FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Malice's identity -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Malice's identity
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

Group: Contributors

Given Malleus's questioning the leak on Iridescent's talk page and the Arbitrators not saying anything (to the point that Risker's response was being heavily criticized by just about everyone to the point that it was obvious that she was either covering up matters or just being disruptive), what can be revealed here about Malice's identity?

Somey, can you tell us at least which country the individual comes from? Using a Proxy or something else? Is it an Arb or some regular on WR or just some new person? Anything?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Casliber

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Thu 13th October 2011, 10:18pm) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Wed 12th October 2011, 4:00pm) *

Then that brings up the question as to why he hacked, or how he knew where to hack.

And there is the question of why did he bother hacking in the first place. To entertain a dozen or so people on Wikipedia Review? No self-respecting hacker would aim so low.

Malice's identity, I believe, was always fairly obvious - and the more he communicated with us, the more obvious it became.

Oh yes? Do share who you suspect it to be....
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

QUOTE(Casliber @ Fri 14th October 2011, 9:30pm) *

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Thu 13th October 2011, 10:18pm) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Wed 12th October 2011, 4:00pm) *

Then that brings up the question as to why he hacked, or how he knew where to hack.

And there is the question of why did he bother hacking in the first place. To entertain a dozen or so people on Wikipedia Review? No self-respecting hacker would aim so low.

Malice's identity, I believe, was always fairly obvious - and the more he communicated with us, the more obvious it became.

Yes, I've shared my thoughts with people who contact me privately for an in-depth analysis. I am not posting it here because that person is a regular WR contributor with a history of a mean streak.
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Sat 15th October 2011, 2:45am) *

Yes, I've shared my thoughts with people who contact me privately for an in-depth analysis. I am not posting it here because that person is a regular WR contributor with a history of a mean streak.

That doesn't narrow it down very much... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sat 15th October 2011, 1:09am) *

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Sat 15th October 2011, 2:45am) *

That doesn't narrow it down very much... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

I would add that the person is a sitting Arbitrator.

But still... doesn't narrow it down. Out of all the visiting Arbs, I think Casliber has been the only one to really be nice (except for one Arb who used an alternate name and wasn't publicly identified, so I wont reveal that as I haven't seen it used since he took office). A few don't speak at all really (but have accounts). But the majority... yah.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)