FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Arbitrator not interested in correctnes (sic) of Wikipedia -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Arbitrator not interested in correctnes (sic) of Wikipedia
Encyclopedist

Group: Contributors

This edit

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Orders%2C_decorations%2C_and_medals_of_the_United_Kingdom&action=historysubmit&diff=440398263&oldid=436820264]http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Orders%2C_decorations%2C_and_medals_of_the_United_Kingdom&action=historysubmit&diff=440398263&oldid=436820264
[/url]

appeared to me yesterday, while I was aware that Cas Liber, an arbitrator, was currently online.

So I emailed him to point out that whereas John Lennon may have returned his MBE insignia, it is not possible to resign from membership of the Order of the British Empire; it is granted by the monarch, and can only be removed by the monarch. So sending back the insignia is an insufficient act of "resignation".

However, rather than making Wikipedia factually correct, which is arguably the purpose of its editors, Cas Liber has done nothing to correct the error. Whereas WP:RBI may be powerful, why on earth can an Arb fail to take the point to keep Wikipedia correct?

It suggests to me that Arbs are not interested in WP's content in the slightest, and are more interested in their nugatory and largely irreleevant, but certainly discredited, politics. Kill them all; they are not fit for purpose.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
thekohser

Group: Regulars

I like the irony of the word "correctnes" in the title of this thread.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)