FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
When It Reigns It Poors -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> When It Reigns It Poors, The Nero State Emergy
Rating  3
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

When It Reigns It Poors

Corporate owned financial institutions pull off the most massive corporate engineered theft of the Common Wealth in American history and the corporate owned media wring their invisible hands about the “economic downturn”. We are told that it's time for “austerity measures” and “shared sacrifice” while we stare a tidal wave of slush funds in the face that corporate lords have been stashing away for a reigny day, the day they finally bust us down to the estate of serfs and guildless peons once again.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

Obama also spearheaded unprecedented attacks on members of the Black Caucus in order to neutralize a potential point of resistance to the austerity policies which are required to facilitate the greatest transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich in US history. But I wouldn't waste time comparing and contrasting him with Dubya -- I think it is more useful to think of it as one continuous, shameful administration for the past decade.
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Tue 26th April 2011, 10:39am) *

Obama also spearheaded unprecedented attacks on members of the Black Caucus in order to neutralize a potential point of resistance to the austerity policies which are required to facilitate the greatest transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich in US history. But I wouldn't waste time comparing and contrasting him with Dubya — I think it is more useful to think of it as one continuous, shameful administration for the past decade.

Only the young and very naive think that replacing the block at the top will do much to lighten the pyramid on the people's backs. There is no Atlas to do our shrugging for us, we'll have to shuck it ourselves.

Talking about Obama vs. Trumplestiltskin is kind of pointless right now, so I'm not going to entertain a lot of time wastage on that — we have Wikipedia and all the other corporate owned media for ample diversion on that score. Rational adults will be forced to vote for the infinitesimally less evil option, and that's the only kind of choice we have had for a long time in America when it comes right down to the voting booth.

In the meantime, politics is local. In my locality we are facing the Last Days of the Final Corporate Takeover of the Public Sector, and that means everything from Government to Education to Corrections to Natural Resources, Parks, and Recreation.

Jon (IMG:http://wikipediareview.com/stimg9x0b4fsr2/1/folder_post_icons/icon9.gif)
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Tue 26th April 2011, 4:14pm) *

In the meantime, politics is local. In my locality we are facing the Last Days of the Final Corporate Takeover of the Public Sector, and that means everything from Government to Education to Corrections to Natural Resources, Parks, and Recreation.

Jon (IMG:http://wikipediareview.com/stimg9x0b4fsr2/1/folder_post_icons/icon9.gif)

Huzzah! You should be saying. The sooner the corporations control all things the sooner the revolution will come about.

The USA has got about 20-30 years before it disintegrates into at least three seperate nations.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(RMHED @ Tue 26th April 2011, 4:51pm) *

The USA has got about 20-30 years before it disintegrates into at least three seperate nations.

No, more complex. History repeats three times, as tragedy, then farce, then finally Disney-fication. I'm seeing signs of breakup into theme-park areas:

Rust Beltovia
Metrolib Smugsville
Cornufructosia
Mormonation
SalsaRama
Desert RevivalLand
Airport Hell
Methburbs (Weedlot)
Highway to Nowhere
Yachtsville (Bahia Mar)
Flood-Tornado Adventure Alley
PrisonWorld

If you've ever seen Bahia Mar you can well believe that 1% of the people own 50% of the stuff in this country. If you've driven through nearby Hialeah you can well believe that it is the city with the highest population density without featuring a skyscraper. Because what else would all those newly immigrated Cubans and displaced South Americans be doing that would require the direct and nearby services of anybody who can afford to own space in a skyscraper? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)