Post #41

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 13,284

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Malleus, check out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9vNSA0WNlw

A lot of clapping!!

SlimVirgin? Never had any beef with her I don't recall but would the opposite I suppose would be User:FatLardSlapper. That would be quite a username, now why does Kerry Katona come to mind...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Malleus
post Wed 9th February 2011, 12:45am
Post #42

Fat Cat

Member No.: 8,716

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Dr. Blofeld @ Tue 8th February 2011, 11:53pm) *

Malleus, check out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9vNSA0WNlw

A lot of clapping!!

There's something about guitar playing that I never got my head around, so instead I invested in a synthesiser, which I absolutely love. My ambition though is rather modest, just to be able to play reasonably competently one well-known piece, perhaps a Chopin prelude. For the rest I just enjoy producing the loud rock noises and church organ stuff. Especially the church organ stuff.
+Quote Post
Dr. Blofeld
post Wed 9th February 2011, 1:00pm
Post #43

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Well I learned classical piano from age of 7-14 I think. But I never learned to play without music until recently. Yeah I love Chopin, absolute genius. Easily my favourite composer. Ballade no.1 is possibly the most astounding piece I've ever heard in terms of technical quality. Who plays it best, mmm I'd say Zimmerman just edges Horowitz on that one. Liszt and Bach are also my favourites. Admittedly Mozart doesn't really do it for me, I prefer Beethoven. For somebody who never used to like classical and was solely a rock fan for many years I've come to appreciate it in recent times. A lot of classical music doesn't float my boat and a lot of jazz I find too avant garde. I generally like very melodic "emotional" sort of music.
+Quote Post
Dr. Blofeld
post Wed 9th February 2011, 1:04pm
Post #44

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR7eUSFsn28

Chuck Norris performing Ballade No.1.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name
post Wed 9th February 2011, 1:33pm
Post #45

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 9,985

QUOTE(Malleus @ Tue 8th February 2011, 6:39pm) *

I enjoyed that. A little hesitant in places, but if I could play even a tiny fraction as well as that I'd be well pleased.

I don't know if Charo ever made any impact in the UK, but in the US during the 1970s and early 1980s she was a ubiquitous TV presence -- her strength was primarily in her comic fracturing of the English language and her wonderfully blatant sex appeal (which she emphasized by shaking her body while chanting "Cuchi-Cuchi!"). Although flamenco and classical guitar is part of her act, she is mostly known in the US for her sexy comedy.
+Quote Post
A User
post Wed 9th February 2011, 1:35pm
Post #46

Member No.: 5,813

QUOTE(Malleus @ Wed 9th February 2011, 10:39am) *

I enjoyed that. A little hesitant in places, but if I could play even a tiny fraction as well as that I'd be well pleased.

Is she actually playing that? How come her Spanish guitar has no visible acoustic pickups or leads? You can also hear a second guitar reinforcing the notes of the first. Hmmmmm
+Quote Post
Kwork
post Wed 9th February 2011, 1:50pm
Post #47

Group: Special Contributors
Member No.: 16,782

QUOTE(Dr. Blofeld @ Tue 8th February 2011, 9:34pm) *

Out of curiosity who is the most hated wikipedia administrator amongst you lot? Who are the ones people really detest on here?

If you look at old discussion, and current grumbling, you would have the impression that Jayjg is the cause of WP's problems.
+Quote Post
lonza leggiera
post Wed 9th February 2011, 2:26pm
Post #48

Member No.: 23,009

Here's another one for horsey.

+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name
post Wed 9th February 2011, 3:06pm
Post #49

QUOTE(lonza leggiera @ Wed 9th February 2011, 9:26am) *

Here's another one for horsey.

For me??? I'm the one posting Charo videos -- I want "cuchi-cuchi," not Chopin played by some half-asleep blonde! wtf.gif

This is more of my type of classical music:

This post has been edited by A Horse With No Name: Wed 9th February 2011, 3:10pm
+Quote Post
Silver seren
post Wed 9th February 2011, 6:36pm
Post #50

Member No.: 36,940

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

I can definitely say that Jimbo and the Wikimedia Foundation is a subject I can rant about for quite some time. Could there really be a more incompetent leader? I mean, I know most presidents of France are in the running, but still.
+Quote Post
Dr. Blofeld
post Wed 9th February 2011, 7:45pm
Post #51

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Yeah I fully agree Silver Siren. The impression I get is that he is not at all passionate about actually promoting knowledge and likes to see himself as some sort of moral leader.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour
post Wed 9th February 2011, 8:15pm
Post #52

blah

Member No.: 5,066

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Dr. Blofeld @ Wed 9th February 2011, 11:45am) *
Yeah I fully agree Silver Siren. The impression I get is that he is not at all passionate about actually promoting knowledge and likes to see himself as some sort of moral leader.

Gentlemen, your criticism is too little and too late, sorry to say. You should have been knocking Jimbo back in 2004, when Jimbo's favorites, the "Cabal-thingy" bunch, was tightening its screws on the project.

David Gerard, JzG, Jayjg, Fred Bauder, Erik Moeller, Raul654, Kat Walsh, Charles Matthews, and many others. You can thank them for the mess, and you can thank Jimbo for personally installing most of them on the first versions of Arbcom. Go thru this if you don't believe me. Instead of getting "professionals", or even capable amateurs......he got crackpots and ass-kissers and backstabbers.
+Quote Post
Kwork
post Wed 9th February 2011, 9:31pm
Post #53

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Wed 9th February 2011, 8:15pm) *

QUOTE(Dr. Blofeld @ Wed 9th February 2011, 11:45am) *

Gentlemen, your criticism is too little and too late, sorry to say. You should have been knocking Jimbo back in 2004, when Jimbo's favorites, the "Cabal-thingy" bunch, was tightening its screws on the project.

David Gerard, JzG, Jayjg, Fred Bauder, Erik Moeller, Raul654, Kat Walsh, Charles Matthews, and many others. You can thank them for the mess, and you can thank Jimbo for personally installing most of them on the first versions of Arbcom. Go thru this if you don't believe me. Instead of getting "professionals", or even capable amateurs......he got crackpots and ass-kissers and backstabbers.

It is your claim that Wikipedia would have turned out good if it had not been for some administrators and editors you don't like? You must be kidding. Given the defective structure of WP, it is difficult for me to see how it could have turned out much better even if none of the users on your shit list had ever made a single edit.
+Quote Post
Peter Damian
post Wed 9th February 2011, 9:43pm
Post #54

Member No.: 4,212

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Kwork @ Wed 9th February 2011, 9:31pm) *

It is your claim that Wikipedia would have turned out good if it had not been for some administrators and editors you don't like? You must be kidding. Given the defective structure of WP, it is difficult for me to see how it could have turned out much better even if none of the users on your shit list had ever made a single edit.

Surely he was saying that there was a weakness at the very top, and that this led to certain types gaining power that they shouldn't. Had it not been them, but Wales had still been there, I'm sure another bunch of creepies would have moved in. But if someone else had been in charge at that critical point? Someone who could judge character, e.g.?
+Quote Post
Kwork
post Wed 9th February 2011, 10:47pm
Post #55

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Wed 9th February 2011, 9:43pm) *

QUOTE(Kwork @ Wed 9th February 2011, 9:31pm) *

Surely he was saying that there was a weakness at the very top, and that this led to certain types gaining power that they shouldn't. Had it not been them, but Wales had still been there, I'm sure another bunch of creepies would have moved in. But if someone else had been in charge at that critical point? Someone who could judge character, e.g.?

Admittedly Jimbo and his crew are not be the equals of George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, John Jay, and James Madison. But if the American revolution had been a wiki-revolution, lead by anonymous users, there is good reason to think it would have turned out worse than it actually did.

Basically all the problems found on WP that can be replicated on WR are replicated on WR. That suggests the problem is not the result of a few problematic users on WP only.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Wed 9th February 2011, 11:39pm
Post #56

Known alias of J. Random Troll

Member No.: 5,156

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Dr. Blofeld @ Wed 9th February 2011, 6:00am) *

Well I learned classical piano from age of 7-14 I think. But I never learned to play without music until recently. Yeah I love Chopin, absolute genius. Easily my favourite composer. Ballade no.1 is possibly the most astounding piece I've ever heard in terms of technical quality. Who plays it best, mmm I'd say Zimmerman just edges Horowitz on that one. Liszt and Bach are also my favourites. Admittedly Mozart doesn't really do it for me, I prefer Beethoven. For somebody who never used to like classical and was solely a rock fan for many years I've come to appreciate it in recent times. A lot of classical music doesn't float my boat and a lot of jazz I find too avant garde. I generally like very melodic "emotional" sort of music.

Exactly my own taste. All you left out is Rachmaninoff and Brahms, but I suppose those are given if you like melody.

Harmony, melody-- if I can get those, I'm fine. That includes rock and roll and pop. I even absorbed the blues-y shock when Barry Gibb went falseto in 1975. wink.gif

Rap and hip hop? Not music. If your tastes differ, fine. But for me: yecch.gif yak.gif

Jazz is music, but as with you, not my favorite. Of course there is some old melodic jazz that I enjoy very much-- Gershwin, Cole Porter, The Dave Brubeck Quartet, Nat King Cole, a lot of Louis Armstrong, and so on. None of this is considered very advanced, but the more advanced it is, the more I wish for something else. Coltrane excepted. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Dr. Blofeld
post Thu 10th February 2011, 12:40pm
Post #57

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Ja Milton. Rap and hip hop is a pile of shit... Ye have good taste amigo...

In regards to Jimbo, I do think there are far more equipped people to deal with the job but the reality is that even if somebody replaced him I doubt the functioning of the foundation would be any different. Its easy to blame everything on him but a lot of the problems have to do with the way the foundation operates and cowboy adminship. It seems that it is mostly those who are not interested in developing wikipedia as a resource that have the most power and seem to do little about actually promoting quality. For instance how many language schools exactly are aware of the millions of articles needing translation and sourcing from foreign language sources? We have potential vast pools of new editors but the foundation as far as I can see do very little to actually seek editors. They just expect everybody to do everything for them and wave a wand and magically the articles are improved.

"I don't understand the people who feel that content is more important than anything else " - Wikipedia administrator.

Eaxactly. That sums up many people who have power on wikipedia. They think its a law court not an encyclopedia.

Oh I'd have to say I'm mostly into rock and blues music. But melodic jazz as you say I'm passionate about and I see it as more sophisticated and complex. Its more complex than rock and blues so it appeals to me to figure it out! I must admit though a lot of the avant garde jazz which is completely off key and just sounds like a weird noise I really dislike.
+Quote Post
Dr. Blofeld
post Thu 10th February 2011, 12:48pm
Post #58

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAoQjoJl8mI

That's the sort of jazz piano music I'm leaning to play.

Play Misty for Me...
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name
post Thu 10th February 2011, 2:43pm
Post #59

QUOTE(Dr. Blofeld @ Thu 10th February 2011, 7:48am) *

Play Misty for Me...

Play Misty for Me!!! smile.gif
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny
post Thu 10th February 2011, 3:07pm
Post #60

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

Member No.: 8,272

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Thu 10th February 2011, 9:43am) *

QUOTE(Dr. Blofeld @ Thu 10th February 2011, 7:48am) *

Play Misty for Me...

Play Misty for Me!!! smile.gif

Wow, completely forgot about that book. Perfect reading for lil SB.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th 4 17, 7:27am