FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Mantanmoreland goes socking? (Again?) -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mantanmoreland goes socking? (Again?), LOL
Piperdown

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sus.../Mantanmoreland

a big birdie tells me he's gotten caught again on off-WP sites sockpuppeting with new names, lol. Looks like this "bassett" guy on WP is up to the samiharris-mantanmoreland legacy.

At this point, anyone without a non-SPA history of some length on WP should be Checkusered if they edit the Patrick Byrne-Overstock-Naked Shorting trifecta of "let's fuck Byrne!" that's been going on, on-WP for years.

And who's the last person who should be doing a checkuser on Gary Weiss's socks or potential socks? (um, after Slimmy that is)?

Thatcher.

LOL. Thatcher, you've already been proven a wikifraud on the Gary Saga. Turn over the bullshit story to someone else. No one believes you any more on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req.../Mantanmoreland

Nevard is not Weiss, that's not news. Bassett's activity smells of Team Gary.

Tor proxies by any chance? Maybe Gary's gotten smart enough to get one of his associates to take up his man-love torch for Byrne.

This post has been edited by Piperdown:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jorge

Postmaster

Group: On Vacation

If there was such thing as "avatar awards"- that would win (horror category).
+Quote Post
Derktar

WR Black Ops

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,381

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Adm..._and_Bassettcat

Mantanmoreland and Bassettcat

* Bassettcat (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · block user · block log) - for editing history.
* Mantanmoreland (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · block user · block log)

Technical and behavioral information indicate a very great possibility that User:Bassettcat is an abusive sock-puppet or otherwise editing in breach of both puppetry policy and most of the remedies of the case Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/Mantanmoreland. Specifically:

* Remedy 1 - "Any current or future editor who, after this decision is announced, makes substantial edits to Naked short selling, Overstock.com, Patrick M. Byrne, Gary Weiss, or closely related pages or discussions on any page is directed: (A) To edit on these from only a single user account, which shall be the user's sole or main account; ... © To edit in accordance with all Wikipedia policies ... (D) To disclose on the relevant talk pages any circumstances ... that constitute or may reasonably be perceived as constituting a conflict of interest with respect to that page."

* Remedy 4 - "Mantanmoreland, under any current or future account, is banned from editing articles related to Gary Weiss, Patrick Byrne, Overstock.com, Naked Short Selling, and other mainspace articles in the area of dispute, broadly construed."

* Remedy 5 - "Mantanmoreland is directed to edit Wikipedia from only a single user account"

On May 14 2008, Bassettcat edited from his normal IP range at both 00:12 and 00:15, followed by an edit made on a second IP located over a thousand miles away at 00:18, and then an edit at his normal dialup IP at 00:21. The IP, located an estimated 500 - 1000 miles away, was a dsl connection, and almost beyond doubt, Mantanmoreland's (the same /25 block for those who understand IPs: ww.xx.yy.19 for Mantanmoreland, vs. ww.xx.yy.88 for Bassetcat). This is likely to show two things - when Bassetcat has access to a dsl connection in one city, he prefers to avoid using it and to instead edit via dialup using a connection that locates to around 500 - 1000 miles away, and that the dsl connection Bassetcat avoids editing through is almost certainly the connection of a user with past likely sock-puppetry, and an Arbcom ban on editing the articles that Bassettcat almost exclusively seeks to edit.

This is in addition to strong prior behavioral evidence that had alerted a number of users to the connection as well. Bassettcat's contributions were already suspect (see results of UserCompare, and Wikipedia:Requests for checkuser/Case/Mantanmoreland). The question of "framing" was considered but technical evidence suggests it is both unlikely, and would have required a significant degree of telepathy. Other potential explanations such as "visiting on business" or "not my dsl" were considered but evaluated as being rather less likely, given the case evidence and its back-history.

Based on these findings I have blocked Bassettcat as a sockpuppet, and blocked Mantanmoreland for 2 weeks for breach of sock-puppetry policy and of the remedies of this case. Due to the gross egregious nature of this activity, I was tempted to block for considerably longer (some will surely feel a site ban is to be expected and wonder why not given) but feel that in fact this plus the sock being blocked, is sufficient, this time at least. Do not repeat after the block ends, and final warning on all egregious abuse or evasion issues of these kinds.

FT2 (Talk | email) 21:51, 28 May 2008 (UTC)

Poor guy, he just couldn't behave.
+Quote Post
SirFozzie

Ãœber Member

Gee, I'm so shocked. Not.
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

Logged: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...blocks_and_bans

This post has been edited by Cla68:
+Quote Post
Heat

Tenured

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Wed 28th May 2008, 11:07pm) *

Definitely time to slap a sockpuppeteer tag on Mantanmoreland's userpage and create [[Category:Wikipedia_sockpuppets_of_Mantanmoreland]] and [[Category:Suspected_Wikipedia_sockpuppets_of_Mantanmoreland]]
+Quote Post
SirFozzie

Ãœber Member

I think it's necessary, but if I did it, I'd be accused of kicking folks while they're down (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Aloft

Please stop trying to cause trouble!

It's not his fault! Can't you see he's being subject to off-site trolling and harassment?

Where's JzG to step in and defend him again?
+Quote Post
Castle Rock

Member No.: 3,051

QUOTE(Aloft @ Wed 28th May 2008, 4:27pm) *

It's not his fault! Can't you see he's being subject to off-site trolling and harassment?

Where's JzG to step in and defend him again?

Oh noes, JzG is on a wikibreak to avoid his Arbitration case.

This post has been edited by Castle Rock:
+Quote Post
WordBomb

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(SirFozzie @ Wed 28th May 2008, 4:41pm) *

Gee, I'm so shocked. Not.
How shall we celebrate?
+Quote Post
SirFozzie

Ãœber Member

Well, for me, it's 0 calorie lemonade, and Nutrisystem "diet" food.

The good news is I'm down three pounds in less then a week so far (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

I have to admit, that more then the frustration over MM not being sitebanned YET, I'm feeling vindicated that the work Durova, G-Dett, Cool Hand Luke and to a point, myself did on Wikipedia has now been vindicated at the highest level possible. (not discounting the work Judd and others have done OFF of WP, mind you)

This post has been edited by SirFozzie:
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

Gary, in honour of his latest socking, and of Don Martin, got really upset with this latest outing of his little problem, and wrote 2 more hysterical blogs against Byrne and his "Baloney Brigade" (that now includes the head of the SEC, several Senators, powerful lawyers, witnesses, Hedge funds who've sued prime brokers for it, etc) today.

One of them was straight out of Emily Litella's schtick, lol. Went on and on and he didn't even read the article before he went off in a white-hot diatribe.

Apparently, any place is a good place for Gary to be off-base about naked short selling*

* that's just for you, Gary-Sami Moreland....
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

so this "FT" has blocked MM and banned Bassetcat.

Whither art thou, Thatcher?

You folks remember Thatcher. Gave Bassett a clean bill of health a few weeks ago. Imagine that.

Thatcher's behaviour on this matter over the years has been....interesting.

This post has been edited by Piperdown:
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:ANI..._and_Bassettcat

On the admins noticeboard, where this business is being discussed, there is a complete absense of the usual idiotic mob. No Sidaways. No Sandifers. No Gerards. No JzGs. No SlimVirgins. No Jayjgs.

Where have they all gone? Where are all the people who have been attacking the mere idea that Gary Weiss was using socks to corrupt a series of articles? Where are all the people who attacked Wordbomb, Cla68, this site, even Cade Metz, over the last year or so?

Where are the admissions of responsibility? Where are the arenas where this corrupt crew can be held accountable for their actions over this?

The whole Weiss thing was classic Wikipedia. It was so damn obvious what was going on after any kind of mature analysis of the facts back in the early days. And yet those lunatics were allowed to get away with it in the face of any form of common sense for sooo long. And not only that, they aggressively rubbed people's noses in their nonsense. Just ridiculous.
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Kato @ Thu 29th May 2008, 12:52am) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:ANI..._and_Bassettcat

On the admins noticeboard, where this business is being discussed, there is a complete absense of the usual idiotic mob. No Sidaways. No Sandifers. No Gerards. No JzGs. No SlimVirgins. No Jayjgs.

Where have they all gone? Where are all the people who have been attacking the mere idea that Gary Weiss was using socks to corrupt a series of articles? Where are all the people who attacked Wordbomb, Cla68, this site, even Cade Metz, over the last year or so?

Where are the admissions of responsibility? Where are the arenas where this corrupt crew can be held accountable for their actions over this?

The whole Weiss thing was classic Wikipedia. It was so damn obvious what was going on after any kind of mature analysis of the facts back in the early days. And yet those lunatics were allowed to get away with it in the face of any form of common sense for sooo long. And not only that, they aggressively rubbed people's noses in their nonsense. Just ridiculous.

Jossi chimed in with disdain about Gary's behaviour. Lol. Of all people. Although maybe Jossi just has a massive conflict of interest and WP:OWN problem with just one account and doesn't play the self-talking sock game like Gary.
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Wed 28th May 2008, 5:51pm) *

You folks remember Thatcher. Gave Bassett a clean bill of health a few weeks ago. Imagine that.

Weeel ... Bassetcat had been on the radar for quite some time, too. I remember this checkuser case from some weeks back, although MM wasn't explicitly mentioned. Given that the account was only five days old, there would not have been a whole lot to go on, and Thatcher pretty-much said that, well, things seemed okay.

I've no idea of the checkuser info as I've not checked anyways (honest!), nor would I tell, but given the last case, it's likely that MM had got even sneakier since the previous experience and likely did his best to avoid association. Just speculation on my part, mind ...

This post has been edited by Alison:
+Quote Post
SirFozzie

Ãœber Member

From what FT2 said, looks like MM screwed up once and made an edit from a MM IP with the Bassetcat account instead of the dial in and that was enough to trip him up
+Quote Post
WordBomb

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(SirFozzie @ Wed 28th May 2008, 7:30pm) *

From what FT2 said, looks like MM screwed up once and made an edit from a MM IP with the Bassetcat account instead of the dial in and that was enough to trip him up
I find this the most sublime of all ironies: in the end, it was the ridiculously ineffective ArbCom decision (to allow Mantanmoreland to edit non-NSS articles) that was, in the end, his undoing.

Otherwise, there would have been no point of reference for associating MM and Bassettcat.

Another effect of the earlier ArbCom decision was -- just as they'd intended -- that it was very difficult to sell this as a story to any worthwhile media outlet, given nothing really happened.

And so, I didn't even bother.

Believe me when I say that's not how things are going to be tomorrow.

At this point, it's an embarrassment of riches: either the guy is site-banned or he's not. Site-banning this shyster journalist will be a huge story. But, given FT2's findings, not site-banning might make for an even bigger story.

I'm a little torn... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

QUOTE(Alison @ Wed 28th May 2008, 6:23pm) *

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Wed 28th May 2008, 5:51pm) *

Weeel ... Bassetcat had been on the radar for quite some time, too. I remember this checkuser case from some weeks back, although MM wasn't explicitly mentioned. Given that the account was only five days old, there would not have been a whole lot to go on, and Thatcher pretty-much said that, well, things seemed okay.

Okay, so I had a dig around. From what FT2 said;
On May 14 2008, Bassettcat edited from his normal IP range at both 00:12 and 00:15, followed by an edit made on a second IP located over a thousand miles away at 00:18, and then an edit at his normal dialup IP at 00:21.

That was weeks after Thatcher ran the first RFCU case on April 3, so he'd no chance of catching him until MM goofed with that single edit. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
Viridae

Fat Cat

I LOL'd.
+Quote Post
Gold heart

Lean duck!

Group: Inactive

QUOTE(Viridae @ Thu 29th May 2008, 2:59am) *

I LOL'd.

Catching socks. Job satisfaction. Exhilarating, no doubt? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

How many socks could a sockpuppeteer sock if a sockpuppeteer could sock socks?

Maybe Mantanmoreland knows! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(WordBomb @ Thu 29th May 2008, 1:40am) *

At this point, it's an embarrassment of riches: either the guy is site-banned or he's not. Site-banning this shyster journalist will be a huge story. But, given FT2's findings, not site-banning might make for an even bigger story.

I'm a little torn... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

Here's today's Moment of Zen from that discussion:

Non-voting comment - Whilst a ban is usually a popular thing to vote for, I propose a block of a fixed time period (and not a ridiculous period, like 3,481 years). This allows the user to reflect. Banning only helps websites like Wikipedia Review. I give only philosophical comments and am not casting a vote. Comployeah (talk) 23:56, 28 May 2008 (UTC)

And we can't have THAT, can we? Instead, let's keep all the people banned who went to WP to complain about about Mantan, all those months ago, while we continue to handle Mantan with kid gloves, so as not to help WR.

You know those bad WR people? They lie and say evil things about WP, like how it's dysfunctional, vicious toward newbies and people who know the score, permits sockpuppeting from cronies of the cabal; and in addition, is filled to the max with pompous nerds who cannot find their rear ends with both hands? But who frequently want to? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

Yep, that's us. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/mad.gif)

This post has been edited by Milton Roe:
+Quote Post
Gold heart

Lean duck!

Group: Inactive

QUOTE(The Joy @ Thu 29th May 2008, 3:24am) *

How many socks could a sockpuppeteer sock if a sockpuppeteer could sock socks?

Maybe Mantanmoreland knows! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif)

How long is a piece of string? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

The amusing aspect about is that much of Wikipedia's finest work is done by socks. Socks can be good and also serve as an expedient counter against barnbot pov-pushers.

"Sock-it-to-them" Mantanmoreland. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

"Long live the socks", they keep some folks intent, no doubt!

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 29th May 2008, 3:35am) *

You know those bad WR people? They lie and say evil things about WP, like how it's dysfunctional, vicious toward newbies and people who know the score, permits sockpuppeting from cronies of the cabal, and it addition, is filled to the max with pompous nerds who cannot find their rear ends with both hands? But who frequently want to? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

Yep, that's us. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/mad.gif)

Cultish, ain't it? Those bad outsiders who criticise WP. How dare they! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
Sarcasticidealist

Head exploded.

Member No.: 4,536

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Wed 28th May 2008, 7:35pm) *
Here's today's Moment of Zen from that discussion:

Non-voting comment - Whilst a ban is usually a popular thing to vote for, I propose a block of a fixed time period (and not a ridiculous period, like 3,481 years). This allows the user to reflect. Banning only helps websites like Wikipedia Review. I give only philosophical comments and am not casting a vote. Comployeah (talk) 23:56, 28 May 2008 (UTC)

In fairness, that was a Dereks1x (Archtransit's sockmaster) sock, so I don't think anything he says can be considered as being cabal-authorized.
+Quote Post
Viridae

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Gold heart @ Thu 29th May 2008, 12:21pm) *

QUOTE(Viridae @ Thu 29th May 2008, 2:59am) *

I LOL'd.

Catching socks. Job satisfaction. Exhilarating, no doubt? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)

I've never caught a sock in my life. I LOL'd at arbcom being so spectacuarly wrong and then having it thrown in their face.
+Quote Post
cyofee

Mantanmoreland (the account) isn't banned becasue it might provide evidence about the misdeeds of the person behind it (and it has).
+Quote Post
BobbyBombastic

gabba gabba hey

Member No.: 1,223

QUOTE(Viridae @ Thu 29th May 2008, 3:52am) *

I've never caught a sock in my life. I LOL'd at arbcom being so spectacuarly wrong and then having it thrown in their face.
I laughed too. At least FT2 was willing to admit what he found though, instead of just feeding it to the dog and acting like the evidence did not exist. So I guess I have to give him some respect for that. Certainly not all Arbcom members would have acted on this--that is evidenced by their previous comments, refusal to say Mantan was socking, and their ridiculous "Samiharris is Wordbomb" theory.

If Gary/Mantan is reading this, I have an offer that is out of this world. How would you like to have a BIG advertisement positioned on the front page of the Internet's hottest wiki directory, for the entire month of June 2008?! No need to sock, cultivate powerful friends, purchase proxy services, or pretend that you are Catholic! Sound too good to be true? Then don't take my word for it, try it today!
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(No one of consequence @ Wed 28th May 2008, 10:49pm) *
Getting back to topic, I wonder if Mantanmoreland is finally banned, maybe he would like to join Wikipedia Review? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

He already has, at least twice. One is just a lurker account in case the other (occasionally active) one gets suspended, of course...
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

Could you run through Verifiability not Truth once more?

Member No.: 4,015

QUOTE(Somey @ Thu 29th May 2008, 5:12pm) *

He already has, at least twice. One is just a lurker account in case the other (occasionally active) one gets suspended, of course...

Ooh, you're such a tease (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
BobbyBombastic

gabba gabba hey

Member No.: 1,223

Mod note: The discussion among Wikipedia Reviewers Who Are Watching Their Weight was moved here.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Somey @ Thu 29th May 2008, 4:12pm) *

QUOTE(No one of consequence @ Wed 28th May 2008, 10:49pm) *
Getting back to topic, I wonder if Mantanmoreland is finally banned, maybe he would like to join Wikipedia Review? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

Ewwwww.
+Quote Post
One

Postmaster General

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(BobbyBombastic @ Thu 29th May 2008, 4:01pm) *

I laughed too. At least FT2 was willing to admit what he found though, instead of just feeding it to the dog and acting like the evidence did not exist. So I guess I have to give him some respect for that. Certainly not all Arbcom members would have acted on this--that is evidenced by their previous comments, refusal to say Mantan was socking, and their ridiculous "Samiharris is Wordbomb" theory.

The new Arbs were the good guys in that ArbCom; I think FT2 was vindicating himself. Recall how UninvitedCompany claimed that the more "experienced" Arbs were the most reluctant to draw conclusions from the "ambiguous" evidence. Note how FT2 and FayssalF are ready to seriously entertain indefinite ban. I think those two plus NYB would have banned him to begin with.
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

QUOTE(One @ Thu 29th May 2008, 11:23am) *

QUOTE(BobbyBombastic @ Thu 29th May 2008, 4:01pm) *

The new Arbs were the good guys in that ArbCom; I think FT2 was vindicating himself. Recall how UninvitedCompany claimed that the more "experienced" Arbs were the most reluctant to draw conclusions from the "ambiguous" evidence. Note how FT2 and FayssalF are ready to seriously entertain indefinite ban. I think those two plus NYB would have banned him to begin with.

What I liked about this case was that FT2 came right out on behalf of ArbCom, stated the facts, laid out the evidence and didn't brush the whole matter under the carpet. This is how things should be dealt with, as we've seen time and time again that coverups and under-the-counter deals only get found out in the end, and only foster an atmosphere of distrust. This time - good call, IMO. Let's hope this is the default setting and not just some aberration (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

Could you run through Verifiability not Truth once more?

Member No.: 4,015

Gone

Even when given a poke, his defenders were silent. However, this is a standard tactic - ignore an unwinnable argument and then come back later with a different tactic. So what will it be:

* ArbCom decision does not support,
* not long enough to discuss something as important as a community ban so overturning while regaining consensus,
* Krimpet is acting as a proxy for a banned site?

Place your bets.
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Thu 29th May 2008, 11:44am) *

Gone

Even when given a poke, his defenders were silent. However, this is a standard tactic - ignore an unwinnable argument and then come back later with a different tactic. So what will it be:

* ArbCom decision does not support,
* not long enough to discuss something as important as a community ban so overturning while regaining consensus,
* Krimpet is acting as a proxy for a banned site?

Place your bets.

(sticks neck out)

Vindication feels good right now, I'll bet (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

All this time wasting, all the effort put in by so many people over months and months. And he gets away with it. It's obvious that he'd felt emboldened by the previous case and felt he could get away with anything.

Still, he slipped up and now he's busted (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) Good riddance! A lot of people got hurt, got sucked into this whole mess (nods @ Piperdown), wasted valuable time in painstaking investigations only to have it largely ignored and a lot of otherwise good people were cowed by overbearing bullies.

Good riddance to that and hopefully, to the dark days of guilt by association. Well done, guys (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
One

Postmaster General

Group: Contributors

No one will touch that.

Don't get me wrong. They would have argued to the ends of the earth if it could be dismissed as "circumstantial evidence," but CU kills it. They look foolish, and they won't want to draw attention to their idiocy. (I think this is why FT2 and FayssalF have commented and not, say, FloNight.)
+Quote Post
thekohser

QUOTE(BobbyBombastic @ Thu 29th May 2008, 12:01pm) *

If Gary/Mantan is reading this, I have an offer that is out of this world. How would you like to have a BIG advertisement positioned on the front page of the Internet's hottest wiki directory, for the entire month of June 2008?! No need to sock, cultivate powerful friends, purchase proxy services, or pretend that you are Catholic! Sound too good to be true? Then don't take my word for it, try it today!

I can't believe you'd have the nerve to pollute this site with a commercial, for-profit spam link!
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 29th May 2008, 12:08pm) *

QUOTE(BobbyBombastic @ Thu 29th May 2008, 12:01pm) *

I can't believe you'd have the nerve to pollute this site with a commercial, for-profit spam link!

It's okay - I'll update MediaWiki:Spam-blacklist on here.

Oh wait .... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Alison @ Thu 29th May 2008, 7:04pm) *

Vindication feels good right now, I'll bet (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

All this time wasting, all the effort put in by so many people over months and months. And he gets away with it. It's obvious that he'd felt emboldened by the previous case and felt he could get away with anything.

Still, he slipped up and now he's busted (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) Good riddance! A lot of people got hurt, got sucked into this whole mess (nods @ Piperdown), wasted valuable time in painstaking investigations only to have it largely ignored and a lot of otherwise good people were cowed by overbearing bullies.

Good riddance to that and hopefully, to the dark days of guilt by association. Well done, guys (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

It's not over till the damage is fixed. Wordbomb is still blocked for complaining about this. They have him blocked for the complaint he made connecting an account with a real person (not knowing this is sacrosanct) and then SlimV seems to have lost the records (and so has everybody else) regarding whether he continued to talk about GW after being blocked. THEN after keeping him blocked, he switched tactics to the only ones he had available. Now he's banned for those.

But this all goes back to the cop who nightsticks a guy for protesting outside the political convention, after which they guy beats up the cop, gets arrested, busts out of jail, and winds up in prison for all kinds of resistance to authority things much worse than protesting outside a convention. And nothing is said about the violent cop. And everybody is congratulating themselves because it's been proven that substance of the original protest was correct. Yeah, but what about the guy still in the slammer for resisting arrest and jailbreak?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)