2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wikipedia Review in the news
Disillusioned Lackey
post Fri 27th July 2007, 6:37pm
Post #21

Unregistered

QUOTE(badlydrawnjeff @ Fri 27th July 2007, 6:07am) *

The question may end up being when [[Linda Mack]] or [[Sarah McEwan]] is created. That's when the real shitstorm will commence.

It will be the shortest, quickly deleted shitstorm in history. happy.gif

What I find amazing is that no one has called Swatjester on the carpet for bringinig up ED in his New York Times interview, and for specifically singling out SV, and calling the article funny.

He's on some list of hers somewhere, and he's going to pay. Someday.

Swatjester gave her real name more press than Daniel Brandt ever did. Quite unthinkingly.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky
post Fri 27th July 2007, 9:19pm
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

I have merged two topics with identical names, to make it easier to follow all this.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Robster
post Sat 28th July 2007, 1:13am
Post #23

"Community"? Really?

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 1,155

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(norsemoose @ Fri 27th July 2007, 8:58am) *

Wikipedia won't even allow an article on Swalwell, Alberta due to the interests of a particular Wikipedia group.

21:49, 22 June 2007 Crum375 (Talk | contribs) deleted "Swalwell, Alberta" (created by troll)
00:00, 13 June 2007 Crum375 (Talk | contribs) deleted "Swalwell, Alberta" (troll account)
15:23, 11 June 2007 Crum375 (Talk | contribs) deleted "Swalwell, Alberta" (trolling)
14:57, 10 June 2007 Crum375 (Talk | contribs) deleted "Swalwell, Alberta" (troll account)
23:34, 27 May 2007 Musical Linguist (Talk | contribs) deleted "Swalwell, Alberta" (Created by troll/stalker)
00:10, 6 May 2007 Crum375 (Talk | contribs) deleted "Swalwell, Alberta" (content was: ''''Swalwell''' is a small town in Alberta, Canada.Category:Locations' (and the only contributor was 'Schloff') created by troll)
23:09, 20 April 2007 Doc glasgow (Talk | contribs) deleted "Swalwell, Alberta" (created by troll)

And to think these dimbulbs still don't realize that by deleting the Swalwell, AB article over and over, for "trolling", they're putting up a huge flashing neon red arrow that says "something important is being hidden here"... and people will be curious as to what (SlimVirgin) it (Linda Mack) is (fnord)?
+Quote Post
blissyu2
post Sat 28th July 2007, 1:46am
Post #24

the wookie

Group: On Vacation
Member No.: 5

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 28th July 2007, 7:49am) *

I have merged two topics with identical names, to make it easier to follow all this.

You probably shouldn't have done this. One was in General Discussion, in relation to the story directly, while the other was in Wikipedia in the Media, in relation to our blog entry. They are related, but slightly different.
+Quote Post
blissyu2
post Sat 28th July 2007, 3:13am
Post #25

the wookie

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

More links to SlimVirgin worries:

Hexrei adds a question to SlimVirgin's talk page, which, as per normal, she refuses to answer, has it deleted by her sock puppet Crum375, has it deleted a second time, then gets her sock puppet to ban them for it.

An anon IP also asked the same question, which again Crum375 deleted, and again blocked them for daring to write to her.

ST47 also asked the question, which was again deleted by Crum375, although at least they weren't blocked for it (yet).

Micpp also wrote to inform SlimVirgin of this news article, which naturally Crum375 assumed SlimVirgin didn't need to read, although they didn't ban Micpp (yet)

Sceptre also informed SlimVirgin of this, which was again deleted (sigh), and then ST47 (one of the ones asking the questions) decided to protect the user page!

Apparently this is also in the Administrator's Noticeboard too, however when I checked there was no evidence of it.

Okay I found the relevant links:

First ST47 wrote about this in the administrator's noticeboard, then added a bit more (which refers to Crum375 also deleting info off of their talk page).

Actually, as a side note, Crum375 also deleted something from their user page complaining about deleting bits from their user talk page! This led to a comment from Linas complaining about Crum375 protecting SlimVirgin's talk page, which Crum375 was more than happy to delete without responding to. They also added a second part, requesting for Hexei to be unblocked (see above).

Back on the admin noticeboard, Sceptre was complaining about the reverts to the user talk page from good users.

And then WJBscribe deleted the whole section from the Admin noticeboard!

Its not like Wikipedia users are suspicious at all that they aren't even answering questions, and instead are saying "Nothing to see here, move along", is it?

More comments in relation to this (not new stuff, just more on this):

Crum375 wrote to ST47 threatening to block him, ST47 defended himself, but Crum375 tried to pull rank on ST47 to hush him up, and ST47 insisted that Crum375 wasn't appointed as a "reverter". But of course, Crum375 insists that he was merely doing it to protect SlimVirgin's privacy. Ri-i-i-ght! So being published in a newspaper is an invasion of privacy? So why then isn't SlimVirgin taking legal action against these horrible people? Oh right because they aren't doing anything wrong!

Let's see if we can cover everything.
+Quote Post
blissyu2
post Sat 28th July 2007, 7:41am
Post #26

the wookie

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

I thought this one disappeared briefly.
+Quote Post
thekohser
post Sat 28th July 2007, 4:16pm
Post #27

Member No.: 911

QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Fri 27th July 2007, 11:13pm) *

...many wonderfully documented links snipped for brevity's sake...

So why then isn't SlimVirgin taking legal action against these horrible people? Oh right because they aren't doing anything wrong!

Great documentation of the cover-up process, Blissy. Also, a very good point about the absence of legal action. As Durova once communicated to me, if I had such a problem with her libeling me, I could always take her to court. Same goes for Linda Mack.

(Will that spelling help escape the WR redaction tool?)

Greg
+Quote Post
guy
post Sat 28th July 2007, 4:54pm
Post #28

Postmaster General

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 23

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 28th July 2007, 5:16pm) *

Will that spelling help escape the WR redaction tool?

Afraid not. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
LamontStormstar
post Sat 28th July 2007, 5:56pm
Post #29

Postmaster

Member No.: 342

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Fri 27th July 2007, 8:13pm) *

Hexrei adds a question to SlimVirgin's talk page, which, as per normal, she refuses to answer, has it deleted by her sock puppet Crum375, has it deleted a second time, then gets her sock puppet to ban them for it.

An anon IP also asked the same question, which again Crum375 deleted, and again blocked them for daring to write to her.

ST47 also asked the question, which was again deleted by Crum375, although at least they weren't blocked for it (yet).

Micpp also wrote to inform SlimVirgin of this news article, which naturally Crum375 assumed SlimVirgin didn't need to read, although they didn't ban Micpp (yet)

Sceptre also informed SlimVirgin of this, which was again deleted (sigh), and then ST47 (one of the ones asking the questions) decided to protect the user page!

Apparently this is also in the Administrator's Noticeboard too, however when I checked there was no evidence of it.

Okay I found the relevant links:

First ST47 wrote about this in the administrator's noticeboard, then added a bit more (which refers to Crum375 also deleting info off of their talk page).

Actually, as a side note, Crum375 also deleted something from their user page complaining about deleting bits from their user talk page! This led to a comment from Linas complaining about Crum375 protecting SlimVirgin's talk page, which Crum375 was more than happy to delete without responding to. They also added a second part, requesting for Hexei to be unblocked (see above).

Back on the admin noticeboard, Sceptre was complaining about the reverts to the user talk page from good users.

And then WJBscribe deleted the whole section from the Admin noticeboard!

Its not like Wikipedia users are suspicious at all that they aren't even answering questions, and instead are saying "Nothing to see here, move along", is it?

More comments in relation to this (not new stuff, just more on this):

Crum375 wrote to ST47 threatening to block him, ST47 defended himself, but Crum375 tried to pull rank on ST47 to hush him up, and ST47 insisted that Crum375 wasn't appointed as a "reverter". But of course, Crum375 insists that he was merely doing it to protect SlimVirgin's privacy. Ri-i-i-ght! So being published in a newspaper is an invasion of privacy? So why then isn't SlimVirgin taking legal action against these horrible people? Oh right because they aren't doing anything wrong!

That's nothing. You oughtta see what her meatpuppet Jayjg oversights.
+Quote Post
thekohser
post Sun 29th July 2007, 12:14am
Post #30

QUOTE(guy @ Sat 28th July 2007, 12:54pm) *

Afraid not. tongue.gif

Let's intelligently navigate dangerous areas. My attack circumvented knowledge.

rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
Robster
post Sun 29th July 2007, 1:46am
Post #31

"Community"? Really?

Member No.: 1,155

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 28th July 2007, 8:14pm) *

Afraid not. tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif

So a real attack helps? Might Cabalistas expect we attack now?

wink.gif
+Quote Post
thekohser
post Sun 29th July 2007, 2:39am
Post #32

QUOTE(Robster @ Sat 28th July 2007, 9:46pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 28th July 2007, 8:14pm) *

Afraid not. tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif

So a real attack helps? Might Cabalistas expect we attack now?

wink.gif

Well done, Robster. I was starting to say to myself, "He didn't even get what I was doing," and then -- DUH ! -- your equally brilliant comment hit me.

Some lighthearted inane monologue, very interestingly reflecting group interaction now!
+Quote Post
blissyu2
post Sun 29th July 2007, 3:35am
Post #33

the wookie

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

I am a bit lost as to where I found the link to Digg, but anyway here it is again.

http://digg.com/tech_news/Are_Intelligence...oring_Wikipedia

For the record, the following Digg-related blog posts have been made:

* http://animohosting.com/main/are-intellige...ipedia/#respond
* http://diggreponsitory.blogspot.com/2007/0...s-secretly.html
* http://ezvoiceservers.com/wordpress/?p=85#respond
* http://matsontech.blogspot.com/2007/07/are...s-secretly.html
* http://mkweb.us/modules/wordpress/2007/07/...ipedia/#respond
* http://johnnywilnot.blogspot.com/2007/07/m...-continues.html , http://johnnywilnot.blogspot.com/2007/07/d...ontroversy.html , http://johnnywilnot.blogspot.com/2007/07/c...-wikipedia.html , http://johnnywilnot.blogspot.com/2007/07/g...-wikipedia.html , http://johnnywilnot.blogspot.com/2007/07/a...s-secretly.html (same blog)
* http://animohosting.com/main/are-intellige...ipedia/#respond
* http://www.jtsilva.com/2007/07/are-intelli...y.html#comments
* http://distroid.wordpress.com/2007/07/28/a...ipedia/#respond

There were 4 more on Digg, but they posted 500 articles per day in their blog (each) so I couldn't wade through them to find the correct ones.

And note that this is just on Digg.
+Quote Post
Selina
post Sat 29th September 2007, 5:04am
Post #34

Cat herder

Group: Staffy
Member No.: 1

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

when you see something notable please copy and paste it as well as linking to the difference things on wikipedia, THIS IS IMPORTANT as most things notable get oversighted - most of the links in this topic are no longer valid this would be fine if the stuff from them had been quoted (or screenshotted)
+Quote Post
LamontStormstar
post Sun 30th September 2007, 7:15am
Post #35

Postmaster

Member No.: 342

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Selina @ Fri 28th September 2007, 10:04pm) *

when you see something notable please copy and paste it as well as linking to the difference things on wikipedia, THIS IS IMPORTANT as most things notable get oversighted - most of the links in this topic are no longer valid this would be fine if the stuff from them had been quoted (or screenshotted)

I tell people this, too.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th 8 17, 7:53am