FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Election results -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Election results, Voting has begun
Cla68

Postmaster

Group: Regulars

If anyone is interested in following the results as the votes roll in, here's a constantly updated table. So far it appears that six different people have a fair shot at the seventh spot.

This post has been edited by Cla68:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Obesity

I taste as good as skinny feels.

Member No.: 6,909

That Gurch is a clever fellow.
+Quote Post
Kurt M. Weber

Group: Contributors

There are at least 49 people who hate Wikipedia.
+Quote Post
Newyorkbrad

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Kurt M. Weber @ Sun 30th November 2008, 9:32pm) *

There are at least 49 people who hate Wikipedia.

So far. It's early yet.
+Quote Post
One

Postmaster General

Group: Contributors

Shalom's predictions are holding up pretty well. He picked 15 to be in the top ten, and of the current top 13, he picked twelve (only missed Wizardman). The other three of his 15 picks are underperforming his prediction, and I find it surprising in at least one case.
+Quote Post
D.A.F.

Unregistered

Great comment: ArbCom must be disbanded and replaced with a system which actually works. Sorry, I oppose. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Obesity

QUOTE(Xidaf @ Sun 30th November 2008, 9:41pm) *

Great comment: ArbCom must be disbanded and replaced with a system which actually works. Sorry, I oppose. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

Odd that he would say that, then oppose Kurt Weber, who basically advocates the same thing.
+Quote Post
Newyorkbrad

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Obesity @ Sun 30th November 2008, 9:42pm) *

Odd that he would say that, then oppose Kurt Weber, who basically advocates the same thing.

He opposed everyone.
+Quote Post
D.A.F.

Unregistered

He probably did not know what Weber was professing, his intention was to oppose every candidate to make a point. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) Reminds me of booty who would oppose any request for adminship.
+Quote Post
Newyorkbrad

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Xidaf @ Sun 30th November 2008, 9:48pm) *

He probably did not know what Weber was professing, his intention was to oppose every candidate to make a point. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) Reminds me of booty who would oppose any request for adminship.

Actually, it turns out that he (Bstone) did support one candidate (Privatemusings).
+Quote Post
Obesity

Will Beback is my favorite admin. He effortlessly combines the stubbornness of a grumpy old man, the humor of a cardboard box and the intellect and reasoning of a brick.

This exchange between he and Blnguyen, over the latter's opposition of ArbCom candidate Coren, is vintage Beback:

YellowMonkey: Oppose - too much of a enforcer mentality. I did a CU Sfacets once, which came back on opposite sides of the world, but Coren said it was him anyway

Will Beback: Sfacets said that he frequently traveled between Australia and Europe.

YellowMonkey: Not within 3-4 hours.

pwned!
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

Casliber and that Rlevse guy, who are both getting votes, gave poor responses to Lar's questions.
+Quote Post
Obesity

QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 30th November 2008, 9:54pm) *

Casliber and that Rlevse guy, who are both getting votes, gave poor responses to Lar's questions.

How many people do you think are even reading questions?
+Quote Post
Kelly Martin

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Member No.: 6,696

Damn. White Cat is beating Charles Matthews.
+Quote Post
The Wales Hunter

Hackenslasher

Good how civility goes out of the way during elections, Mr Obesity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=255130295

# Can I say no fucking way under any condition should this user be an admin let alone ArbCom member, refuses to maintain a reasonable size for his talk page among other issues. βcommand 03:03, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
+Quote Post
D.A.F.

Unregistered

QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 30th November 2008, 9:54pm) *

Who cares, answering questions is not what matters, it's like a dumb population who vote according to the presidential debate in the US.

Having good answers does not show someone is up to the task, it shows that they can please others with good answers. That's all.
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

Rlevse was the guy whose pictures of boy scouts, uploaded in innocence, found their way onto Wikia's Spanking Fetish site amidst various sexualized drawings of children, in one of the most depraved incidents Wikipedia has ever thrown up.

Rlevse ended up on Jimbo's talk page demanding that he act to remove them. Jimbo and the Wikia crowd deleted the whole site after WR made a fuss. Wikipediots were furious, claiming we were "attacking freedom and free culture", by opposing their "right" to take pictures of other people's children and post them on another of Jimbo's sites in a sexual context.
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Mon 1st December 2008, 2:58am) *

Damn. White Cat is beating Charles Matthews.

Lol! And so it should be IMHO (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
D.A.F.

Unregistered

QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 30th November 2008, 10:11pm) *

Rlevse was the guy whose pictures of boy scouts, uploaded in innocence, found their way onto Wikia's Spanking Fetish site amidst various sexualized drawings of children, in one of the most depraved incidents Wikipedia has ever thrown up.

Rlevse ended up on Jimbo's talk page demanding that he act to remove them. Jimbo and the Wikia crowd deleted the whole site after WR made a fuss.

I was not saying he should be supported, what I am saying is more general, just that it is dumb to support or oppose someone just because they gave good or bad answers.

This post has been edited by Xidaf:
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

QUOTE(Xidaf @ Mon 1st December 2008, 3:15am) *

I was not saying he should be supported, what I am saying is more general, just that it is dumb to support or oppose someone just because they gave good or bad answers.

Rlevse was the innocent victim (alongside the kids in the photos) of that incident, and he reacted correctly by demanding the photos be removed. Other Wikipediots covered themselves in shame.

I couldn't give a shit who votes for who and who is on Arbcom - I don't edit WP. I just said that those two guys gave poor answers to Lar's questions in my view. They seemed naive and dogmatic about key BLP issues.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)