus is the bad guy here, I'm not quite sure.

That is not "building an encyclopedia". That is shit.

I wonder how many broken articles could be fixed by those little children,
instead of wasting several hours on this "argument"?

Malleus, you'd better not give in to any of them, esp. not CE.

Have you seen what he posted on his userpage today?

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Fri 8th January 2010, 7:50pm) *

It's fashionable.

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 8th January 2010, 8:55pm) *

Malleus, you'd better not give in to any of them, esp. not CE.

As if. Yeah, I saw that earlier. What amuses me is that these planks get upset when they feel insulted, but believe they nevertheless have the right to insult others. For myself, I don't care what epithets someone I've never met throws my way. Sticks and stones and all that. In fact I rarely care about the epithets that someone I have met throws my way, unless I've got a reason to respect their opinion.
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 8th January 2010, 12:55pm) *

*flounce* (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
LessHorrid vanU

Devils Advocaat

Serious point; I think the main problem with a lot of the younger editors is that they are not used to internet sites where things can get nasty. All these newer sites like MySpace, FaceBook and Wikipedia Review have this friendly culture - even 4chan seems to be friendly enough within its membership, even if they are targeting other sites they are doing it from a support orientated network. Some older editors come from the more "Wild West" days of the hindernets - from places where the infighting was part of the "game", and flamewars was just another way of passing the time.

When some of the newer generation of websurfers come across the old stylee types there is quite some clash of culture; we r not ur M8's, and we use proper English, too. It is ironic, also, that on this site where there is legit complaint about the old fashioned internet ethos - take no prisoners - that ensures that noobies often get discouraged because they can't take the heat, that some of the more "txtfrenz" orientated newcomers are ridiculed for their utterances.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

QUOTE(Malleus @ Fri 8th January 2010, 4:06pm) *

It's fashionable.

Who linked him to this discussion Malleus? The only other times I've seen that "highlight" function used is when Ottava made links to prove evil conspiracies.

Judging from his reaction, I get the impression this might be his first real long peep here (which would be a rude introduction indeed!)
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Fri 8th January 2010, 11:07pm) *

QUOTE(Malleus @ Fri 8th January 2010, 4:06pm) *

It's fashionable.

Who linked him to this discussion Malleus? The only other times I've seen that "highlight" function used is when Ottava made links to prove evil conspiracies.

Judging from his reaction, I get the impression this might be his first real long peep here (which would be a rude introduction indeed!)

That "highlight" function comes up automatically when you run a keyword search; my guess would be one of his IRC buddies (not mentioning any names, Julian) tipped him off that he was mentioned here and he ran a search on his name. Quite why my calling him "slack-jawed and drooling" doesn't warrant a mention, but Malleus calling him "saccharine" has him reaching for the Big Red Drama Button, I leave as an exercise for the student. (Agree that it's probably his first look here - "there's a bunch of people who don't love Jimbo!!!")

BTW Coldplay Expert, since I assume you're reading this you might want to take a good hard look at this before you start whining when people accuse you of being a waste of other people's time.
+Quote Post
Nerd

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 11,945

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Fri 8th January 2010, 11:53pm) *

That "highlight" function comes up automatically when you run a keyword search; my guess would be one of his IRC buddies (not mentioning any names, Julian) tipped him off that he was mentioned here and he ran a search on his name.

You guess very, very wrong my dear. If you're not mentioning names, consider actually not mentioning any, particularly when you get it wrong. Maybe you're just inventing this situation to trash IRC.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

QUOTE(Trick cyclist @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 11:17am) *

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 5:49pm) *

Perhaps he could explain then why there are former Nazis, involved in the occupation of Denmark, still living in Germany?

He said "the real Germany," and he has a point. Much of what gave Germans a sense of national pride (as Das Land der Dichter und Denker - the land of poets and thinkers) was suppressed or destroyed under the Nazis. Take, for example, the works of Heinrich Heine. And although it may seem like an overly technical point, Hitler was not German. He was Austrian.

There was a useful study of one facet of the issue in the film Taking Sides.
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(LessHorrid vanU @ Fri 8th January 2010, 5:04pm) *
Serious point; I think the main problem with a lot of the younger editors is that they are not used to internet sites where things can get nasty. All these newer sites like MySpace, FaceBook and Wikipedia Review have this friendly culture - even 4chan seems to be friendly enough within its membership, even if they are targeting other sites they are doing it from a support orientated network. Some older editors come from the more "Wild West" days of the hindernets - from places where the infighting was part of the "game", and flamewars was just another way of passing the time.

Interesting observation, but the one thing I would have to point out is that with MySpace and Facebook, you don't really have any sort of gamesmanship based on the goal of achieving admin status. (You might get a little of that on WR I suppose, but not much.) On Usenet, there was quite a bit of that, and these days you see it on Freenode IRC channels and such. Three guesses as to which of these tend to be associated more with Wikipedia...

In general though, not all kids are psychologically rooted in self-esteem-generation delusionalism, but it does seem that a lot of kids these days wish that life can be as simple as fish swimming round in a barrel, when they've got the gun.
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 9th January 2010, 5:08am) *

Interesting observation, but the one thing I would have to point out is that with MySpace and Facebook, you don't really have any sort of gamesmanship based on the goal of achieving admin status. (You might get a little of that on WR I suppose, but not much.) On Usenet, there was quite a bit of that, and these days you see it on Freenode IRC channels and such. Three guesses as to which of these tend to be associated more with Wikipedia...

In general though, not all kids are psychologically rooted in self-esteem-generation delusionalism, but it does seem that a lot of kids these days wish that life can be as simple as fish swimming round in a barrel, when they've got the gun.

Haha. Nice use of the lyrics to Prospekt's March. But seriously, why attack me? Im only one in 10,000,000 users. How did I screw up this bad to get attention here? Was it my stupid username or something?
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Fri 8th January 2010, 11:11pm) *
Haha. Nice use of the lyrics to Prospekt's March. But seriously, why attack me? Im only one in 10,000,000 users. How did I screw up this bad to get attention here? Was it my stupid username or something?

"Attack" isn't the word I'd use, but admin-bashing is a time-honored tradition here, and it looks like you want to be an admin, so I'd assume some of us just wanted to get a little "head start."

Then again, if you've now decided that you really don't want to be an admin, then maybe these "attacks" are now unwarranted, at least in retrospect?
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Also, Mr. Coldplay, I might also point out that your friend Thejadefalcon (T-C-L-K-R-D)
is quite a poor excuse for a Wikipedia editor.

All he does is edit Xbox game articles and argue with people on their talkpages.

That would be okay, except that Wikipedia suffers from a tremendous oversupply of
such guys. It's supposed to be an "encyclopedia" for general knowledge, not an
encyclopedia for Xbox 360 games only. Nor is it supposed to be a vandalism-reversion
game.

A good WP editor's pie chart would have a large red section (article edits), and a
smaller pink section (user talk page). Jade has just the opposite, okay? Not good.

Want to be an admin? Start by mentoring him. Get him to fix some of the many, many
bad articles, instead of just sucking up to Xeno and removing vandalism.

(Probably wasting my time. "But that's no fun!!")
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Fri 8th January 2010, 11:11pm) *
How did I screw up this bad to get attention here? Was it my stupid username or something?

I wasn't going to say this originally, but I'd probably be remiss if I didn't point out that your choice of username was genuinely terrible.

Moreover, in all fairness, it could be said that just as vandalism is a recruitment tool for Wikipedia, admin-bashing (and by extension, admin-wannabe-bashing) is a form of recruitment tool for us here at WR, helping us keep our registration numbers up - and that it does seem to have worked in your case.
+Quote Post
Kelly Martin

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Member No.: 6,696

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 8th January 2010, 11:54pm) *
A good WP editor's pie chart would have a large red section (article edits), and a
smaller pink section (user talk page). Jade has just the opposite, okay? Not good.
Wow, he has more user talk edits than I did, and I was never much of a content editor. What the hell is he doing, using Wikipedia as a social networking site? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

To be fair, we also didn't have to think about things like Columbine (rearing it's head often enough), or the various other instances of bad blood on the web leading to spilled blood off the web. Takes the fun out of flame warring.
QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 9th January 2010, 5:08am) *

Interesting observation, but the one thing I would have to point out is that with MySpace and Facebook, you don't really have any sort of gamesmanship based on the goal of achieving admin status.

Makes you wonder if there's any correlation between the number of friends you have on Facebook and the number of ops you have on Wikipedia.
QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 12:11am) *
But seriously, why attack me? Im only one in 10,000,000 users. How did I screw up this bad to get attention here? Was it my stupid username or something?

Welcome to WR, Coldplay (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

I thought there was some age limit to membership here? Coldplay appears to be only 15.

+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 10:44am) *
I thought there was some age limit to membership here? Coldplay appears to be only 15.

I checked his user & talk pages, but didn't see anything resembling an age declaration...? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)

(Addendum) Okay, I found this where he admits to being a "minor," but in the USA that just means he's under 18, not under 16... His propensity for spelling mistakes tends to suggest younger rather than older, but without something more definitive, I guess I'm inclined to not worry about it.
+Quote Post
Nerd

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 9th January 2010, 4:57pm) *

I checked his user & talk pages, but didn't see anything resembling an age declaration...? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)

(Addendum) Okay, I found this where he admits to being a "minor," but in the USA that just means he's under 18, not under 16... His propensity for spelling mistakes tends to suggest younger rather than older, but without something more definitive, I guess I'm inclined to not worry about it.

Every time Malleus mentioned it, he never denied it. It could be seen as evidence.
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

He has claimed on wikipedia to be 15, not 16 until April 3. Can't be bothered to go looking for where though. Isn't there some question about age that is supposed to be answered honestly when members register here? Why was JulianColton suspended last year?
+Quote Post
Trick cyclist

Fortunately Denmark palmed Norway off to Sweden in 1814

Group: Inactive

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 9th January 2010, 1:34am) *

He said "the real Germany," and he has a point. Much of what gave Germans a sense of national pride (as Das Land der Dichter und Denker - the land of poets and thinkers) was suppressed or destroyed under the Nazis.

So today's Germany is still not "the real Germany"? After over 60 years they haven't restored it?
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Trick cyclist @ Sat 9th January 2010, 6:58pm) *

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 9th January 2010, 1:34am) *

He said "the real Germany," and he has a point. Much of what gave Germans a sense of national pride (as Das Land der Dichter und Denker - the land of poets and thinkers) was suppressed or destroyed under the Nazis.

So today's Germany is still not "the real Germany"? After over 60 years they haven't restored it?

Not once did I ever say that. I said that Nazi Geramn and Germany are two diffrent governments. But there are those who seem to think otherwise. And I must admit, have an admin called "Coldplay Expert" on wikipedia is probably not a good idea for public relations. But I never did like my name anyway. I just never bothered to change it because I could'nt think of anything else.

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 6:28pm) *

He has claimed on wikipedia to be 15, not 16 until April 3. Can't be bothered to go looking for where though. Isn't there some question about age that is supposed to be answered honestly when members register here? Why was JulianColton suspended last year?

Malleus, it was 13 years old, not 15.
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 1:37pm) *

Right - the rule is that you can register here if you're 13, 14, or 15, and as long as we don't find out how old you are, all is well. We don't go actively looking for that information beyond viewing user pages and such on WP, but if someone brings it to our attention (including links to off-site material) and the facts are essentially indisputable, then that means a suspension for however long it is until the person's 16th birthday.

We keep meaning to spell that out explicitly somewhere, but of course, spelling it out explicitly would probably just get us into even more trouble! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 9th January 2010, 7:46pm) *

Right - the rule is that you can register here if you're 13, 14, or 15, and as long as we don't find out how old you are, all is well. We don't go actively looking for that information beyond viewing user pages and such on WP, but if someone brings it to our attention (including links to off-site material) and the facts are essentially indisputable, then that means a suspension for however long it is until the person's 16th birthday.

We keep meaning to spell that out explicitly somewhere, but of course, spelling it out explicitly would probably just get us into even more trouble! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)

I don't really care if im suspended. To be honest, after reading this thread, I hate this place... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 7:49pm) *

I don't really care if im suspended. To be honest, after reading this thread, I hate this place... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)

Quite right too!

This is no place for a fine upstanding young Wikipedian such as yourself.

Why not do some serious buttsnorkeling on Jimmy's talkpage instead. Go on you know you want to.
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(RMHED @ Sat 9th January 2010, 7:54pm) *

Quite right too!

Why not do some serious buttsnorkeling on Jimmy's talkpage instead. Go on you know you want to.

In case you missed the last page and a half, im not an upstanding wikipedian. Rather, the opposite. Thanks though...
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 7:37pm) *

My mistake, sorry.
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:02pm) *

My mistake, sorry.

What??? You were wrong??? And you apologized??? Who are you and what have you done to the real Malleus? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:04pm) *

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:02pm) *

My mistake, sorry.

What??? You were wrong??? And you apologized??? Who are you and what have you done to the real Malleus? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif)

I always apologise when I've made a mistake. It just doesn't happen that often that I do.

But more seriously, don't you think it woud be a good idea to take your mentor's advice, and stop fighting a fight you can't possibly win?

+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 7:57pm) *

QUOTE(RMHED @ Sat 9th January 2010, 7:54pm) *

Quite right too!

In case you missed the last page and a half, im not an upstanding wikipedian. Rather, the opposite. Thanks though...

Multiple criticism on Wikipedia Review almost certainly means you're a fine upstanding Wikipedian.

+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(RMHED @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:10pm) *
Multiple criticism on Wikipedia Review almost certainly means you're a fine upstanding Wikipedian.

Perhaps sometimes, but not this time.
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:11pm) *

That depends on how you're defining "fine upstanding Wikipedian".
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

Im going to have to agree with Malleus here. I have so real and valid issues that I need to fix. And while they were presented to me in a rude way here, it has actually opened up my eyes. And yes Maleus, I will follow the advice of Julian.
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:15pm) *

Im going to have to agree with Malleus here. I have so real and valid issues that I need to fix. And while they were presented to me in a rude way here, it has actually opened up my eyes. And yes Maleus, I will follow the advice of Julian.

Good. Then we can perhaps close this rather unpleasant chapter now.

I mean you no ill will Coldplay, but the purpose of wikipedia, at least to my understanding, is to build a free encylopedia, not to make friends.
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:22pm) *

I mean you no ill will Coldplay, but the purpose of wikipedia, at least to my understanding, is to build a free encylopedia, not to make friends.

Good Christ you really are a naive twat aren't you.
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(RMHED @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:24pm) *

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:22pm) *

I know that we are all here to build an encyclopedia. In fact when I joined, that was what I planned to do. But I seemed to have gotten off topic in my work. (Hense the large pink spot in my editing pie chart)
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

Better than than just a twat like you.

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:26pm) *
I know that we are all here to build an encyclopedia. In fact when I joined, that was what I planned to do. But I seemed to have gotten off topic in my work. (Hense the large pink spot in my editing pie chart)

We're none of us perfect, we just do the best we can as we see it. Let's put this behind us now.

+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:40pm) *

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:26pm) *

We're none of us perfect, we just do the best we can as we see it. Let's put this behind us now.

Fine by me (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Coldplay Expert:
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 12:40pm) *
Ahem. That's "Drunken twat".

Oh god, this thread is sooo inspiring, it's making me all teary-eyed!
To watch a 13-year-old boy being beaten up by disgruntled Wikipedia admins!!

Just explain to CE what he's supposed to do on Wikipedia, and leave him be.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
Sarcasticidealist

Head exploded.

Member No.: 4,536

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 4:40pm) *
While I'm not sure what I hope to gain by jumping in, how is being a naive twat preferable to being a plain old twat?
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Sat 9th January 2010, 5:48pm) *

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 4:40pm) *
While I'm not sure what I hope to gain by jumping in, how is being a naive twat preferable to being a plain old twat?

Better twatitudational excuses, man, better excuses. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Wikicrusher2

Member No.: 14,796

Can someone move/delete this drivel?
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 10th January 2010, 12:45am) *

I'm not a wikipedia admin, and never will be. I'm happy to beat up anyone, regardless of "status", age, or creed.

QUOTE(Wikicrusher2 @ Sun 10th January 2010, 12:56am) *

If you don't like it, don't read it.
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

Just explain to CE what he's supposed to do on Wikipedia, and leave him be.

Um..Im not 13. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sun 10th January 2010, 12:59am) *

I'm not a wikipedia admin, and never will be. I'm happy to beat up anyone, regardless of "status", age, or creed.

QUOTE(Wikicrusher2 @ Sun 10th January 2010, 12:56am) *

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Malleus, were'nt you an admin at one point? What happened?
+Quote Post
Nerd

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 1:02am) *

No, he never was. He tried twice, I recall but failed to pass.
+Quote Post
Number Six

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Sun 10th January 2010, 12:48am) *

There are those who have a preference for naive twats.
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 7:02pm) *

Would there be any point in simply asking you if you're under 16, then? Or more to the point, if someone looked hard enough, would they eventually find something on Wikipedia that would lead most people to make that conclusion?
+Quote Post
Juliancolton

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:02pm) *

He should be though. Malleus is about the last person I can imagine using the bit irresponsibly.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 9th January 2010, 11:47pm) *

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 7:02pm) *

Would there be any point in simply asking you if you're under 16, then? Or more to the point, if someone looked hard enough, would they eventually find something on Wikipedia that would lead most people to make that conclusion?

This age thing seems so arbitrary. Maybe it should be tied to maturity metrics like virginity, belief in Santa Claus, preference for wine coolers over beer...
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Juliancolton @ Sun 10th January 2010, 5:03am) *

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:02pm) *

He should be though. Malleus is about the last person I can imagine using the bit irresponsibly.

I made a few powerful enemies early on and it went downhill from there.
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Sun 10th January 2010, 4:55am) *
This age thing seems so arbitrary. Maybe it should be tied to maturity metrics like virginity, belief in Santa Claus, preference for wine coolers over beer...

If only! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)

Age-based cutoffs for things like drinking and driving and (ahem) sex are obviously flawed and fail to take individual differences into account, but society develops these kinds of things for a reason, and IMO that reason is basic human nature. Obviously if you ask a 14-year-old if he wants to be able to drink and drive and... well, you know with impunity, he's going to say "yes," right? And you can't do thorough psychological evaluations on every one of them just for purposes like that... it's just one of those concessions to practicality and realism that make modern society what it is - a complete catastrophe to be sure, but it's a consistent catastrophe at least, for the most part.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 10th January 2010, 12:17pm) *

Okay, I promise to get right on that sarcasm emoticon as soon as I finish up with my better mousetrap! Just be patient. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Sun 10th January 2010, 12:35pm) *
Okay, I promise to get right on that sarcasm emoticon as soon as I finish up with my better mousetrap! Just be patient. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)

Well, I knew you were being sarcastic, I just don't want people to think we're completely unreasonable. Most of us do (believe it or not) recognize that there are kids under the age of 16 who are, in many (if not all) ways, more mature, sensible, and responsible than adults of all sorts of ages. That includes at least two or three who have registered WR accounts... But it's obviously a qualitative judgment, and any evidence you might find to support it in any given case might be false, etc., etc.
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 10th January 2010, 7:26pm) *

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Sun 10th January 2010, 12:35pm) *

Well, I knew you were being sarcastic, I just don't want people to think we're completely unreasonable. Most of us do (believe it or not) recognize that there are kids under the age of 16 who are, in many (if not all) ways, more mature, sensible, and responsible than adults of all sorts of ages. That includes at least two or three who have registered WR accounts... But it's obviously a qualitative judgment, and any evidence you might find to support it in any given case might be false, etc., etc.

So true. For example im sure that Julian is not stupid enough to drink and drive. Or any of the other things mentioned above. But society seems to group all minors as being complete idiots and sex adicts that, if given a beer and car keys, would be dead by midnight. There are a lot of exeptions though. And how did this thread go from bashing me to talking about minors with beer and cars? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 9:38pm) *

And how did this thread go from bashing me to talking about minors with beer and cars? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif)

This is not a thread about you; this is a thread containing a couple of mentions of you, which is itself a sub-thread of a thread containing one mention of you.

This is going to sound patronizing, and it's honestly not meant to be; you might want to have more of a read around this site to get a feel for it. WR is neither a slightly-more-rowdy subforum of Wikipedia, nor the Evil Attack Site some of the WP regulars try to paint it as; it's a site dedicated to discussing ways to prevent and ways to mitigate the damage caused by the currently seriously malfunctioning Wikipedia experiment, which has gone from being a well-intentioned experiment run by a few nerds to being a source of defamation and misinformation so powerful that it's having a genuine and noticeable corrosive effect on the world's media.

One of the key issues in that is the discussion of the pros and cons of the Wikimedia Foundation's almost unique decision to allow children unrestricted access to positions of authority in which they're obliged to make serious ethical and legal decisions (often on extremely sensitive issues, such as the ethics of publishing material likely negatively to impact real-life medical diagnoses, the ethics of a charitably-funded educational institution maintaining a large-scale collection of hardcore pornography, or the appropriate way to handle defamation on a massive scale, which is beyond the ability of a rapidly shrinking volunteer group to control completely). Many people feel that people below the age of legal responsibility should not be taking decisions of this nature, and that allowing them to do so has serious moral and legal implications for the adults involved.

It's a perennial discussion, and one that's impossible to have on Wikipedia itself due to the over-zealous enforcement of the "civility policy". (Anyone questioning the status quo on Wikipedia is likely to be accused of "personal attacks", under Wikipedia's unique interpretation of the phrase, and summarily blocked). Consequently, WR is the only place where the discussion can be held reasonably in a forum read by those able to have an influence on Wikipedia itself, and you'll find that this is one of those discussions which is raised regularly here.

Despite its reputation, Wikipedia Review actually has a considerably higher level of debate than Wikipedia itself, and I for one hope you're not blocked without good cause; until the next generation of Wikipedia users, who haven't yet had time to realize the downsides of the project, get involved in the debate, then the artificial "us-and-them" mentality will continue. Just remember, this isn't Wikipedia, and differing views are allowed; just be prepared to justify any claim you make.
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 3:38pm) *
...society seems to group all minors as being complete idiots and sex adicts that, if given a beer and car keys, would be dead by midnight. There are a lot of exeptions though.

Well, I can see you're definitely a good fit for Wikipedia in terms of using strawman arguments, at least... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/bored.gif)

And how did this thread go from bashing me to talking about minors with beer and cars? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif)

We were trying to figure out if you should be suspended for being under 16, remember?

I should say that if you are under 16, and you've said your piece already and don't intend to become a WP critic in the immediate future, the honorable & proper thing to do (as a would-be WP admin, natch) would probably be to admit it now rather than be seen as a deliberate rule-breaker - even if the rule is stupid and the site whose rule it is tends to be hostile to your overall interests. If you're 15, April isn't that far away, and I can set the suspension to end pretty much right on time.

If you're 16, then what Eva says above is far more applicable than anything I've just stated, of course.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 10th January 2010, 6:13pm) *

If you're 16, then what Eva says above is far more applicable than anything I've just stated, of course.

More applicable even if you're not... you don't have to be registered to read most of the on-topic forums in any case, and if you're interested (positively ornegatively) in Wikipedia, there's good reading here.
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Sun 10th January 2010, 11:51pm) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 10th January 2010, 6:13pm) *

More applicable even if you're not... you don't have to be registered to read most of the on-topic forums in any case, and if you're interested (positively ornegatively) in Wikipedia, there's good reading here.

As Somey is no doubt fed up with hearing from me, I think WR is badly damaged by allowing the nuts to post in the publicly-viewable threads; I can post "if you hate Wikipedia, WR is the place to discuss how to destroy it, and if you love Wikipedia, WR is the place to discuss how to rescue it" sermons like the ones above until the cows come home, but when people come here to see for themselves, they run into one of the usual suspects and go back thinking "yes, that reputation for being full of whackos is justified". Wikipedia has the same problem, of course, in that people only notice the problem admins and don't notice the "good" editors quietly trying to steer the trainwreck back onto the tracks (and only notice people's "problem" areas; I'm sure if you went through Slim or Shanky's Wikipedia posts, 99% would be non-controversial), but Wikipedia has the excuse of not having a viable moderation or tarpitting system to hide the nutcases from public view without blocking them altogether.
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 10th January 2010, 11:13pm) *

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 3:38pm) *
...society seems to group all minors as being complete idiots and sex adicts that, if given a beer and car keys, would be dead by midnight. There are a lot of exeptions though.

Well, I can see you're definitely a good fit for Wikipedia in terms of using strawman arguments, at least... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/bored.gif)

We were trying to figure out if you should be suspended for being under 16, remember?

I should say that if you are under 16, and you've said your piece already and don't intend to become a WP critic in the immediate future, the honorable & proper thing to do (as a would-be WP admin, natch) would probably be to admit it now rather than be seen as a deliberate rule-breaker - even if the rule is stupid and the site whose rule it is tends to be hostile to your overall interests. If you're 15, April isn't that far away, and I can set the suspension to end pretty much right on time.

Well the question is, "are you turning 16 in April or 17?" (And did'nt it say under 13, not under 16?) You can go ahead and suspend me if you want. I have no intrest in bashing the fith most viewed site on the web. And what makes you think that Im good at strawman arrguments? What I said is true.
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 6:27pm) *
Well the question is, "are you turning 16 in April or 17?" (And did'nt it say under 13, not under 16?) You can go ahead and suspend me if you want. I have no intrest in bashing the fith most viewed site on the web.

I explained that here, but I'd have to say you just answered the question.

And what makes you think that Im good at strawman arrguments? What I said is true.

You said, "society groups all minors as being complete idiots and sex adicts (sic) that, if given a beer and car keys, would be dead by midnight."

Do you really think that isn't a fairly obvious strawman argument about society's treatment of minors? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif)
+Quote Post
Juliancolton

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 4:38pm) *

So true. For example im sure that Julian is not stupid enough to drink and drive. Or any of the other things mentioned above. But society seems to group all minors as being complete idiots and sex adicts that, if given a beer and car keys, would be dead by midnight. There are a lot of exeptions though. And how did this thread go from bashing me to talking about minors with beer and cars? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif)

What kind of argument is that? Society, aside from a few substantial restrictions, is now quite tolerant of minors. Some people on Wikipedia believe that minors aren't suitable for adminship, but really, a few people on a website aren't representative of the real world...
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Juliancolton @ Mon 11th January 2010, 1:12am) *

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 4:38pm) *

What kind of argument is that? Society, aside from a few substantial restrictions, is now quite tolerant of minors. Some people on Wikipedia believe that minors aren't suitable for adminship, but really, a few people on a website aren't representative of the real world...

Maybe my view is based off of where I live. And it was'nt an argument but a statment. Sorry if im wrong.... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif) Im just makeing a fool of myself here. I'll stop.

+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 7:18pm) *
Maybe my view is based off of where I live.

In a Shaker community?

And it was'nt an argument but a statment. Sorry if im wrong.... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif) Im just makeing a fool of myself here. I'll stop.

OK.
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 11th January 2010, 1:24am) *

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 7:18pm) *
Maybe my view is based off of where I live.

In a Shaker community?

And it was'nt an argument but a statment. Sorry if im wrong.... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif) Im just makeing a fool of myself here. I'll stop.

OK.

What the heck is a Shaker? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif)

+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 8:18pm) *
Sorry if im wrong.... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif) Im just makeing a fool of myself here. I'll stop.

Don't stop! Hey, consider yourself at home! Consider yourself part of the family! We've taken to you so strong, it's clear we're going to get along. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

Just a word of advice: don't knock Malley (he's ultra cool) and don't knock Julian (he smokes Dunhill Reds, which is also cool). If you must go on the attack, remember that there is a big fish to fry!

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 8:26pm) *

This is a Shaker:

+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Mon 11th January 2010, 1:28am) *
Don't stop! Hey, consider yourself at home! Consider yourself part of the family! We've taken to you so strong, it's clear we're going to get along. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

I meant im going to stop makeing myself look like an idiot (If I can).
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 7:26pm) *

Look it up - it's not all that bad an article, really: Shakers (T-H-L-K-D)
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 11th January 2010, 1:29am) *
Look it up - it's not all that bad an article, really: Shakers (T-H-L-K-D)

Um...no. I don't live in a Shaker community. Just a redneck one with a touch of Northern Virginian liberalism....
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 7:31pm) *
Um...no. I don't live in a Shaker community. Just a redneck one with a touch of Northern Virginian liberalism....

That's pretty much where I'm from, but I'm willing to assume most people aren't going to view your attitudes as typical.

Still, I can see how you might cause people a certain amount of frustration. Good luck on your RfA! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 11th January 2010, 1:47am) *
Good luck on your RfA! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Uh..was that sarcastic? Im not going up for one! I would never even nominate myself!
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Mon 11th January 2010, 1:51am) *
Uh..was that sarcastic? Im not going up for one! I would never even nominate myself!

You do know we can read here, right?
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Mon 11th January 2010, 2:03am) *

Have you taken a look at my userpage recently?
+Quote Post
wikademia.org

Gloible Foible

Group: On Vacation
Member No.: 10,113

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 6:20pm) *
Have you taken a look at my userpage recently?

the word on the street is that rollback is a gateway bit. just be careful human, that is all i am saying.
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(wikademia.org @ Mon 11th January 2010, 2:40am) *
the word on the street is that rollback is a gateway bit. just be careful human, that is all i am saying.

What? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
+Quote Post
wikademia.org

Gloible Foible

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 6:44pm) *

history repeats itself unless ...

i dunno.. if we don't forget history, then are we doomed to repeat it? oh how these existential quandries...

no. be an admin! donate all your time to the Wikimedia Foundation. Do it for the poor children in Africa... do it to cure poverty, disease, and starvation. Encyc.org.
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(wikademia.org @ Mon 11th January 2010, 2:51am) *
no. be an admin! donate all your time to the Wikimedia Foundation. Do it for the poor children in Africa... do it to cure poverty, disease, and starvation. Encyc.org.

I never said that I don't want to be one. I just not aiming for it any time soon. I still have a lot of stuff to do before even being admin coached! Don't experct to see [[Wikipedia:Request for Adminship/Coldplay Expert]] to become a blue link any time soon.
+Quote Post
wikademia.org

Gloible Foible

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 7:00pm) *
I never said that I don't want to be one. I just not aiming for it any time soon. I still have a lot of stuff to do before even being admin coached! Don't experct to see [[Wikipedia:Request for Adminship/Coldplay Expert]] to become a blue link any time soon.

lol. ok.
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 9:00pm) *

Three months, five at the outside... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 11:49am) *

Presumably all the real Germans popped out to the shops, and when they weren't looking those sneaky imposters occupied Western Europe.

... occupied Western Europe

*Sigh*. That's about as clear cut example of unconcious POV bias as one could get. Of course this being WR, rather than Wikipedia, yes, I'm being somewhat pedantic.
+Quote Post
Cedric

General Gato

Member No.: 1,116

*sigh* Yep. Out there in the forest killing boars.
+Quote Post
SDJ

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sun 10th January 2010, 10:00pm) *

I think several people have probably already watchlisted it, for the day it DOES turn blue.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Cedric @ Mon 11th January 2010, 3:26am) *

*sigh* Yep. Out there in the forest killing boars.

Wouldn't it be neat if you could earn Wiki-points by killing bores? Or at least shooting them? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/happy.gif) Beback would be so full of arrows he'd have to apply as WP's St. Sebastian.
+Quote Post
NotARepublican55

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 9:29am) *

This refers

Hahaha. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sick.gif) Take a look at him getting shredded in this half-assed ANI thread he started (not that his buddies actually bothered to read his utter devastation when they started circle-jerking).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:AN/...f_User:SuaveArt

He's under 16 btw, and he was whining on Juliancolton's talk page that he got banned from WR for being underage but his account is still logged in (and apparently he's pissed about it.) Must seriously have no life, poor kid.

This post has been edited by NotARepublican55:
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(NotARepublican55 @ Tue 12th January 2010, 12:50am) *
...he got banned from WR for being underage but his account is still logged in (and apparently he's pissed about it.)

Well, who wouldn't be?

I believe the "Delete all WR cookies" link fixes that problem, but if not, I'm told that the "Delete all Coldplay MP3's from iTunes" method works equally well.

I tried listening to the first few tracks of X&Y the other day, but it seems a little less inspiring for me now, for some reason... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(NotARepublican55 @ Tue 12th January 2010, 6:50am) *

He's under 16 btw, and he was whining on Juliancolton's talk page that he got banned from WR for being underage but his account is still logged in (and apparently he's pissed about it.) Must seriously have no life, poor kid.

Poor kid, indeed. I have no idea about what he does on WP, but I got the impression that he came away from this thread thinking that he had gotten helpful advice on how to be a better Wikipedian (and future admin). I fear that he lacks the wisdom to distinguish WP from real life. That kid needs to find some better role models...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)