FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
SandyGeorgia -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SandyGeorgia, sovereign ruler of the Drahma Queen Empire
What do you think?
What do you think about SandyGeorgia?
I agree with the OP [ 2 ] ** [3.33%]
I like her [ 14 ] ** [23.33%]
She is just okay [ 2 ] ** [3.33%]
Who is she? [ 2 ] ** [3.33%]
BAN HER@@@@@@@@@@@@ [ 5 ] ** [8.33%]
I dont give a crap [ 8 ] ** [13.33%]
I am SandyGeorgia [ 14 ] ** [23.33%]
Just another wikipedo [ 3 ] ** [5.00%]
I am one of her "friends" so I have to support her whenever she is criticized, no matter what I really think [ 2 ] ** [3.33%]
I'm too lazy to read this poll! [ 8 ] ** [13.33%]
Total Votes: 60
Guests cannot vote 
I wish to remain anonymous

Neophyte

Group: Contributors

I hate this no lifer Wikipedo. She is basically a grouchy old lady who has her gang of friends and looks upon everyone else as if they are not even human. She complains constantly about uncivil and npa violateing editors while being grossly uncivil and making personal attacksherself. Oh I wish someone would nominate her for adminship so we could watch the RFA go down in flames. Oh, the way she thinks everyone who disagrees with her. Whenever she supports an RFA she complains that the opposers have a combined iq far below that of the average chimp. Whenever she opposes (aka 99% of the time) she complains that the supporters are immature and myspacey elementary school childrenwho care about nothing but their signatures. And she seemsto think that her (often the only) oppose vote has the power to cancel out overwhelming support of an RFA candidate. Even though she isn't an admin she has more clout than most admins because she bullies other, especially newer/younger editors (the so called "immature MYSPAce sigs") into agreeing with her no matter how retarded her stance is. Hell, I've seen her oppose RFA candidates based on one of their first edits that theymade many months ago. As well as her opinion that admin "misbehavior" is grounds to tolerate trolling by a longtime
Troll. When supertroll "The Fat Man Who Never Came Back" posted a rant aimed at wikitard "HalfShadow" containing slurs, profanity, and threats ofviolence, halfshadow unsurprisily was upset and then sandy completely ignored the rant and berated HalfShadow for threading his response incorrectly. She manipulates WP rules to her own advantage. I really do wonder how many goodfaith newbies she has driven away from WP. She is just one more Wikipedo that the encyclopedia is better without.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

I think she is nice.

I do miss her.

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.
Member No.: 981

QUOTE(I wish to remain anonymous @ Fri 17th December 2010, 9:33pm) *

I hate this no lifer Wikipedo. She is basically a grouchy old lady who has her gang of friends and looks upon everyone else as if they are not even human. She complains constantly about uncivil and npa violateing editors while being grossly uncivil and making personal attacksherself. Oh I wish someone would nominate her for adminship so we could watch the RFA go down in flames. Oh, the way she thinks everyone who disagrees with her. Whenever she supports an RFA she complains that the opposers have a combined iq far below that of the average chimp. Whenever she opposes (aka 99% of the time) she complains that the supporters are immature and myspacey elementary school childrenwho care about nothing but their signatures. And she seemsto think that her (often the only) oppose vote has the power to cancel out overwhelming support of an RFA candidate. Even though she isn't an admin she has more clout than most admins because she bullies other, especially newer/younger editors (the so called "immature MYSPAce sigs") into agreeing with her no matter how retarded her stance is. Hell, I've seen her oppose RFA candidates based on one of their first edits that theymade many months ago. As well as her opinion that admin "misbehavior" is grounds to tolerate trolling by a longtime
Troll. When supertroll "The Fat Man Who Never Came Back" posted a rant aimed at wikitard "HalfShadow" containing slurs, profanity, and threats ofviolence, halfshadow unsurprisily was upset and then sandy completely ignored the rant and berated HalfShadow for threading his response incorrectly. She manipulates WP rules to her own advantage. I really do wonder how many goodfaith newbies she has driven away from WP. She is just one more Wikipedo that the encyclopedia is better without.

Who are all these unpleasant people and why should we care?
+Quote Post

Neophyte

I must say though it is funny to watch her whine and complain incessantly until she gets her way
+Quote Post

Neophyte

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 17th December 2010, 6:35pm) *

I think she is nice.

I do miss her.

Ottava, I definitely respect your opinion, I havenothing against SandyGeorgia's supporters (except for the ones who follow her everywhere she goes and loudly complain about anyone who disagrees with or criticizes her). But I must say, wouldn't you feel discouraged if you made a few thousand edits over a few months, and then mistakenly filed a premature RfA (in good faith actually wanting to help, not talking about the power hungry newbies who make 3 or 4 notnow RFAs just a few days apart), and within a few minutes of it being posted, inthe midst of the moral supports and WP:SNOW/WP:NOTNOW opposes/neutrals, someone came in with a long wall of diffs pointing out every little mistake you've ever made, especially within your first few edits, and then went on to complain about you being a perfect example of why RFA is a mess as well as berating the moral supporters and calling them immature or "about half as intelligent as a typical chimp after combining their IQs"? (not an exact SG quote AFAIK but she has said many, many things along those lines)? I respect your opinion but I hope you understand my point of view.
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

I have two FAs with her, it was rough but I enjoyed the time.

Did she defend me during my ArbCom hearing? Nope.

That's life. Nothing you can really do. I still adore her though.
+Quote Post
melloden

QUOTE(I wish to remain anonymous @ Sat 18th December 2010, 3:47am) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 17th December 2010, 6:35pm) *

I think she is nice.

I do miss her.

Ottava, I definitely respect your opinion, I havenothing against SandyGeorgia's supporters (except for the ones who follow her everywhere she goes and loudly complain about anyone who disagrees with or criticizes her). But I must say, wouldn't you feel discouraged if you made a few thousand edits over a few months, and then mistakenly filed a premature RfA (in good faith actually wanting to help, not talking about the power hungry newbies who make 3 or 4 notnow RFAs just a few days apart), and within a few minutes of it being posted, inthe midst of the moral supports and WP:SNOW/WP:NOTNOW opposes/neutrals, someone came in with a long wall of diffs pointing out every little mistake you've ever made, especially within your first few edits, and then went on to complain about you being a perfect example of why RFA is a mess as well as berating the moral supporters and calling them immature or "about half as intelligent as a typical chimp after combining their IQs"? (not an exact SG quote AFAIK but she has said many, many things along those lines)? I respect your opinion but I hope you understand my point of view.

Stop whining, n00b. Your pathetic attempt at hiding your identity and your sorry attitude isn't even worth a laugh.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

QUOTE(I wish to remain anonymous @ Fri 17th December 2010, 7:47pm) *

But I must say, wouldn't you feel discouraged if you made a few thousand edits over a few months, and then mistakenly filed a premature RfA (in good faith actually wanting to help, not talking about the power hungry newbies who make 3 or 4 notnow RFAs just a few days apart), and within a few minutes of it being posted, inthe midst of the moral supports and WP:SNOW/WP:NOTNOW opposes/neutrals, someone came in with a long wall of diffs pointing out every little mistake you've ever made, especially within your first few edits, and then went on to complain about you being a perfect example of why RFA is a mess as well as berating the moral supporters and calling them immature or "about half as intelligent as a typical chimp after combining their IQs"? (not an exact SG quote AFAIK but she has said many, many things along those lines)? I respect your opinion but I hope you understand my point of view.
It appears that the actual theme of your thread is your yearning for acceptance at Wikipedia. Consequently I am inclined to move this thread to the Wikipedia Annex, a special zone which we reserve for such endeavors. I will pause to give you a chance to persuade me otherwise. In the meantime, it is possible that another moderator may proceed with the thread move.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Fri 17th December 2010, 8:53pm) *
It appears that the actual theme of your thread is your yearning for acceptance at Wikipedia. Consequently I am inclined to move this thread to the Wikipedia Annex, a special zone which we reserve for such endeavors.

Yes, please.
+Quote Post
Text

Why do you newbs keep creating more work for the moderators?

If you don't like the WikiPediaGame or some of the people you are forced to interact with, click X and then go!
+Quote Post
Obesity

I taste as good as skinny feels.

Member No.: 6,909

QUOTE(I wish to remain anonymous @ Fri 17th December 2010, 9:33pm) *

suPERtroll? Fuck you!

Did you happen to notice TFMWNCB is still blocked for his super trolling? so apparently Ms. Georgia is not as influencial as you imagine.

mods, banish this thread to the Annex, please
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Member No.: 130

Moderator note: done. May Obesity have mercy on his soul.
+Quote Post
Theanima

Will anyone dare to tell SG and her bumchums that Wikipedia is not Facebook.?
+Quote Post
Text

But first you have to demonstrate that Wikipedia is not a social game...
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Text @ Thu 30th December 2010, 7:56am) *

But first you have to demonstrate that Wikipedia is not a social game...

Not necessarily. There are many social games that are not facebook. On Farmville I send you brocolli. On Wikipedia I give you a barnstar. They are not the same, due to the fact that barnstars have little points.
+Quote Post
Gruntled

Quite an unusual member

Group: On Vacation

This is amazing. No fewer than seven users on this site have admitted to being Sandy. Possibly some of the eight who like her may be her too. This place really is just like Wikipedia.

Disclaimer: Not that I'm suggesting that Sandy has any socks, here or on WP.
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

Member No.: 8,716

QUOTE(Gruntled @ Fri 31st December 2010, 12:04pm) *

This is amazing. No fewer than seven users on this site have admitted to being Sandy. Possibly some of the eight who like her may be her too. This place really is just like Wikipedia.

"Admitted to being Sandy" perhaps displays a biased point of view. Maybe it was just an "I'm Spartacus" effect?
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 1st January 2011, 12:30am) *

QUOTE(Gruntled @ Fri 31st December 2010, 12:04pm) *

"Admitted to being Sandy" perhaps displays a biased point of view. Maybe it was just an "I'm Spartacus" effect?

Or maybe the Poetlister effect?

+Quote Post
Detective

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 1st January 2011, 5:30am) *

I thought the point of "I'm Spartacus" was to prevent Spartacus being arrested by confusing the soldiers that had come to get him. Are we to assume that hordes of people here are trying to keep Sandy's identity here a secret from the mods? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Detective @ Mon 3rd January 2011, 5:48pm) *

I thought the point of "I'm Spartacus" was to prevent Spartacus being arrested by confusing the soldiers that had come to get him. Are we to assume that hordes of people here are trying to keep Sandy's identity here a secret from the mods? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)

I very much doubt that Sandy is here at all, so I guess the answer to your question has to be "No".

This post has been edited by Malleus:
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(I wish to remain anonymous @ Fri 17th December 2010, 9:47pm) *
...wouldn't you feel discouraged if you made a few thousand edits over a few months, and then mistakenly filed a premature RfA ... and within a few minutes of it being posted, inthe midst of the moral supports and WP:SNOW/WP:NOTNOW opposes/neutrals, someone came in with a long wall of diffs pointing out every little mistake you've ever made, especially within your first few edits, and then went on to complain about you being a perfect example of why RFA is a mess as well as berating the moral supporters and calling them immature or "about half as intelligent as a typical chimp after combining their IQs"?

Not in the slightest! "All in a day's work," I'd say, and then start up another account and do it all over again.

Still, I fear we may have treated Mr. Wish somewhat badly after his first handful of posts here. I'd suggest that we send him some homemade cookies or something, but for that we'd need his street address, which I'm guessing (by his member name) he doesn't want to divulge. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
Obesity

I taste as good as skinny feels.

Member No.: 6,909

QUOTE(Malleus @ Tue 4th January 2011, 12:19am) *

I very much doubt that Sandy is here at all, so I guess the answer to your question has to be "No".

she reads WR from time to time but I imagine she finds the atmosphere to hostile to ever post here.
+Quote Post
CharlotteWebb

Postmaster General

Who's "we", pale-face?
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Obesity @ Tue 4th January 2011, 2:17am) *

QUOTE(Malleus @ Tue 4th January 2011, 12:19am) *

she reads WR from time to time but I imagine she finds the atmosphere to hostile to ever post here.

It becomes less hostile to people who actually show up. We are human, after all.

WR is merely a town meeting for the politicians of WP, but one that they don't control, so that somebody who asks embarassing questions or makes nasty accusations can't just be escorted out by the cops. Instead, they have to deal with the question. And the followup.

If we had a history of doing nothing to the WP wonks who dare to come here, but say "Nyah, nyah you have shit-for-brains!" --that would be one thing. Some of them do indeed have shit for brains, but we have so much more to offer on WR, than that observation. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

We can indeed be uncivil here, sure, but there's far more than just incivility. On WR, you can find yourself in a real debate (not like on the TALK pages of WP) and rhetorically get your butt handed to you in thin slices, if you're not careful. Sometimes, even if you are careful. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Is this SandyGeorgia? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif)
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

I've had a difference of opinion with her once or twice but she is actually one of the rare quality editors out there who has some clue.

Just because this is a forum devoted to criticism of Wikipedia doesn't mean that this is a forum devoted to mindless criticism of everything about Wikipedia.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(radek @ Tue 4th January 2011, 2:56pm) *

Just because this is a forum devoted to criticism of Wikipedia doesn't mean that this is a forum devoted to mindless criticism of everything about Wikipedia.

Correct. For THAT, see the various TALK pages of Wikipedia.
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(radek @ Tue 4th January 2011, 3:56pm) *
I've had a difference of opinion with her once or twice but she is actually one of the rare quality editors out there who has some clue. ... Just because this is a forum devoted to criticism of Wikipedia doesn't mean that this is a forum devoted to mindless criticism of everything about Wikipedia.

Well, I'd say the reaction to this thread nicely reinforces what you're saying, right? Someone shows up out of the blue to attack SandyGeorgia (T-C-L-K-R-D) over what to anyone other than the thread-starter is a completely trivial matter, and the reaction is near-unanimous rejection. Indeed, the overwhelming majority of poll respondents either like her, or want people to think they actually are her.

Still, the more important issue is this question of why SandyGeorgia doesn't appear on WR. I don't think she's so concerned about being bashed by people - there just isn't that much of it directed at her, at least not of a serious nature, and she doesn't even seem like the type who would care all that much. I mean, if she can't handle criticism, why isn't she an admin?

No, I believe there's another reason, possibly involving her simply not wanting to be seen as encouraging people to criticize Wikipedia in general. Also, I think she wants to stay on Raul654's good side (if he can even be said to have a "side" given his body-type), because of his continuing role in the "Featured Article" process, and her participating here would definitely not sit well with him.
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 4th January 2011, 4:46pm) *

Is this SandyGeorgia? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif)

Her eyes are just a little too far apart but totally doable for a Wiki girl (if she was a Wiki girl). By the way, I think the real Sandy is much older as she has kids. However, it is Georgia so children might not be an appropriate measure of age. ;/

This post has been edited by Ottava:
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

SG is an odd character in the WP Freak-Show.

She's actually managed to stand up to SlimVirgin. (Which helps to explain why people like her.)

But she's also pulled some sleazy tricks. Plus, she's obsessed with WP.

In short, she's a "Good Wikipedian". She knows how to play a dirty, rigged game.
(Like Jayjg, she's done a great job of covering up her real identity.)

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
chrisoff

I think SandyGeorgia is an aging baby boomer who has multiple health problems and constant RL issues like dying dogs, a forced move to a deteriorating house with a leaky basement, or was it a roof etc., who has a school marm personality and wants desperately to have loyal followers on wiki who she trys to control through FAC.

She has admitted to reading WR for "fun". Don't think she has much of a social life beyond the wiki so it makes sense she would enjoy WR.

I think she is rather pathetic.

In short, she's a "Good Wikipedian". She knows how to play a dirty, rigged game.
(Like Jayjg, she's done a great job of covering up her real identity.)

She has make many praising posts of Jayjg, so it figures.

This post has been edited by chrisoff:
+Quote Post
chrisoff

[
] I very much doubt that Sandy is here at all, so I guess the answer to your question has to be "No". [
]

Well, I think she reads WR religiously, gathering her dirt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=415144946

+Quote Post
Peter Damian

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Mon 21st February 2011, 4:12pm) *

[
] I very much doubt that Sandy is here at all, so I guess the answer to your question has to be "No". [
]

Well, I think she reads WR religiously, gathering her dirt.

Well everything she says there seems robust to me.

Generally, I think the "Women in Wikipedia" claptrap is bunk, to overshadow the problems in the general decline in editorship and, along with the recent trend of promoting unqualified admins, a way to avoid looking at the real problems. I can't come to Wikipedia anymore without spending most of my day dealing with POV pushers, trolls, vandals, socks and attacks on good faith editors, while the disruptive editors are allowed to continue. And all of this is because Wikipedia does not value content contributors, does not have a mechanism for dealing with POV, and does not value high-quality articles and editors any more than the random troll. None of the problems I encounter on Wikipedia have any relation to gender. So, we're now seeing a push to get more marginal content on the mainpage, right up there with Plagiarism Central; why do we work for so hard for the one area of Wikipedia that turns out our 1% of decent content? I left the US years ago to work in countries where a woman's contributions were valued for what they were, not because of some Equal Opportunity claptrap where I got thrown in with incompetent promotions in the corporate world; I don't need to work here under similar gender-based bunk. Bottom line is if you write featured content, be prepared to spend the Rest Of Your Wiki Life trying to keep it up to standard.

Wikipedia will likely eventually go the way of most internet ventures, as it is gradually overtaken by the disruptive editors (a recent Arb Enforcement decision comes to mind [ http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showt...=0&#entry268903 ]), and our hope is that at least our featured contributions will survive in decent shape. I doubt it-- unless we stay on top of them, they deteriorate back to the level of the rest of the Wikipedia.

This post has been edited by Peter Damian:
+Quote Post
chrisoff

: Agree (I'm sure James Joyce would get a kick out of the Category discussions on his talk). I had hopes that [[WP:OWNERSHIP#Featured articles]] would stem some of the tide, but I'm not sure it has helped much. Wikipedia will likely eventually go the way of most internet ventures, as it is gradually overtaken by the disruptive editors (a recent Arb Enforcement decision comes to mind [http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=33068&pid=268903&st=0&#entry268903]), and our hope is that at least our featured contributions will survive in decent shape. I doubt it-- unless we stay on top of them, they deteriorate back to the level of the rest of the Wikipedia. BTW, I started working up [[User:SandyGeorgia/sandbox#Wikipedians_with_four_or_more_FA_nominations_gone|a list of missing FA writers]], but have been sick for two days and haven't finished. [[User:SandyGeorgia|Sandy<font color="green">Georgia</font>]] ([[User talk:SandyGeorgia|Talk]]) 15:39, 21 February 2011 (UTC)

"have been sick for two days"? Yeah, right! Look at her contributions over the last several days. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contr...ns/SandyGeorgia Most are tltr. Verbose haggling spreading her grievances over multiple sites and then blaming others for doing it.

+Quote Post
Theanima

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Mon 21st February 2011, 8:38pm) *

"have been sick for two days"? Yeah, right! Look at her contributions over the last several days. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contr...ns/SandyGeorgia Most are tltr. Verbose haggling spreading her grievances over multiple sites and then blaming others for doing it.

Hehe, that's a common SG tactic of gaining sympathy. Sometimes it's a pet died, or an illness, or moving house, or a broken roof... but mostly she manages to squeeze in at least 16 hours of editing each day.

Apparently she's trying to tone down her drama queen attitude, but is failing miserably. Lately she more or less accused an RFA candidate of being a sockpuppet of Archtransit simply because they both belonged to the same wikiproject, then tried to weasel her way out of it when she was questioned.

Sorry for the mini rant, but the woman irritates me more than most things on Wikipedia, and there's absolutely nothing that can be done about her.
+Quote Post
chrisoff

Agree completely. She is so egotistical that she reads WR fanatically, looking for any mention of her - good or bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=415241260

Her defenders, like the usurious Malleaus, are wrong!
+Quote Post
gomi

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Mon 21st February 2011, 5:57pm) *
Is Malleus running a payday-lending operation, charging extremely high rates of interest, or did you mean "uxorious" (extremely fond of his wife) or "unctuous" (extremely flattering, so much so as to be oily)?
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Tue 22nd February 2011, 1:57am) *

Agree completely. She is so egotistical that she reads WR fanatically, looking for any mention of her - good or bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=415241260

I've never been called "usurious" before and I doubt that that I ever will be again. I blame the teachers.
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(gomi @ Mon 21st February 2011, 9:10pm) *

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Mon 21st February 2011, 5:57pm) *
Is Malleus running a payday-lending operation, charging extremely high rates of interest, or did you mean "uxorious" (extremely fond of his wife) or "unctuous" (extremely flattering, so much so as to be oily)?

He probably meant tedious as it has the same kind of ring but he didn't know how the word began.

I find Malleus adorable and/or precious. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 22nd February 2011, 10:13am) *

Me too. I like to think of Malleus as Wikipedia's answer to Noel Coward. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 22nd February 2011, 3:13pm) *

He probably meant tedious as it has the same kind of ring but he didn't know how the word began.

Since she used to sign all her Wikipedia posts "Karen Ann", I don't think I'm giving away any earth-shattering secrets by pointing out that Mattisse is a "she".
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Tue 22nd February 2011, 1:00pm) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 22nd February 2011, 3:13pm) *

Since she used to sign all her Wikipedia posts "Karen Ann", I don't think I'm giving away any earth-shattering secrets by pointing out that Mattisse is a "she".

chrisoff is Mattisse? o.O

Hmm....
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 22nd February 2011, 5:40pm) *

Me too. I like to think of Malleus as Wikipedia's answer to Noel Coward. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

That resonates with me too, but I want to make it very clear that I'm heterosexual. Nothing against those with other sexual orientations, I just don't understand them.
+Quote Post
Zoloft

May we all find solace in our dreams.

Member No.: 16,621

QUOTE(Malleus @ Tue 22nd February 2011, 5:05pm) *
That resonates with me too, but I want to make it very clear that I'm heterosexual. Nothing against those with other sexual orientations, I just don't understand them.

But can you pull off sitting in a chair wearing a silk gown, brandishing a cigarette holder, and seeming quite debonair?

This post has been edited by Zoloft:
+Quote Post
chrisoff

Ha! SandyGeorgia failed to deep six the RFA for Bushranger, a really good guy! She made hundreds of posts on the Naval History portal and RS/N, and her talk page and his RFA trying to knock him down and scapegoat him. Why does she pick on him? Because he works on DKY, another boat she is trying to sink. She is trying to set up a caste system of editors with herself and her followers at the top.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req.../The_Bushranger
+Quote Post
Theanima

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Wed 23rd February 2011, 6:25pm) *

Ha! SandyGeorgia failed to deep six the RFA for Bushranger, a really good guy! She made hundreds of posts on the Naval History portal and RS/N, and her talk page and his RFA trying to knock him down and scapegoat him. Why does she pick on him? Because he works on DKY, another boat she is trying to sink. She is trying to set up a caste system of editors with herself and her followers at the top.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req.../The_Bushranger

In fairness to SG, DYK is a problematic area of the project. It was fine 6 years ago, when the project was much smaller, and the need for new pages was greater. Now it's 2011, we have 3.5 million articles. We still have lots missing, sure, but it's no longer our priority. What we have now is "glorified stubs" being posted to the main page, right underneath an intensely scrutinised, well-written and researched featured article. It makes no sense to me. All too often, these articles are rushed to gain brownie points, and go under very little scrutiny at all - very often, only the length and date are checked. Any article which goes on the main page should be of a good quality.

What SG does wrong is classify all editors who work at DYK as plagiarisers, gameplayers and award-seeking. This is not at all the case, but for some reason any person associated with that area seems to be a bad candidate to her. I also agree with the idea that SG looks down on people who don't or can't write FAs, and is therefore an inferior editor - I can't because I don't have the time or the skill, so in her view I'm inferior.

I've often seen her wonder why people don't contribute to FAC. Among reasons along the lines of not having the writing skill or knowledge, I don't because personally I'm intimidated by her and her ilk. I know for sure my comments are not counted as important as regulars there.
+Quote Post
chrisoff

Now SandyGeorgia is organizing her "FAC women" plus insecure men to defeat the feminists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:San...w_the_feminists

Who says there isn't a SandyGeorgia clique? She is a control freak.

And what is the point of putting down "the children"? They're the future of Wikipedia.

+Quote Post
Theanima

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Thu 24th February 2011, 12:54am) *

Now SandyGeorgia is organizing her "FAC women" plus insecure men to defeat the feminists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:San...w_the_feminists

Who says there isn't a SandyGeorgia clique? She is a control freak.

And what is the point of putting down "the children"? They're the future of Wikipedia.

Should be seen, not heard.
+Quote Post
chrisoff

Should be seen, not heard.

Seems like a death wish to not encourage younger folks.

There are currently 80,000 active editors, or editors who make at least five edits a month. What Wikipedia is trying to do, then, is double up its traffic and editors over the next four years.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/wiki...y_visitors_2015

Where is this doubling of the editors going to come from? Surely not from baby boomers.

+Quote Post
Text

[quote]Where is this doubling of the editors going to come from? Surely not from baby boomers.[/quote

An invasion of people between 15 and 30 as the digital divide is reduced progressively.
+Quote Post
gomi

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Mon 28th February 2011, 11:34am) *
[Children[ Should be seen, not heard.
Seems like a death wish to not encourage younger folks.

Young people != children. Content creation should be restricted to people who have some education. Administration should be restricted to people who have some experience.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Malleus @ Tue 22nd February 2011, 8:05pm) *

Just remember: innuendo is not the Italian word for sodomy and onanism is not the Zen concept of the sound of one hand clapping. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
chrisoff

Who will be SandyGeorgia's next victim? Tony the Tiger! Because he said Moni3 had a "holier than thou attitude" which is a Personal Attack, according to SandyGeorgia

See: here

She is making her plans to take him down. "I am too swamped to even think about it this month, but there's an RFC/U in TonyTheTiger's future"

Moni3 is an abusive admin who uses tools for what SandyGeorgia wants.

This post has been edited by gomi:
+Quote Post
Theanima

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Fri 15th April 2011, 3:29pm) *

Who will be SandyGeorgia's next victim? Tony the Tiger! Because he said Moni3 had a "holier than thou attitude" which is a Personal Attack, according to SandyGeorgia

She is making her plans to take him down. "I am too swamped to even think about it this month, but there's an RFC/U in TonyTheTiger's future"

Moni3 is an abusive admin who uses tools for what SandyGeorgia wants.

Moni3 is absolutely an abusive admin, but then again, TonyTheTiger is a plonker as well. I think SG has done very well lately in keeping out of drama, and it would probably be in her best interests in keeping it that way.
+Quote Post
chrisoff

Not defending Tony the Tiger. Just saying SandyGeorgia and he are in the same league.

Both arrogant. Both feel entitled. Both make editing uglier for others.
+Quote Post
chrisoff

Comment Sandy, yes we know all about your campaign against Raul645 that you, Marskell, and Tony1 have been conducting, trying to undermine him here at FA for some time, over a year now it appears. The entire project does. It's transparent that your participation here is part of that campaign. Your little group has tightened the FA criteria to the point of absurdity, with all kinds of new ridiculous rules about how citations should be written, and quality of writing and sources, which you guys simply ignore when when it suits you. Your new rules go way, way too far, and were made without any substantive community input. It's clear to observers that your little group tries to maintain the FA review process to give them more control over FA content and guidelines, and you frequently use it as a weapon, either against Raul or against individual editors; both being the case here. A good number of we admins have watching this from the sidelines for several months now, so don't make the mistake thinking that you're going to continue on like this at FA unopposed... the cat is out of the bag. This behavior of yours matters because several of the best FA writers have stopped writing FAs because of your group and it methods I've outlined. I'll also note Marksell and Tim Vickers (another from your group) have recently turned up at NOR, V, and RS trying to force unduly tightened sourcing policies too. This constitutes a pattern by a group, and the pattern shows that the group's aims are not the betterment of the project, but undermining and marginalizing fellow volunteers like Raul654 and SlimVirgin. Until you stop trying to impose inane new FA criteria and cease engaging in selective enforcement of same, I'm taking a personal interest in seeing your group's vendetta against Raul654 and SlimVirgin aired out and ended for good. FeloniousMonk 04:41, 11 July 2007 (UTC)

Reply to Sandy's rude comment. Yes it passed. Of course, since I participated for several months in editing and building the article, I would be clueless to whether it was FA or not. And thank you FM for pointing out what's going on here. I didn't know. Orangemarlin 06:39, 11 July 2007 (UTC)

Wow, I had no idea. This is more complicated than it appears at first glance. Thanks FeloniousMonk.--Filll 12:45, 11 July 2007 (UTC)

What's this all about?

+Quote Post
Zoloft

May we all find solace in our dreams.

Member No.: 16,621

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Tue 17th May 2011, 9:45am) *

Comment Sandy, yes we know all about your campaign against Raul645 that you, Marskell, and Tony1 have been conducting, trying to undermine him here at FA for some time, over a year now it appears. The entire project does. It's transparent that your participation here is part of that campaign. Your little group has tightened the FA criteria to the point of absurdity, with all kinds of new ridiculous rules about how citations should be written, and quality of writing and sources, which you guys simply ignore when when it suits you. Your new rules go way, way too far, and were made without any substantive community input. It's clear to observers that your little group tries to maintain the FA review process to give them more control over FA content and guidelines, and you frequently use it as a weapon, either against Raul or against individual editors; both being the case here. A good number of we admins have watching this from the sidelines for several months now, so don't make the mistake thinking that you're going to continue on like this at FA unopposed... the cat is out of the bag. This behavior of yours matters because several of the best FA writers have stopped writing FAs because of your group and it methods I've outlined. I'll also note Marksell and Tim Vickers (another from your group) have recently turned up at NOR, V, and RS trying to force unduly tightened sourcing policies too. This constitutes a pattern by a group, and the pattern shows that the group's aims are not the betterment of the project, but undermining and marginalizing fellow volunteers like Raul654 and SlimVirgin. Until you stop trying to impose inane new FA criteria and cease engaging in selective enforcement of same, I'm taking a personal interest in seeing your group's vendetta against Raul654 and SlimVirgin aired out and ended for good. FeloniousMonk 04:41, 11 July 2007 (UTC)

Reply to Sandy's rude comment. Yes it passed. Of course, since I participated for several months in editing and building the article, I would be clueless to whether it was FA or not. And thank you FM for pointing out what's going on here. I didn't know. Orangemarlin 06:39, 11 July 2007 (UTC)

Wow, I had no idea. This is more complicated than it appears at first glance. Thanks FeloniousMonk.--Filll 12:45, 11 July 2007 (UTC)

What's this all about?

It's about - four years old.
+Quote Post
chrisoff

Well, these days Raul645 is clearly the winner. He doesn't have to do much and yet remains on top, whilst Sandy has to work her butt off to maintain her control over everything.

Marskell left a couple of years ago. Tony1 has other interests than FAC and had a falling out with Sandy because she was so rude to him.

Laser Brain and Karanacs, Sandy's FAC "helpers" no longer seem to be doing their FAC duties.

Moni3, Sandy's admin who abused her tools for Sandy's interests, seems not to be doing anything but protecting "her" articles (a little ownership problem there) and doesn't use her tools any more.

Yellow Monkey (not liked by Sandy) has disappeared from Feature article review, which is rotting away - not much happening there. One article has been there awaiting final disposition since last November.

Another week with no feature articles promoted:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wik...ures_and_admins

Second time this month:

Have Sandy's chickens come home to roost?

+Quote Post
Theanima

QUOTE(chrisoff @ Tue 17th May 2011, 6:57pm) *

Well, these days Raul645 is clearly the winner. He doesn't have to do much and yet remains on top, whilst Sandy has to work her butt off to maintain her control over everything.

Marskell left a couple of years ago. Tony1 has other interests than FAC and had a falling out with Sandy because she was so rude to him.

Laser Brain and Karanacs, Sandy's FAC "helpers" no longer seem to be doing their FAC duties.

Moni3, Sandy's admin who abused her tools for Sandy's interests, seems not to be doing anything but protecting "her" articles (a little ownership problem there) and doesn't use her tools any more.

Yellow Monkey (not liked by Sandy) has disappeared from Feature article review, which is rotting away - not much happening there. One article has been there awaiting final disposition since last November.

Another week with no feature articles promoted:

Second time this month:

Have Sandy's chickens come home to roost?

While chrisoff has been a little irritating here, saying some things that some would have preferred not to hear, the evidence is pretty clear. While SG has kept her head down for some time as far as I know, things aren't quite as they once were around FAC. I for one never did participate there because of how unpleasant and elitist the regulars there are, and how all their own articles magically seem to pass without any issue - suppose it helps when you support your buddies.

I don't wish to berate SG because she does a lot of work on the wiki for the good, but she hasn't helped herself by acting like a whiny little teenager for a lot of the time.
+Quote Post
chrisoff

See whole thread at WR "SandyGeorgia vs. Rodhullandemu"

She has harmed many people in her quest to get her way. Protects her "cabal" even if they are in the wrong, like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:The_Fat_...Never_Came_Back - The FAT Man Who Never Came Back

You're either with her or against her. No neutral for her. If you support her unconditionally, you can do no wrong. The FAC mafia and wannabee children who pathetically do her bidding. LOYALTY ABOVE ALL!

There are other threads also, detailing the damage she has done. But she has certainly worked her butt off. Feels she doesn't get the deference that she deserves.

She has cut back lately and refrained from badgering voters on RFA that she doesn't agree with. Maybe because she saw her comments prompted votes opposite to her POV.

Does whine a lot.

The real deal. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/fear.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)