FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Quack Quack -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quack Quack, ....Nurse Ratchett get me my meds
Piperdown

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

2 Quacks (new interwebs 3.0 lingo for disgraced Wikipedia Admins - redundant, I know) are all in a tizzy over fat men coming back. Who knew that nervous nutters preferred hairy plumper bears?

Meds, stat, to the Wackypedia Ex-Admin Ward of the Very Very Nervous. Little Lord Powerranger and Napolean Boobaparte are in need of comforting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Adm...ard#Quack_quack
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Obesity

I taste as good as skinny feels.

Member No.: 6,909

borrrrrrrring. I thought this thread was going to be about Aurora Snow, the, er, film actress who quacks various sitcom themes:

http://auroratv.ytmnd.com/
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

God damn. Can't we just agree that there's a difference between joking around and inherently disrupting the project by proxying for a (de facto) banned user and explicitly harboring ill will towards other users?—Ryūlóng (竜龙) 23:28, 14 December 2009 (UTC)

Gott Damm!

This is serious stuff, all you Bruce Lee Wannabees. Can't some (de facto) ex-admins get an admin brother to explicit harbor ill will towards someone who's taking away time from serious editing of Power-Rangerpedia?

I mean, gott damm! He threw "inherently" and "de facto" into the same sentence. Hey, could you guys recommend him for law school?

QUOTE(Obesity @ Tue 15th December 2009, 3:31am) *

borrrrrrrring. I thought this thread was going to be about Aurora Snow, the, er, film actress who quacks various sitcom themes:

http://auroratv.ytmnd.com/

Sorry, man, not notable. Plus her ta-ta's don't meat the JzG Standard. Not to be confused with the Mendoza Line.

Fess up, fat. You're already a made admin...
+Quote Post
Obesity

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Mon 14th December 2009, 10:38pm) *

Sorry, man, not notable. Plus her ta-ta's don't meat the JzG Standard. Not to be confused with the Mendoza Line.

Ms. Snow, admittedly, boasts some of the most sorry-looking, small, droopy cans in the adult film world, but she has a wonderfully cute face... and that quacking sound she does is really something else...

Perhaps she even takes requests.... I really like the Small Wonder theme. "She's a miracle, and I'll grant you / She'll enchant you at first sight!" She's (quack) a (quack) small (quack) won(quack)der(quack). And so on in this fashion.
+Quote Post
everyking

Postmaster

I had no idea you were so poorly regarded by some in the Wikipedia community, Obesity. Based on your interactions here, I assumed you were Mr. Popularity. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) Could you describe what exactly happened to cause this block?
+Quote Post
Obesity

QUOTE(everyking @ Mon 14th December 2009, 11:07pm) *

I had no idea you were so poorly regarded by some in the Wikipedia community, Obesity. Based on your interactions here, I assumed you were Mr. Popularity. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) Could you describe what exactly happened to cause this block?

umm, you know. The standard reasons....

LaRouche POV-pushing
Having a pro pedophilia userbox
Calling someone a "bastard bitch from hell" in an IRC room
persistent recreation of the Brian Peppers article
getting mad at someone for voting against me in my RfA and calling his employer to complain that he edits WP at work
Obscene trolling in German
being a "serial timewaster"
kissing Durova and making her cry

I can't remember.

I may also made have made a crack about JzG's moustache.

This post has been edited by Obesity:
+Quote Post
everyking

Postmaster

QUOTE(Obesity @ Tue 15th December 2009, 5:18am) *

LaRouche POV-pushing
getting mad at someone for voting against me in my RfA and calling his employer to complain that he edits WP at work

I can't remember.

You did all that? You scoundrel! You low down dirty dog. How do you even sleep at night?
+Quote Post
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

QUOTE(everyking @ Mon 14th December 2009, 11:31pm) *

QUOTE(Obesity @ Tue 15th December 2009, 5:18am) *

LaRouche POV-pushing

I can't remember.

You did all that? You scoundrel! You low down dirty dog. How do you even sleep at night?

On a bed, I presume.
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(Obesity @ Mon 14th December 2009, 10:18pm) *
I can't remember.

Mr. Obesity was blocked for a humor attempt, i.e., violating the most important Unwritten Rule of Wikipedia: no Humor Attempts.

The blocking admin decided the attempt was not funny, and unblocked him shortly thereafter.

Seriously, that's exactly what happened...
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 14th December 2009, 9:18pm) *

I can't remember.

Mr. Obesity was blocked for a humor attempt, i.e., violating the most important Unwritten Rule of Wikipedia: no Humor Attempts.
I can't follow all this without a program. Does this mean that harej (T-C-L-K-R-D) is actually the FM? But what about the EWPL ("editing while Pro-LaRouche") charge -- is there any substance to that? Because that would mean that the FM is actually me.
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 15th December 2009, 5:18am) *

I can't remember.

The blocking admin decided the attempt was not funny, and unblocked him shortly thereafter.

This is really funny, as is this. Will Beback appeared to recognize fairly quickly that he was being had and got the heck out of there. Ryulong, on the other hand...
+Quote Post
MBisanz

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Tue 15th December 2009, 7:19am) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 14th December 2009, 9:18pm) *

I can't remember.

I can't follow all this without a program. Does this mean that harej (T-C-L-K-R-D) is actually the FM? But what about the EWPL ("editing while Pro-LaRouche") charge -- is there any substance to that? Because that would mean that the FM is actually me.

I know harej well enough to be able to state he is not the FM.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

I would find humor in this, except for the presence of Ryulong and Tznkai, making the
usual flaming pigheaded asses of themselves.......
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 8,716

QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 15th December 2009, 5:18am) *

I can't remember.

It has always seemed strange to me that admins add block log entries willy nilly, but when their blocks are shown to be demonstrably wrong the block remains on the rap sheet. Where is the log of crap administrator actions?
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

I just checked ProQuest NewsStand and found 24 references in reliable sources for John Bambenek. Nineteen of those references, however, were from a single source, the Champaign, Illinois News-Gazette. Checking General OneFile shows that Mr. Bambenek appears to have written a column for The America's Intelligence Wire for the University of Illinois. Thirty-nine of his columns from August 2005 to March 2007 are listed.

If someone had written the article and posted it with all 60+ references listed, I wonder if it would still have been deleted?

This post has been edited by Cla68:
+Quote Post
everyking

Postmaster

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Tue 15th December 2009, 8:11am) *

I just checked ProQuest NewsStand and found 24 references in reliable sources for John Bambenek. Nineteen of those references, however, were from a single source, the Champaign, Illinois News-Gazette. Checking General OneFile shows that Mr. Bambenek appears to have written a column for The America's Intelligence Wire for the University of Illinois. Thirty-nine of his columns from August 2005 to March 2007 are listed.

If someone had written the article and posted it with all 60+ references listed, I wonder if it would still have been deleted?

Try developing a new article in your userspace. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) Seriously, if you cite a bunch of those references, it might stand a chance.
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(everyking @ Tue 15th December 2009, 7:25am) *

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Tue 15th December 2009, 8:11am) *

Try developing a new article in your userspace. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) Seriously, if you cite a bunch of those references, it might stand a chance.

It's a BLP, so no go. The article's subject, however, does appear to want the article to be in Wikipedia.
+Quote Post
everyking

Postmaster

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Tue 15th December 2009, 8:33am) *

It's a BLP, so no go. The article's subject, however, does appear to want the article to be in Wikipedia.

What, you don't edit BLPs?
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(everyking @ Tue 15th December 2009, 7:34am) *

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Tue 15th December 2009, 8:33am) *

What, you don't edit BLPs?

I do, of course. But, I'm trying to get better.
+Quote Post
Obesity

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Tue 15th December 2009, 2:11am) *

And to think I was accused of "trolling" when I claimed I had a "team of experts" in my back pocket to help me find reliable Bambenek sources!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)