FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
"aggressive trolling not welcome here" -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> "aggressive trolling not welcome here"
mbz1

Group: Contributors

Aggressive trolling not welcome here

I believe this should have it's own thread.
I see neither trolling nor aggression in the removed post.
The speed of the removal of this post indicates that Jimbo was not comfortable with it, but why?
The post was made not by IP, not by a sock.
It was made by profilic content contributor , the kind of contributors whose work make readers to donate to wikipedia.
It contained a valid questions of a person who clearly looking for ways to improve wikipedia, not to attack it.
Doesn't Jjmbo understand that removing posts with such edit summaries could evoke only bigger interest to these posts?

This post has been edited by mbz1:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
cookiehead

How much does Wales earn per year? Is his income solely from WP? Is he wealthy? How?
Surely he's not still riding on his commodities exchange profits from over 15 years ago?

He should be sending Cla68 royalty checks.

This post has been edited by cookiehead:
+Quote Post
thekohser

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(cookiehead @ Thu 1st December 2011, 2:57pm) *

How much does Wales earn per year? Is his income solely from WP? Is he wealthy? How?
Surely he's not still riding on his commodities exchange profits from over 15 years ago?

He should be sending Cla68 royalty checks.

He does not draw any income directly from Wikipedia or the Wikimedia Foundation. Most of his income is tied to paid speaking engagements and sale of shares of Wikia, Inc. stock.

This has been adroitly covered by one journalist in the mainstream media, thank you very much.

There are publicly-available legal records that itemize to the dollar Jimmy Wales' annual income and expenditures for 2009.

Readers who are interested in obtaining the complete set of public divorce files for Jimmy and Christine Wales may walk up, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the Records & Information Management office - Mid-County Branch, 14155 49th Street North, Clearwater, Florida 33760. There is a $1 per page copying fee. Or, you may contact your National Wiki Examiner at ResearchBiz (at) gmail.com to obtain the complete PDF file electronically, for a small processing fee.

+Quote Post
cookiehead

Well, then, maybe it's time for "Occupy Wikipedia Street" where the 99% of Wikipedia's content contributors can have their say over the 1% Barnstar Vampires that spend all of their time on WP:ANI crying like children.

Without going on a link hunt to Kohsland, does Jimbo make north of a million annually, round estimates?

If I were Cla68, I'd never contribute another word to a website run by a man who treats one of its finest contributors like that.

This post has been edited by cookiehead:
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

Group: Regulars

Actually, I think I understand Jimbo because he reminds me a little of myself before I got married and serious over 10 years ago. I think he feels he has a good thing going. He has fame, fortune (more or less), power, and influence, and he is just trying to ride it all out for as long as he can.

Thus, he has no interest in being a true leader, of buckling down and actually using the business management best practices he learned in college, of trying to be a workaholic visionary like Steve Jobs, or of engaging beyond a superficial level with most the volunteers who populate Wikipedia. To do any of those things might get in the way of his groove and spoil his party.

To be fair, he isn't a complete hedonist, but yet he doesn't allow himself to get drawn into anything that would require truly serious, sober, attention in which he would have to sacrifice doing whatever he wants to do when he wants to do it. Being a professional speaker is perfect for him, because that job doesn't require him to show up at an office at a certain time and sit there all day or to maintain proper decorum such as by not dating your subordinates.

Anyway, the purpose of my questions wasn't to give Jimbo a hard time. It was to make sure that observers, and many others watch Jimbo's talk page including journalists, are remembering to hold the WMF to the high standard that the WMF executives are apparently having a hard time holding themselves to. Also, to let the WMF know, whom I assume also watch Jimbo's talk page, that they are expected to act like a real corporate management team, as in actually providing true leadership and not just PR. Nothing less is acceptable.

This post has been edited by Cla68:
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Thu 1st December 2011, 11:25pm) *

Actually, I think I understand Jimbo because he reminds me a little of myself before I got married and serious over 10 years ago.

I doubt marriage is going to help Jimbo. After all he's going to be married the third time, but so far I see no positive result (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)

This post has been edited by mbz1:
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mbz1   "aggressive trolling not welcome here"  
It's the blimp, Frank   I believe I saw this mentioned in another thread e...  
mbz1   I believe I saw this mentioned in another thread ...  
Herschelkrustofsky   [quote name='It's the blimp, Frank' post='289...  
The Joy   I know it's become a cliche here, but Jimbo do...  
Emperor   I just don't understand what goes on in his m...  
TungstenCarbide   Aggressive trolling not welcome here Researches f...  
Alison   [quote name='mbz1' post='289909' date='Thu 1st De...  
RMHED   a workaholic visionary like Steve Jobs, Yeah, t...  
radek   Actually, I think I understand Jimbo because he r...  
Cla68   Actually, I think I understand Jimbo because he ...  
radek   [quote name='radek' post='289979' date='Thu 1st D...  
Cla68   Actually, I think I understand Jimbo because he ...  
mbz1   [quote name='mbz1' post='289985' date='Fri 2nd De...  
thekohser   Without going on a link hunt to Kohsland, does Ji...  
cookiehead   Without going on a link hunt to Kohsland, does J...  
Alison   Not lazy, just don't want to click on your si...  
thekohser   Not lazy, just don't want to click on your si...  
Cla68   Not lazy, just don't want to click on your s...  
thekohser   [quote name='thekohser' post='289998' date='Fri 2...  
Tarc   Or, you may contact your National Wiki Examiner at...  
thekohser   Or, you may contact your National Wiki Examiner a...  
mbz1   And here comes our own Radek Selected quotes:  
Eppur si muove   Here is what must be a once-in-a-lifetime event. S...  
Herschelkrustofsky   Here is what must be a once-in-a-lifetime event. ...  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)