FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
ArbCom/WMF liaison -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> ArbCom/WMF liaison, In which NYB temporarily becomes SFB
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

It seems odd that there has been no mention of this here (or, if there was, I didn't notice).
In August 2011, the Arbitration Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation jointly agreed to identify liaisons to enhance communication and co-ordination between the Committee and the Foundation. Below is the internal resolution appointing Newyorkbrad as the Arbitration Committee liaison to the WMF.

In order to foster and enhance collaboration between the Wikimedia Foundation and the English Wikipedia Arbitration Committee, the committee resolves

i) That the role of Committee liaison to the Wikimedia Foundation shall be a designated point of contact between the Wikimedia Foundation and the Arbitration Committee;
ii) That the liaison shall be appointed by an absolute majority of active, non-recused arbitrators, and may be replaced or removed at any time by an absolute majority of active, non-recused arbitrators;
iii) That the liaison shall not be authorized to make binding decisions on behalf of the Arbitration Committee except as specifically and previously authorized by committee directive.

Support resolution: Casliber; David Fuchs; Jclemens; John Vandenberg; Mailer diablo; Newyorkbrad; PhilKnight; Risker; Roger Davies; Xeno
Support i): Cool Hand Luke (did not vote on other sections)
Oppose resolution: None
Not voting/inactive: Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry; Coren; Elen of the Roads; Iridescent; Kirill Lokshin; SirFozzie

The committee further resolves that upon the passing of this resolution, Newyorkbrad is appointed as the Arbitration Committee liaison to the Wikimedia Foundation effective 18 August 2011 until December 31, 2012, or such time as the role is reassigned by the committee.

Support resolution: Jclemens; Casliber; Cool Hand Luke; John Vandenberg; Mailer diablo; PhilKnight; Risker; Roger Davies; Xeno.
Accept appointment: Newyorkbrad
Oppose resolution: None
Not voting/inactive: Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry; Coren; David Fuchs; Elen of the Roads; Iridescent; Kirill Lokshin; SirFozzie.

Internal resolution passed.

As part of the role of the Liaison, Newyorkbrad and another member of the Committee, Coren, attended at the WMF offices on 4 November 2011 to meet with a number of staff in varying roles in order to discuss multiple issues. A teleconference was also held on the same date with other available arbitrators participating, including Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry, Kirill Lokshin, Risker, Roger Davies, and Xeno. Reports of the meetings are now being drafted for discussion amongst the committee as a whole, and the community can anticipate further announcements related to these discussions in the near future.

For the Arbitration Committee, Risker (talk) 08:00, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)