FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Sunday is making me ill -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Sunday is making me ill, Yet another sycophantic article
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

"Mr Know It All is giving up billions" -today's Sunday Times. Deferential profile of the great man 'would rather be a carpenter than an architect'; "I've absolutely no idea, I know about as much as the next guy".

It's half to be expected, given the 10th anniversary. But half our fault. I meant to sketch out an article for one of the British dailies, but never got round to it. I turned down an interview with Radio 4 (frankly I was too embarassed to have my family and friends know I am involved with Wikipedia, but that idea is for another thread).

Is there any way of turning off this stream of diarrhea? The "comments campaign" clearly hasn't worked - not enough people read these. What is needed is PR for the other 'Wikipedia Story' on US or British or other national media. Any ideas?

Amid the vitriolic political debate in modern America, the code of civility that Wales hs imposed on Wikipedia is notable - not just in the way users are addressed, but also the courteous manner in which vexatious contributors are discouraged. To his way of thinking, diplomacy and conflict resolution invariably win out over those who 'shout loudest'.

This post has been edited by Peter Damian:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)