FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Rodhullandemu and Malleus -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Rodhullandemu and Malleus
Theanima

Group: Contributors

Malleus was busy trolling the bureaucrat's noticeboard, and Rodhullandemu (T-C-L-K-R-D) did not like this, so started threatening and attacking him on his talk page. Well, Malleus being Malleus answered the admin back and got a block from Rod... for doing the exact same thing Rod did. Moni3, Malleus's admin meatpuppet, unblocked him, and Floquenbeam blocked Rod. Who then retired for a day before returning.

There's a request for arbitration open, but it looks like it won't be happening. It's all very lulzy! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

Ongoing AN discussion here, and arbitration request here.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

Malley, you owe Big Flo your own version of a Horsey kiss! And for anyone who gets Rod off the site, kisses galore!

Way to go, Big Flo -- more bounce to the ounce with her, for sure! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

Undoubted best line from this debacle is "I'm here at least twelve hours a day, and seven days a week, minimum […] please don't criticise me for playing the admin card, because above most other editors, I have the right to do so, because I am committed to our mission. That doesn't mean that I lack humility." I find something fascinating about the idea of someone so self-deluded as to their own importance that they think "I spend more than 50% of my life on the internet" will increase anyone's respect for them. ("Seven days a week, minimum"? How does that work, exactly?)

(adding) What on earth does "I don't have the personal luxuries enjoyed by many other editors here, but I make the effort to improve this encyclopedia in the best way I can; and that surely, should be enough" mean?

This post has been edited by Eva Destruction:
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

I think the weirdest part of this whole thing were people claiming Rod was a decent article writer. Seriously, how could they type that while busy rolling around on the floor just at the mere thought of claiming something so outrageously absurd?
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 12th July 2010, 7:04pm) *

I think the weirdest part of this whole thing were people claiming Rod was a decent article writer. Seriously, how could they type that while busy rolling around on the floor just at the mere thought of claiming something so outrageously absurd?

He did write the masterpiece of education which is Cunt. (The "I don't currently have the time to concentrate on Cunt" on his userpage could be taken in so many ways. As, indeed, could…)
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 12th July 2010, 2:04pm) *

I think the weirdest part of this whole thing were people claiming Rod was a decent article writer.

People also claim that there is a monster in Loch Ness. Some claims are more plausible than others. (Apologies to Nessie - no slur intended.) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Mon 12th July 2010, 1:59pm) *

Presumably he can't afford to decorate mom's basement as nicely as the wikipediots who at least have a part time job?
+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.
Member No.: 981

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Mon 12th July 2010, 12:54pm) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 12th July 2010, 2:04pm) *

I think the weirdest part of this whole thing were people claiming Rod was a decent article writer.

People also claim that there is a monster in Loch Ness. Some claims are more plausible than others. (Apologies to Nessie - no slur intended.) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Any claim by any Wikipedian or anyone in support of any Wikipedian that they have any level of skill as a writer and this is demonstrated on Wikipedia by their "contributions" is not only ill founded but shows a shocking lack of understanding of the nature of nature of the very activity that occurs there. Whatever else Wikipedia might be it is not writing.
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

Member No.: 8,716

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Mon 12th July 2010, 6:11pm) *

Malley, you owe Big Flo your own version of a Horsey kiss! And for anyone who gets Rod off the site, kisses galore!

Way to go, Big Flo -- more bounce to the ounce with her, for sure! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

I'm not trying to get anyone off the site, and if I recall correctly Flo is a bloke. Rod just made a mistake, that's all, no big deal.
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Mon 12th July 2010, 11:13am) *

The "I don't currently have the time to concentrate on Cunt" on his userpage could be taken in so many ways. As, indeed, could…

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Theanima

The "I don't currently have the time to concentrate on Cunt" on his userpage could be taken in so many ways. As, indeed, could…

I don't see that anywhere on his userpage.
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Theanima @ Tue 13th July 2010, 12:19am) *

User:Rodhullandemu#cite_note-3
+Quote Post
Theanima

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Tue 13th July 2010, 12:35am) *

QUOTE(Theanima @ Tue 13th July 2010, 12:19am) *

User:Rodhullandemu#cite_note-3

Oh, I thought you were quoting exactly. It's not so bad in its original form.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Malleus @ Mon 12th July 2010, 4:57pm) *

I'm not trying to get anyone off the site, and if I recall correctly Flo is a bloke. Rod just made a mistake, that's all, no big deal.

My bad...I mistook this Flo with FloNight. Hey, you can't tell these character apart without a program! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
ulsterman

Group: Inactive

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 13th July 2010, 2:34am) *

My bad...I mistook this Flo with FloNight. Hey, you can't tell these character apart without a program! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)

Yes, I used to have a similar problem. I always mixed up User:FloNight (whose real nane isn't Flo but Sydney Poore and, despite the name, is female) with Florence Nibart-Devouard. The latter is actually User:Anthere.

Condused? You will be!
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 12th July 2010, 7:04pm) *
He did write the masterpiece of education which is Cunt. (The "I don't currently have the time to concentrate on Cunt" on his userpage could be taken in so many ways. As, indeed, could…)

He did not---it's been there since 2004, and a whole lot of people edited it.

Still....this is how you deal with RH&E, people. You use mockery.
Because you can't reason with him. I suppose that could be said to be a major
problem with WP--too many crusty, smug, contumelious Englishmen......
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Member No.: 3,670

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 13th July 2010, 4:15am) *
You use mockery.
Because you can't reason with him. I suppose that could be said to be a major problem with WP--too many crusty, smug, contumelious Englishmen......

Yes. You start with just a standard objection, stated forthrightly.

When that doesn't work, you write a serious, sober, and scholarly essay outlining the problem (in the manner of Habermas, for example).

When that doesn't work, you turn to Civil Disobedience.

When that doesn't work, you turn to humor, mockery, and song parodies.

When that doesn't work, you mount a full-fledged comic opera that incorporates all of the above.

This post has been edited by Moulton:
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Malleus @ Mon 12th July 2010, 3:57pm) *

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Mon 12th July 2010, 6:11pm) *

Hmmm, you're right, subsequent statements by Rod, once he cooled down (and all of the "It's impossible that I am immodest because then I wouldn't be perfect" kind of assertions aside) do suggest that he just messed up, whatever.

The person who should be immolated for this is Ncmvocalist, who once again jumped into drama that doesn't concern him/her and poured gasoline on the fire just because... hmmm, not sure exactly ... because it's her/his raison d'etre?
+Quote Post
Kevin

Member No.: 10,522

QUOTE(radek @ Wed 14th July 2010, 11:18am) *

The person who should be immolated for this is Ncmvocalist, who once again jumped into drama that doesn't concern him/her and poured gasoline on the fire just because... hmmm, not sure exactly ... because it's her/his raison d'etre?

...because Durova is MIA, and some has to do it?
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Kevin @ Tue 13th July 2010, 10:35pm) *

QUOTE(radek @ Wed 14th July 2010, 11:18am) *

...because Durova is MIA, and some has to do it?

My sense of it is that Durova actually does some productive work in addition to running to every fire with a big can of gasoline. Ncmvocalist is all can of gasoline in search of fire, all the time.
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)