FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Can we bring SV back here? -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can we bring SV back here?
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

Group: Regulars

Is there some sort of incantation that will summon SlimVirgin/Hell Freezes Over to post here at the review? When she's here screeching like a banshee and denouncing everyone, this is a fun place, and people stop squabbling with each other and unite against a common foe.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Tue 27th July 2010, 11:16pm) *

Is there some sort of incantation that will summon SlimVirgin/Hell Freezes Over to post here at the review? When she's here screeching like a banshee and denouncing everyone, this is a fun place, and people stop squabbling with each other and unite against a common foe.

She seems to feel it's safe enough when I go on holiday, but I missed my summer vacation this year — so be a nice, not a naughty kid and maybe you'll get a nice Christmas surprise.

Jon (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Member No.: 275

As far as I know, this cannot be accomplished without a crane, and our crane budget is pretty much used up for this year.

Several sites have reported some success using nuclear submarines, but of course that's completely outside of our feasibility range.

+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 3,670

Closely watched cranes?
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Tue 27th July 2010, 8:16pm) *

I especially liked the part where she eventually made it plain that she thought LaRouchites had driven Jeremy Duggan to suicide (or maybe even pushed him into traffic). While all the while we were supposed to forget that she claimed to edit LaRouche articles (and ban LaRouche supporters) as an "uninvolved admin." (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/angry.gif)

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yak.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif) Once again, Wikipedia, thy name is hypocrisy.
+Quote Post
gomi

Group: Members

The way to get Slimmy back here is to post a long and well-researched article on one or more of:

1) Her "WP:OWN"ed articles, lately The death of Ian Tomlinson (T-H-L-K-D) or one of her long-term favorites, like anything in Animal Rights;
2) Her increasing use of the ban-hammer without process;
3) Her back room politicking and meddling in Wiki-drama in general; or
4) Additional informed (or perhaps uninformed but plausible or salacious) speculation on her identity, background, and habits;

Even so, she might not rise to the bait. She seems to have taken a chill-pill shortly after her temporary de-frocking, and has only recently begun ramping back up toward her pre-humiliation levels of abuse.

Frankly, it is hard to tell whether Slim has gotten better or the entire rest of Wikipedia has gotten worse. The mostly plausible answer to that doesn't seem likely, and the likely answer doesn't seem plausible.
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

I've had some luck summonsing Wikipedians with atrocious song parodies.

Lessee what we got...
+Quote Post
Lar

"His blandness goes to 11!"

Member No.: 4,290

QUOTE(gomi @ Wed 28th July 2010, 3:46pm) *

Frankly, it is hard to tell whether Slim has gotten better or the entire rest of Wikipedia has gotten worse. The mostly plausible answer to that doesn't seem likely, and the likely answer doesn't seem plausible.

Er, which of those is which? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Member No.: 130

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Wed 28th July 2010, 12:27pm) *

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Tue 27th July 2010, 8:16pm) *

I especially liked the part where she eventually made it plain that she thought LaRouchites had driven Jeremy Duggan to suicide (or maybe even pushed him into traffic). While all the while we were supposed to forget that she claimed to edit LaRouche articles (and ban LaRouche supporters) as an "uninvolved admin." (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/angry.gif)

No matter what you think of me, I can assure you that I am not an anti-LaRouche activist. I simply care about accuracy... I have no POV that matters here. --User:SlimVirgin/references
+Quote Post
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Member No.: 982

QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 27th July 2010, 11:52pm) *

As far as I know, this cannot be accomplished without a crane, and our crane budget is pretty much used up for this year.

Several sites have reported some success using nuclear submarines, but of course that's completely outside of our feasibility range.

I would have suggested she needs a birdhouse in her soul, but she would need a soul first. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)

I can't even remember the last time we discussed SV. It used to be The Slim Virgin Review for many years and now it seems she's yesterday's news. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(The Joy @ Thu 29th July 2010, 12:37am) *
I can't even remember the last time we discussed SV. It used to be The Slim Virgin Review for many years and now it seems she's yesterday's news. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif)

Good.
+Quote Post
RDH(Ghost In The Machine)

And the admins broke Piggy's glasses...

Member No.: 15,578

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 29th July 2010, 9:19am) *

QUOTE(The Joy @ Thu 29th July 2010, 12:37am) *

Good.

You remember that Smallpox virus?
I really miss that... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sick.gif)
+Quote Post
chrisoff

Is Smallpox virus less tacky than SV?
+Quote Post
that one guy

Doesn't get it either.

Member No.: 5,935

I thought slim lost her admin powers, or was I mistaken those so many years ago.
+Quote Post
Lar

"His blandness goes to 11!"

Member No.: 4,290

QUOTE(that one guy @ Thu 29th July 2010, 7:20pm) *

I thought slim lost her admin powers, or was I mistaken those so many years ago.

Temporarily, but SlimVirgin has them back again.
+Quote Post
gomi

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Thu 29th July 2010, 2:55pm) *
Is Smallpox virus less tacky than SV?

The difference between Slim Virgin and the Smallpox Virus is that the Smallpox Virus has been eradicated, rendering it currently less pernicious than Slim Virgin.
+Quote Post
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Member No.: 982

QUOTE(Lar @ Thu 29th July 2010, 7:24pm) *

QUOTE(that one guy @ Thu 29th July 2010, 7:20pm) *

Temporarily, but SlimVirgin has them back again.

And because you said that, she's going to go crazy again and claim you outed her poodle. That or she'll join the Climate Change Arb case and make your life even more of a living hell, if that's possible. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)

Her social power, though, appears to have waned since she was temporarily desysopped. I don't know if she has the social capital to influence things like she used to.
+Quote Post
that one guy

Doesn't get it either.

Member No.: 5,935

well it's been ages since i've been around here and in the WP pages. oh well.
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

QUOTE(gomi @ Thu 29th July 2010, 7:47pm) *
The difference between Slim Virgin and the Smallpox Virus is that the Smallpox Virus has been eradicated, rendering it currently less pernicious than Slim Virgin.

I remember reading, in Scientific American, an article entitled "The Eradication of Smallpox" explaining exactly how they did it. I still get goosebumps of admiration for the scientists who pulled off that astounding feat.
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Member No.: 275

QUOTE(that one guy @ Thu 29th July 2010, 7:51pm) *
well it's been ages since i've been around here and in the WP pages. oh well.

Yeah, but you're just one guy, aren't you? True, you're that one guy, but that doesn't necessarily make you, like, the guy. (Or does it?)

Anyway, I've been analyzing this problem for the last several hours, and I've concluded that comparing SlimVirgin to smallpox is most likely not the best way to convince her to return here as a participant. We might have slightly better luck with, say, an endocrine disorder (such as pheochromocytoma or even hyperparathyroidism) or perhaps a pulmonary disease such as Goodpasture's syndrome (T-H-L-K-D), which actually sounds sort of nice until you come down with it. Still, the best results might actually be obtained by not comparing her to any disease whatsoever. I realize this may seem counterintuitive to some of our members...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)