FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
IronDuke attacks Cla68! -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IronDuke attacks Cla68!, more lessons in demagoguery
gomi

Group: Members

Since his return from brief, self-imposed exile, IronDuke (T-C-L-K-R-D) has been routinely accusing our very own Cla68 (T-C-L-K-R-D) of "meatpuppeting" for a couple of his imaginary arch-enemies. As usual, IronDuke wades into a completely unrelated discussion to pronounce his position.

Cla68, as we know, is not one to back down from a fight, at least when he's right. We discussed this once before. The last time IronDuke went scuttling off with his tail between his legs -- we'll see what happens this time.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

Group: Regulars

Way to go IronDuke! As if being an inveterate POV pusher weren't enough.
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

A shame Jayjg can't swoop in to rescue his assistants like in the old days, eh?
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(gomi @ Mon 29th November 2010, 6:44pm) *

Since his return from brief, self-imposed exile, IronDuke (T-C-L-K-R-D) has been routinely accusing our very own Cla68 (T-C-L-K-R-D) of "meatpuppeting" for a couple of his imaginary arch-enemies. As usual, IronDuke wades into a completely unrelated discussion to pronounce his position.

Cla68, as we know, is not one to back down from a fight, at least when he's right. We discussed this once before. The last time IronDuke went scuttling off with his tail between his legs -- we'll see what happens this time.

What's up with some of the "pro-Israel" editors? They're so confrontational and adversarial in their approach to editing. Sure, some of the "pro-Palestinian" editors can get a little hostile in content disputes, but, in my experience, they're nowhere near as confrontational as editors like Ironduke, Brewcrewer, and some of the others mentioned in that enforcement thread. Ironduke and several others will go into full-on attack mode on anyone they perceive as a threat to their campaign to push their POV in Israel-related articles. Do they really feel that this is an effective tactic?
+Quote Post
gomi

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Mon 29th November 2010, 3:07pm) *
... Ironduke and several others will go into full-on attack mode on anyone they perceive as a threat to their campaign to push their POV in Israel-related articles. Do they really feel that this is an effective tactic?

Yes, because it very clearly is. IronDuke (T-C-L-K-R-D) , Brewcrewer (T-C-L-K-R-D) , the late, unlamented Brein1007 (T-C-L-K-R-D) , and No More Mr Nice Guy (T-C-L-K-R-D) (the latter two almost certainly someone's socks) get to accuse anyone who disagrees with them of "being a sock puppet of a banned user" or "meatpuppeting for a banned user" or whatever, and some idiot admin or another hits the ban button. IronDuke goes around like a demi-admin, labeling accounts he thinks are socks, and no one does anything about it. Like Jayjg (T-C-L-K-R-D) , when someone has the temerity to call him on it, and doesn't back down, IronDuke goes into hiding until the dust settles, then comes back and starts anew.

So yes, judge from the results -- it is a very effective tactic, in the absence of someone willing to stand up to them.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(gomi @ Mon 29th November 2010, 11:44am) *

Shame on you, Cla68. Still meatpuppeting on WP for a couple of banned users who haven't been seen there for more than 4 years, now. And had nothing in common while they WERE there, actually, except that they both had the bad luck to come under notice of SlimVirgin and whoever her retinue happened to be, in 2006. How do you sleep with yourself at night, for such antics? Grow up.*

You know, 2006 is so long ago that I personally can't remember what I was doing then, except that I do remember that disliked SlimVirgin on WP, even then. But Herschel and Gnetworker?? Who the hell were they? Do you keep a diary or album of HerschelKrustovsky views to insert into articles, or something? Clearly IronDuke still lives in those days. Were there iPhones? Did they wear bellbottoms? It all gets messed up in my mind.

MR

*And if you can't grow up, make sure that you launch all your fueled airplanes, and don't wait to change bombs for torpedoes. Dump the aviation gas over the side, fire off your ship torpedoes, and clear the fueling lines to the deck and fill them with CO2.

--Helpfully, Yamamoto Milton (Hey, this Yamato is NICE. Not good for much, but NICE).
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 30th November 2010, 12:04am) *

QUOTE(gomi @ Mon 29th November 2010, 11:44am) *

Shame on you, Cla68. Still meatpuppeting on WP for a couple of banned users who haven't been seen there for more than 4 years, now. And had nothing in common while they WERE there, actually, except that they both had the bad luck to come under notice of SlimVirgin and whoever her retinue happened to be, in 2006. How do you sleep with yourself at night, for such antics? Grow up.*

If IronDuke would read this essay, he might notice that it describes the very behavior he is engaging in as one of the marks of an activist editor.
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Mon 29th November 2010, 6:07pm) *

QUOTE(gomi @ Mon 29th November 2010, 6:44pm) *

What's up with some of the "pro-Israel" editors? They're so confrontational and adversarial in their approach to editing. Sure, some of the "pro-Palestinian" editors can get a little hostile in content disputes, but, in my experience, they're nowhere near as confrontational as editors like Ironduke, Brewcrewer, and some of the others mentioned in that enforcement thread. Ironduke and several others will go into full-on attack mode on anyone they perceive as a threat to their campaign to push their POV in Israel-related articles. Do they really feel that this is an effective tactic?

The Middle East conflict is fought with many weapons; propaganda is as much a tool of war as the soldiers and jihadists are. These clowns think they are fighting the good fight right alongside their real-life counterparts; to them, the openness of a wiki is just a platform to ensure their preferred version of reality is the one that is on display for the world.

And yes, all they do is either lie low when the heat gets turned up too high, or come back as brand-new accounts when the finally get scorched for good. "Wikifan12345" for example is most certainly a returned banned user.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Member No.: 130

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 30th November 2010, 12:39pm) *

"Wikifan12345" for example is most certainly a returned banned user.
...who also has an account at the Review. Perhaps Wikifan would care to respond.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Cla, when you mention that you "warned" me for personal attacks, you left a few key details out. The most important of these, of course, is that you were (and apparently still are) meatpuppeting for banned editors User:Gnetwerker and User:Herschelkrustofsky. I had hoped you'd been admonished about this already, or perhaps you decided to ignore it. I think I've been pretty patient about your behavior; I haven't sought any kind of block or ban for what is unambiguously a gross violation of Wikipedia policy, but my patience won't last forever. I have the right to remove any and all comments you make about me or edits against me on behalf of banned editors, though I would rather not do so. I'd rather you acknowledged what you're doing is wrong, or at least promise to cease the disruption.

Oh, and in case that's not already wrong enough, the article in question, Leo Frank, is not in the IP area, and the editor you were championing, User: Machn is an indef-blocked sockpuppeteer who made racist and antisemitic statements ("Mr. Ebonics" and "Jew pervert," to take two charming examples). I wouldn't go so far as to say that your going to bat for this editor makes you a white supremacist, rather, I'd say you were pursuing agendas unhelpful to Wikipedia, and should stop immediately. IronDuke 17:58, 29 November 2010 (UTC)

(IMG:http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss273/metasonix/SmileyGoneWrong.gif)

But seriously, folks.....that Cptnono (T-C-L-K-R-D) creature is a real freak-show. (A "new" one, anyway. If that isn't a sock, I mean. Which it probably is.)
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Tue 30th November 2010, 4:50pm) *

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 30th November 2010, 12:39pm) *

...who also has an account at the Review. Perhaps Wikifan would care to respond.

You expect honesty from these vermin? Please... I first thought it was Zeq (T-H-L-K-D), who was banned about a month before 12345's creation, but ol Zeq's grammar was atrocious.
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

Here's another example (see also here) of IronDuke engaging in activist behavior by trying to bully an admin who took actions that IronDuke disapproves of. The CC activists did the same thing to Lar before several of them were topic banned. Attempting to bully or intimidate administrators is one of the signs of an editor with a POV agenda.

This post has been edited by Cla68:
+Quote Post
gomi

The shameful thing is that IronDuke didn't get topic-banned from Israel-Palestine articles when the rest of that crew, including Jayjg, did. That said, he's just as biased and hostile on other topics, so it's not clear that it would have in any way improved things.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

QUOTE(gomi @ Tue 30th November 2010, 4:27pm) *

The shameful thing is that IronDuke didn't get topic-banned from Israel-Palestine articles when the rest of that crew, including Jayjg, did.
Which is puzzling, because he seems a lot more thuggish and heavy-handed than, for example, Jayjg, who would be more apt to couch his threats and insults in Wikipedia bureaucratese in order to evade the civility police.
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Wed 1st December 2010, 12:38am) *

The shameful thing is that IronDuke didn't get topic-banned from Israel-Palestine articles when the rest of that crew, including Jayjg, did.
Which is puzzling, because he seems a lot more thuggish and heavy-handed than, for example, Jayjg, who would be more apt to couch his threats and insults in Wikipedia bureaucratese in order to evade the civility police.

IronDuke's over-the-top hostile approach actually reminds me of Mantanmoreland. Saying stuff like, "Cla68 has been repeatedly warned by admins to stop the behavior yet persists" or "Cla68 has been warned to stop meatpuppeting on behalf of a banned user" are exactly the same kind of things Mantanmoreland used to say. I suspect that if IronDuke ever was actually sanctioned, he would do the same thing as Mantan...wait a few months then start a new account(s) and get right back to it.

+Quote Post
BelovedFox

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Wed 1st December 2010, 5:32am) *

IronDuke's over-the-top hostile approach actually reminds me of Mantanmoreland. Saying stuff like, "Cla68 has been repeatedly warned by admins to stop the behavior yet persists" or "Cla68 has been warned to stop meatpuppeting on behalf of a banned user" are exactly the same kind of things Mantanmoreland used to say. I suspect that if IronDuke ever was actually sanctioned, he would do the same thing as Mantan...wait a few months then start a new account(s) and get right back to it.

Well.. that's what most heavily involved users do. They flame out and come back... if they left under a block it's just by another name.
+Quote Post
Lar

"His blandness goes to 11!"

Member No.: 4,290

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Wed 1st December 2010, 1:32am) *

That's not a reason to not sanction bad users though.
+Quote Post
gomi

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Tue 30th November 2010, 9:32pm) *

I think it is fairly certain that this has already happened. Note Cloud Connection (T-C-L-K-R-D) and others I have forgotten now. He abandons them quickly and generally gets off without repercussion when caught.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Lar @ Wed 1st December 2010, 8:18pm) *

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Wed 1st December 2010, 1:32am) *

That's not a reason to not sanction bad users though.

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/pinch.gif) I'm not above not NOT sanctioning bad users, especially if they're into guerilla threater grade double-negatives that are not unlikely to be used just as much to cause disruption, as not. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif)

Lookie, Lar, you know as well as I do that the most perma-banned people on WP are perma-banned for political reasons. Jimbo or some cabalist or cabalista didn't like them and their ideas, so they were banned (supposedly) entirely from WP, rather than topic-banning them (or--horrors--debating them).

Irony: none of this ever works. If a user is smart enough to be totally site banned for being a troll, they're smart enough to get back on, as an impossible-to-catch sock (and many have done so). So whatever is the point of banning them in the first place? Blocking accounts and sprotecting articles works on simple vandals who are simple vandals because they are too unsophisticated, or simply too stupid, to be real trolls or propagandists or single-issue editos or whatever. It doesn't work at all for the actual trolls and single-mad POV pushers, as I think has been demonstrated again and again. Those people must be dealt with by ignoring or reverting them on the issues, but not blocking them unless they descend to actual clear-vandalism.

I work on articles where half the edits are stuff like "faarts smell like poopp." Cluebot only catches half this stuff-- the rest takes time from the scientists and professionals trying to edit in that environment. If the article was merely sprotected at some level, and (if necessary) the vandal-only schoolkid accounts were blocked automatically for rapidly increasing lengths of time, we'd have a lot more eyes for the bigger more difficult (adult) issues. I sometimes suspect that keeping people busy reverting junior high jokes, is an actual WP policy aimed at keeping people from thinking harder about the core issues on WP. But now I repeat myself, since I'm been saying this on WR for years, and so have others. I'm just annoyed because you're repeating YOURSELF.

IronDuke was frothing the other day that Cla68 might be putting up thoughts from two users permabanned 4 years ago. How many GRAWPs and other vandals have come and gone, since HerschelKrustovsky and Gnetworker and WordBomb had the temerity to mock SlimVirgin? And yet, here we are. It's not about the quality of the encyclopedia. Very clearly, it's not about the encyclopedia! So, stop pretending that it is. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Wed 1st December 2010, 9:41pm) *

Lookie, Lar, you know as well as I do that the most perma-banned people on WP are perma-banned for political reasons. Jimbo or some cabalist or cabalista didn't like them and their ideas, so they were banned (supposedly) entirely from WP, rather than topic-banning them (or--horrors--debating them).

Irony: none of this ever works. If a user is smart enough to be totally site banned for being a troll, they're smart enough to get back on, as an impossible-to-catch sock (and many have done so). So whatever is the point of banning them in the first place?
May I suggest an answer to that question? The point is so that the admin that is OWNing a given group of articles can enforce the house POV there, by asserting that any new editor who contravenes said POV is a sock- or meatpuppet of a banned user (see The Duck Test.) Lar, you were falsely accused of misusing admin powerz in a content dispute. You must know that there are many admins who could be justifiably accused of doing the same, but are not.
+Quote Post
Lar

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Thu 2nd December 2010, 11:38am) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Wed 1st December 2010, 9:41pm) *

Irony: none of this ever works. If a user is smart enough to be totally site banned for being a troll, they're smart enough to get back on, as an impossible-to-catch sock (and many have done so). So whatever is the point of banning them in the first place?
May I suggest an answer to that question? The point is so that the admin that is OWNing a given group of articles can enforce the house POV there, by asserting that any new editor who contravenes said POV is a sock- or meatpuppet of a banned user (see The Duck Test.) Lar, you were falsely accused of misusing admin powerz in a content dispute. You must know that there are many admins who could be justifiably accused of doing the same, but are not.

Well, ya.

Miltie, we all repeat ourselves here. It's what we do.
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 30th November 2010, 8:39pm) *

He just got hit with a topic ban. "No more mister nice guy" was arguing loudly in his defense.
+Quote Post
gomi

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Thu 2nd December 2010, 11:21am) *
QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 30th November 2010, 8:39pm) *
He just got hit with a topic ban. "No more mister nice guy" was arguing loudly in his defense.

Meh. Three-month topic ban. Epeefleche (T-C-L-K-R-D) is curerntly -- and no doubt temporarily -- indef'd over canvassing on Judaica AFDs. IronDuck also weighed in on that one.
+Quote Post
Wikifan

And yes, all they do is either lie low when the heat gets turned up too high, or come back as brand-new accounts when the finally get scorched for good. "Wikifan12345" for example is most certainly a returned banned user.

Yeah, what banned user?

Editors who claim they are victim to a pro-Israel conspiracy tend file and complain the most at AN/I, AE, BLP, and all the other enforcement board.

Many users put more time and effort trying to remove editors they don't like than actually contributing content to Wikipedia.

+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Wikifan @ Fri 3rd December 2010, 1:31am) *

Yeah, what banned user?

I dunno, we'd have to think of what wiki-warriors haven't been seen in the last year or so, those that may not be necessarily banned but didn't want the baggage of their old accounts. 6SJ7, Yahel Guhan (formerly the illustrious Sefringle), and Humus Sapiens come to mind.

This post has been edited by Tarc:
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

The shameful thing is that IronDuke didn't get topic-banned from Israel-Palestine articles when the rest of that crew, including Jayjg, did. That said, he's just as biased and hostile on other topics, so it's not clear that it would have in any way improved things.
Look how suavely Jayjg comports himself at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of Jewish heavy metal musicians, which is otherwise comedy gold.
+Quote Post
Zoloft

May we all find solace in our dreams.

Member No.: 16,621

QUOTE(Tarc @ Fri 3rd December 2010, 7:15am) *

Yeah, what banned user?

I dunno, we'd have to think of what wiki-warriors haven't been seen in the last year or so, those that may not be necessarily banned but didn't want the baggage of their old accounts. 6SJ7, Yahel Guhan (formerly the illustrious Sefringle), and Humus Sapiens come to mind.

So... not a banned user then? Interesting change of tack there, Tac. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif)

This post has been edited by Zoloft:
+Quote Post
Wikifan

QUOTE(Tarc @ Fri 3rd December 2010, 3:15pm) *

Yeah, what banned user?

Do you have a life outside of wikipedia? First you say I'm a banned user and then say I'm an alias of those accounts above?

Good luck finding a shred of evidence to support the accusations.
+Quote Post
nableezy

Member No.: 11,908

QUOTE(Tarc @ Fri 3rd December 2010, 9:15am) *

Yeah, what banned user?

I very much doubt that WF is any of these editors. I would not be surprised if this were his first account, though Im not sure if his claimed age is accurate. If it is I think he would be wise to find something else to do with his free time. Girls, weed, all of the above, just not this.
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Wikifan @ Fri 3rd December 2010, 8:05pm) *

Yeah, what banned user?

Do you have a life outside of wikipedia? First you say I'm a banned user and then say I'm an alias of those accounts above?

The lack of an actual denial is quite telling.
+Quote Post
Wikifan

QUOTE(Tarc @ Sat 4th December 2010, 7:18pm) *

QUOTE(Wikifan @ Fri 3rd December 2010, 8:05pm) *

Yeah, what banned user?

The lack of an actual denial is quite telling.

I guess baseless accusations work well in noticeboards if you cry loud enough but you'll never find evidence suggesting I am an alias of a former account.

You know why? Because this is my only account. I'm not afraid of what editors think of me unlike some people here who use alias to hide their true identity. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if there some admins in this forum.

+Quote Post
Lar

QUOTE(Wikifan @ Sun 5th December 2010, 12:28am) *

[I guess baseless accusations work well in noticeboards if you cry loud enough

This is true. And it's an unfortunate thing about noticeboards. Many baseless accusations are lodged here and many people get targeted...

...but

but you'll never find evidence suggesting I am an alias of a former account.

You know why? Because this is my only account. I'm not afraid of what editors think of me unlike some people here who use alias to hide their true identity. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if there some admins in this forum.

... the latter part seems a bit... off to me. My identity here and on WP are clearly linked. Further, my real name is Larry Pieniazek and I can prove it. What's your real name?... if you don't answer, you're using an alias to hide your true identity (and thus, talking out your @$$). That's OK if you don't answer, it's how things are structured at WP and here, but don't go on and on about aliases, please.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

QUOTE(Lar @ Sun 5th December 2010, 6:23am) *

QUOTE(Wikifan @ Sun 5th December 2010, 12:28am) *

[I guess baseless accusations work well in noticeboards if you cry loud enough

This is true. And it's an unfortunate thing about noticeboards. Many baseless accusations are lodged here and many people get targeted...
My personal favorite is AN/I.
+Quote Post
Wikifan

... the latter part seems a bit... off to me. My identity here and on WP are clearly linked. Further, my real name is Larry Pieniazek and I can prove it. What's your real name?... if you don't answer, you're using an alias to hide your true identity (and thus, talking out your @$$). That's OK if you don't answer, it's how things are structured at WP and here, but don't go on and on about aliases, please.

I mean using an alias to game wikipedia. If I were to disclose my real name it wouldn't make my presence on wikipedia more legitimate.

I was referring to the issue where warriors hunt and stalk other editors on wikipedia mainspace, baiting users and sending them to enforcement boards when the time is right, and then offline they show their true feelings under a false name.

+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

QUOTE(Lar @ Sun 5th December 2010, 9:23am) *
Further, my real name is Larry Pieniazek and I can prove it.

And he's filthy rich...and Google can prove it! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Lar

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Sun 5th December 2010, 10:05pm) *

QUOTE(Lar @ Sun 5th December 2010, 9:23am) *
Further, my real name is Larry Pieniazek and I can prove it.

And he's filthy rich...and Google can prove it! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Filthy? Maybe. Rich? Hardly! Do you know how much horses actually cost to keep? And Roxie's still in the hospital almost a week on.

Old joke:

Q: How to make a small fortune in the horse business?

A: Start with a large one.

But you can prove ANYTHING with Google.

QUOTE(Wikifan @ Sun 5th December 2010, 8:24pm) *

I mean using an alias to game wikipedia. If I were to disclose my real name it wouldn't make my presence on wikipedia more legitimate.

I was referring to the issue where warriors hunt and stalk other editors on wikipedia mainspace, baiting users and sending them to enforcement boards when the time is right, and then offline they show their true feelings under a false name.

Certainly it would. You'd have a real life reputation at stake instead of just your warrior cred. I repeat, you seem to be talking out your...
+Quote Post
thekohser

Why is this thread outside of The Annex?
+Quote Post
gomi

The topic needs to be split and cleaned, but I'm too busy right now to take it on.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Done. Now my hands smell like caviar.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Mon 6th December 2010, 2:47pm) *

Done. Now my hands smell like caviar.

My favorite stuff!

Blows my load!

Milton Roe
+Quote Post
gomi

OK, now Lar (T-C-L-K-R-D) gets the smackdown from IronDuke. He posts, apropos of IronDuke's accusation of Cla's "meatpuppetry":
Your "resolution", above, appears to me to violate NPA, unless you get a consensus that it's actually the case. I suggest you consider refactoring. Even after all this time, it's inappropriate. Lar 01:19, 9 December 2010 (UTC)

ID summarily deletes the post, with the edit summary:
"(It would indeed seem that way, if you knew nothing whatever about the situation. I suggest you email arbcom if you're curious for more detail. Returning to my talkpage to apologize would be optional.)"

Question: Is this POV-pushing troll really being defended by ArbCom, or is this just bluster? Neitehr answer would be surprising, but it's always amusing to see how low Arbcom will sink.
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(gomi @ Thu 9th December 2010, 8:29pm) *

OK, now Lar (T-C-L-K-R-D) gets the smackdown from IronDuke. He posts, apropos of IronDuke's accusation of Cla's "meatpuppetry":
Your "resolution", above, appears to me to violate NPA, unless you get a consensus that it's actually the case. I suggest you consider refactoring. Even after all this time, it's inappropriate. Lar 01:19, 9 December 2010 (UTC)

"(It would indeed seem that way, if you knew nothing whatever about the situation. I suggest you email arbcom if you're curious for more detail. Returning to my talkpage to apologize would be optional.)"

Question: Is this POV-pushing troll really being defended by ArbCom, or is this just bluster? Neitehr answer would be surprising, but it's always amusing to see how low Arbcom will sink.

We'll see.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(gomi @ Thu 9th December 2010, 1:29pm) *

Okay, I'll bite. I'd be curious as to what "ArbCom" would say about this rather incredible charge. I mean, what the hell have either of these two users have to say after 4 years of banniation, that Cla68 would still be repeating? Lyndon Larouche views, maybe?

Inquiring minds want to know. I'll bet it's the idea that SlimVirgin is evil, which Cla68 has actually sort of implied, over the years. But one doesn't have to know either HK or Gnet to figure that out for oneself. Trust me.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

As long as Lar feels the need to make ID's talkpage smell pretty....
what about this?

Lar, do you realize that this "cleanup" will just make ID crazier?
+Quote Post
Lar

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 9th December 2010, 7:07pm) *

I am certain that you are incorrect. My faith in human nature remains unbowed.

ID is, I am sure, a reasonable and sane editor who will do the right thing as we all endeavor to keep WP a civil and friendly environment. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif) Ball is in ArbCom's court. If they answer in the affirmative I will be delighted to restore the material, with an apology. If they answer in the negative, or if they don't answer at all, it needs to stay out...

As for other items on his page, not my primary concern. This is the particular one that caught my eye.
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(Lar @ Thu 9th December 2010, 11:14pm) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 9th December 2010, 7:07pm) *

I am certain that you are incorrect. My faith in human nature remains unbowed.

ID is, I am sure, a reasonable and sane editor who will do the right thing as we all endeavor to keep WP a civil and friendly environment. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif) Ball is in ArbCom's court. If they answer in the affirmative I will be delighted to restore the material, with an apology. If they answer in the negative, or if they don't answer at all, it needs to stay out...

As for other items on his page, not my primary concern. This is the particular one that caught my eye.

Or we could ask for an ArbCom clarification, under the justification that IronDuke says that it is currently under ArbCom juristicdiction, and let IronDuke try to explain exactly why he's invoking arbcom's name as a reason for putting a personal attack on his talk page. I'm sure the new arbitrators would enjoy having a test case to start enjoying what it feels like being an uber-admin.

+Quote Post
gomi

It looks as though IronDuke has gone to ground again, after Lar pulled on his beard. How long will he disappear for this time?

Any response from Arbcom, Lar?
+Quote Post
Lar

QUOTE(gomi @ Thu 16th December 2010, 6:03pm) *

It looks as though IronDuke has gone to ground again, after Lar pulled on his beard. How long will he disappear for this time?

Any response from Arbcom, Lar?

No. I even checked my spam folder and everything.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Lar, you've been rather frisky lately, facing down both IronDuck and Will Beback in the span of one week.
+Quote Post
Gruntled

Quite an unusual member

Group: On Vacation

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Fri 17th December 2010, 4:31am) *

Lar, you've been rather frisky lately, facing down both IronDuck and Will Beback in the span of one week.

Frisky, is he? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) Maybe he's been dosing himself on the stuff he gives his horses before they compete. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
gomi

[Modnote: the discussion of beards has been moved to Wikipedia Review Review - gomi]
+Quote Post
Heat

Tenured

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Wed 1st December 2010, 5:32am) *

Just as an aside, Mantanmoreland is quite a name to choose give that the actual Mantan Moreland is remembered for his stereotypical portrayal of blacks in film. Might as well have called himself Stepinfetchit or Uncletom or even Pickaninny. It's only because Mantan Moreland is largely forgotten today (unless you saw Spike Lee's "Bamboozled") that the username wasn't banned for insensitivity reasons.
+Quote Post
Infomercial

It's strange that Lar hasn't gotten word from ArbCom or IronDuke. Perhaps they're mutually keeping quiet to prevent further debate. However, IronDuke hasn't done a thing, a literal thing, since Lar removed the section. I presume he's just laying low until it all blows over. He may just sneak it back in when he's sure no one's looking. Unfortunately, I don't know how he works that way, so his motives may be less calculated than that.
+Quote Post
Heat

Tenured

QUOTE(Infomercial @ Mon 27th December 2010, 9:20pm) *

It's strange that Lar hasn't gotten word from ArbCom or IronDuke. Perhaps they're mutually keeping quiet to prevent further debate.

Um, it is Christmas and all that.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Heat @ Mon 27th December 2010, 2:47pm) *

QUOTE(Infomercial @ Mon 27th December 2010, 9:20pm) *

It's strange that Lar hasn't gotten word from ArbCom or IronDuke. Perhaps they're mutually keeping quiet to prevent further debate.

Um, it is Christmas and all that.

Yeah. IronDuke spent all day in mass.
+Quote Post
gomi

QUOTE(Infomercial @ Mon 27th December 2010, 1:20pm) *
It's strange that Lar hasn't gotten word from ArbCom or IronDuke. Perhaps they're mutually keeping quiet to prevent further debate. However, IronDuke hasn't done a thing, a literal thing, since Lar removed the section. I presume he's just laying low until it all blows over. He may just sneak it back in when he's sure no one's looking. Unfortunately, I don't know how he works that way, so his motives may be less calculated than that.

IronDuke (T-C-L-K-R-D) has a history of repeated disappearances, every time he comes under negative scrutiny. This behaviour is patterned on his mentor, Jayjg (T-C-L-K-R-D) , and is aimed toward long-term biasing of Wikipedia, not the cheap hit-and-run vandalism so common among others. After Cla68 called him out earlier this year, he disappeared for months, only to come back and post the message that led to this thread. With a lack of continuity in the short attention spans of the wiki-powerful, he can get away with almost anything.
+Quote Post
Heat

Tenured

QUOTE(gomi @ Tue 28th December 2010, 12:42am) *

QUOTE(Infomercial @ Mon 27th December 2010, 1:20pm) *

IronDuke (T-C-L-K-R-D) has a history of repeated disappearances, every time he comes under negative scrutiny. This behaviour is patterned on his mentor, Jayjg (T-C-L-K-R-D) , and is aimed toward long-term biasing of Wikipedia, not the cheap hit-and-run vandalism so common among others. After Cla68 called him out earlier this year, he disappeared for months, only to come back and post the message that led to this thread. With a lack of continuity in the short attention spans of the wiki-powerful, he can get away with almost anything.

As I recall, this caught up with Jayjg in the end (though it took longer and the punishment was probably less severe than had he not engaged in hit and run tactics). Has there been an RFA against IronDuke? Hiding tends to be counterproductive in those cases.
+Quote Post
gomi

IronDuke (T-C-L-K-R-D) is back, after a month's hiatus, with this edit (and 8 more), judging the coast to be clear following the lifting of restrictions on Jayjg (T-C-L-K-R-D) 's editing.

No reaction to Lar's poke or Cla68 ... yet.

+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Mod's note: fans of Kwork's fracas may proceed to this thread.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Wed 12th January 2011, 5:03pm) *

Mod's note: fans of Kwork's fracas may proceed to this thread.

I myself am not a fan of Kwork's fracas, if it's what I think it is, and I hope he keeps it covered in public. I did hear about a woman once who was actually shot in the fracas. It must be close to the yet, because the same article said the bullet was in her yet. Presumably having traversed the fracas.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)