FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Arbcom follies -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arbcom follies, Arbcom is totally blown away by the leaker
chrisoff

Group: Contributors

How can arbcom be so totally in outer space regarding the leaker. Their answer are pathetic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_tal...ity_Speculation

Are they really as dumb and inadequate as they come across? Even the super techie ones? And these are the people deciding the fate of wikipedia and its editors?

Giano, my hero! Dear clear sighted one!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
No one of consequence

I want to stare at the seaside and do nothing at all

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Thu 28th July 2011, 8:18pm) *

In this case Giano is pursuing what is probably the least likely explanation, and is ignoring several more plausible explanations. Security for the mailing list was just bad, and anyone who (a) understood computer security and (b) knew how the Mailman software worked would have known this. The problem is that the people who did know this (a couple of Arbs, possibly, and most of the developers) didn't bother to fix it until after the big breach. Which is pretty much human nature, unfortunately.

And it is entirely plausible that the devs were warned, and they just decided that bots and widgets and new tools for fixing capitalization errors were more important.
+Quote Post
chrisoff

In this case Giano is pursuing what is probably the least likely explanation, and is ignoring several more plausible explanations. Security for the mailing list was just bad, and anyone who (a) understood computer security and (b) knew how the Mailman software worked would have known this. The problem is that the people who did know this (a couple of Arbs, possibly, and most of the developers) didn't bother to fix it until after the big breach. Which is pretty much human nature, unfortunately.

And it is entirely plausible that the devs were warned, and they just decided that bots and widgets and new tools for fixing capitalization errors were more important.

I don't buy it. There's at least one arb that acts very techie on other sites, is a checkuser and such, and they NEVER worried about email security of "personal, sensitive" info that arbs, those supposedly trustworthy beings, happily gossip about among themselves? Giano is on the right track. Tabloid material.
+Quote Post
thekohser

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Thu 28th July 2011, 4:18pm) *

How can arbcom be so totally in outer space regarding the leaker. Their answer are pathetic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_tal...ity_Speculation

Are they really as dumb and inadequate as they come across? Even the super techie ones? And these are the people deciding the fate of wikipedia and its editors?

That was the most delightful reading of the past week. Thanks, Chrisoff!
+Quote Post
InkBlot

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Thu 28th July 2011, 4:34pm) *

I don't buy it. There's at least one arb that acts very techie on other sites, is a checkuser and such, and they NEVER worried about email security of "personal, sensitive" info that arbs, those supposedly trustworthy beings, happily gossip about among themselves? Giano is on the right track. Tabloid material.

They, like many IT professionals, fall into the trap of thinking 'security through obscurity' is...well, actually secure. It's not. The old setup was weak and horribly insecure, but they must have figured if no one could see how flimsy the setup was they wouldn't know where to poke holes in it.

Giano just has to see ArbCom as villians actively plotting against him. It's the only way he can explain all the poop which has been dumped on his head over the years without admitting some of it, any of it, might just possibly have been brought on by his own self. Maybe I'm naive, but I've always lived closer to the adage: "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity."
+Quote Post
SpiderAndWeb

QUOTE(InkBlot @ Thu 28th July 2011, 10:39pm) *

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Thu 28th July 2011, 4:34pm) *

They, like many IT professionals, fall into the trap of thinking 'security through obscurity' is...well, actually secure. It's not. The old setup was weak and horribly insecure, but they must have figured if no one could see how flimsy the setup was they wouldn't know where to poke holes in it.

Giano just has to see ArbCom as villians actively plotting against him. It's the only way he can explain all the poop which has been dumped on his head over the years without admitting some of it, any of it, might just possibly have been brought on by his own self. Maybe I'm naive, but I've always lived closer to the adage: "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity."

Frankly, certain members of ArbCom do plot against him, as can be seen in e.g. the leaked emails about the Arbcom wiki "hack," and his posting of the !! sockpuppetry evidence.

This post has been edited by SpiderAndWeb:
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Thu 28th July 2011, 4:18pm) *

Are they really as dumb and inadequate as they come across?

Put it this way - if they had brains, would they be wasting their time hiding behind pseudonyms on a make-believe Sanhedrin? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif)
+Quote Post
Sololol

Bell the Cat

QUOTE(No one of consequence @ Thu 28th July 2011, 5:14pm) *

I don't think Giano is off-base in thinking it's an inside job versus hacking. It just doesn't matter. And they'd never tell even if they knew: the leaker would say they were hacked (in all honesty or just whipping out the victim card) and we know how that goes. Tune in next leak to find out.
+Quote Post
Vigilant

QUOTE(Sololol @ Fri 29th July 2011, 6:12am) *

I don't think Giano is off-base in thinking it's an inside job versus hacking. It just doesn't matter. And they'd never tell even if they knew: the leaker would say they were hacked (in all honesty or just whipping out the victim card) and we know how that goes. Tune in next leak to find out.

The easiest way to do this would be to send a phishing email to each and every arb. Anyone with unpatched/not using email anti-virus gets their machine rooted. Search their drives for what you want. download the entire archive from the rooted machine.

Provide requested searches while letting arbcom thrash about wondering who the traitor is.
+Quote Post
Sololol

Bell the Cat

QUOTE(Vigilant @ Fri 29th July 2011, 2:23am) *

The easiest way to do this would be to send a phishing email to each and every arb. Anyone with unpatched/not using email anti-virus gets their machine rooted. Search their drives for what you want. download the entire archive from the rooted machine.

Provide requested searches while letting arbcom thrash about wondering who the traitor is.

I have no idea how you'd do any of that. Maybe it's really simple. But it seems simpler to imagine someone with any of the numerous possible motivations (revenge/boredom/reform/Malice offered them a delicious sandwich) and sending it out. Something along the lines of what's happened three known times before and God knows how many other times. Again, it doesn't really matter since they can't stop either from happening again, just fun to speculate.
+Quote Post
gomi

Group: Members

QUOTE(Sololol @ Thu 28th July 2011, 11:44pm) *
The easiest way to do this would be to send a phishing email to each and every arb.
I have no idea how you'd do any of that. Maybe it's really simple.

"The attached [Word document|PDF File|Link|whatever] contains incontrovertible proof that your fellow Arbitrator [X] has violated Wikipedia's trust." That'd get every one of 'em. Fuckin' post-apocalyptic warlord idiots.
+Quote Post
Casliber

QUOTE(gomi @ Fri 29th July 2011, 4:52pm) *

The easiest way to do this would be to send a phishing email to each and every arb.

"The attached [Word document|PDF File|Link|whatever] contains incontrovertible proof that your fellow Arbitrator [X] has violated Wikipedia's trust." That'd get every one of 'em. Fuckin' post-apocalyptic warlord idiots.

Well, I've seen this now so I for one won't be opening it (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Sololol

Bell the Cat

QUOTE(Casliber @ Fri 29th July 2011, 6:56am) *

Well, I've seen this now so I for one won't be opening it (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

Damn! Casliber will need a personalized message now. What if it were Compressed Unicorn PDF and promised a real live unicorn if you opened it?
+Quote Post
Vigilant

QUOTE(Sololol @ Fri 29th July 2011, 6:44am) *

I have no idea how you'd do any of that. Maybe it's really simple. But it seems simpler to imagine someone with any of the numerous possible motivations (revenge/boredom/reform/Malice offered them a delicious sandwich) and sending it out. Something along the lines of what's happened three known times before and God knows how many other times. Again, it doesn't really matter since they can't stop either from happening again, just fun to speculate.

I think if it were a current or farmer arb with a bad case of "FUCK YOU", they'd have a bunch of things they'd want to get out there. Things that bothered them personally.

This situation with the greatest hits parade is more like someone who has a secret and is enjoying trickling it out.

Now, Malice, where are my Merkey emails?
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

I'm of the believe that they are all the leaker, and that this whole thing was started because they all wanted to make the knowledge public while still having plausible deniability.

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

After all, have any of the leaks really had anything incriminating? There is no "lets find out a way to screw this person" type of conspiracy as found in the Easter European emails. Most of them are debates between different people and show very little "collusion" or anything that wasn't taking place in public.

Of course, a few people are seen as two-faced, or shown to hide how they really feel. But that isn't anything new or ground breaking.
+Quote Post
SpiderAndWeb

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 29th July 2011, 4:16pm) *

I'm of the believe that they are all the leaker, and that this whole thing was started because they all wanted to make the knowledge public while still having plausible deniability.

A Orient Express-style conspiracy? I love it (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(SpiderAndWeb @ Fri 29th July 2011, 12:57pm) *

A Orient Express-style conspiracy? I love it (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Wow, that should have read "I'm of the believers that".

Anyway, yes. I was thinking more of the third ending of Clue because that is far more sillier with all the running around and such. A Horse with No Name would probably enjoy both references as pertinent, unless he is still morning the death of the real Horse with No Name.
+Quote Post
SpiderAndWeb

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 29th July 2011, 5:18pm) *

QUOTE(SpiderAndWeb @ Fri 29th July 2011, 12:57pm) *

Anyway, yes. I was thinking more of the third ending of Clue because that is far more sillier with all the running around and such. A Horse with No Name would probably enjoy both references as pertinent, unless he is still morning the death of the real Horse with No Name.

With communism hacking just a red herring, I assume.

This post has been edited by SpiderAndWeb:
+Quote Post
chrisoff

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 29th July 2011, 12:16pm) *

After all, have any of the leaks really had anything incriminating? There is no "lets find out a way to screw this person" type of conspiracy as found in the Easter European emails. Most of them are debates between different people and show very little "collusion" or anything that wasn't taking place in public.

Of course, a few people are seen as two-faced, or shown to hide how they really feel. But that isn't anything new or ground breaking.

Hummmmm

Does show that Cas Liber acts as the psychiatric consultant for the group! Let's ask Cas and see what the "mechanism" is, whether the guy is really suicidal!

"The thing that strikes me about RH&E is the knee-jerk "I'm too ill/I'm suicidal" response whenever challenged. What's all that about, Cas? What's the mechanism? Just deflection?"

Cas: "Oh, the common theme in all his correspondence is /his/ hard work, /his/ health i.e. "I'm having a hard time and you don't care". There is not /any/ consideration of the other side at all, which is interesting. it illustrates a fairly profound lack of empathy of knowing or caring about his obligations (role of admin), or problem it puts us in (threat of suicide and letting him edit). Admittedly this gets worse when a person is stressed (even reasonable folks can lose empathy" (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Cas give us a quickie mental check on the arbs. Could there possibly be a profound lack of empathy in all this casual gossip and speculation by the arbs in these leaked emails?

Draft Giano for arbcom!
+Quote Post
powercorrupts

I found Casliber's comment totally unconvincing in terms of being from a qualified psychiatrist. The more I read it the less convincing it is, in fact.

Asking Casliber this kind of question is ridiculous. They should have brought in (or even actually employ for these occasions) qualified people - including the police on occasions it could be argued - but instead they are querying their anonymous selves, and constantly bargaining with misfits to attempt to maintain the appearance of credibility.

What we are seeing is that arbcom are consistently what most normal people would call 'unprofessional'. I'm wondering if it's actually professionalism which these level of Wikipedians have a kind of fear or hatred of. There could even be a general contempt for it across Wikipedia.

I personally think people on WR are making a mistake in searching for Murdochian scandals in these leaks - they are not fully private emails, which of course must occur frequently enough - and are even alluded to on occasion. These kind of incidences could be as bad as it gets. Surely they are bad enough, despite what people here already know about arbcom - that they are simply the kind of venal, ambitious and self-interested people who climb upwards (to whatever degree) in the hazy world of Wikimedia Enterprises.

This post has been edited by powercorrupts:
+Quote Post
thekohser

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 29th July 2011, 1:18pm) *

Are you sure about that? Really, Ottava? Really?
+Quote Post
Vigilant

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 30th July 2011, 1:24am) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 29th July 2011, 1:18pm) *

Are you sure about that? Really, Ottava? Really?

Kind of sad what an expensive literary education gets you these days...
+Quote Post
Encyclopedist

QUOTE(powercorrupts @ Sat 30th July 2011, 12:02am) *

I found Casliber's comment totally unconvincing in terms of being from a qualified psychiatrist. The more I read it the less convincing it is, in fact.

I agree, but then, of course, I would, wouldn't I? CasLiber cites no psychological or psychiatric qualifications or expertise publicly, and is ostensibly interested in (to most) obscure flora, fauna, and fungi of Australia, given his most recent contributions.

I don't imagine for one second that he is qualified to judge a complex individual, such as myself, or indeed anyone, and he has failed to not only to take both sides of the debate, but also to reply to emails from myself. However, that's not unusual from my attempts to seek clarification from ArbCom, either collectively or individually, which to me shows that they are intransigent and in many ways, missing the point. They've hung me out to dry, and will defend that decision at all costs.

I have some sort of dialogue with Wales, who at least is treating me with some minimal courtesy, if not exactly accepting that ArbCom, and he, got it badly wrong. However, I look at WP these days and see nonsense on my watchlist, particularly BLP violations, not being managed professionally and in a timely manner. It only takes ONE person to sue in relation to ONE diff incompetently handled, for the whole "due diligence" thinking behind WP:BLP to crumble into dust.

This ArbCom don't get that, and they should go, with extreme prejudice.

Ends.

+Quote Post
Abd

Postmaster

Member No.: 9,019

QUOTE(powercorrupts @ Fri 29th July 2011, 7:02pm) *
What we are seeing is that arbcom are consistently what most normal people would call 'unprofessional'. I'm wondering if it's actually professionalism which these level of Wikipedians have a kind of fear or hatred of. There could even be a general contempt for it across Wikipedia.
No shit, Sherlock.

I do wonder why anyone would expect the arbitrators to be "professional," and I've seen the same comment made about administrators.

None of them are paid. They are largely selected for popularity, not for any kind of "professional" competence.

Supermajority election of administrators ensures that the community is badly represented by the administrative core, and the same is true of arbitrators.

It's like clockwork.
+Quote Post
Vigilant

QUOTE(Abd @ Sat 30th July 2011, 2:19am) *

QUOTE(powercorrupts @ Fri 29th July 2011, 7:02pm) *
No shit, Sherlock.

I do wonder why anyone would expect the arbitrators to be "professional," and I've seen the same comment made about administrators.

None of them are paid. They are largely selected for popularity, not for any kind of "professional" competence.

Supermajority election of administrators ensures that the community is badly represented by the administrative core, and the same is true of arbitrators.

It's like clockwork.

Careful, now.

They are selected for popularity from amongst the largest collection of immature, maladjusted shut-ins on the face of the planet. As I wrote elsewhere, the group of the most active wikipedians make a group of rabid Star Trek fans look vanilla plain by comparison.

Arbcom is unaccountable and is thus incorrigible. The stratification of rank and obsession regarding relative status makes wikipedia a classic example of the Stanford Prison Experiment writ large.
+Quote Post
Casliber

QUOTE(Sololol @ Sat 30th July 2011, 1:45am) *

Damn! Casliber will need a personalized message now. What if it were Compressed Unicorn PDF and promised a real live unicorn if you opened it?

Maybe if you tried a pegasus or manticore.....
+Quote Post
powercorrupts

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 2:30am) *

I agree, but then, of course, I would, wouldn't I? CasLiber cites no psychological or psychiatric qualifications or expertise publicly, and is ostensibly interested in (to most) obscure flora, fauna, and fungi of Australia, given his most recent contributions.

I don't imagine for one second that he is qualified to judge a complex individual, such as myself, or indeed anyone, and he has failed to not only to take both sides of the debate, but also to reply to emails from myself. However, that's not unusual from my attempts to seek clarification from ArbCom, either collectively or individually, which to me shows that they are intransigent and in many ways, missing the point. They've hung me out to dry, and will defend that decision at all costs.

I have some sort of dialogue with Wales, who at least is treating me with some minimal courtesy, if not exactly accepting that ArbCom, and he, got it badly wrong. However, I look at WP these days and see nonsense on my watchlist, particularly BLP violations, not being managed professionally and in a timely manner. It only takes ONE person to sue in relation to ONE diff incompetently handled, for the whole "due diligence" thinking behind WP:BLP to crumble into dust.

This ArbCom don't get that, and they should go, with extreme prejudice.

Ends.

Don't you fucking dare even suggest my disbelief of Casliber's qualifications means that I disagree with what is clear as can be to everyone - that you are completely full of shit. You yourself have pretended to be a "psychologist" (wasn't it?) on Wikipedia when trying to build up credibility with your post-RodHull&Emu sock account, as has your partner in slime (and conversation if I remember), Malleus.

Every walking abyss who pretends to be a psychiatrist/psychologist on Wikipedia should be rounded up chained into one of Poetlister's dungeons. It's nothing less than you manipulative bastards deserve.

Obviously, that goes for you too Casliber.

+Quote Post
powercorrupts

QUOTE(Casliber @ Sat 30th July 2011, 6:05am) *

QUOTE(Sololol @ Sat 30th July 2011, 1:45am) *

Maybe if you tried a pegasus or manticore.....

Can you save us your maladjusted 'join the trolls' 24-Step Psychology in a Day horseshit. You really are cringe-making, and a total fraud.
+Quote Post
Heat

Tenured

QUOTE(Vigilant @ Fri 29th July 2011, 6:23am) *

Easiest - and illegal.
+Quote Post
Vigilant

QUOTE(Heat @ Sat 30th July 2011, 3:14pm) *

QUOTE(Vigilant @ Fri 29th July 2011, 6:23am) *

Easiest - and illegal.

Illegal is only a problem is the targets actually take steps to preserve forensics and report it to some authorities that would actually give a shit about the targets and their potential losses.

Going after bank CEOs, kind of dangerous. Going after the kangaroo court of a volunteer encyclopedia, not so much.

And, after Risker/Anne told everyone to do stupid, security theater shit to their computers, I think it unlikely that there's much to find or any interest from a security specialist who wasn't paid time and materials in looking into this situation.

Add in the use gmail, access through anonymizers and the spread out geographical locations of the target demographic and I think you can safely say, "There ain't no fucking chance in hell in getting caught..."

Technically naughty, but so is guessing passwords.
For all intents and purposes, impossible to get caught.
+Quote Post
MaliceAforethought

u Mad?

Member No.: 57,801

Things like this just seem to happen to these poor blokes on a regular basis, eh?

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 14:59:20 -0600
Subject: [Arbcom-l] Arbcom wiki showing in google

New arbs are cautioned that the MW developers, despite their
considerable skills in other areas, are very poor at keeping
confidential information leak-free. This sort of thing has happened
before and is likely to happen again.

Steve/UC

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:04:31 +0000

2008/12/27 Steve Dunlop

> New arbs are cautioned that the MW developers, despite their
> considerable skills in other areas, are very poor at keeping
> confidential information leak-free. This sort of thing has happened
> before and is likely to happen again.

Yes. Basically, MediaWiki isn't the place to put anything you don't
want to tell the world, as that's its entire function.

There are ways to protect the entire wiki more than the usual private
wiki accessible via the Internet, but they aren't implemented on our
wiki farm (and they're a major PITA for all involved) - things like
.htaccess files as well.

- d.

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:59:49 -0600

<<<Does using the secure server help, or is that only for the "sniffing
passwords" bit?

Carcharoth>>>

No. What usually happens is that the developers take site maintenance
actions that affect all the 100+ wikis hosted by WMF and either don't
think through the implications for sensitive wikis or screw up the
implementation.

We had one episode where they included a private wiki in the public backup tarball.

We had one episode where they made a private wiki visible on the tool server.

We had one MediaWiki patch that was buggy and caused information compromise, at
least potentially. I can't remember where it was, but it was some new feature
that worked great but forgot to check, on a private wiki, whether there was a
user logged in.

And now this.

Steve/UC
+Quote Post
chrisoff

QUOTE(powercorrupts @ Sat 30th July 2011, 9:55am) *

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 2:30am) *

I don't imagine for one second that he is qualified to judge a complex individual, such as myself, or indeed anyone, and he has failed to not only to take both sides of the debate, but also to reply to emails from myself.

<snip>

Ends.

Don't you fucking dare even suggest my disbelief of Casliber's qualifications means that I disagree with what is clear as can be to everyone - that you are completely full of shit. You yourself have pretended to be a "psychologist" (wasn't it?) on Wikipedia when trying to build up credibility with your post-RodHull&Emu sock account, as has your partner in slime (and conversation if I remember), Malleus.

Every walking abyss who pretends to be a psychiatrist/psychologist on Wikipedia should be rounded up chained into one of Poetlister's dungeons. It's nothing less than you manipulative bastards deserve.

Obviously, that goes for you too Casliber.

Could've fooled the FAC people and the arbs too! He touts himself as a psychiatrist and touts his RL experiences as one regularly. (Eg. I had a bad day, a patient committed suicide.) Note how they solicit his "opinion"? Here is the illustrious Elen of the Roads asking for a little confirmation from Cas of her high-level psychoanalysing:

(copied from leaked email)

"Actually, this is the most reasonable statement I've seen in a while. It confirms that he has been using Wikipedia as a support mechanism (which we thought), and I think the 'unintended consequences' are actually to him, as he hints, while continuing to bluster about consequences to us."

"If Casliber is about, I'd be interested in his take/advice on responding."

+Quote Post
NuclearWarfare

This post has been edited by NuclearWarfare:
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Sat 30th July 2011, 12:15pm) *

Could've fooled the FAC people and the arbs too! He touts himself as a psychiatrist and touts his RL experiences as one regularly. (Eg. I had a bad day, a patient committed suicide.) Note how they solicit his "opinion"? Here is the illustrious Elen of the Roads asking for a little confirmation from Cas of her high-level psychoanalysing:

(copied from leaked email)

"Actually, this is the most reasonable statement I've seen in a while. It confirms that he has been using Wikipedia as a support mechanism (which we thought), and I think the 'unintended consequences' are actually to him, as he hints, while continuing to bluster about consequences to us."

"If Casliber is about, I'd be interested in his take/advice on responding."

So Casliber is a real shrink. In that case, it's too bad they didn't run Proofreader77 by him. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Encyclopedist

QUOTE(NuclearWarfare @ Sat 30th July 2011, 11:35pm) *

You realize that Casliber edits under a derivative of his real name, right? And has written Wikipedia-related articles for medical journals, such as JMIR?

From the official Wikimedia blog:
Casimir Liber, MBBS, FRANZCP, is a psychiatrist at the Department of Psychiatry, Bankstown Health Service, Sydney, Australia, and a conjoint lecturer at the School of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.

Which you can verify by going to UNSW's website. The Internet is magic!

So he may be a shrink; but it's professionally inexcusable to offer an opinion, let alone a diagnosis, without a full and proper consultation with a subject, let alone a client, and without reference to any history and case notes. He should not have made those comments in those circumstances, and if he were acting in a professional manner, at minimum, a disclaimer in the above terms should have been issued. But thanks for the heads up, and I will certainly examine the complaints procedures for any professional bodies of which he is a member. Once he gets over his cold, he's going to need some help of his own, either legal or of the type that wasn't offered to me by ArbCom, and given that he was ideally placed to offer it, at least privately, and failed to do so, again indicates his lack of professionalism. In short, he's a charlatan.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 3:46pm) *

So he may be a shrink; but it's professionally inexcusable to offer an opinion, let alone a diagnosis, without a full and proper consultation with a subject, let alone a client, and without reference to any history and case notes. He should not have made those comments in those circumstances, and if he were acting in a professional manner, at minimum, a disclaimer in the above terms should have been issued. But thanks for the heads up, and I will certainly examine the complaints procedures for any professional bodies of which he is a member. Once he gets over his cold, he's going to need some help of his own, either legal or of the type that wasn't offered to me by ArbCom, and given that he was ideally placed to offer it, at least privately, and failed to do so, again indicates his lack of professionalism. In short, he's a charlatan.

And you're about as in contact with reality as Charlie Sheen right now, "Rod." Why don't you give it a rest?
+Quote Post
Encyclopedist

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sat 30th July 2011, 11:51pm) *

And you're about as in contact with reality as Charlie Sheen right now, "Rod." Why don't you give it a rest?

Who the fuck are you? If you don't like me, ignore me. Otherwise, crawl back under whatever stone you came from.
+Quote Post
Vigilant

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 11:10pm) *

Who the fuck are you? If you don't like me, ignore me. Otherwise, crawl back under whatever stone you came from.

Milton's not the only one. You come across as a seriously deranged fruitbat.

I'd call it at about 1472 milli-Ottavas
Just sayin'

This post has been edited by Vigilant:
+Quote Post
Encyclopedist

QUOTE(Vigilant @ Sun 31st July 2011, 12:19am) *

QUOTE(Encyclopedist @ Sat 30th July 2011, 11:10pm) *

Milton's not the only one. You come across as a seriously deranged fruitbat.

I'd call it at about 1472 milli-Ottavas
Just sayin'

Trite insults don't help. Not much helps right now. Maybe I'm not as well as I should be right now, and maybe I'm not getting the help I should be. So, who the fuck are you? If you don't like me, ignore me. Is that so difficult for someone purporting to be superior in some way? I don't t'ink so.

+Quote Post
powercorrupts

QUOTE(NuclearWarfare @ Sat 30th July 2011, 11:35pm) *

You realize that Casliber edits under a derivative of his real name, right? And has written Wikipedia-related articles for medical journals, such as JMIR?

From the official Wikimedia blog:
Casimir Liber, MBBS, FRANZCP, is a psychiatrist at the Department of Psychiatry, Bankstown Health Service, Sydney, Australia, and a conjoint lecturer at the School of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.

Which you can verify by going to UNSW's website. The Internet is magic!

It's not that difficult to find him in Australia's medical registrar either. He's been registered since Christmas Eve '92.

Thanks for that. I'll contact them and see what they have to say about it, as his comments strike me as being highly unprofessional. Is he someone who should be dealing with (presumably) vulnerable people? I specifically mean his real life clients, but if he's dishing out advice to an outfit like arbcom..

Looking at the net he's been paid by a pharmo to lecture on bipolar disorder, which immediately looks like a dodgy scenario to me - given the drugs they pump into people who get spuriously diagnosed with the disorder by shrinks (I've seen this happen).

But Wikipedia? Maybe the old cliche about these people is true.

"We believe its possibilities for use as a tool for worldwide health promotion are underestimated. We invite the medical community to join in editing Wikipedia, with the goal of providing people with free access to reliable, understandable, and up-to-date health information.... "

Perhaps he made an unspeakable oath?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)