FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Elonka vs ChrisO -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Elonka vs ChrisO
alan323

Neophyte

Group: Contributors

ChrisO prepares an RFC about Elonka and Elonka prepares a response. FWIW I don't think Elonka has handled this situation very well at all.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Kelly Martin

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 6,696

It's fascinating to watch the rats scurry around with silly wikilawyering arguments why Elonka cannot be recalled. Various arguments like insisting that Jehochman is not in "good standing", or that she really meant "six net editors" or some other such nonsense.

I doubt she'll consent to recall; Elonka has never seemed particularly bound by any sense of honorable conduct, and I can't imagine that she'll start now. Besides, how is this really any different than what Jimbo would do in the same situation?
+Quote Post
Proabivouac

Bane of all wikiland

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Wed 6th August 2008, 9:45pm) *

It's fascinating to watch the rats scurry around with silly wikilawyering arguments why Elonka cannot be recalled. Various arguments like insisting that Jehochman is not in "good standing", or that she really meant "six net editors" or some other such nonsense.

Six net editors, oh, that's good.

Elonka's tactic is to make enemies, then exclude them from discussions on the ground that they have a history with her. Her friends and sycophants, on the other hand, can always be involved.

Reading from the most worn page of her playbook, she has accused Jehochman of "harassment":
QUOTE( Elonka Dunin)

Jehochman, taking a look at your contribs over the last few days, {{user|Jehochman}}, it appears that nearly all you've been doing, is hovering over my RfC and reacting to everything. As I'm sure you know, you have already been cautioned for harassment on multiple occasions. Some of your comments at the RfC have also been, shall we say, not as truthful as they could have been. So, could you perhaps try to find something else to do on Wikipedia, that isn't related to me? Thanks,
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=230213544

This post has been edited by Proabivouac:
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(Proabivouac @ Wed 6th August 2008, 11:35pm) *

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Wed 6th August 2008, 9:45pm) *

Six net editors, oh, that's good.

Elonka's tactic is to make enemies, then exclude them from discussions on the ground that they have a history with her. Her friends and sycophants, on the other hand, can always be involved.

Reading from the most worn page of her playbook, she has accused Jehochman of "harassment":
QUOTE( Elonka Dunin)

Jehochman, taking a look at your contribs over the last few days, {{user|Jehochman}}, it appears that nearly all you've been doing, is hovering over my RfC and reacting to everything. As I'm sure you know, you have already been cautioned for harassment on multiple occasions. Some of your comments at the RfC have also been, shall we say, not as truthful as they could have been. So, could you perhaps try to find something else to do on Wikipedia, that isn't related to me? Thanks,

I've been trying to reserve judgement on the matter, but Elonka's post on Jehochman's talk page reminds me of another admin who is the current subject of two separate RfARs. To try to intimidate someone with unsupported accusations of harassment is unacceptable. She still hasn't withdrawn it.
+Quote Post
LaraLove

Wikipedia BLP advocate

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Wed 6th August 2008, 8:10pm) *

QUOTE( Elonka Dunin)

I've been trying to reserve judgement on the matter, but Elonka's post on Jehochman's talk page reminds me of another admin who is the current subject of two separate RfARs. To try to intimidate someone with unsupported accusations of harassment is unacceptable. She still hasn't withdrawn it.

Okay, so I have a few questions that perhaps Cla, Jehochman or anyone else following this may know. Because I hadn't really looked at any of it until yesterday.

1/ Are the majority of Jehochman's post over the past week focused on Elonka, specifically to her RFC?
2/ Has Jehochman ever been cautioned for harassment? If so, on multiple occasions?
3/ Has he made comments in the RFC that were not completely accurate?

I'm not being a smartass, I'm seriously asking.

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Fri 8th August 2008, 1:17pm) *

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Wed 6th August 2008, 8:10pm) *

QUOTE( Elonka Dunin)

Okay, so I have a few questions that perhaps Cla, Jehochman or anyone else following this may know. Because I hadn't really looked at any of it until yesterday.

1/ Are the majority of Jehochman's post over the past week focused on Elonka, specifically to her RFC?
2/ Has Jehochman ever been cautioned for harassment? If so, on multiple occasions?
3/ Has he made comments in the RFC that were not completely accurate?

I'm not being a smartass, I'm seriously asking.

Okay, looking myself.

1/ Clearly, yes. Practically all of them. Including one that says he wouldn't touch the RFC with a barge pole. See how that turned out.
+Quote Post
Apathetic

Ãœber Member

her recall requirements were pretty clear
+Quote Post
Ramdrake

Neophyte

Member No.: 7,474

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Fri 8th August 2008, 1:32pm) *

It's clear from looking at some talk pages in the past few days that there are a fair many editors supporting the recall that cannot possibly be objective. Biased and involved. The question is this: is it common sense that such editors would not be in a position to request the recall, or must her criteria, as noted above, be taken exactly as worded?

Lara, you just can't dismiss every single person critical of Elonka as either biased or involved. We each have our own biases, as NPOV reminds us, and most people critical of Elonka are so because of the way she acted in a situation in which they were involved. Point is, Elonka has her own biases and involvements, and doesn't seem to mind letting them show when telling people off (as she did with Jehochman, ChrisO and a number of others).

For goodness' sake, she even tried to paint me as part of a "lynch mob" because we were trying to keep a POV-pusher from inserting his racist biases in several articles, when all we were really trying to do was to avoid seeing NPOV violated, and to see mainstream science properly represented.

Now, notwithstanding anything she might have done or not done wrong, arguing ad nauseam to get the RfC quashed and the disappearing when the RfC is undeleted isn't the kind of thing to make her look her best.

+Quote Post
LaraLove

Wikipedia BLP advocate

QUOTE(Ramdrake @ Fri 8th August 2008, 8:08pm) *

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Fri 8th August 2008, 1:32pm) *

It's clear from looking at some talk pages in the past few days that there are a fair many editors supporting the recall that cannot possibly be objective. Biased and involved. The question is this: is it common sense that such editors would not be in a position to request the recall, or must her criteria, as noted above, be taken exactly as worded?

Lara, you just can't dismiss every single person critical of Elonka as either biased or involved. We each have our own biases, as NPOV reminds us, and most people critical of Elonka are so because of the way she acted in a situation in which they were involved. Point is, Elonka has her own biases and involvements, and doesn't seem to mind letting them show when telling people off (as she did with Jehochman, ChrisO and a number of others).

For goodness' sake, she even tried to paint me as part of a "lynch mob" because we were trying to keep a POV-pusher from inserting his racist biases in several articles, when all we were really trying to do was to avoid seeing NPOV violated, and to see mainstream science properly represented.

Now, notwithstanding anything she might have done or not done wrong, arguing ad nauseam to get the RfC quashed and the disappearing when the RfC is undeleted isn't the kind of thing to make her look her best.

I certainly don't. I have no objections with people being critical of her. By all means, say your peace. My issue is for the recall criteria of six. Common sense would indicate that each should be uninvolved. All those who have been put off by her actions, by all means, present your diffs of admin abuse. But the six requesting recall should be, in my opinion, uninvolved editors looking at the entire situation objectively.

I think the RFC should carry on, then be reviewed at the end by uninvolved editors and admins. At that point, if there is evidence that shows she has clearly abused her tools or administrative status, then she should step down. But the lynch mob fear is one that keeps a lot of admins from using AOR, and it's a big issue with producing any sort of decent recall system. If she has not abused her tools to the point that she deserves to lose them, it's going to have a greater negative affect than just on Elonka. It will have an impact on the whole AOR process and any subsequent attempts to create a decent system.

This post has been edited by LaraLove:
+Quote Post
Lar

"His blandness goes to 11!"

Member No.: 4,290

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Sat 9th August 2008, 2:16am) *

I certainly don't. I have no objections with people being critical of her. By all means, say your peace. My issue is for the recall criteria of six. Common sense would indicate that each should be uninvolved. All those who have been put off by her actions, by all means, present your diffs of admin abuse. But the six requesting recall should be, in my opinion, uninvolved editors looking at the entire situation objectively.

You want only uninvolved editors? Fine. Write that into your process. But don't dictate what process other recallable admins should use. Personally I think "uninvolved" is gamable, so it's not in mine (what's an uninvolved editor anyway?). Elonka's big mistake with respect to recall is to not have a clear and crisp process specified in advance. She was recalled once before so I'm not clear why this didn't get done.

No comment on the substantive issues that people have with her, or the supports others have.

QUOTE(Ramdrake @ Sat 9th August 2008, 7:57am) *

Basically, what you're asking for is for a panel of six juries (uninvolved editors, one way or the other) to unanimously find an admin in default for the recall to happen. While it's an interesting proposal, it's not the current process.

Current process for who? If you look through the list you might find someone that specified it... Elonka has no "current process", as far as I can tell.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
alan323   Elonka vs ChrisO  
Cla68   ChrisO prepares an RFC about Elonka and Elonka pr...  
jd turk   [quote name='alan323' post='117711' date='Wed 30t...  
Disillusioned Lackey   Apropos of nothing, I just glanced at both of tho...  
Yahel Guhan   [quote name='jd turk' post='117774' date='Tue 29t...  
alan323   His pro-palestinian bias has been pointed out bef...  
Yahel Guhan   [quote name='Yahel Guhan' post='117780' date='Wed...  
Milton Roe   Overall, when I was editing, every disputed edit ...  
EuroSceptic   I just see your own bias in this. But is you are b...  
Cla68   The RfC has been posted: http://en.wikipedia.org/...  
Proabivouac   According to Elonka, managing the creation of an e...  
dogbiscuit   Elonka gets the RFC deleted by using her influence...  
Eleland   Elonka gets the RFC deleted by using her influenc...  
Apathetic   deletion overturned in a snowstorm at DRV http://...  
Mr. Mystery   Jehochman proposed recall of Elonka under her own...  
Crestatus   Some people had it coming; Elonka definitely did.  
LaraLove   her recall requirements were pretty clear Witch ...  
Gold heart   her recall requirements were pretty clear Witch...  
Random832   If Elonka does not step down, then it makes the w...  
JoseClutch   If Elonka does not step down, then it makes the ...  
Apathetic   lara did she retained you as her wikilawyer or som...  
LaraLove   lara did she retained you as her wikilawyer or so...  
Wizardman   her recall requirements were pretty clear Perso...  
Proabivouac   Six editors in good standing with a grudge isn...  
Milton Roe   But that's exactly it: Elonka treats people s...  
LaraLove   Six editors in good standing with a grudge isn...  
Gold heart   I see Lar has juxtapositioned himself into the Elo...  
Derktar   It's clear from looking at some talk pages i...  
Ramdrake   I certainly don't. I have no objections with ...  
LaraLove   I certainly don't. I have no objections with...  
Ramdrake   [quote name='Ramdrake' post='120283' date='Sat 9t...  
LaraLove   I've been trying to reserve judgement on the ...  
Random832   Elonka's tactic is to make enemies, then excl...  
Proabivouac   But Elonka has powerful friends in WJBscribe and F...  
AuburnPilot   Elonka's actions aside, the RfC and recall ha...  
Alison   Elonka's actions aside, the RfC and recall h...  
Bishonen   Elonka's actions aside, the RfC and recall h...  
Derktar   [quote name='AuburnPilot' post='119689' date='Wed...  
Proabivouac   Oh, she definitely is. Watch this space and you...  
Merzbow   Oh, she definitely is. Watch this space and you...  
Rootology   Can Bishzilla be a member, too? I support Bishz...  
Milton Roe   Can Bishzilla be a member, too? I support Bish...  
Alison   [quote name='AuburnPilot' post='119689' date='Wed...  
Anonymous editor   [quote name='AuburnPilot' post='119689' date='Wed...  
Jehochman   I've decide to post for the first time. The a...  
Derktar   I've decide to post for the first time. The ...  
Kelly Martin   I've decide to post for the first time. The ...  
Proabivouac   I've decide to post for the first time. The ...  
Disillusioned Lackey   I've decide to post for the first time. The ...  
Mr. Mystery   I've decide to post for the first time. The...  
Jehochman   What are the expectations here? What are the diff...  
Disillusioned Lackey   You overestimate your capacity for "being bor...  
Alison   What are the expectations here? What are the dif...  
Crestatus   How come I didn't get a welcome when I came on...  
Derktar   How come I didn't get a welcome when I came o...  
Cla68   How come I didn't get a welcome when I came o...  
Herschelkrustofsky   How come I didn't get a welcome when I came ...  
Milton Roe   [quote name='Cla68' post='119940' date='Thu 7th A...  
Apathetic   For the first time since May 10, Elonka did not ed...  
Cla68   For the first time since May 10, Elonka did not e...  
AuburnPilot   For the first time since May 10, Elonka did not ...  
Crestatus   Better late than never, I guess. :P  
Jehochman   "Try not to overly attack or harass our dedic...  
Cla68   "Try not to overly attack or harass our dedi...  
Jehochman   Hi, LaraLove. As I have explained, I like to focu...  
Carruthers   Hi, LaraLove. As I have explained, I like to foc...  
Milton Roe   Hi, LaraLove. As I have explained, I like to fo...  
Proabivouac   Cautioned for harassment multiple times? I don...  
Jehochman   I don't think Slim is too likely to post here....  
LaraLove   I don't think Slim is too likely to post here...  
Proabivouac   Durova has endorsed Elonka's recall: http://en...  
LaraLove   Durova has endorsed Elonka's recall: http://e...  
Crestatus   Elonka has been involved in witchhunts in the past...  
Obesity   Elonka responds. But I'm not so sure what sh...  
Apathetic   Summary: "I lied"  
KamrynMatika   Summary: "I lied" ..."and you ca...  
Ramdrake   Summary: "I lied" ..."and you c...  
Gold heart   [quote name='KamrynMatika' post='120596' date='Su...  
Eleland   [quote name='Ramdrake' post='120601' date='Sun 10...  
Ramdrake   [quote name='Ramdrake' post='120601' date='Sun 1...  
Alison   [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Us...  
Ramdrake   Funny, now that Elonka's published her ...  
Bob Boy   I actually used to have some respect for Elonka, b...  
Castle Rock   Round 2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Re...  
Random832   Round 2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:R...  
dogbiscuit   Round 2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:R...  
Proabivouac   Sam Blacketer posted hidden comments along with hi...  
Random832   It has never been more apparent that Arbitrators ...  
Taxwoman   Really what's needed is a mechanism to forcib...  
Bishonen   [quote name='Proabivouac' post='124767' date='Fri...  
Alison   Geogre has made some interesting comments on recu...  
maggot3   [quote name='Bishonen' post='124915' date='Sat 30...  
Alison   [quote name='Bishonen' post='124915' date='Sat 3...  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)