Post #41

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 8,684

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sun 18th September 2011, 11:31pm) *

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Sun 18th September 2011, 1:08pm) *

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 18th September 2011, 12:25pm) *

Judging from the threads that appear here, Wikiversity appears to be somewhat of a magnet for people with, um, expansive personalities. What's SB Johnny doing there?

Mostly just trying to keep the loonies from slobbering on the normal people.

Says the guy who spent 3 years harassing multiple editors there, was desysopped by Jimbo, desysopped again by the community, and who thinks "civil" conversation is either referring to an individual's real life associates in an intimidating manner or saying "You only think that because you haven't been laid lately".

You have no understanding of education. You have produced nothing but drama. You represent everything that Wikipedia Review was started to expose and get rid of.

In your case Jeffrey, the "haven't been laid recently" is undeniably true.

QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 19th September 2011, 5:24am) *

QUOTE(Abd @ Mon 19th September 2011, 12:58am) *

I don't know why I categorized Stanistani as active.

It was quite obvious why - you thought people were dumb enough to not actually look deeper than taking your word for it. The supporters of yours are all those without any background or experience with you. It is because they believe the deception.

You are a fraud.

Q: What does the English major say to the Computer Science major?

A: "Would you like fries with that, sir?"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Tue 20th September 2011, 2:18pm
Post #42

Über Pokemon

Member No.: 7,328

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Tue 20th September 2011, 1:22am) *

SB Johnny wants Wikiversity to succeed, but all the shenanigans I believe have dissipated that hope.

I find it odd how you think that. He hasn't actually worked on any resources in a long time, barely has any activity, and his only contributions has been to fuel drama especially in encouraging Abd's bad behavior.

thekohser

I wonder if it could be said that Ottava drove him off the project?

That is really low. McCormack was a good friend of mine.

This post has been edited by Ottava: Tue 20th September 2011, 2:19pm
+Quote Post
thekohser
post Tue 20th September 2011, 3:23pm
Post #43

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 911

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 20th September 2011, 10:18am) *

thekohser

Oh, I didn't know that. Do you know why he disappeared from Wikiversity, then, without so much as a "So long, folks!"?
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Tue 20th September 2011, 3:46pm
Post #44

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 20th September 2011, 11:23am) *

thekohser

Oh, I didn't know that. Do you know why he disappeared from Wikiversity, then, without so much as a "So long, folks!"?

Partly because of matters discussed here. (Number 8 "The student union" has a bit of vital background)

There are a lot of similar actions of JWS described there as another three letter name person.

This post has been edited by Ottava: Tue 20th September 2011, 3:50pm
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Tue 20th September 2011, 7:09pm
Post #45

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Abd has been banned on Meta for disruption, and it is pointed out that one of Abd's supporters in his request for Custodianship was contradicting himself.

+Quote Post
The Joy
post Tue 20th September 2011, 7:32pm
Post #46

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 20th September 2011, 3:09pm) *

Abd has been banned on Meta for disruption, and it is pointed out that one of Abd's supporters in his request for Custodianship was contradicting himself.

So, to summarize, Abd welcomed a new user without punishing the new user for making personal pages. You wanted Abd and the new user punished and, instead, Johnny punished you. Is this correct?

I'm not really seeing what the problem is. The new user's personal stuff was userfied and he has started contributing to WV. He's a bit philosophical, but over time with informal and maybe formal mentorship, he could be a benefit to the project. I'm guessing this is him here, here, and here? Maybe he could work on Islam-related or chemical stuff?

Why didn't you just patiently and politely work with him and help him understand WV's goals and projects, as well as, what he can and cannot do on WV? This could have been dealt with better. I'm surprised he didn't run for the hills.
+Quote Post
Sxeptomaniac
post Tue 20th September 2011, 7:53pm
Post #47

Member No.: 3,542

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 20th September 2011, 12:32pm) *

So, to summarize, Abd welcomed a new user without punishing the new user for making personal pages. You wanted Abd and the new user punished and, instead, Johnny punished you. Is this correct?

I'm not really seeing what the problem is. The new user's personal stuff was userfied and he has started contributing to WV. He's a bit philosophical, but over time with informal and maybe formal mentorship, he could be a benefit to the project. I'm guessing this is him here, here, and here? Maybe he could work on Islam-related or chemical stuff?

Why didn't you just patiently and politely work with him and help him understand WV's goals and projects, as well as, what he can and cannot do on WV? This could have been dealt with better. I'm surprised he didn't run for the hills.

"This could have been dealt with better." I'm waiting for the day I see Ottava's actions on WP/WV/WR/anything, and don't think that about him. Ottava is a case study in how to do everything for maximum PITA and minimum effect. I think even Giano has a better effectiveness-to-drama ratio.

This post has been edited by Sxeptomaniac: Tue 20th September 2011, 7:54pm
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Tue 20th September 2011, 8:12pm
Post #48

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 20th September 2011, 3:32pm) *

I never asked for him to be punished.

You don't "welcome" people by encouraging their disruption by posting nonsense like that by moving it to his user subpages. However, Abd was doing just that. This is just like him encouraging Marshallsumter. to continue his copyvio and other problematic behavior on Wikiversity.

It was very clear that the user kept up the behavior for over a month and didn't care about Wikiversity standards. I'm obviously not the only one who is tired of him making these pages. There are a lot of bad pages.

You can see here that Abd has been encouraging some of the weirdest nonsense in addition to a user who was blatantly copyvio and the stealing of screen shots from a video game from another group of users. All things Abd never told people they couldn't do because he didn't want to upset them.

Now, The Joy, Abd has indeffed banned many editors without a block notice, warning, or the rest. That contradicts directly what you are claiming above.
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez
post Tue 20th September 2011, 11:13pm
Post #49

Über Member

Member No.: 24,428

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

http://en.wikiversity.org/w/index.php?titl...58&oldid=781951

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?titl...1&oldid=2916342

The contradiction has been resolved.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny
post Tue 20th September 2011, 11:58pm
Post #50

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

Member No.: 8,272

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Tue 20th September 2011, 1:22am) *

SB Johnny wants Wikiversity to succeed, but all the shenanigans I believe have dissipated that hope.

I find it odd how you think that. He hasn't actually worked on any resources in a long time, barely has any activity, and his only contributions has been to fuel drama especially in encouraging Abd's bad behavior.

Good gravy. I doubt anyone but you would think I'm encouraging him. dry.gif

I don't work on resources because I'm frankly too busy, and the part of my time I have to devote to WV is mostly taken up by carefully considering the sense of the meeting.

It's not what you or I wanted, but the difference between you and me (well, one of many) is that I can close a discussion in a sane manner, while you couldn't.

No worries, Ottava... I only blocked you for a week, to let the grups talk. You'll be allowed to go back to slobbery rants soon enough. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by SB_Johnny: Wed 21st September 2011, 12:01am
+Quote Post
The Joy
post Wed 21st September 2011, 12:31am
Post #51

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 20th September 2011, 4:12pm) *

QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 20th September 2011, 3:32pm) *

I never asked for him to be punished.

You don't "welcome" people by encouraging their disruption by posting nonsense like that by moving it to his user subpages. However, Abd was doing just that. This is just like him encouraging Marshallsumter. to continue his copyvio and other problematic behavior on Wikiversity.

It was very clear that the user kept up the behavior for over a month and didn't care about Wikiversity standards. I'm obviously not the only one who is tired of him making these pages. There are a lot of bad pages.

You can see here that Abd has been encouraging some of the weirdest nonsense in addition to a user who was blatantly copyvio and the stealing of screen shots from a video game from another group of users. All things Abd never told people they couldn't do because he didn't want to upset them.

Now, The Joy, Abd has indeffed banned many editors without a block notice, warning, or the rest. That contradicts directly what you are claiming above.

Well, this fellow responded nicely to the new user and offered assistance. Why can't you be more like S. Larctia? I don't see a "Warning" message as a very welcoming thing to say and it seemed rather threatening to me. It can take more than a month to understand all the ends and outs of a project like WV, particularly when it appears to be run by the inmates of Arkham Asylum.

I just don't see what Abd did that was so beyond the pale? unsure.gif
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Wed 21st September 2011, 12:41am
Post #52

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 20th September 2011, 8:31pm) *

Well, this fellow responded nicely to the new user and offered assistance. Why can't you be more like S. Larctia? I don't see a "Warning" message as a very welcoming thing to say and it seemed rather threatening to me. It can take more than a month to understand all the ends and outs of a project like WV, particularly when it appears to be run by the inmates of Arkham Asylum.

You said nicely. I see "it was essentially a poor quality summary of the Wikipedia article on that topic " which could be construed as insulting. Warning someone about what can or cannot be posted isn't mean.

Furthermore, the user was here for a month. Instead of being "nice", he should have been confronted with the possibility of blocks if he continued. Instead of encouraging him by moving things to subspace when they clearly don't belong, they should have been deleted.

Wikiversity is for creating learning resources. Abd has instead encouraged those who are actively trying to disrupt other Wikis.

All of Abd's actions can be seen in two ways: fluffy and trying to get as many people to be on his side by ignoring their problems, or malicious in purposefully aiding those like Abigor, Marshall, etc, to further what Salmon of Doubt mentioned as the closing of Wikiversity (or what some here would want, an attack on Wikipedia). Either way, he has nothing to do with what the mission was originally about and encourages those who have no connection to it.

And SB Johnny, we both know that your block was bs, as well as most Stewards and other people. Your harassing messages name dropping people I know and the rest shows that you exhibit all the nasty characteristics that WR hates in Wikipedia admin.

And The Joy, I have nothing in common with Abd. I don't promote fringe stuff. My ban has very little in similarity to what happened, and that indef block on Meta wont last long. When I go to meetups, people love to spend time with me. When Abd tries to go to a Wiki event people want to call the cops. Many people have been utterly creeped out by his behavior.

This post has been edited by Ottava: Wed 21st September 2011, 12:47am
+Quote Post
The Joy
post Wed 21st September 2011, 12:44am
Post #53

And Ottava, why are you grave-dancing on Abd when you yourself are banned from Meta and multiple WMF wikis? Shouldn't the WV community be just as concerned about you as they are Abd? You are both exiles and WV is one of the few places left for the both of you. You both have a lot in common. It's so strange that you both are so antagonistic towards each other.
+Quote Post
The Joy
post Wed 21st September 2011, 1:15am
Post #54

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 20th September 2011, 8:41pm) *

And The Joy, I have nothing in common with Abd. I don't promote fringe stuff. My ban has very little in similarity to what happened, and that indef block on Meta wont last long. When I go to meetups, people love to spend time with me. When Abd tries to go to a Wiki event people want to call the cops. Many people have been utterly creeped out by his behavior.

That's a very cruel and libelous thing to say, Ottava. I can understand your frustration (to a certain degree), but have you honestly listened to yourself? Good gravy, man, you write articles about being a better Christian and you say things like this? What is wrong with you? sad.gif
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Wed 21st September 2011, 1:43am
Post #55

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 20th September 2011, 9:15pm) *

That's a very cruel and libelous thing to say, Ottava. I can understand your frustration (to a certain degree), but have you honestly listened to yourself? Good gravy, man, you write articles about being a better Christian and you say things like this? What is wrong with you? sad.gif

Um, you must not understand what "libelous" means. It is 100% true with the testimony of 2 females who were involved in the incident. It is rather well known among WMF regulars. I believe it was even mentioned here back in 2009/10ish.

And it isn't non-Christian to mention a fact about another in which they are utterly creepy in a manner that has provenly made women really bothered and upset.

This post has been edited by Ottava: Wed 21st September 2011, 1:43am
+Quote Post
EricBarbour
post Wed 21st September 2011, 1:57am
Post #56

blah

Member No.: 5,066

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

sleep.gif
+Quote Post
The Joy
post Wed 21st September 2011, 2:36am
Post #57

Well, I'm done. frustrated.gif
+Quote Post
Abd
post Wed 21st September 2011, 5:09am
Post #58

Postmaster

Member No.: 9,019

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Tue 20th September 2011, 7:13pm) *

http://en.wikiversity.org/w/index.php?titl...58&oldid=781951

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?titl...1&oldid=2916342

The contradiction has been resolved.

yeah, I hadn't seen that meta discussion. They don't tell people on meta when they are heating up the pot to boil them in. However, some good may come out of that meta mess. Remember what happened when William M. Connolley decided to ban me from Cold fusion?

I was astonished by Marco Aurilio's claims. He'd said some stuff like that, about me, in summary, in on the meta admin request page, and I'd asked him on his Talk what he was talking about. He said, "You know." I said, "No, I don't. ..."

So he went to the request page and "explained it" with a massive screed. Uh, why not tell me a little on his Talk page and we could discuss it.

I haven't looked at all his evidence, I just looked at the first diff. It completely fails to show what he claims and, in fact, shows the opposite. If he's not just lying, it shows that he literally doesn't understand English, at least not well. A steward.

I looked at who voted in that discussion, that they never bothered to tell me about, and it was the people who have been creating a huge mess at meta, largely, plus Courcelles, who voted for an infinite block on meta, his grounds: "I closed the ban on Wikipedia."

People who, when you oppose them on something, never forget it.

So maybe this will pop the blister. What these guys would do to me, they would do to many others.

I'm not going to do anything for a few days. Real life, you know.

meanwhile, I'm staying on as a custodian at Wikiversity. Ottava et al failed, all they did was cause this to be continued probationary custodianship in stead of "permanent" custodianship. Thanks to SBJ for proposing a compromise close. It is actually exactly what I'd have gone for if I'd thought it might be accepted, because I knew that those trolls would crawl out of the woodwork. "Permanent" does not come with any tools that allow me to actually serve the community any better.

Guido den Broeder said that, because of this, he'd stay retired and would vote for the closure of Wikiversity.

We are sooooo distressed.

But I won't hold him to his promise. He lies anyway.
+Quote Post
Abd
post Wed 21st September 2011, 5:20am
Post #59

Postmaster

Member No.: 9,019

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 20th September 2011, 9:43pm) *

QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 20th September 2011, 9:15pm) *

Um, you must not understand what "libelous" means. It is 100% true with the testimony of 2 females who were involved in the incident. It is rather well known among WMF regulars. I believe it was even mentioned here back in 2009/10ish.

And it isn't non-Christian to mention a fact about another in which they are utterly creepy in a manner that has provenly made women really bothered and upset.

Uh, what in the world is Ottava talking about? I've gone to only one wiki event, in New York, in 2010. 2 females involved in what incident?

Maybe I was drunk and don't remember. Problem is, I don't drink.

Ottava, this actually is libel. We do know where you live, or could find out. Not that I suspect you are worth suing, or even wasting the time of a lawyer to ask about suing.

By the way, I've been through 2 CORI investigations, because I adopted kids. Ottava, you are insane. I recommend that you think about what you are talking about and put up some evidence, or continue to demonstrate that you are a complete idiot.

QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 20th September 2011, 8:31pm) *
When Ottava was Mr. Wikiversity, I blocked him for two hours for incivility (later confirmed by Jtneill as within proper discretion).

Lese majeste. Utterly unforgivable. After all, he was my mentor.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny
post Wed 21st September 2011, 6:23pm
Post #60

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

Member No.: 8,272

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 20th September 2011, 9:57pm) *

sleep.gif

It's almost a shame that Jimmy and the WMF cronies didn't pay more attention to WV, because it's going to be hard to blame its collapse on them. Unless of course their not paying attention was the root of the problem. huh.gif ermm.gif unsure.gif
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th 8 17, 9:33pm